PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Resident Evil 5 demo live on PSN today

Shawn Baxter's Avatar + Posted by Shawn Baxter on Feb 02, 2009 // Capcom

Hey everyone, I’m Shawn Baxter (Snow) from Capcom-Unity. Our amazing Resident Evil 5 Demo goes live today on PSN, so I thought I’d tease you a bit with some of the cool things to expect, whether you’re an old fan or new to the series. One of the first things I noticed is how good the game looks. It’s hard to get by the beauty RE5 has to offer. Better still, you get to play through two beautiful stages in the demo. Aside from the sweet graphics, there’s plenty more that the demo has to offer.

shot0080-00000

For those new to the series, the controls can seem a bit different than you may expect. The RE brand has always forced you to take your time, stop while shooting, and conserve your ammo. It really helps add a sense of tension a normal shooter can’t offer. But to help those who are new to the world of RE, we have new control types that ease things up a bit. My favorite is Type A, which is probably best if you’re a fan of the previous games, especially RE4. Next on my list is Type D, which I find myself loving more and more. Type D is best if you’re new to the game, and it offers something the others don’t… Strafing! May seem like a simple thing, but in a game as tense as RE5, it can really help in those situations where you have little time to react.

Alright, so I’m sure you’ll love the graphics and controls, but there’s something even better that the Resident Evil 5 demo has to offer: Co-op. Best part is, you can play co-op online over the PSN, or even split-screen for some couch co-op. Now, of course you can play single player, but nothing beats actually playing through with someone who can plan and strategize with you. For an RE game, the fact that I can play with a buddy adds a whole new level of fun. Nothing like getting into a swarm of Majini, and having your partner shoot a few in the face so you can uppercut or flip-kick one of them!

sheva0073-00000 for_gd0041_2-00000

Once you’ve played through the demo, you may want to try taking on the Executioner (huge axe-guy) with a buddy. The first time you play through the demo, run! He is extremely tough. But once you get comfortable with the game and controls, try and bring him down. I’ve tried, and he is extremely hard, but it is indeed possible to kill him, so don’t give up.

Oh, and a quick tip I’ve found is to aim for the heads on the Majini so they stagger back. Chest shots work, but one shot to the head means only one bullet expended, then push Square to pull off one of the crazy powerful melee attacks. If you get them to fall on the ground, run up to him and stomp ‘em with your boot or stab with the knife if you’re playing as Sheva!

February 2nd is just around the corner, so add me to your friends list, and I’ll catch you online for some co-op Majini butt-kickin’! PSN ID: Snow_Infernus

See you online!

PAGE 1 10 11 12

+ Mickeymac93 on February 6th, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

Alright, I finally played Shanty Town in co-op, both online and off, and now I am officially stoked for this game! I’ll admit, I expected this to be just plain bad, and my initial playthrough almost confirmed that. But, after giving it a little more time to get used to the controls, it was actually the most fun I’ve had in a long time! Definitely can’t wait to play the full version!

+ GRIGOREXCORE on February 6th, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

Can you make Sheva switch from the Right Side to the left?

+ acmilanboy on February 7th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

I just hope you guys can improve the frame-rate, especially during splitscreen.

+ mosesislegend on February 7th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

I LOVE this demo, i;ma LoOVE the game more, the controls fit the speed of the game perfect, and i did take the executioner, 3 times now awesome AWESOME game!!!!

+ mdaxis on February 7th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Man I have to say the demo is just way to slow. I sat down and just go so tired of the fact that you couldn’t do anything without stopping and taking a moment to watch the sky before reloading, at which point you died by the time you loaded the 2nd shell for the shotgun. The zombies moved fast enough but the you didn’t running was the standard walk speed. So I think they better fix that or no one I know will even touch it after the demo.

+ The007Bandit on February 7th, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

Honestly, i thought the executioner was very easy to kill…just dodge the axe and shoot him in the face with the shotgun, occasionally blowing up a barrel with him near it

+ spleendingo on February 7th, 2009 at 8:46 pm said:

I love the demo man! LOVE IT! I’m not sure what people expect from an RE game, but if they want “run and gun”….buy a frikking run and gun game. I personally like the controls. Nice job guys! This, plus KZ2 made my week! :)

+ Gao_Kai on February 8th, 2009 at 12:13 am said:

This demo is awesome, and REALLY influenced my decision in buying this game.

+ FrozoneUSMC on February 8th, 2009 at 12:58 am said:

I have been a Resident Evil fan for a long time, from PSOne through Movies, and til now. RE5 is………amazing. The graphics, physics, I just love the demo. I can’t wait for the final product.

+ hyperslug on February 8th, 2009 at 5:47 am said:

WE WANT TO WALK AND SHOOT!

+ AJstudio on February 8th, 2009 at 7:05 am said:

well
the demo is great,controls OK

+ cepwin on February 8th, 2009 at 8:06 am said:

I enjoyed the demo…great graphics and action. I also thought the Sheva AI did a reasonably good job. Personally I didn’t have an issue with the controls. BTW…I’ve heard podcasters who have seen review copies and they’re saying that the demo doesn’t do the game justice as it only shows the fighting aspect of it. (Not to mention this is *old* code.)

+ sNsKid on February 8th, 2009 at 9:00 am said:

Friday my brother and I were playing co-op and we finally killed the Executioner. :]

+ joebuzz on February 8th, 2009 at 9:53 am said:

I love every part of it… except you switched the Square and the X buttons around on the Type A controls, but I’ve gotten used to it, so it’s not a problem anymore.

Also for the Exacutioner I just go up that ladder that is practically hidden to get on top of the first building you’re in and snipe him while my partner keeps the area clear, when I’m out of ammo we run down and use the environment to blow him up and use action attacks.

+ Ca5torTr0y on February 8th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

played through the demo again, and it’s just fantastic. was such a small taste, though, i popped in RE4 and started another play-through on that (which looks great with upconvert and smoothing on. most games don’t improve much with smoothing, but RE4 does). very excited for RE5 since it seems to be enough of a new beast to call it something totally new, but at the same time bringing all the greatness that it can from RE4 right along with it.

+ tbisley on February 8th, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

Very dissapointed with the demo. The complete lack of effort in updating the controls, enemy A.I. and Ally/Enemy Animations is appaling!

The graphics are nice, however that doesn’t make up for the above.

VERY dissapointed!

+ DarkTooth on February 8th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

Great demo for whats going to be an awesome game, and there’s even a few things hidden in it, idk what it is but it was cool finding it. I’m going to be playing this demo till the game comes out! lol

+ mhlin26 on February 8th, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

I just played the game and agree with some posting regarding not being able to move when using weapons. don’t make sense.

+ PugboyNY on February 8th, 2009 at 9:05 pm said:

While I personally prefer the PS3 in general, and think it’s a better console than the Xbox 360, I am sad to say that RE5 looks MUCH better on the 360, especially the colors. The colors are totally off on the PS3 version, and it’s locked at 720p vs. 1080p for the 360. I don’t know why. I can only guess that because the 360 is easier to program for. Developers rush multi-platform games to market like RE5. I also saw that RE5 was pushed back about 6 weeks PLUS there is no “install” requirement on the 360 and it’s only 1 DVD. Once again the PS3 get’s screwed by Capcom. I think I will just keep my money and stick to Dead Space and FEAR 2.

+ ringaling on February 9th, 2009 at 8:12 am said:

The controls worked well for me except that the ‘pick up’ button is the same as the ‘action’ button. When I run forward to kick a guy, I pick up stuff instead!! I hope you guys can change it.

But all in all, great game, great demo. I’ve replayed it more than 10 times for each map already. Can’t wait for the release!! :)

+ jchavezh on February 9th, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

Hey, hello from Venezuela, sout-america, we re playing the demo and is freaking good!!! the co-op mode on-line really rocks, I canĀ“t wait to have the full version. I have a question for the capcom crew the game will be multi-region, I will can play the region 1 game on my PS3 region 4 (mexican version)? greetings from an half-latino pro gamer!!!

+ War_Time on February 10th, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

I cant wait to play this demo.

+ nico2409 on February 10th, 2009 at 11:00 pm said:

Played the demo 421 times and it is still not boring *lol* because online coop is fantastic and makes fun!

+ utnil on February 11th, 2009 at 7:29 am said:

I’ve been a huge fan of the Resident Evil games since I played the first game on the PS1, so I was looking forward to play the demo and check this one out before I ordered the game. Its a good thing I did because now I probably wont buy this… unless they fix the framerate issue, its unplayable. Of course its a demo so we might get lucky.. but the way Capcom have treated PS3 owners lately, i doubt it.

+ indigodomino on February 11th, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

does anyone know if the game will be region cross-compatible? I mean, will I be able to play in co-op with someone with a Japanese version of the game if I own a USA version of the game??

+ dhldh on February 11th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

I can’t find the demo anywhere, please help!

+ lord_ofwar17 on February 11th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

ps3 is powerful but so is the xbox, it may have the cell processor but has a weak gpu. While the xbox has a weak yet more easy to program cpu its gpu is super strong.

+ Chuck_Norris_CNC on February 14th, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

I can’t find the demo!!!! Where is it?

+ sorceress77 on February 16th, 2009 at 10:01 pm said:

Ummmm i have been trying to find the RE5 demo download on my psn and i cant find it???? any suggestions??

thanks heaps been hanging to give this a go and it seems other ppl have been able to find and download the demo but i cant find it on the psn :(

Any help would be appreciated.

+ psyXcho on February 19th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

2 things.

One the controls suck. I don’t remember RE4 being this bad but then again I’ve been playing it on Wii forever now.

I hate the fact you now have to protect someone who does nothing but get in the way. Now co-op with a human may be different but single player sucks. This goes for both the 360 and PS3 versions.

For the first time I’d say the demo has turned my purchase into a rental. Swing and a miss Capcom….Swing and a miss…

+ TOTTI0783 on February 20th, 2009 at 5:18 am said:

erm i can not find the re5 demo in the playstation store am i doing something wrong i am dying to play it !!? any help ?

+ LyrenoOrfeu on February 22nd, 2009 at 11:56 am said:

Hey where can i download this demo??? I can`t find it!! I tried on playstation store but it does not apear. What can i do??!! Please help me!!!

+ LyrenoOrfeu on February 22nd, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

Hey TOTTI0783 did you find it?? Please tell me how I want to play it too!!!

+ TOTTI0783 on February 23rd, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

no i have looked every day at least 4 times hopeing and i cant find it !!!!! it is so annoying how come others have it and we cant even find it???? aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrg

+ LyrenoOrfeu on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

TOTTI0783!!! I know how!!! I played it yesterday!!! Follow this link where it says how to download it! Try it!!
I hope it helps you

+ LyrenoOrfeu on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

It is in spanish though, i hope you understand it

+ TOTTI0783 on February 27th, 2009 at 3:28 am said:

no spanish but who cares just wanna play it nice one , thankyou

+ TOTTI0783 on February 27th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

i tried to find it but i could not download it i suppose i will have to wait till 13th of march , gutted

+ cme550 on March 1st, 2009 at 2:13 pm said:

I’m a little upset that it’s off the website already as well. It’s weird that it was only on the site for less than a month. Sad for us who can’t get online every day to check if there is a demo.

PAGE 1 10 11 12