PS4 - Transistor

LittleBigPlanet Valentines Pack Update

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Feb 05, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

In a world of public apologies, consider this my big fat sack-sized “I’m Sorry!”.

As some of you noted on your comments, the LBP Valentines pack is actually priced at $2.99 despite my post where it was stated as free. I welcome everyone now at this point to send me a “SACKBOY SLAP” via comments. I deserve it.

LittleBigPlanet - Sackboy Expressions Valentines Post

Don’t worry, we have tons of Free LBP DLC coming down the line so look for those announcements soon.

(hopefully I won’t have to put my foot inside my mouth again.)

- Mark

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ KUSHman666 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

aww im was loking forward to this :-(

+ KUSHman666 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

whoops i not im. blog needs edit button jeff :-D

+ guitain on February 5th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

Awww =( Too bad… I figured it was too expensive to let go of a ton of stickers/decorations for free… But I’m looking to the day we see it ^^

+ Craazy on February 5th, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

Weak Sauce…..I am out. mainly due to your lying but also the nickle and diming is out of hand

+ deadahead on February 5th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

it’s all good man, free or not I’m getting it!

+ KINGV84 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

Sackboy Slap!

+ mckg123456789 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

lol dont worry everyone makes mistakes. LBP FTW!!

+ mckg123456789 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

of the topic when is the FF7 costume pack coming? it would be great if you could answer my question. thxs!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on February 5th, 2009 at 1:48 pm said:

see #11

+ Pumapayam on February 5th, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

Figures. . . sucks to be you.

Just messing man. Thanks for the clarification. :)

+ FPlus on February 5th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

Dude you didn’t set the Price … Sony did so its SCE that should say sorry not you.

+ KUSHman666 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

@8 yeah im wondering to. when will we get the FF7 costumes and hopefully lvl pack? plz respond :-P

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on February 5th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

I know its in the works (obviously), but not sure on a set date.

+ DARK_JAK_911 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

Since you made this mistake, would you at least answer my question I’ve posted so many times?

Whatever happened to the first week t-shirt promised before release of LBP? You seem to be bringing content from other regions over (Toro costume and Ape Escape costume) but what about the first week t-shirt? It was released in the EU store, but not the US store. Can we have some word from you guys about this?

+ Don-Pinguino on February 5th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

you can make up to us and release more info on future DLC like last time.

+ JABEE on February 5th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

Nice bait and switch! I guess lying about the price is a great way to generate excitement.

+ Pumapayam on February 5th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

@ FPlus, he may have assumed it was free. It has been known to be a paid DLC for a while. That’s why most of us were surprised when he mentioned it would be free.

+ undertaker9999 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:30 pm said:

I work in the customer service field and if you mention something is free thats what people want and then you say sorry now pay people get pissed off… Because of your mistake you should offer the DL content for free for a few days than put a price on it to be fair…

+ xino on February 5th, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

While I’m sad to hear it won’t be a free update, I’m glad we’re getting them again at least. :)

On a side note, hopefully someone here can help me.

Whenever I try to play LBP now, I get a red screen and it fails to load the game. I have to manually restart my PS3 since the XMB doesn’t even come up. Is this the infamous crash linked to having too many community objects in my profile? This is supposed to be fixed with the new patch that’s coming correct? I don’t want to start over after finally acing all the levels a few days ago. :-(

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on February 5th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

Never heard of this occurrence (red screen at least). Let me forward to our PD groups and try to get an answer for you.

+ P01SKA933 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

Don’t worry mistakes happen all the time, it’s just too bad that it had to happen that time :(
*Sackboy Slap!!*

+ Scodo_Thope on February 5th, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

Your screwed up and said it….

YOU should MAKE IT FREE!

:P

+ acerazer1 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

Ha, no worries Mark, I think we all knew deep down free was too good to be true.

+ ToRllQue on February 5th, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

Mistakes happen, I can live with that. Let’s just not make it a habit.

*SACKBOY SLAP*

+ JABEE on February 5th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

@20
Why the heck is free too good to be true? It’s not like it includes new game play aspects. It was posted as free on both LBP Workshop and the PSBLOG. Adjust the prices for the people who dealt with your launch problems and meaningless delay. This pack should be free.

+ mahunoy on February 5th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

its all good. free or not im buying it anyways. BTW, when are we going to see Helgan Sackboy or FF7 customes?

+ alpjor on February 5th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

Or maybe you should just realize that making us pay for nothing more than stickers and costumes is stupid. I’ll gladly play for new levels like the MGS pack, but I refuse to pay for decorations.

+ Stoffinator on February 5th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

Thats ok, the stuff you pay for is never worth it anyway. But the free stuff is cool.

+ TheGuardianFID on February 5th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

HOW DARE THEE LIE TO US, SACKBOY SLAP FOR THEE INFIDEL!!! :P :D

P.S. SOLD, LOL!!! :D

+ Don-Pinguino on February 5th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

you can also release some sackboy avatars

so i can ditch this grey face

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on February 5th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

LOL…we\’re actually working on that as we speak.

+ krippler52 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I really wanted this for free!

*SACKBOY SLAAPPP!!!*

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Eric Fong on February 5th, 2009 at 1:42 pm said:

FYI, Mark didn’t screw up, I did (he’s just being a nice guy and is trying to take a bullet for me). We’ve been throwing a lot of content his way and I did not get him the proper info in time (which was the price for this content). We’re making adjustments to the info pipeline and this shouldn’t happen again.

Part of the reason why this content is not free is because of the amount of time and effort on Media Molecule’s part and we really do need to compensate them accordingly (it’s more than just a costume pack – there are new stickers and materials that come with it).

Again, my deepest apologies for the miscommunication and I will do everything in my power to ensure it never happens again.

–E

PS – Thank you, PSN team, for the quick turn-around on the adjustment and thank you loyal LBP fans for your understanding (if you see me on the streets, please feel free to punch me in the face).

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on February 5th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

Nah…pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!!!

+ Pumapayam on February 5th, 2009 at 1:42 pm said:

@ alpjor

I agree, a “time sensitive” sticker/decoration/costume pack is unnecessary. They pressure you to purchase it, or else it will be gone forever.

Add something meaningful, and I will bite.

+ bulletx409 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

wheres the store update?

+ TheTrumpetMan on February 5th, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

It happens, Mark. We still love you, man. Now how about some Killzone 2 DLC? That’d be awesome!

+ SyphonFilter- on February 5th, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

heh lol

+ KazeEternal on February 5th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

screw slaping mark lets have a big sack boy slap to something that deserves it like that 2.99 price tag.

+ FE_RR on February 5th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

i knew it…i have seen in other place that it will cost 2.99 o well c’est la vie

+ Thwip on February 5th, 2009 at 1:48 pm said:

Oops…oh well; everyone makes mistakes. I’ll still be buying it for my daughter; she loves all the costumes. Sometimes I think she likes the costumes more than actually playing the game.

+ SagiMewtwo on February 5th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

Well, at least now you’re officially supporting Valentine’s Day like the greeting card companies that created the day are.

+ mywhitenoise on February 5th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

pssh. I’m not paying $3 for heart shaped glasses and a rose.
lame.

+ jsilvrs on February 5th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

Bait and switch.

+ Enforcer_X on February 5th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

I’ll pay, love the LBP!

+ onrails on February 5th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

RRRRrrrr

“SACKBOY SLAP” !!!!

+ VixDiesel on February 5th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

Either way, I’m still getting it. New Materials and Stickers alone are worth it for a more unique level making experience. Can’t wait.

I must say though, fix the fricken server issues please. The “failed to load all player profiles” seriously hamper the fun.

Oh yeah, more level packs please! Keep up the awesome work.

+ BigPoppaB on February 5th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

I know this stuff has its audience.. but charging for THIS?

I love LBP and all, but it seems like a weekly milk machine. If you release more DLC like the MGS one (ie some actual levels) then i’ll bite, but otherwise nay.

+ Travi on February 5th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

its ok, maybe next time

:::SLAP:::

+ DTS_MAN on February 5th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

You know what its the honesty that counts here and the fact you have made effort to correct it. Hats of to you. Thats why PSN is the gaming network of the future.

DTS MAN

+ CheesePie13 on February 5th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

SLAP!!!!!

LOL

Wish it was free… :(

+ bigdaddykraven on February 5th, 2009 at 1:56 pm said:

You should let some of your creative fans do some work for you. Give us a “developer kit” that allows us to design our own stickers and items that we can send to you.

You pick out the best of however many whatever and compile them into a free Community Pack #1, #2 etc…

Everyone Wins!

+ Jeigh on February 5th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

I’m sending you a Sackboy Slap as well as $2.99. You guys have really done an awesome job spoiling us with so much free stuff. You guys deserve some rewards for rewarding us so much. Happy V-Day. :)

+ DaxMontana on February 5th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

You can safely blame the mistake on your sub-conscience. It was probably too ashamed to let you stick a $2.99 price tag on something that clearly should have been a give-away.

+ Pumapayam on February 5th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

@bigdaddykraven I like your idea.

Mm, take that idea and make it happen.

PAGE 1 2 3 4