PlayStation VR

Feb 05

Feb 05

LittleBigPlanet Valentines Pack Update

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

In a world of public apologies, consider this my big fat sack-sized “I’m Sorry!”.

As some of you noted on your comments, the LBP Valentines pack is actually priced at $2.99 despite my post where it was stated as free. I welcome everyone now at this point to send me a “SACKBOY SLAP” via comments. I deserve it.

LittleBigPlanet - Sackboy Expressions Valentines Post

Don’t worry, we have tons of Free LBP DLC coming down the line so look for those announcements soon.

(hopefully I won’t have to put my foot inside my mouth again.)

– Mark

Add Your Own

JohnnyMoses said:

February 5th, 3:51 pm

You guys are great and LBP is a great game. However, you should learn from your mistakes and the only way to do that would be to make this free at a loss to you. Instead you’re making your fans pay for your mistake! I wouldn’t DL this either way. But, you should feel bad for the people that got excited for free content. They are your fans and have already supported you by buying the game. Don’t forget, you wouldn’t have jobs without them.

mywhitenoise said:

February 5th, 3:52 pm

when are you guys going to fix the online lag?

PAYBACK-joker said:

February 5th, 3:53 pm

Well, thanks for clarifying it at least Mark, it is appreciated. I should have just DL’d it from EU or Japan now, but no worries, NBD Bro.

Keep the DLC coming, there are a lot of people out here who’ll buy just about anything related to LBP!

KSPRAYDAD said:

February 5th, 3:59 pm

@80….

No…if they CORRECT their error before the date or time of sale (which is what happened here) they are under no moral or legal obligation to honour the $0 price.

Now….that promise of a First Week T-Shirt is a different matter….

redbar0n787 said:

February 5th, 4:07 pm

thanks :( i think :( i wanted to get this
slap

Rhez said:

February 5th, 4:08 pm

sackboy slap!

I thought ok maybe a free costume but all the stuff too? Yeah too good to be true. I’ll still get it. I totally support the great team at MM. LBP itself is too good to be true. Best game ever.

Skater_Ricky said:

February 5th, 4:09 pm

Any Word on if your Making “ONLINE” Level Create????????????? It would make my day to know its in the works :D

and if so how many Players would be able 2 or 4 players creating the same Level???

Ricky,

El_Matador1957 said:

February 5th, 4:11 pm

WOW WHAT A waste of money I will never but this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blkant said:

February 5th, 4:21 pm

Well I forgive you, People make mistakes and we get over them. Im just glad to have Mm and LBP on our side :D

ThEosSiE said:

February 5th, 4:27 pm

I really wouldn’t care if you never release any DLC for free. I’ll picked up whatever you guys release for LBP.

Money well spent in supporting you guys and an outstanding game.

Thanks!!

millerdude75 said:

February 5th, 4:28 pm

Wow Sony can’t do anything right. If you said it was free it should be free. It would be nice to know when a patch is going to be out to fix the game, but I’m sure you guys would rather add more DLC that you can charge us for rather than fix what’s wrong.

SixStringPsycho said:

February 5th, 4:37 pm

thats okay. Still I wont buy festivities stuff

solidgraysoldier said:

February 5th, 4:38 pm

you don’t need to not buy it bro, 3 bucks isn’t much of a bad deal.

Skater_Ricky said:

February 5th, 4:44 pm

@millerdude75

You didn’t even Mention to want is Wrong with the Game can you be Specific on the issue???????????????????????????????????

Thanks…

And also to mention you don’t have to buy anything guys if you don’t want to there not making you! :P

jordan199311 said:

February 5th, 4:45 pm

Hey, When are more trophies coming out? I got the platinum and I’m short 2 MGS trophies but im gonna get em soon, dont worry

Schnacky said:

February 5th, 4:49 pm

where is the store update….

WINNERS_CIRCLE24 said:

February 5th, 5:18 pm

mclovin is awesome

Watchmann said:

February 5th, 5:32 pm

When I first read the “free” price tag on this pack I thought that Sony & Mm had finally come to their senses and not charge for something that ought to be free.

Yes, developers need to get paid. I understand that. We have, however, already paid for the game, and as one Sony executive put it (and I paraphrase)– we saved up paycheques so we could afford a PS3 along with the games that now cost $10 more because of development costs.

Additionally, these costumes act as a way of persuading those who’ve already got LBP to hold onto their copy and not sell it– with the idea that fewer used copies will sit on store shelves. More money in the pockets of publishers & developers. Other costumes (like Motorstorm, LocoRoco , etc.) are cross promotional tools. Ads. Sony seems to be in love lately with making money off their ads (ahem… Quore).

I don’t believe in leveling nasty criticism, rather I think it needs to be constructive. In addition to being an awesome game all by it’s lonesome, there have been some sweet freebie costumes, as well as the great value of the MGS level pack. Please, Mm & Sony, learn from what you’ve done well and run with it!

saintaqua said:

February 5th, 5:34 pm

Oh well, it’s okay. I’m certainly not mad at you or anything.
I just hope you guys make up for it with more content soon, free or not!!

NEJI64 said:

February 5th, 5:35 pm

i have to say the chart is hilarious. i picture all the face of everybody who wants a give away every update.

Sekoku said:

February 5th, 5:39 pm

>> Part of the reason why this content is not free is because of the amount of time and effort on Media Molecule’s part and we really do need to compensate them accordingly (it’s more than just a costume pack – there are new stickers and materials that come with it).

Yeah, because two new costume items (one of which replaces your teeth instead of adding to it), a few new materials, and stickers = $2.99

I feel slightly ripped off that I paid $2.99 for mostly a rose and a few level items. Maybe if the outfit was slightly better (like the Chun-Li outfit I bought as well) I wouldn’t feel so bad about my wasted $2.99

If MM is going to get compensation for some stickers and two items, it should at least be $.99 to $1.99 I want more costumes and/or stickers that aren’t going to be about 12 stickers 4 materials and 2 costume items for $2.99 That’s the going price for Sony/Third party characters.

Don’t half-butt the content and price gouge, is what I’m trying to say. MGS Level pack was worth the $5.99 since we got 4 new levels + costume + level creation items in a huge pack. Size >= value.

DeadAces said:

February 5th, 5:48 pm

Great update. This has been one of the best weeks in my opinion. I’ll be sure to check out those new LBP stuff.

MethodicBR said:

February 5th, 5:51 pm

Don’t worry, LBP is amazing with or without free add-on. Everyone makes mistakes :D

TobyRimbaud said:

February 5th, 6:11 pm

I think that LPB is easily one of the best made games of 2008… however, I think $3 is a HUGE rip-off. I don’t mind that it was mistakenly reported to be free… that kind of stuff happens. But these seasonal add-ons simply aren’t worth that kind of money. Thanks, but no thanks.

jazzyrider said:

February 5th, 6:20 pm

huge sackboy slap! and me and my gf were looking forward to a free valentine’s day gift!

bayouboyz said:

February 5th, 6:28 pm

Are you still working on an update that lets you import your pictures from your hard drive into little big planet?

bob52 said:

February 5th, 6:47 pm

Mistackes happen,but Sackboy Slap anyway

bob52 said:

February 5th, 6:48 pm

mistakes* there needs to be an edit button

beenii said:

February 5th, 7:16 pm

it’s just a shame to make us pay for something like costumes!!!!!! but what u should be really ashamed of is the lack of european PSN-cards!!! so i’m not able of getting the MGS-levelpack t_t (and with me many others are). thank god i dont give “something” on costumes, but what i do mind are the horrible serverissues —> lag all over despite of having a real good connection.

slicecom said:

February 5th, 7:21 pm

No worries guys. If you want to make it up to me, please convince Capcom to stop giving us inferior ports of 360 games! BOYCOTT RE:5!!!

terry6v said:

February 5th, 7:22 pm

@104

I would agree with that stance if they corrected it yesterday or the day before, etc. not minutes before the store update TODAY. Besides like I said I’ve gotten better add-on material from other developers (ahem, Criterion) for nothing. I love paying 60 bucks for a game that still doesn’t play great online and then have to pay for little things that add maybe 5 more minutes to the playlife of it. Just my .02 that’s all.

terry6v said:

February 5th, 7:30 pm

OH YES, now I remember why this upsets me so much. Anyone who remembers like I do can go back to the November 18 blog post and here’s the quote:

“You may have remembered us mentioning, that we will be giving away a FREE LBP downloadable costume once a week.”

I know I haven’t seen a free LBP downloadable costume every week. go ahead check it out. if it sudenly disappears I have screenshots.

yosoylindo445 said:

February 5th, 7:39 pm

is a good news but should be free cause we are in the month of valentine days.

beenii said:

February 5th, 7:47 pm

thanks to “terry6v” showing us this ripoff. its because of users like u who pay attention that noobs like me know the truth!!!

coastermaniac said:

February 5th, 8:05 pm

$2.99 is kind of steep, but you definitely get major props for owning up to the mistake like this.

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

February 5th, 8:07 pm

Hi, LOVE the game. I mean absolutely Love it as it steals socom time away. was wondering if you plan to put the island of Newfoundland on the globe, it’s pretty big to not be there,. One third the size of Africa. Please, it would mean so much to me and My little big world.

coastermaniac said:

February 5th, 8:14 pm

@terry6v

are you really that [DELETED] idiotic???

please tell me you aren’t because if you’d actually take the time to read the [DELETED] original post ( http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/30/available-116-official-lbp-dlc-on-the-playstation-store/ ) it is crystal clear, as in no question whatsoever that he was talking about holiday ’08. Even read just the first [DELETED] paragraph for crying out loud: “near future

morons…

spleendingo said:

February 5th, 8:25 pm

I’m glad to see most of you taking this so well. What concerns me are the few of you who are using terms like “bait and switch” and “false advertising”.

SACK SLAP YOU! If it’s really the end of your life because you can’t get a free heart themed costume for your sackperson, then it’s time to crawl out of your parent’s basement and get. a. life.

Really, what is there to complain about? LBP is one of the best games I’ve played on any system in a long time! The original levels are awesome, and I have been AMAZED at some of the user created ones! Yes, you bought the game. Turned over some your (moms) hard earned cash. And because MM had the foresight to let people like me and you create our own levels, you can literally play a new game every DAY! I look forward to this every DAY.

They made a mistake. They admitted they made a mistake. Now everyone quit acting like Judge Judy and just go play!

Sorry. I feel better now.

Thanks for the info and sorry for all the grief on here.

gtagod said:

February 5th, 8:38 pm

hmm must be nice. If only I could play it. My PS3 won’t read discs. I’m pissed off. AND $160 TO FIX!?!? That’s just crazy….

terry6v said:

February 5th, 8:41 pm

I guess when they say what they’re going to do and don’t do it as in a free item every week it’s not false advertising. And my two kids are ones that I have to tell that it’s not free now. Sorry but if I want to put that much money into a game over time, I’d just buy rock band two more times. thanks for being Sony’s customer service agent though. kthxbai.

Ikki_Fenix said:

February 5th, 8:42 pm

Everyone makes mistakes

“And everybody hurts and everybody cries…. Sometimes”

terry6v said:

February 5th, 8:42 pm

Can’t wait til’ they charge for system updates.

terry6v said:

February 5th, 8:51 pm

You know people read these blogs before they buy games and see things like promises of free content and that influences our purchasing decisions on games we may otherwise pass on.
The Valentines deal is a given. It was an error. The fact remains that they indeed did promise free costumes every week, so in effect it should have been free to begin with, like the thanksgiving and santa suits. Don’t fool me for a minute, half these “defenders” wouldn’t hesitate for a second to scream murder if some wager screwed their value meal for lunch.

warlock7 said:

February 5th, 9:19 pm

Most companies would be expected to live with their mistakes. You guys should be giving it away since your representative here decided to tell us a lie…

I’m really quite disappointed in Sony for not standing behind what they offer.

Besides which a pair of sunglasses and a rose in the mouth certainly aren’t worth $3!!!

Crizz said:

February 5th, 10:06 pm

Eh, life goes on. Just please keep us update on that ff7 pack! I’m soo ready for it!

iaint21 said:

February 5th, 10:30 pm

*gathers sisters and brother and we all do a mega sack slap*

Lol. figured it was needed. its okay i bought it anyways, i’ll just get a new card to ger the wipeout costumes and the killzone one too. i splurdge and got me crash bandicoop, to brokg back the old days when it was fun. and then i went back to my portal level. the heart was perfect for a companion cube!

Ivan_Krazy said:

February 5th, 10:42 pm

Well I thought Valentines Day was about LOVE and not money…. oh well I am sick of buying everything LBP ($3 bucks here and there and here, aaarrrgghhhh). Thank you but no thank you :(

EyeAmmMcLovin said:

February 5th, 10:51 pm

I will forgive you if Sony will release a freaking Ratchet costume!!!!

The1stMJC said:

February 5th, 11:51 pm

Did you guys fix that terrible white screen problem?
I haven’t played LBP in almost 2 months because every time I play online levels it freezes to a white screen. I really love this game and so does my family but that issue is really hurting me on this game and other friends that have had this problem.

Locster60 said:

February 6th, 12:01 am

Free online, more free content than the competition ,PS3 console worth allot more than what I paid for it.
2.99 for costumes, stickers, and materials.
Hmmmm ok im in. Thanks for the other free costumes you have given us before. Hope my 2.99 goes towards future updates and more packs.