Paragon

Feb 05

Feb 05

Pre-order Killzone 2 at GameStop, Play the Demo Now!

TJ Consunji's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager

Hello All…

It’s TJ from the Marketing Team, back again for another update on Killzone 2.

A ton of Killzone 2 reviews have posted & the game is already receiving critical acclaim, including 5 Editor’s Choice awards from various media.

IGN Editors' Choice PTOM Editors' Choice GamePro Editors' Choice

GameSpy Editors' Choice GameZone Editors' Choice

If you just can’t wait until Killzone 2 launches on February 27th, starting right now, the single-player demo will be available to all of you who pre-ordered Killzone 2 from GameStop. Those that pre-ordered in-store should be able to use the voucher card, while those that pre-ordered through GameStop.com should receive your redeemable code later today.

We’ve got 22 days until Killzone 2 deploys exclusively on the PS3.

More info to come soon on how to get one of these…

Killzone 2 Helghast Rifle Replica

(No, it’s not a render… it’s a replica.)

Stay tuned.

– TJ

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

bronxbomber2313 said:

February 5th, 11:13 am

Wow the replica looks sick. Can’t wait 4 the game to come out, been waiting since the beta ended

Nathan3000 said:

February 5th, 11:14 am

Demo only from GameStop via code???

Bluprintz said:

February 5th, 11:15 am

I dont really feel like making a euro account. If anyone has an extra code i’d be much obliged. Otherwise I’ll just wait till the 27th…

cheers

PSN: Bluprintz

dime5150 said:

February 5th, 11:15 am

The Gamestop preorder peeps are really disgruntled as everyone is able to now play the demo regardless of country. I can see their point. But there is no way i’m going to buy the game from Gamestop. Preordering isn’t necessary anymore. 50 stores within a 5 mile radius will have the game…

I kind of want to wait until 27th to fully experience it. But the other half of me says “try it now!!!!”

TakiFuGu said:

February 5th, 11:16 am

Pre ordering the game is the only way we’ll get to play the demo?
Sorry but I don’t do pre-orders.

Vengeful-Chaos said:

February 5th, 11:17 am

Is the code for the KillZone theme working yet? it was suppose to go live two days ago but mine for some reason doesn’t work.

Tyger0 said:

February 5th, 11:17 am

I’m about to download this RIGHT NOW! Been waiting forever for this game and actually loved the original despite its issues. So glad the team put together a quality project. Just wish there was a multiplayer level included so I could get started early on building up on of those classes.

Great job to all of you guys behind the scenes that put this game together. Should throw up your IDs so we can get in on some multiplayer action. Til then, keepin’ this one in my iron sights.

USN, San Diego

TakiFuGu said:

February 5th, 11:18 am

Oh yeah, I don’t support places like GameStop.

wu-stix said:

February 5th, 11:19 am

Not going to play the demo. I don’t want to ruin it. Also have been shying away from any videos since the slow motion one and Qore that shows anything about the game.

QCVic said:

February 5th, 11:21 am

Congrats on the high scores!! lm downloading the Demo now. That replica looks sweet. Don`t hold out. Let us know how to get it.

KINGV84 said:

February 5th, 11:22 am

Everybody not reading the above comments, go create a new user, select UK, find a UK address on the internet, and continue creating the UK account and download the demo. DOWNLOAD THE DEMO FROM UK STORE!!!! No need to be complaining.

emzee83 said:

February 5th, 11:22 am

So where’s the marketing for this game. Haven’t seen any tv commercials for this yet. This game deserves Gears numbers. I want people everywhere tired of seeing Kill Zone memorabilia.

TJ Consunji's Avatar

David Bull said:

February 5th, 2:15 pm

I agree with you. We\’re working hard to make this happen. Those TV Commercials you want so badly are coming. We hope it knocks your socks off!

KINGV84 said:

February 5th, 11:24 am

Go preorder from Amazon.com they are giving you a HOME suit.

TJ Consunji's Avatar

David Bull said:

February 5th, 2:15 pm

Actually, 2 HOME suits. ;) ISA and Helghast uniforms.

Merilya said:

February 5th, 11:25 am

oh i want that replica O_O

KUSHman666 said:

February 5th, 11:25 am

damn i ordered from amazon cause i want sweet home costumes :-P i guess ill wait it out and experience the insanity in the retail copy :-D

hermes200 said:

February 5th, 11:25 am

So… you have to pay for the game in Gamestop to get a demo so you can decide if you are going to buy the game? That doesn’t sound very reasonable, TJ… I guess somebody forgot the whole idea of why demos exists in the first place.

People, go to the EU store, that way you can get the demo for free, you don’t have to pay gamestop and wait for them to send you the code.

KINGV84 said:

February 5th, 11:25 am

@63 go make a UK account and download the demo. It has been said multiple times on the previous comments.

Plstcsldgr said:

February 5th, 11:27 am

its a damn good looking game.

EagleEyeElite said:

February 5th, 11:30 am

What if i preordered this game from EB Games on the 22nd? I am still able to get the demo code because if not….well i just can’t wait lol.

StalkingSilence said:

February 5th, 11:30 am

Shoulda pre-ordered. Oh wellll… I’ll just wait until it comes out or the demo is released to the rest of us bums who are short on cash.

FFObsessed said:

February 5th, 11:33 am

I would kill many ISA allies for that gun…

KINGV84 said:

February 5th, 11:36 am

@ 70, and 71

Go make a UK account.

EagleEyeElite said:

February 5th, 11:37 am

kk thanks a ton. Will do that asap

BusyManDan said:

February 5th, 11:39 am

tried this morning not up yet. Does anyone know if it’s multiplayer or not? I have had mine for 3 weeks now. Can’t wait to get home.

Quixote said:

February 5th, 11:41 am

im just curious, can anyone explain why a pre-order from Gamestop must be done to get this Demo in the states, while UK users can dowload for free.

as an aside, its nice to see UK people getting some shinies before the US people for a change (which seems is often the case from blog posts in the past.)

Letters2Kay said:

February 5th, 11:42 am

I can wait to play the game. I’d rather have the Helghast costume for Home, so I preordered from Amazon (I’ll be waiting a few extra days for shipping, also- but I think it’s worth it). Think about it this way- the demo will be worthless in 22 days, but that costume is still going to be cool years from now…

That rifle is awesome, though. I doubt I’ll be buying any special editions or spending a ton of extra cash on it, but it’d be nice to have. Any chance it’ll be sold by itself?

Kamahl_rg said:

February 5th, 11:45 am

bah… europe gets it without anything, and my country doesnt even have its own store so i cant play it…

Guanuma said:

February 5th, 11:46 am

This is utterly stupid, plain wrong. Why in the name of GOD should GG lock the demo to require a voucher? Let everyone to play the %#$%^ demo and they will decide if they will get the full game or not. >:-G geez….

BAD FREAKING MOVE!!!!!!

JPMCH said:

February 5th, 11:47 am

Bad Movement from Sony, I think that the need to release the DEMO today for everyone.

flylies said:

February 5th, 11:48 am

I tried to enter my code at 8:00am this morning and it didn’t work. Anyone else have that problem?

SPOOKULA209 said:

February 5th, 11:49 am

I just used my code to download it, gonna play later today. if u dont have a code make a euro account its up on the european store right now for free, no preorder. if not make a euro account.

MUSTANG750R said:

February 5th, 11:50 am

OMG yes!! My sister and I have been going CRAZY for this thank you! How can I get that replica? I’ve been collecting posters from gamestop and that would look nice with my collection.

VivaGardner said:

February 5th, 11:50 am

The game seems fun.

The demo is super-duper short I felt though.

Seems like it is going to be one of my favorite games, even though the hype may be a bit much.

Guanuma said:

February 5th, 11:51 am

I wonder, why is that if SONY doesn’t mess it up at the beginning, it will do it an the end…… Can someone explain to me from a PR or marketing point of view how can the locking move help the game? please anyone? maybe I’m missing something….

Tr3p1dat10n said:

February 5th, 11:55 am

Played the demo. I’ll be getting it for sure. I’m a bad person. ):

ANUBUSNYC said:

February 5th, 11:56 am

Nice sign me up for one of those bad boys!!

Chase167 said:

February 5th, 11:56 am

the demo is real short and sweet

alexbhpeur said:

February 5th, 11:59 am

Why? WHY? WHYYYY? Gamestop? Those guys suck…

I didn’t preordered at Gamestop, (I did at Bestbuy), and I have the demo due to my european account… so PEOPLE do not preorder at Gamestop.

I like how Sony market these things but Gamestop… WHY???

TerryVSL said:

February 5th, 12:01 pm

I can’t believe how utterly insane the graphics look in person. I’ve never in all my years of playing console games seen a game that so totally destroys every other game in graphics as Killzone 2.

If only we could all go back in time to the release of the original trailer when everyone was screaming about how graphics of this level would never be possible on a console for another generation at the earliest.

What is crazy about Killzone 2 is usually the smaller the screenshot the better games look because it hides the flaws. But with Killzone 2 its the exact opposite in that seeing in person at full resolution lets you see the amazing and unprecdented detail.

I don’t see how any company can still use that crappy old Unreal Engine from Epic. Killzone doesn’t just make Unreal Engine based games look like sad jokes, it even makes the fake marketing shots companies love to put out from that stupid engine a joke.

xenorevlis said:

February 5th, 12:01 pm

Please please PLEASE put that gun replica as an item on the PlayStation Store. If it’s $100 or less I’m buying one!

Anyway, great demo. Love the little details, although since I used to be a game tester (at Sony no less) I ran into some bugs. None of took away from the experience though.

Man I missed Killzone 2. Finally my multiplayer withdrawals have been dealt with <3

GhostStan said:

February 5th, 12:04 pm

my code dont work i have try for hours call custumer support no help to try again tomorrow if dont work call back grrrr

leetfoo said:

February 5th, 12:05 pm

Just thought I’d pop in and mention how disgusted I am with this whole “pre-order the game to get the demo” junk. Demos are supposed to be to decide if you like a game…
Luckily, this whole scam is totally bypassed by simply registering a EU acccount (Just like Locoroco 2!), so I’ll be trying the game out without preorder anyway.

WillAllon said:

February 5th, 12:06 pm

Well i just played the demo and my father was looking over my shoulder, when i told my father about Killzone 2 he thought it would just be another shooter… After seeing me play the demo he changed his mind :) and pre-ordered it for him. (We got 2 ps3’s)

(I pre-ordered it a few days ago ^^)

THEdirtybacon said:

February 5th, 12:07 pm

That gun really is a work of art.

I didn’t realize the demo was gonna be for pre-orders only :( I don’t feel like going through the whole UK store process…

NeoHumpty said:

February 5th, 12:10 pm

I’m betting if you dug deep enough you would find that the companies you have to pre-ordered from have a deal with Sony of America(or Canada). That’s why you can’t download it with an American ID. Fortunately I have an EU account and a Japanese account. I’m guessing Sony doesn’t care if you go around Gamestop….why would they? It’s common knowledge that Gamestop screws them out of millions of dollars every year. If not, then Playstation would be deleting all of these comments telling you how to get it from EU. It’s not that hard to get, people. Just Gamestop making money off of stupid people again. Once you download it, you can play it on your normal log-in usually.

Neozeed said:

February 5th, 12:10 pm

Great Demo!!!

PhoenixP3K said:

February 5th, 12:13 pm

Breaking News: Spike in UK PSN accounts as millions of PS3 gamers want to get their hands on the Killzone 2 demo. @phoenixp3k

mahunoy said:

February 5th, 12:13 pm

I want the replica. I will trade any of my high end airsoft gun for it. that will be a cool addition to my collections.

@TJ does shoot BB’s or is it just a replica?

TJ Consunji's Avatar

TJ Consunji said:

February 5th, 2:53 pm

LOL. Nope, the replica doesn\’t fire BB\’s. If it did, our Legal team wouldn\’t let me give them away as prizes…

Oops… think I\’ve said too much… more details coming…

los30 said:

February 5th, 12:14 pm

hey…..i got the killzone 2 demo code from gamestop…..but when i put the code in it say that it is not valid…….and today is the 5 of feb…..do u know when i can download the killzone 2 demo or wat time?????????????

TJ Consunji's Avatar

David Bull said:

February 5th, 2:19 pm

The demo is live. Try it again.

VenomUK said:

February 5th, 12:14 pm

I live in the UK, played the demo earlier – It is the dogs b****ks!

Stunning graphics, and really solid gameplay. I’ve got the metal case pre-ordered. My advice is order while its hot! May I suggest to all my international PlayStation friends that you download it from the UK store now, and maybe in return you could allow us access to the USA video store?!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6