Bloodborne

LocoRoco 2: Spreading the Loco-Love with Free PlayStation Store Goodies!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar + Posted by Chuck Lacson on Jan 29, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

LocoRoco 2 title thumb

This week marks the beginning of a LocoRoco celebration! With LocoRoco 2 hitting PSP’s in just a matter of a weeks, we’ve been reading a lot of great things online with awesome previews on GameInformer.com and cool interviews with LocoRoco-creator, Kouno-san on GameZone.com, and to celebrate all the Loco-Love we are going to offer a ton of awesome LocoRoco Playstation store goodies, and when I say, “awesome” I mean FREE! So be sure to check out the PlayStation Store every week till launch! (Heck..we might even go past launch…who knows?)

LocoRoco 2 wheel LocoRoco 2 rocking horse

To begin, we are kicking-off with some lovely LocoRoco-themed PSP wallpaper!

LocoRoco 2 voyage thumbnail LocoRoco 2 Viole

Whatever mood you are in, these are sure to put a smile on the face and brighten up your PSP system.

LocoRoco 2 screenshot 04 LocoRoco 2 screenshot 03
So what are you “hanging” around for?

Head to the PlayStation PC Store later today to get hooked up!

If you want to get the full download on what’s new and fresh about LocoRoco 2, be sure to check out our last Loco-Post where our producer, Tsubasa Inaba, dishes on what he loves about LR2, like the new multiplayer and shows you how it feels to get whooped on it!

Check us out next week for more Loco-Love on the PS Blog!

+ TakiFuGu on January 29th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

Man, I love that word free!

+ jimmy903 on January 29th, 2009 at 1:48 pm said:

Loco-multiplayer, you just got me interested.

+ JPMCH on January 29th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

I really like to see a version of Loco Roco for PS3, not like Cocoreccho.

+ XOmegaGold on January 29th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

I’d like to see how the multiplayer works, my GF and I will be having tons of fun ^.^

+ jipmg on January 29th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

BRING LOCO ROCO 2 TO PSN , and im so buying it.

ID rather have games on the memory stick than on UMD.

+ JohnnyMoses on January 29th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

I’d like FREE stuff like…….. LocoRoco 1 PSN download for FREE!

+ maxxy209 on January 29th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

I can’t really see loco roco for ps3 , I mean for psp its fun when your on the go and your bored but to sit and play doesn’t sound fun.

Anyway thats awesome free :D , free things is why I love Sony and Playstation.

+ lakaiHIGH on January 29th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

@ johnny – get real man. hahaha would be tight though!

can’t wait to see what else you guys have ‘in store’ for us. <<< see what i did there? LOL

thanks,
Lh

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on January 29th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

I did see what you did there.

(Drats! Wish I thought of it!)

+ katsuo7171 on January 29th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

Thanks for thinking about the consumers with free stuff, please continue your hard work to make more games for the psp. :)

+ reson8er on January 29th, 2009 at 2:02 pm said:

Speaking of LocoRoco on the PSN, In light of the release of LocoRoco 2 for 19.99, how about reducing the price of the PSN version of LocoRoco (1) from 22.99?

I would find it a tough pill to swallow that the year old original costs more than the brand new sequal.

Already preordered LocoRoco 2!

+ ky181 on January 29th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

@10

I agree make Locoroco one cheaper and ill buy it

+ meatwadsicle on January 29th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

when are we getting the demo
ive been playing jap demo 4 a mont
what about patapon 2 im loving the jap demo

+ depward on January 29th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

Will you possibly drop the price of LocoRoco 1 on the PSN store? $15 and it’s mine..

+ TerryVSL on January 29th, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

LocoRoco 2 – Day 1 purchase. I’m amazed at how technically impressive the graphics and dynamics are in the PSP LocoRoco games.

How about Home stuff?

LocoRoco stuff for our apartments? LocoRocos, Mui Mui, etc

LocoRoco clothes

A LocoRoco Home Space

A LocoRoco arcade machine

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on January 29th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

We are totally with you on that and have been discussing the possibilites internally. Don\’t be surprised if you see LocoRoco invade HOME sometime in the future.

Keep the fingers crossed!

+ maxxy209 on January 29th, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

Yeah seriously the price of loco roco on psn is ridiculous I was thinking of buying but then decided no because the price is way to high.

Also yay for the free stuff.

Now more download content wouldn’t mind paying 10 or 40 bucks for ps3 games.

+ krae_man on January 29th, 2009 at 2:26 pm said:

Free themes and trailers wont make up for the lack of a freely available Demo, the needless 2 month delay and the lack of a downloadable version of the game available day and date with the UMD release.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on January 29th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

More to come! Stay tuned.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on January 29th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

More to come! Stay tuned.

+ dwin45 on January 29th, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

Release this on the PS3 as a PSN title and I’ll be interested.

+ Thrasher20 on January 29th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

Will there be a PS3 version?

+ bulletx409 on January 29th, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

hey wait wheres the store update?!?!!?!

+ Trieloth on January 29th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

Every time I see a locoroco I get that song (from the first level) playing in my head for hours.

+ P3nguin_pris0N on January 29th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Thanks, Chuck!

+ DKShadow on January 29th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

It’s a fun game guys, Europe has had it for a couple months and you can safely look forward to this one.

+ WEALLLOVELUNA on January 29th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

loved the first one, and free goodies are always a plus, definately gonna keep my eye out for this one

+ ts_1002 on January 29th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

I can’t wait! First was amazing!

+ angelcoma on January 29th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

I liked the first one. I’ll be picking this up.

+ crazypeng1 on January 29th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

probobally be picking this up unless i have some reason not to,

Also: JEFF! why does it take so long to get our freaking update? update faster so you guys can get money faster, i mean common!

+ TerryVSL on January 29th, 2009 at 4:11 pm said:

Awesome news Chuck. Thanks for the reply.

Too many companies post their news to the blog and then dissapear without comment.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on January 29th, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

Hi everyone,

It’s great to see you are all excited to see the freebies coming your way.

The team have spent a lot of time working on these, I’m sure you will like them.

LocoRoco 2 is really an enjoyable and cheerful PSP game. It is by far my favorite franchise. These items are sure to add to the experience too!

+ PlasmaGlory on January 29th, 2009 at 6:51 pm said:

Thank you.

+ walnoj on January 29th, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

That first picture in the post sure looks like a store icon for Loco Roco 2. Will it be just for the DLC, or will the full game also be available for download on the store?

+ big-gunns on January 29th, 2009 at 8:38 pm said:

FREE is always good. FREE = happy

+ erico316ecw on January 29th, 2009 at 9:28 pm said:

demo? i think making an expandtion 4 loco 2 like adding more level at a reasonable price on the psp store would be a good testing grounds for dlc/add on 4 games on the psp

+ Obi_Al_Kenobi on January 29th, 2009 at 10:22 pm said:

Loco Loco Vato Loco!!!

+ Ramage on January 30th, 2009 at 5:57 am said:

One question

will this be available as a DL from the PS Store?

+ Midgetguy on January 30th, 2009 at 6:45 am said:

I’m loving the wallpapers! I already pre-ordered my copy of Locoroco 2! (But for some reason I never recieved a code for the demo… :( )

But I’m really looking forward to seeing all of the new changes and, of course, hearing my favorite songs again! From watching a few videos on youtube I noticed that there are some “remixes” of the older songs with new parts and such… well, they sound AWESOME!!!!

(One question, is there any way that you could hook me up with a demo for Locoroco 2?)

+ StalkingSilence on January 30th, 2009 at 6:46 am said:

@”more to come [from PSP PS Store], stay tuned!”
Will you please offer this full game as a download on the PSP PS Store within a reasonable amount of time?
I would love it!

+ Spyroluver88 on January 30th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

I CAN’T WAIT!!! I am already singing the yellow LocoRoco’s song in my head!
“Pocoracha Ohberne, pocoroo shickadorugy…”
Too bad I can’t spell any of this…lol

Thanks for the free stuff. I will be taking it all!! Hurry up February 10th!

+ Spazgadget on January 30th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

Please mark me down as another vote for making this available as a PSN download! Many users would love this method of delivery for future titles.

Very excited for LocoRoco 2 – been playing the first (that I downloaded from PSN!) for weeks getting ready for it.

(Make Resistance a downloadable title too while you’re at it!)

+ Chillie-Pepper on January 30th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

sweet, cant wait

+ blindrocket on January 30th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

I want more LocoRoco games on the Playstation Store for the PS3! I don’t own a PSP yet so I’ve been missing out on some of these. :(

<3 LocoRoco

+ MayhemCK on January 31st, 2009 at 1:31 am said:

i love these interactive oranges lol seriously one of my first psp buys keep em coming

+ TheFray9 on January 31st, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

oh! thats sexy

+ guitain on January 31st, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

Hooray for the abundance of LocoRocos acting out in Home, being as jolly as only LocoRocos can be =D Huzzah!

+ saintaqua on February 3rd, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

I want PSP trophies now, too!