PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jan 30, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again! The weekend’s almost here. It’s time for your weekly update of new movie & TV shows on the PlayStation Network.

This week we’ve added the following new HD video content:

HD

• 24 Season 7
  • American Dad Season 4
  • Xam’d: Lost Memories Season 2
  • Girl With a Pearl Earring
  • College Rated & Unrated
  • RocknRolla
  • Pride and Glory
  • Damages Season 2
  • Lair of the White Worm
  • Traitor

And the following feature films:

Movies:

• The Rocker
  • Till Human Voices Wake Us
  • Traitor
  • Uncommon Valor
  • Underworld
  • Zathura

And here’s our new video content from the following television series:

TV

• 24 Season 7
  • American Dad Season 4
  • Xam’d: Lost Memories Season 2
  • Damages Season 2
  • Supernatural Season 4
  • Smallville Season 8

And finally, here are our top 10 HD and non-HD movie and TV downloads for the week:

Top Movies

1. Max Payne (Unrated)
    2. Step Brothers
    3. Eagle Eye
    4. Mirrors (Unrated)
    5. Disaster Movie (Unrated)
    6. Appaloosa
    7. Babylon AD (Uncut)
    8. Pride and Glory
    9. Pineapple Express
    10. RocknRolla

Top HD Movies

1. Eagle Eye
    2. Step Brothers
    3. Appaloosa
    4. Wall-E
    5. The Dark Knight
    6. RocknRolla
    7. Hancock
    8. Disaster Movie (Unrated)
    9. Pride and Glory
    10. Chronicles or Narnia: Prince Caspian

Top TV Episodes

1. Smallville Season 8 “Bulletproof”
    2. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 12:00PM – 1:00PM”
    3. Family Guy Season 7 “The Man With Two Brians”
    4. Smallville Season 8 “Legion”
    5. Family Guy Season 7 “I Dream of Jesus”
    6. Family Guy Season 7 “Road to Germany”
    7. Family Guy Season 7 “Tales of a 3rd Grade Nothing”
    8. Family Guy Season 7 “Baby Not On Board”
    9. Xam’d: Lost Memories Season 2 “Voices From Beyond”
    10. Supernatural Season 4 “Criss Angel Is a Douche Bag”

Top HD TV Episodes

1. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 12:00PM – 1:00PM”
    2. Xam’d: Lost Memories Season 2 “Voices From Beyond”
    3. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 8:00AM – 9:00AM”
    4. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 11:00AM – 12:00PM”
    5. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 10:00AM – 11:00AM”
    6. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 9:00AM – 10:00AM”
    7. The Beast Season 1 “Episode 100 – The Beast Pilot”
    8. Burn Notice Season 2 “Do No Harm”
    9. Sons of Anarchy Season 1 “Giving Back”
    10. The Beast Season 1 “Two Choices”

95 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ btz on January 30th, 2009 at 6:10 am said:

When will the video store come to europe?

+ ross_k on January 30th, 2009 at 6:11 am said:

Looks good when will us in europe be getting the video store?

+ LongTallnUgly on January 30th, 2009 at 6:13 am said:

Why don’t you just put this list in the usa store so the rest of us don’t have to look at it.

+ CheckMark on January 30th, 2009 at 6:20 am said:

Yes! Finally, more Just Shoot Me episodes! I love that show.

+ Raacky on January 30th, 2009 at 6:20 am said:

isnt there a europe site? i mean they never answer you guys!!, oh well at least they know its on demand, hey whatever happened to this deal i heard with blockbuster? also, still want to buy the movie Clue and The Ref.

+ morris1129 on January 30th, 2009 at 6:23 am said:

Add nickelodeon or nick jr channels

+ LpSquall on January 30th, 2009 at 6:31 am said:

Thanks Sony for the update. I am impressed by the amount of content added each week to the video store. I wish I can say the same for the game store.

+ Dark_Phoenix852 on January 30th, 2009 at 6:53 am said:

Woooo! awesome update! imma go download carrie! soooo scary….

+ StalkingSilence on January 30th, 2009 at 6:53 am said:

Been wanting to watch “American Psycho” for a while.

+ SpiritThief on January 30th, 2009 at 7:10 am said:

want these top 10 lists for the game section

+ Ftwrthtx on January 30th, 2009 at 7:15 am said:

Subtitles for PSN movies is a must for me. Will they ever be added?

Thanks for the update

+ Kane22_ on January 30th, 2009 at 7:15 am said:

i love the video service there giving us but it would be cool if they more aqua teen hunger force & futurama. futurama hasn’t been updated since we got the video service & i’m really looking forward to MTV coming next week

+ Ramage on January 30th, 2009 at 7:19 am said:

Even though I only initially tried the service when it was first launched I must say…kudos to you guys working on the video section. The amount of movies/TV shows you add is tremendous and checking these updates every week I find myself wondering why I don’t rent stuff more often.

Then I realized…half of it you can’t rent…plus I don’t really like the idea of paying for something I don’t own so why not buy it? Oh yeah, you don’t offer HD purchase to own options and I’m not going to pay for an SD version of something that probably won’t look too hot on my 62″ 1080p TV. Then there’s the whole ‘you can only download it once’ problem.

Still though, and I mean it, kudos to your progress so far. I can’t wait to see what the store is like come the end of this year.

+ NewYork214 on January 30th, 2009 at 7:26 am said:

i dream of jesus family guy episode is hysterical lol.

so your saying you dont know the word??

+ MeanMrMustard on January 30th, 2009 at 7:26 am said:

more metalocalypse please

+ seamonkey420 on January 30th, 2009 at 7:27 am said:

loving the video updates and all, however i have to ask again.

will there ever be an option to redownload my movies i bought? this is the TRUE PROBLEM W/DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION: you delete it and you may not get it back.

+ arabek on January 30th, 2009 at 7:30 am said:

Reading about the video store conntent updates on this blogs makes me really angry!

Why? Well, no access from my location.

A question to SONY representatives: when will you bring the VIDEO Store to all European countries? What’s stopping you from doing it?

+ CapinChronic on January 30th, 2009 at 7:42 am said:

When is the video store coming to Canada???? I WANT IT BAD!!!!!!!! please

+ Juben on January 30th, 2009 at 7:53 am said:

@3 LongTallnUgly
think you forget where you are blog.us.playstation.com

Most of the questions from Europeans will be answered by SCEE. Not SCEA getting in contact with your local Sony folks not ours. Like me going to Nissan asking about my BMW. I’m still curious how playTV is working and when will the USA get it.

Can you add some more educational stuff? Would love to see Battle 360 from the history channel on there. More WWII videos and so on would be great as well

+ RONIN342 on January 30th, 2009 at 7:55 am said:

Again…no Hulk VS. in the US store. I think the Making of videos should have been held off until after the movie was in the store. Releasing them without the actual movie in the store is a bit odd. They both state the movie is available “NOW” in the Playstation Network Store but they are missing. I work at home, so I don’t get to out enough to go shop for it. I guess I’ll have to order it from netflix or download it off iTunes (I so dislike iTunes). Ah well. Anyway, keep the updates coming. They’re usually really good!

+ darryl on January 30th, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

Any word on when we can expect this service in Canada? Or will you continue to ignore us? :(

+ LongTallnUgly on January 30th, 2009 at 8:06 am said:

@juben

+ LongTallnUgly on January 30th, 2009 at 8:08 am said:

@juben
I live in north america not europe

+ jayyy91 on January 30th, 2009 at 8:11 am said:

Please bring this to Canada!!

+ designeric on January 30th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

I would love to see G4′s Code Monkeys hit the PSN shelves. I would buy every episode!

+ Ramage on January 30th, 2009 at 8:39 am said:

I see people complaining about lack of a video store in europe…but I don’t see nearly as many people complaining about people in the US not getting playTV.

Granted from what little information I know playTV isn’t really do-able here in the US because europe has some kind of crazy internet TV channel thing for some places. Someone explain this to me.

+ brad450 on January 30th, 2009 at 8:44 am said:

when is this coming to CANADA i know our DRM is non existant but MS does it CMON SONY STOP [DELETED] ON US. we dont even have PSN cards in my area or they new keypad that came out a couple months ago.or the AC charger and in Quebec you cant find a game in french. sony what gives? I DEMAND A REPLY

ps hey grace

+ TheKonspiracy98 on January 30th, 2009 at 8:45 am said:

@juben.
the European guys are asking here if SCEA know anything about a European plan, that’s because the Europeans have no way to talk with SONY representatives AT ALL. There’s no blog like this one for Europe, and there are no staff members apart from community leaders on the official eu forums. So the only way that they can even talk to some people at sony are through SCEA.

+ brad450 on January 30th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

when canada? we want it too ohh and canadian bacon should be added HEHEHEHEHEHE

+ LexDiamond79 on January 30th, 2009 at 8:49 am said:

PLEASE SONY THE UNIVERSE… more THE UNIVERSE!!

+ big_hawk97 on January 30th, 2009 at 8:50 am said:

FYI: All the seasons of Sealab 2021 are online and have been for at least 2 weeks. Now how bout some Brak or Harvey Birdman!

+ Madness3120 on January 30th, 2009 at 8:52 am said:

WHERES SAW 5??????????????

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on January 30th, 2009 at 8:57 am said:

When is this coming to CANADA? We have FREE TRADE with AMERICA so when? Need a Real Update on that issue. Also any info on the Canadian PSN CARDS? When, where, what denominations? Come on getting desperately feeling like we are getting left out.
Come on Grace, you’re an informed person, we know you’re “In the Loop”. So hook up your neighbors to the North. I for one would welcome a video store here in Canada with open arms. I would be renting every day and would definitely buy the Close Encounters of the Third Kind special edition(if it’s on the store and if it’s not, it should be).

Please Grace…

+ Vengeful-Chaos on January 30th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

more downloads + all movies @ 9.99 price point please :).

+ HanSolo on January 30th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

will the video content be available in canada before the ps4 is out or what?

+ loadstone007 on January 30th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

Joing the first comment…
When will we see this in Europe? WHEN??? *weeping*

+ NEJI64 on January 30th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

how come we don’t Universal Studio are they tied up with microsoft. if so then Sony make sure that no Columbia movies go on netflix/360

+ darkwonders on January 30th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

To those Europeans who are complaining here… last time I checked… the blog address was blog.US.playstation.com

this isn’t the European blog :p

Complain the SCEE not to SCEA….

+ Mike_Feith on January 30th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

For the people saying they don’t own the movies, you do own them you just cant re download them, not sure why you would want to delete them in the first place. You do know that when you use the PlayStation backup utility it also backs those movies up as well, but the backup file can only be read by PlayStation and not windows, and the movies in the backup file will only work on YOUR PlayStation. Seems the only people complaining are the ones that what to bootleg or video share.

+ EVanHelsing on January 30th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

Since you don’t offer video services to Canadians, can you at least fix the browser that that us Canadians can use CTV’s streaming services on the PS3? It just sits there with the buffering icons spinning.

+ Darnell0216 on January 30th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

@39 You half answered your own question. When we buy “games”, we’re allowed to re-download them as much as we want. With movies, you get one chance and one chance only. If your PS3 fails, HDD fails, or if the movie even corrupts during download you’re screwed. That is the problem people have been complaining about on the forums if you’ve been following the issue. Those who’ve had their PS3 serviced and gotten a “different” PS3 back also face the problem because it’s not “the original system” and Sony will not reset the downloads for them.

+ Darnell0216 on January 30th, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

Sorry previous post was @40, not @39. We need a 60 second edit rule or something.

+ saintfighteraqua on January 30th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Can you guys fix the thing where you can’t re download videos?
I had to reformat and lost all my videos, and I’m not able to get them without rebuying.

+ saintfighteraqua on January 30th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

I refuse to buy any more video content until the stupid one dl no matter what rule is changed. I lost too much money when I reformatted.
Sony was willing to fix the problem, but the guys I talked to couldn’t authorize it. they were nice enough, but could do nothing over the weekend.

+ KSPRAYDAD on January 30th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

@33 The Free Trade Agreement does NOT cover culture which is what movies and music fall under…

@27…you DO know that QUEBEC is the major issue with having to force ‘Canadian’ content onto digitial distribution of movies and music right?

Grace…still ZERO acknowledgement of the re-download issue…Can’t spend this kind of money on content that I can’t protect into the future and thus once again…

1/5

+ filthyvillain on January 30th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

Why can’t we have The Rocker as an HD rental? This actually prevented me from downloading it off of the store last night instead of going to Blockbuster.

+ GamerMoney on January 30th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

To all the people asking about the redownload thing for movies….I think they are just trying to keep people from sharing movies…which is understandable. What I would do is register the psn id to the ip address

Now onto the video service…I only rent HD movied and there are quite a few…I do wish there were more movies sold in HD other than Dead space: Downfall….didn’t see Hulk vs on there…would love to rent it to decide if I want to add it to my blu ray collection

+ LUTOADLEE on January 30th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

nice update.
would like to see Nick added to the store.

+ KBG29 on January 30th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

Alright Sony. Another great week for content, but we still have the same lingering issues.

-The current DRM systems is unacceptable, and is never going to allow the store to reach the potential it is capable of. We need the same DRM from the game side applied to the movie side. Like I have said the last 2 months, make it hppen with Sony Pictures content. Other studios will follow when they see the rediculous amount SPE is making.

-SD, and HDTV shows are to much. I can get a Blu-ray set for cheaper than buying HD from the store.

-TV shows need package deal, and a subscription option.

-Why can I not rent the rest of the Saw movies? I am getting tiered of seeing a movie, and then relizing I have to pay 14.99 to see it. Let us rent any movie on the store.

-Get this store out in other regions besides the US and Japan. Sony does not have time to continue to lag behind the competition.

Come together, and Sony will have no rivals.

+ cizot67 on January 30th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

Where’s House M.D. from FOX???????????

PAGE 1 2