PS4-Watch_Dogs

LittleBigPlanet Valentines Pack

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Feb 04, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Yes, it’s that time of year again, Valentines Day. Whether you love it or loathe it, everyone can relate to the typical candies, flowers and cards that get’s passed around year after year, after year… what’s the fun in that?

Our solution, celebrate your holiday this year with the free LittleBigPlanet Valentines Day Theme pack! In addition to our McLovin SackBoy costume, the theme pack comes equipped with a full array of stickers and decorations that will surely inspire some wild and crazy creations. So go on, create that ultimate Valentines Day level or object for your chosen SackBoy or SackGirl, and be sure to also show it off on the LittleBigWorkshop.

LBP Valentines Day

And just a friendly reminder, if you haven’t done so already, be sure to download the Groundhog Day costume from the PS Store today as this may be your only chance before it’s gone forever.

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

+ wocyob on February 4th, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

wow MM is awesome with the sooo much free DLC… keep it coming!!!

+ Trucidation on February 4th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

Sxy bb!

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on February 4th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

@ MM

PLEASE ADD XMB MUSIC ACCESS WHILE PLAYING! I need a change of music after playing the game for countless hours.

LN

+ xXCrazyFishXx on February 4th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

FREE! Its the best kind of price there is.

You guys have any news on when the Killzone 2 costumes are coming out? Will there be anything more than costumes? (Like the MGS Pack)

+ El_Matador1957 on February 4th, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

yeah 1111111111111111111111111111

+ Don-Pinguino on February 4th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

wheres my sackboy avatar!?

dont let me keep using this grey face for the rest of 09 :(

+ yosoylindo445 on February 4th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

nice picture….

+ yosoylindo445 on February 4th, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

when psn is going to be working on PSN AVATAR when ?

+ gema11981 on February 4th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

Thank You !! I love LBP !! I have all the downloadable content !!

+ Dehshizknight on February 4th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

Heck yes! I love LittleBigPlanet content. Keep up the great work!

+ ZachOwns on February 4th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

Haha awesome! i love getting new costumes, its like being 2 again and getting loads of cuddly toys :P

+ Letters2Kay on February 4th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

For those already searching it, this VD pack will come out Thursday!

@ RGS-14

Thanks for that link. Interesting, if true. I’d LOVE to see it, personally. I figured you’d seen or read the LBPlanetoid DLC “wishlist” – or even had seen it reposted as fact.

I guess I just see Disney as way too cautious with their IP (and not at all hurting for $, either) to get involved with LBP and, slightly indirectly, Sony. But hey, if Square won them over, why not MM? Could happen…

@ Newtweb

“NEED KILLZONE 2 COSTUME!”

“AND LAUNCH GOD OF WAR KIT’s without level’s pack… miss a point..”

Killzone 2 LBP stuff WILL be out either the week before or the week of the K2 release. It’s coming, for sure.

I don’t understand what the rest means- the GoW pack is available exactly as it was to preorder customers. There’s a costume pack with 3 outfits and a sticker pack with… stickers. It was originally called a “level pack” (before the MGS pack released) presumably since it gave you things to use to craft a GoW level, however they’ve since changed the name to “mini-pack” which is more accurate. There’s no GoW stuff available that you can’t get in the store.

+ VincentVendetta on February 4th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

It’s great, but… really? McLovin Sackboy? Because when I think about McLovin, I think about, well…

+ easyaspie00 on February 4th, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

Nice! To bad we didn’t get to see a groundhog’s day costume though :(

But hey, this is cool! Thanks for the continuous support MM!

+ SpyDudeFX on February 4th, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

The pack is out tomorrow 2/5 and I thought it was suppose to be $2.99?

#5, Ape Escape and Toro are officially released next Thursday 2/12.

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

what kind of clothing will there be like legs/chest/skin etc.

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

@62 its the kratos costumes

+ lando786 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

This is the reason I won’t sell or trade away LBP there is always new stuff coming. I cant wait for the online creator (if rumors are true?). I also read that there would be an option to add pictures to a level from the hard drive and not from the camera? By the way whats the link to media molecule’s blog if any. Thanks~!!!

+ NewYork214 on February 4th, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

valentines is my bday also so do i get a birthday hat lol. jp. but that would be cool

+ Zhi13 on February 4th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

Wooo LBP DLC! Me like lol
Can’t wait for the killzone costumes when they come out….

+ Thrasher20 on February 4th, 2009 at 6:05 pm said:

Free! Yes! I’m getting this one folks!

+ bayouboyz on February 4th, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

When is the update that lets you import pictures off you hard drive into little big planet come out?

+ lakaiHIGH on February 4th, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

i was hoping/expecting this! thank you for this.

peace,
Lh

+ EyeAmmMcLovin on February 4th, 2009 at 7:21 pm said:

I love all of the free stuff! Now seriously Sony…WHERE THE FREAK IS THE RATCHET COSTUME!?!?!?!?!

+ ThAGRiZZ45 on February 4th, 2009 at 7:22 pm said:

Love it. Not diggin the glasses too much but I’ll go with the rose. lol

I absolutely love LBP.

+ Swedgen on February 4th, 2009 at 7:28 pm said:

My weekly LBP post response: My progress on the MGS level pack still won’t save.

+ Kittonwy on February 4th, 2009 at 7:54 pm said:

Downloading this day 1. Got my Play trophy yesterday. >:|

+ jipmg on February 4th, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

Im getting it for sure, LBP is awsome

+ jazzyrider on February 4th, 2009 at 8:05 pm said:

thanks MM & Sony!

can we expect any new level packs from MM? Not that I don’t mind levels from users but would love to see new themed levels from Sony exclusives like Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, or whatever.

+ Kash76 on February 4th, 2009 at 8:45 pm said:

too cool! keep it coming

+ Letters2Kay on February 4th, 2009 at 8:52 pm said:

@ Mark Valledor replied

“The Xmas pack as only $2.99, wasn’t it?”

You may be right, but either way it felt like it was a little on the expensive side. Maybe $1.99 would’ve been better considering you only got one costume piece, a useless material (unless you’re making Xmas presents, of course), and a few useable lights. The MGS pack was ABSOLUTELY worth the $6, no question. Anyway, the Xmas pack was the only DLC I’ve felt a little uneasy about having paid for- but since I still would’ve ponied up the $3 for this VD pack, I feel like I can let that go. It doesn’t really bother me after this- it almost feels like someone is paying me back! :)

+ foodude on February 4th, 2009 at 9:11 pm said:

hey there,

writing from singapore and was looking fwd to dloading the new FREE LBP content. unfortunately its NOT FREE over here and we have to pay at least US$3.30 for the Valentine’s Pack. What’s up with that??

+ BigPoppaB on February 4th, 2009 at 9:35 pm said:

im glad this is a freebie… but honestly, why are premium costumes $2.. they should be .99 tops.

Also, isnt a costume for Motorstorm or Resistance basically just advertising anyways.

I complain about petty things, but i love this game soo much.

+ icat_nl on February 4th, 2009 at 10:29 pm said:

nice more free costumes, and still no patch.

+ foolio_67 on February 4th, 2009 at 10:35 pm said:

That is a seductive Sac Boy!

+ TNTbkNY on February 4th, 2009 at 11:22 pm said:

its funny how so many comments are asking if this is free lol…glad i leared how to read…………..???……

+ Kenshin71 on February 5th, 2009 at 12:04 am said:

Thanks for the DLC. Any chance of getting some more musical tracks for the game? I’m surprised Sony and MM haven’t taken advantage of this potential cash cow. Some cool electronic tracks or dub would go well with LBP.

+ usjvc on February 5th, 2009 at 12:27 am said:

LittleBigPlanet is Dead…..haven’t played it for over a month now..it was fun for few hours, just the time to complete the story mode and try out some 30 of the best online levels…..I regret wasting my money for this game.

+ acmilanboy on February 5th, 2009 at 1:24 am said:

lol! Awesome stuff!

+ acmilanboy on February 5th, 2009 at 1:27 am said:

in-game XMB music plz!!

+ Sekoku on February 5th, 2009 at 1:28 am said:

Wow this is free? Compared to the Christmas pack that was pay for? Color me shocked. I was on the fence on wither or not to drop the money on this, but if it’s free you can consider it yoinked as soon as it’s up on the PSN store.

I love the glasses and rose in the mouth of the sackboy. That’ll make for some good costume ideas. :D

+ StalkingSilence on February 5th, 2009 at 3:38 am said:

Sweet free mini-pack!

+ VincentVendetta on February 5th, 2009 at 4:27 am said:

@88

Have you ever considered making a level? Because frankly, that is where the fun REALLY is.

+ maxxy209 on February 5th, 2009 at 4:37 am said:

I downloaded the free stuff earlier will get more when i get the game today

+ Zezzler on February 5th, 2009 at 5:17 am said:

By the way mark, nice new avatar!

any word on any up coming Canadian Contests in LBP?

+ GGCAN on February 5th, 2009 at 6:44 am said:

Thanks for the post Mark.

+ Andrefpvs on February 5th, 2009 at 7:54 am said:

I was going to go on a gigantic rant about how costumes are ludicrously overpriced, but then I saw it was free, so thanks for that!

However… I just checked Japan’ and Hong Kong’s store and you’re definitely charging for this… what’s up with that?

+ Carnivius_Prime on February 5th, 2009 at 8:07 am said:

Yeah I see it on the Europe store for £2.39

+ WEALLLOVELUNA on February 5th, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

sounds like a pretty sweet deal, but who else is down for more “other game” dlc, like the metal gear pack, with new items (like the paint gun, what a great thing…) i think they really hit big with ideas like that

+ Andrefpvs on February 5th, 2009 at 8:21 am said:

Yeah, this costs €2.99 on the other countries’ stores as well.

wtf?