No Man's Sky

Pre-order Killzone 2 at GameStop, Play the Demo Now!

TJ Consunji's Avatar + Posted by TJ Consunji on Feb 05, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager

Hello All…

It’s TJ from the Marketing Team, back again for another update on Killzone 2.

A ton of Killzone 2 reviews have posted & the game is already receiving critical acclaim, including 5 Editor’s Choice awards from various media.

IGN Editors' Choice PTOM Editors' Choice GamePro Editors' Choice

GameSpy Editors' Choice GameZone Editors' Choice

If you just can’t wait until Killzone 2 launches on February 27th, starting right now, the single-player demo will be available to all of you who pre-ordered Killzone 2 from GameStop. Those that pre-ordered in-store should be able to use the voucher card, while those that pre-ordered through GameStop.com should receive your redeemable code later today.

We’ve got 22 days until Killzone 2 deploys exclusively on the PS3.

More info to come soon on how to get one of these…

Killzone 2 Helghast Rifle Replica

(No, it’s not a render… it’s a replica.)

Stay tuned.

– TJ

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ THE_SPANIARD on February 5th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

aaaahhhhh!!!!!! awesome! please say its part of a LIMITED collectors edition!

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ TJ Consunji on February 5th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

This replica is NOT part of a collector\’s edition… we\’re not doing one.

I can\’t share the details just yet… but keep your eyes on the blog… we\’ll break the news on how you can get your hands on this replica soon…

+ MindGamr on February 5th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

Finally!

+ Fausk on February 5th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

Want that replica. Now, please. That’s so freaking awesome looking.

+ TheHater2 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

I have 2 demo codes because I preoder two cope of this baby :)
But I couldn’t wait, so I download it from the UK store.

+ iceman3828 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

sorry ive never ever been second before any way this looks awesome cant wait i think ill get it as belated b-day present my b-day on 6 feb so dont 4 get to wish happy b-day

psn ID : iceman3828

+ bigdaddyjane on February 5th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

I pre-ordered my copy of KZ 2 from blockbuster so I can’t play the demo.their shouldn’t have to be place were you can play the demo,it should just be free.NOT NICE SONY!

+ DonnyG on February 5th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

gimmie gimmie

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on February 5th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Will it have Online Demo play? Guess not but it’ll be ok just with single player!

Please look into adding In-game xmb music and offline co-op!

+ Hellman on February 5th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Im at school!!! I wanna play this already damnit!

+ JordanBlack68 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Thank god EU doesn’t do stuff like this, we get the demo without the need for any pre-ordering :)

+ stinkey on February 5th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

I tried my code and it didn’t work plus my friend called SONY and they said it won’t be redeemable till tomorrow

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 5th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

Try again. The demo is live now.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on February 5th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

KZ2 FTW!!!

+ MrZombie1 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

so no demo unless it’s preordered? or is that for the early demo?

+ KINGV84 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

I cant wait to play the demo, it is downloading as we speak. Get it now from the EU store. Just go make an account. easy.

+ Anzo42 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

I don’t get why they would want to limit the amount of people that want to play the game by locking the NA demo to pre-orders only. From a marketing perspective, that is just dumb. I don’t want to buy the game from Gamestop.

+ Stoffinator on February 5th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

You can also get it from the Euro store, so the pre order was pointless for the most part.

+ Ftwrthtx on February 5th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

Thanks for the info

+ MrZombie1 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

hmmm thinks I’ll have to try the EU thing

+ Shin-Ra on February 5th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

Euro demo is quality. Loving it! :D

+ x3x1x on February 5th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

I can haz replica!?!?

+ Saiks on February 5th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

This is crazy… Replace the demo for everyone. Killzone 2 is suppose to be a blockbuster and this is just insane. Don’t get me wrong i already pre-ordered.

+ terrabliss on February 5th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

For all of you in the U.S who want to get their hands on the demo without this preorder bs just create a new user, and at the 1st screen change it from united states to united kingdom and then continue to make the fake account and voila free demo, the way they should always be!

+ Slough89 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

I live in Canada, we don’t have Gamestops here. Where can I pre-order in Canada to get have access to the demo? Or will the demo be available to everyone like EU?

Thanks – keep up the great work.

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 5th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

You can pre-order from EB Games if you\’re in Canada. They have the demo voucher codes for Killzone 2.

+ willskate4free on February 5th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

the demo is great… all it did was want to make me play more.. cant wait.

+ scorpio182 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

Also got the Euro demo…pretty amazing..

+ CrayzeeCarl on February 5th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

@ 22 –

The demo will be freely available on the US store on Feb. 26 if you don’t want to preorder from Gamestop.

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ TJ Consunji on February 5th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

That\’s correct… The Killzone 2 demo will be on the U.S. PlayStation Store a day before launch.

+ womfalcs3 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

When will the US demo come out for those who didn’t pre-order from GameStop?

I, for example, pre-ordered from Amazon, and I don’t have a European PSN account.

+ TheGuardianFID on February 5th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

SWEEEEET, I’M DOWNLOADING IT AS I TYPE, THANK YOU GG AND SONY FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!! :D

+ jwspiker on February 5th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

no thank you, don’t like gamestop, i downloaded from UK store instead. I guess gamestop paid that.

+ CarolCity on February 5th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

PLEASE explain this!

This is my PS3. That’s my KZ2 Download.

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 5th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

That\’s odd. Contact consumer services – they should be able to help you.

+ VLADIULNIK on February 5th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

the best demo i’ve ever played! great job Sony/Guerrilla! finally some love from EU PSN..

it is one hello of a sexy game…

+ terrabliss on February 5th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

LISTEN PEOPLE JUST GET ON YOUR PS3 NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE, MAKE A NEW USER, CREATE A NEW PSN ACCOUNT FOR THAT USER USING UNITED KINGDOM AS YOUR REGION (THE 1ST SCREEN WHEN SIGNING UP) THEN GO TO STORE AND GET THE DEMO FOR FREE AND INSTANTLY!!!

+ Tw3nty0ne_21 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

DLed the EU demo, because the Gamestop demo came up late.

Can I haz KillZoen Rifel?

+ zombie9 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

That sucks no Demo unless you pre order lame… I guess we will get another lame update tonight again.. Great thanks for making PSN no fun!!!!

+ sam_i_jam on February 5th, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

I can’t wait to go home and download my early demo.

KZ2 has me salivating.

+ CooperHawkes on February 5th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

Now THAT is sexy… I’m keeping my eyes peeled for more info on that lovely replica.. :)

+ Enigma777 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

dl-ing as we speak! KIIIIIILLZONEEEEE!!!

+ TheHakku on February 5th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

Wow. The demo is amazing. Shorter than I expected, but hey, it’s a demo. So good.

+ sam_i_jam on February 5th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

@zombie9: Imagine what it’s like to use XBLA. You can’t download ANY new demos unless you pay for their Gold membership. They’re timed-exclusive to Gold members for about a week or two. Depressing!

+ terrabliss on February 5th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

zombie9 | February 5th, 2009 at 10:53 am

omfg lol anyone who has this perspective just scroll up to #31

+ sam_i_jam on February 5th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Also: I hate to be off-topic here, but PSN needs far more avatars.

Just look at how many redundant avatars are on this thread alone.

Makes it tough to identify users based on just their avatar now.

+ ChainClutch on February 5th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

Im at work, i got the wife to use my access code from the preorder to start downloading the demo, i cant wait to get off of work! just 2 more hours to go! That replica gun looks AWESOME!

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 5th, 2009 at 2:21 pm said:

You know… if you had a PSP, you can access your PS3 via remote play, enter in your voucher code, and begin the download on your PS3 so it would be ready for you by the time you got home. Pretty cool, huh?

+ Enforcer_X on February 5th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

I WANT THAT GUN!

+ almighty-slayer on February 5th, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

I want that replica. Please? I’ll buy everything that you can ever put on the store.

Although as that’s the Euro store, i wouldn’t be buying a lot.

+ SyphonFilter- on February 5th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

nice

+ phinnv8 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

Downloaded the Killzone 2 demo from the UK psn store…

The graphics are excellent, the best lighting and effects I’ve seen in a console game, but the textures aren’t as sharp as say, Gears 2 (or an Unreal engine game). The sounds are great.

I have one major complaint, the controls are LAGGY. WTF is wrong with this company to do this? It makes your guy feel heavier? No it doesn’t, it just makes it harder to aim and makes me want to stick to Bad Company.

+ caliblue15 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

TJ,

Can we please have an update on the Best Buy theme codes. Are these live yet? I ask this question because thousands of people on the internet cannot get their codes to work. (ala MGS4).

Is this a code issue, or that you guys have not put it up on the store yet. (I know its picked and ran by Best Buy, but you guys should have the answer as well.)

Thanks,

caliblue15

P.S. That replica is amazing, I’m staying tuned.

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ TJ Consunji on February 5th, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

Double-checked on this. The theme is live & should work. Give it a try again.

+ Noks415 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

I have a demo code that I haven’t used. Does anyone here really need it?

+ rAdIOhEad73 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

Congratulations to GG and SONY, after playing this demo I can see the the previous and reviews weren’t lying, that Graphics are above any other game (including in other consoles), the DTS sound is amazing, the music is very Star Wars-esque and gives a feel of “epicness”
that suits the game perfectly.
Thank god for the option to set the control to “Alternate 2″ too. I just feel like home playing with this setting.
Day 1 purchased for has been confirmed!

+ B4K4 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

Please tell us how to get the replica i really want it and i get my paycheck today :)

PAGE 1 2 3 6