Bloodborne

Help Us Help You: Take the PlayStation.Blog Survey

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jan 30, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Hey there, PlayStation.Blog reader! You may have noticed the addition of Chris Morell to our staff in December. If not, I encourage you to head over to his Flower interview and giggle at the freeze-frame there. It’s OK, I’ll wait.

There, wasn’t that worth it?

Besides making faces for the camera, Chris has enabled us, your PlayStation Social Media Team, to think a bit more expansively. We want to do more with our existing Facebook and Twitter accounts. We want to produce more video (and audio?) content for the Blog. Basically, to do more of the stuff that you like, and to do the things you already like, only better.

But what, exactly, *do* you like? That leads us the the first ever PlayStation.Blog Readers Survey. We’ve crafted together a fairly short web survey to ask you about your experience with the Blog, and a tiny bit more about your larger interactions with PlayStation. Don’t worry, there are no uncomfortable questions like “How much money do you make in a year?” or “How did you do on your SATs?” or “Really that’s it? Don’t you think you should’ve studied more?” Rather, the questions will be used directly to craft new content and, perhaps, new applications that you will love from Day 1.

PlayStation.Blog Reader Survey

Please click here to start the survey. You’ll be redirected to another site, but you will *not* be asked *any* personal information (not even an email address), and you will not be spammed, harassed, or made fun of in any way for having too few Trophies. And if you don’t want to answer the questions that don’t have an asterisk next to them (about half), you don’t even have to.

Thanks in advance, and I hope you have a great weekend!

PAGE 1 2 3 7

+ tonydaphony on January 30th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

nicee

+ Dark_Phoenix852 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Thx for listening to us sony! u rock!

+ saintaqua on January 30th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Okay, will do.

+ M4_Psycho on January 30th, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

Glad you listen to us. =)

+ mixedkidbx on January 30th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

took it. really wish you would have asked for our PSN names.

I made a suggestion that you guys should add an active chat area (java application) to the blog where users that are online can go to and chat real time with other users online.

I think that would be really cool to have.

+ lakaiHIGH on January 30th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

always looking forward to new features/expansions here on the blog. people would barely recognize it comparing what we have now compared to when you guys first launched it. i’m proud to say ive been here since day 1 and love everything you guys have done with the place.

peace,
Lh

+ PirateThom on January 30th, 2009 at 3:24 pm said:

Some good questions, especially happy there was at least a question about content from other regions.

Also, Gran Turismo 5 better be out this year or I’ll look stupid, don’t make me look stupid. :P

+ McSpatrick on January 30th, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

Done! Now give me a trophy, or at the very least access to the Killzone 2 demo. K thx bai!

+ freakyzeeky on January 30th, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

The survey wasn’t that hard. And it wasn’t long either… :)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 31st, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

We cut out the essay portion last-minute.

+ BigShynePo on January 30th, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

Great to know you are listening. I liked the question about “games we’re excited for this year”….

Lets make sure GT5 hits in 2009!

+ BahaFS on January 30th, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

Are we supposed to start the survey on question 15? The link takes me to 67% completed for the survey.

+ BahaFS on January 30th, 2009 at 3:29 pm said:

@11: Sorry my mistake, ignore my previous post.

+ Swedgen on January 30th, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

You’re supposed to attach a giveaway/drawing to these surveys! Don’t you know how the interwebz works?

+ Black_Ryuk on January 30th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

Would be nice if you mentioned something for psn account mergers

+ Microshock on January 30th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

I actually think the PS blog is fine, i like the live chat idea someone had, but i fear it’ll just get spammed and trolled…

More videos from you guys would be great, and instead of audio-only podcasts, make it video too

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 31st, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

See, this is why we ask.

+ xKOROSHIYAx on January 30th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

I commented about wanting more interviews with 3rd party developers/publishers. Some of the more obscure games like Valkyria Chronicles always seem to get very little “spotlight time” when compared to 1st party titles. I know this is the PS Blog (so I understand we’re going to see more about 1st party titles), but you guys should encourage more 3rd party guys to come around here more often. John from Capcom is here all the time, I want that from other publishers as well. Any way to convince other company reps to come around here more often?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 31st, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

We actually had Chris from Sega on to talk Valkyria a few times. The door is open to 3rd party devs – some just take advantage of it more than others.

That being said, expect to see some more – we\’ve already had, by my count, 13 3rd party posts this month.

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

nice servey i took itvery nice i would like more beta’s for the ps3 though any if you know any coming soon?

+ GamerMoney on January 30th, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

where’s my survey jeff haha I kid, keep up the good work….off topic, when will there be a playstation meet up?

+ Hpedni on January 30th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Do a podcast! This is not a request, but an order.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on January 31st, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

Where do you usually get most of your podcasts? iTunes? What kind of stuff would you like to hear in a podcast?

+ GamerMoney on January 30th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

whoops i meant survey trophy lol jus made myself look like an idiot lol…oh well

+ starBlinky01 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

nice, taking the survey now. :) :) :)

+ chaosatom on January 30th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

How Deeply will this affect how sony makes decisions?

people just want more marketing, and in-game invites and cross-chats and stuff.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 31st, 2009 at 9:45 am said:

The stuff we asked on the survey, for the most part, were about things that we control on the Social Media team.

That\’s why we didn\’t ask about firmware, specific titles, or what kinds of puppies you like.

+ TerryVSL on January 30th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

I would hate to see a PlayStation.Blog audio program. Those tend to end up focusing too much on the individual personalities and less on raw gaming information.

There is huge amounts of Home updates and content in the pipline but there is no weekly Home update like Store and Video store have.

The poor sods in Europe are getting a lot of their PS3 news from this awesome blog but very often it isn’t clear if things like the EA Sports Complex are just for the US or for Europe too.

The rate this post indicator seems a little pointless. The comments speak for themselves.

Developers need to be required to answer a minimum number of questions in their blog entries instead of just posting an running.

Trophy level next to each person’s name would be a nice and easy way to filter out the Xbox fanboys who troll the blog daily.

Just some stuff off the top of my head. You guys are doing a fantastic job. This blog has been an incredible improvement compared to previous Sony feedback and news.

I would add that when in doubt about something more info is better than silence. Even if you just let everyone know there is no info yet and understand people are anxiously waiting for news on releases or updates.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 31st, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

I agree with pretty much everything you just wrote, Terry.

+ Nsho on January 30th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

ima take it now

+ JordanBlack68 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

I done the survey, I also mentioned SCEE on it. So you know which one is mine :) ;P

Good job Blog

+ KIDamazin on January 30th, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

Done. I’m american but, TELL THE SCEE TO CREATE A BLOG FOR OUR EUROPEAN BRETHREN!!

+ ryuuk on January 30th, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

@JEFF

PLEASE DO PODCAST, THAT WOULD BE SOOOOO AWSOME PLEASE!!!!

+ unit138 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

NP. all dun…
and Yay I can use my PSN ID nao! Wahoo! Finally I can comment again…

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

Cool survey! Hope it helps with making the blog better! :)

+ jipmg on January 30th, 2009 at 3:45 pm said:

Yep just did the survey

+ gold5225 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

Very Nice survey hope it helps you guys here at the blog and all the other guys Over ar SCEA for us providing you with our gaming stats and play times.

+ Ftwrthtx on January 30th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Survey complete. Happy to help, Jeff.

+ inveigle on January 30th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

If you do decide to start a podcast, I’d recommend that you guys look into making the podcast available in iTunes. :)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on January 31st, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

That would be the plan. I am addicted to listening to podcasts on my way to work, so take the survey and tell us what kind of subject matter you\’d like to hear in a podcast!

+ NewYork214 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

yeah podcast

+ PirateThom on January 30th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

Oh yeah, I’d love a podcast, by the way, especially if you can get a new developer every week/two weeks/month just to, more or less, have an extended version of the videos with devs, but maybe more casual, just talking about games, how things are, sports, music, whatever, just entertaining, but also so news in there.

+ srewbacca on January 30th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

Thanks for listening to us. The survey had very good questions imo and I really would like to see an audio podcast in the future!

+ Stoffinator on January 30th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

Took the survey. Looking forward to see the results, that is, if we get to see them. :-p

+ brianR on January 30th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

Happy to help

+ Fersis on January 30th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

Will do.
Glad to help to the blog.

+ nweasel on January 30th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

Officially… this is my first PlayStation.Blog Comment. :] Thanks for the great time Sony! Keep up the great work! :D

+ CitizenInsane27 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

This is a great idea, and my feedback was rather extensive, so I hope that you don’t just search them for keywords, as much as my hopes that you read them are probably unrealistic. Thanks anyways!

PS – to Sony Computer Entertainment in general, take note of the things that we are saying as a community, especially in these surveys and do NOT underestimate the power you have in the market these days. Surveys like this one help to make your brand more accessible and give the dedicated fans like me satisfaction in our supporting of your company. Thanks again.

+ AmericanNinja1 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

To answer one of the questions: YES WE WANT A OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION PODCAST! :D

+ Protohype on January 30th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

I like surveys. Is that weird? Now, where’s my Survey Trophy. >.<

+ Yung_Gunners__ on January 30th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

PSN Podcast!!!

+ TerryVSL on January 30th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

“PLEASE DO PODCAST, THAT WOULD BE SOOOOO AWSOME PLEASE!!!!’

“yeah podcast”

“Oh yeah, I’d love a podcast,”

Oh god…

We already Pulse which is very good.

With the PS2+PS3+PSP+Home+BluRay+PSN Store+PSN Video Store we don’t need Sony wasting time with some stupid podcast.

More news and blog features.

+ Lex_Yayo_407 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

Just keep up the good work Jeff. See you in SFIV for some rematches!

+ hvy20 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

Killzone 2 in 28 days!!

+ skater2 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

I took the survey!

+ Dave18901 on January 30th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

This was a good idea, show you guys pay attention to the community

+ Carl-G on January 30th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

I done it ;) Now where is my Free copy of KillZone 2! ;-D (JOKE) ;)

PAGE 1 2 3 7