PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Download the Resistance 2 Cover of Your Choice

Bryan Intihar's Avatar + Posted by Bryan Intihar on Feb 04, 2009 // Community Manager, Insomniac Games

At the end of last summer we asked you, the fans, to vote on the cover image for the Resistance 2 collector’s edition. After an overwhelming number of responses, one came out victorious. Now say your favorite didn’t get picked, or maybe you feel like your copy of Resistance 2 is in need of a wardrobe change—we got you… well, covered! (Pun most definitely intended.)

Resistance 2 Cover 1

Resistance 2 Cover 2

Resistance 2 Cover 3 Final

Starting today, you can now download all three R2 cover options from the PlayStation Blog. It’s easy: Simply click on the cover of your liking, download the high-res image (click on “All Sizes” above the pic, and then select “Original” size), find yourself a quality color printer, and PRESTO CHANGO—you have a new R2 cover!

That’s it for now, but like always, keep checking back to the PlayStation.Blog and MyResistance.net for future R2 updates.

+ TheHakku on February 4th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

They all still say “Voice Chat” twice in the features up top on the back, haha. Double the voice chat!

+ McKeyDee on February 4th, 2009 at 6:42 pm said:

I wish I had a high quality printer! These covers look amazing.

+ Ehahneli-13 on February 4th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

I’m good with the cover I have, Collectors Edition, but I think this is pretty cool that you guys are providing high quality files for people that want a different cover.

+ RandomAli on February 4th, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

AWSOME!
Thanks!

I like the 2nd one best.

Can we get a R&C version of this post please?

*two thumbs up*

+ Chowbacca on February 4th, 2009 at 7:24 pm said:

this is cool. more games should have this option. nhl09 for example, phaneuf? boo :P

+ ThAGRiZZ45 on February 4th, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

Lost my case and was looking for a site to find covers forever but this is definitely alot easier. lol thx!

+ unit138 on February 4th, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

Freakin Sweet!

Loved the game a lot, but when Killzone 2 comes out, Im locking myself in my room!

+ Kittonwy on February 4th, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

The post release support is good, glad you guys fixed the stalker lack of movement in co-op.

+ Enigma777 on February 4th, 2009 at 8:05 pm said:

w00t! This is awesome! I hope you do this for other games as well!!!!!

+ PullusPardusUS on February 4th, 2009 at 8:13 pm said:

the limited addition is my fav , Black with logo on it and then inside is the second pic =]

+ cb_32 on February 4th, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

Cool, can us the Canadians have printable PSN cards so we can buy things on the PSN?

Thanks.

+ Mr_MichaelAUS on February 4th, 2009 at 8:57 pm said:

I bought the regular edition in Australia (not even sure if there was a special one) and it is the front of cover 2 with a completely different back and a whole bunch of Australian classification logos (eyesores) on it.

+ WackyWeedCreed on February 4th, 2009 at 9:21 pm said:

I wish the game was released with number 2!

ANYONE KNOW IF THE KILLZONE 2 DEMO WILL BE RELEASED MIDNIGHT?!

+ BigPoppaB on February 4th, 2009 at 9:28 pm said:

i appreciate the gesture, but thats a waste of ink.. even if i did fancy #2 the most.

+ Korbei83 on February 4th, 2009 at 9:43 pm said:

PDF? CMYK? Embedded fonts? That would be so much better.

+ IIIKAGEIII on February 4th, 2009 at 9:44 pm said:

damn you sony!! making fun at us because we can’t pirate your games *shake fists*
at least i can ‘steal’ the killzone 2 demo tonight. btw i have like 35 games (17 bluray) so don’t hate on me.

+ Seraphim on February 4th, 2009 at 9:45 pm said:

Pretty Sweet fan service. Though I am happy w/ the LE cover that came packed w/ my game… But it’s a good thing my fiances dad owns a print shop. Going to hit him up for a copy of the other two. ;)

+ funtownarcade on February 4th, 2009 at 9:52 pm said:

Nice Bryan! I like the middle one the best, and voted for it, totally printing it out, thanks dude.

+ icat_nl on February 4th, 2009 at 10:28 pm said:

whats the point in having multyple covers to printout?? tbh the boxart isnt mportant the game is.

+ evildude683 on February 4th, 2009 at 11:03 pm said:

OMG!!!!
#2 all the way!!!

+ MegadethAndy on February 4th, 2009 at 11:16 pm said:

What a great idea, thanks a lot!
Would love to see more game covers.

+ akabaloo on February 5th, 2009 at 12:47 am said:

I’m downloading this and putting it on my FIFA case! I’m tired of looking at Ronaldinho’s ugly mug all the time

+ Fantatier on February 5th, 2009 at 12:56 am said:

sweet, more devs should do this :D

+ muzzar69 on February 5th, 2009 at 2:50 am said:

i appreciate the effort put into this.
but insomniac i think its more important you fix the bugs in the game first.
last night i was playing co-op, and 3 times i was half way through and just lost connection with server still signed into my psn account. thats happened to me like 30 times since release.
again last night i was playing co-op holar tower the last titan battle the titan got stuck between the roof so i couldent kill him.
some times he would go through the roof so you cant shoot him at all.
and espeshialy in orrik enemies die but there still on screen,
the part where you have to activate 2 switches 2 get to the stalker, alot of the time there will be like 10 enemies frozen there you cant kill them and the switches wont work.
i wouldent care if it was rare but these things are happening to me EVERY NIGHT.
i think fixing these extremly annoying bugs is more important than having different game covers dont you think ted price??

+ NOTTULYS on February 5th, 2009 at 3:39 am said:

If I had the game, I’d print out the 2nd one.

+ Ves on February 5th, 2009 at 3:45 am said:

Nice initiative it keeps everybody sort of happy.

+ nemo20000 on February 5th, 2009 at 3:50 am said:

Such a great idea.

+ GarthVaderson on February 5th, 2009 at 4:04 am said:

@50

Same here. I can’t figure it out. I’ve tried everything.

+ SwampThing71 on February 5th, 2009 at 4:07 am said:

#2 for me thanks guys.

+ FE_RR on February 5th, 2009 at 4:21 am said:

cool stuff!!!…but i don´t know how to print it :P, i will investigate, it should be more of this stuff in the blog, minimus things that make you a great smile

i have the special edition y think i will print the 3rd one and use put it in the wall

+ Dandonian on February 5th, 2009 at 4:30 am said:

I just wanted to say that I think this is a really nice touch, if I had a printer I would be using this right now. I love these type of after market extras and would like to see more of them.

+ Korbei83 on February 5th, 2009 at 5:50 am said:

Anyone curious about how to make the most of these if you don’t have a photo printer or a good colour laser available to you:

Click the image and follow the link to flickr. To the top left of the image click on “all image sizes”. Choose Original 5100 x 3300.

If you have photoshop, follow the next step, otherwise just skip it to the last step: Open the image in photoshop, go to Image > Mode > CMYK. Then go to save as.. In the save window, unclick the ICC profile if it’s clicked. Save the file as a TIFF with compression set to NONE.

Finally, take the file to a local digital print shop or stationary store; Kinkos, Staples, Business Depot.. whatever. Have them print it on gloss card stock. One off should be fine, but at like a buck or so a copy (if that) maybe a couple copies wouldnt hurt. Cut the cover out with a fresh edged razor blade and a ruler following the trim marks. Put the cut out cover in the case and let the case fold it as you close it.

Done.

+ VictorWYC on February 5th, 2009 at 6:23 am said:

custom cover FTW!

+ Raacky on February 5th, 2009 at 6:23 am said:

yeah this is pretty sweet, 2nd pic is the best one, what kind of paper should we use? i am pretty much dumbfounded when it comes to printer/paper =\

+ DonnyG on February 5th, 2009 at 6:24 am said:

neato

+ GGCAN on February 5th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

Very nice idea.

Thanks Bryan.

+ ADR143 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

i love the 2nd one but its on special edition.

the 1st one is great

+ manguz2000 on February 5th, 2009 at 7:20 am said:

Anyone have any ideas on how to print these out.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on February 5th, 2009 at 7:23 am said:

Great, thanx :)

+ lakaiHIGH on February 5th, 2009 at 7:46 am said:

im very pleased with my CE cover, though this is really nice of you guys who didn’t buy it. hey atleast they can pretend ;)

cheers,
Lh

+ Modster79 on February 5th, 2009 at 7:52 am said:

sweet

i’m from the UK so i’ve got the coverin the middle which i think looks the coolest anyways :p

the last one looks awesome though…i’ll need some good quality paper now lol

thanks Brian

+ Nathan Hale on February 5th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

@50 Rinder and @78

Follow the instruction above. Then click the original size then download it. Once download is complete then open it with photo editor (I used old Microsoft Picture It! Photo 7.0 btw) Go to print and in set up make sure to select page size as “Exact Size” and fit within area (to prevent print out of page) Don’t mess with the unit measurement unless you are mathematic major. Then print it and you got yourself nice new cover.

+ Gr00v3r06 on February 5th, 2009 at 9:25 am said:

Cool, I like mine already but it is nice to have the choice.

+ bstrider on February 5th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

Hey just wondering what’s the actual paper that we should use to be the EXACT finish as an original game :)

Thanks in advance guys.

+ Serpent541 on February 5th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

I already have the best one since i got the collectors edition version and it has the 2nd cover.

+ poodude on February 5th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

aww i was happy because i was one of the few that had the collectors cover… now it doesn’t feel special oh well the game rocks!

+ KileyJ on February 5th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

I’ve always wanted the second cover, the only thing is i cant get the original size to print out right WTF!?!?

+ Angdogg on February 5th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

This Is A Cool Concept.

I Think it would be a really cool addition to the site if you guys added Multi-Downloadable covers for SONY games.

Have them in a List and give a couple “different” ones.

That would be a different, but awesome change.

Thanks SONY!

=D

+ mdz24cavalier on February 6th, 2009 at 8:00 am said:

Thank you so much for fixing the scale of the pictures!!!!!!

+ mdz24cavalier on February 6th, 2009 at 8:08 am said:

Is there any way you could put up the other regions as well?