PS4 - Destiny

Pre-order Killzone 2 at GameStop, Play the Demo Now!

TJ Consunji's Avatar + Posted by TJ Consunji on Feb 05, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager

Hello All…

It’s TJ from the Marketing Team, back again for another update on Killzone 2.

A ton of Killzone 2 reviews have posted & the game is already receiving critical acclaim, including 5 Editor’s Choice awards from various media.

IGN Editors' Choice PTOM Editors' Choice GamePro Editors' Choice

GameSpy Editors' Choice GameZone Editors' Choice

If you just can’t wait until Killzone 2 launches on February 27th, starting right now, the single-player demo will be available to all of you who pre-ordered Killzone 2 from GameStop. Those that pre-ordered in-store should be able to use the voucher card, while those that pre-ordered through GameStop.com should receive your redeemable code later today.

We’ve got 22 days until Killzone 2 deploys exclusively on the PS3.

More info to come soon on how to get one of these…

Killzone 2 Helghast Rifle Replica

(No, it’s not a render… it’s a replica.)

Stay tuned.

- TJ

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ bronxbomber2313 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

Wow the replica looks sick. Can’t wait 4 the game to come out, been waiting since the beta ended

+ Nathan3000 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

Demo only from GameStop via code???

+ Bluprintz on February 5th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

I dont really feel like making a euro account. If anyone has an extra code i’d be much obliged. Otherwise I’ll just wait till the 27th…

cheers

PSN: Bluprintz

+ dime5150 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

The Gamestop preorder peeps are really disgruntled as everyone is able to now play the demo regardless of country. I can see their point. But there is no way i’m going to buy the game from Gamestop. Preordering isn’t necessary anymore. 50 stores within a 5 mile radius will have the game…

I kind of want to wait until 27th to fully experience it. But the other half of me says “try it now!!!!”

+ TakiFuGu on February 5th, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

Pre ordering the game is the only way we’ll get to play the demo?
Sorry but I don’t do pre-orders.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 5th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

Is the code for the KillZone theme working yet? it was suppose to go live two days ago but mine for some reason doesn’t work.

+ Tyger0 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

I’m about to download this RIGHT NOW! Been waiting forever for this game and actually loved the original despite its issues. So glad the team put together a quality project. Just wish there was a multiplayer level included so I could get started early on building up on of those classes.

Great job to all of you guys behind the scenes that put this game together. Should throw up your IDs so we can get in on some multiplayer action. Til then, keepin’ this one in my iron sights.

USN, San Diego

+ TakiFuGu on February 5th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

Oh yeah, I don’t support places like GameStop.

+ wu-stix on February 5th, 2009 at 11:19 am said:

Not going to play the demo. I don’t want to ruin it. Also have been shying away from any videos since the slow motion one and Qore that shows anything about the game.

+ QCVic on February 5th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Congrats on the high scores!! lm downloading the Demo now. That replica looks sweet. Don`t hold out. Let us know how to get it.

+ KINGV84 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

Everybody not reading the above comments, go create a new user, select UK, find a UK address on the internet, and continue creating the UK account and download the demo. DOWNLOAD THE DEMO FROM UK STORE!!!! No need to be complaining.

+ emzee83 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

So where’s the marketing for this game. Haven’t seen any tv commercials for this yet. This game deserves Gears numbers. I want people everywhere tired of seeing Kill Zone memorabilia.

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 5th, 2009 at 2:15 pm said:

I agree with you. We\’re working hard to make this happen. Those TV Commercials you want so badly are coming. We hope it knocks your socks off!

+ KINGV84 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

Go preorder from Amazon.com they are giving you a HOME suit.

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 5th, 2009 at 2:15 pm said:

Actually, 2 HOME suits. ;) ISA and Helghast uniforms.

+ Merilya on February 5th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

oh i want that replica O_O

+ KUSHman666 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

damn i ordered from amazon cause i want sweet home costumes :-P i guess ill wait it out and experience the insanity in the retail copy :-D

+ hermes200 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

So… you have to pay for the game in Gamestop to get a demo so you can decide if you are going to buy the game? That doesn’t sound very reasonable, TJ… I guess somebody forgot the whole idea of why demos exists in the first place.

People, go to the EU store, that way you can get the demo for free, you don’t have to pay gamestop and wait for them to send you the code.

+ KINGV84 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

@63 go make a UK account and download the demo. It has been said multiple times on the previous comments.

+ Plstcsldgr on February 5th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

its a damn good looking game.

+ EagleEyeElite on February 5th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

What if i preordered this game from EB Games on the 22nd? I am still able to get the demo code because if not….well i just can’t wait lol.

+ StalkingSilence on February 5th, 2009 at 11:30 am said:

Shoulda pre-ordered. Oh wellll… I’ll just wait until it comes out or the demo is released to the rest of us bums who are short on cash.

+ FFObsessed on February 5th, 2009 at 11:33 am said:

I would kill many ISA allies for that gun…

+ KINGV84 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

@ 70, and 71

Go make a UK account.

+ EagleEyeElite on February 5th, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

kk thanks a ton. Will do that asap

+ BusyManDan on February 5th, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

tried this morning not up yet. Does anyone know if it’s multiplayer or not? I have had mine for 3 weeks now. Can’t wait to get home.

+ Quixote on February 5th, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

im just curious, can anyone explain why a pre-order from Gamestop must be done to get this Demo in the states, while UK users can dowload for free.

as an aside, its nice to see UK people getting some shinies before the US people for a change (which seems is often the case from blog posts in the past.)

+ Letters2Kay on February 5th, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

I can wait to play the game. I’d rather have the Helghast costume for Home, so I preordered from Amazon (I’ll be waiting a few extra days for shipping, also- but I think it’s worth it). Think about it this way- the demo will be worthless in 22 days, but that costume is still going to be cool years from now…

That rifle is awesome, though. I doubt I’ll be buying any special editions or spending a ton of extra cash on it, but it’d be nice to have. Any chance it’ll be sold by itself?

+ Kamahl_rg on February 5th, 2009 at 11:45 am said:

bah… europe gets it without anything, and my country doesnt even have its own store so i cant play it…

+ Guanuma on February 5th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

This is utterly stupid, plain wrong. Why in the name of GOD should GG lock the demo to require a voucher? Let everyone to play the %#$%^ demo and they will decide if they will get the full game or not. >:-G geez….

BAD FREAKING MOVE!!!!!!

+ JPMCH on February 5th, 2009 at 11:47 am said:

Bad Movement from Sony, I think that the need to release the DEMO today for everyone.

+ flylies on February 5th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

I tried to enter my code at 8:00am this morning and it didn’t work. Anyone else have that problem?

+ SPOOKULA209 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

I just used my code to download it, gonna play later today. if u dont have a code make a euro account its up on the european store right now for free, no preorder. if not make a euro account.

+ MUSTANG750R on February 5th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

OMG yes!! My sister and I have been going CRAZY for this thank you! How can I get that replica? I’ve been collecting posters from gamestop and that would look nice with my collection.

+ VivaGardner on February 5th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

The game seems fun.

The demo is super-duper short I felt though.

Seems like it is going to be one of my favorite games, even though the hype may be a bit much.

+ Guanuma on February 5th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

I wonder, why is that if SONY doesn’t mess it up at the beginning, it will do it an the end…… Can someone explain to me from a PR or marketing point of view how can the locking move help the game? please anyone? maybe I’m missing something….

+ Tr3p1dat10n on February 5th, 2009 at 11:55 am said:

Played the demo. I’ll be getting it for sure. I’m a bad person. ):

+ ANUBUSNYC on February 5th, 2009 at 11:56 am said:

Nice sign me up for one of those bad boys!!

+ Chase167 on February 5th, 2009 at 11:56 am said:

the demo is real short and sweet

+ alexbhpeur on February 5th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

Why? WHY? WHYYYY? Gamestop? Those guys suck…

I didn’t preordered at Gamestop, (I did at Bestbuy), and I have the demo due to my european account… so PEOPLE do not preorder at Gamestop.

I like how Sony market these things but Gamestop… WHY???

+ TerryVSL on February 5th, 2009 at 12:01 pm said:

I can’t believe how utterly insane the graphics look in person. I’ve never in all my years of playing console games seen a game that so totally destroys every other game in graphics as Killzone 2.

If only we could all go back in time to the release of the original trailer when everyone was screaming about how graphics of this level would never be possible on a console for another generation at the earliest.

What is crazy about Killzone 2 is usually the smaller the screenshot the better games look because it hides the flaws. But with Killzone 2 its the exact opposite in that seeing in person at full resolution lets you see the amazing and unprecdented detail.

I don’t see how any company can still use that crappy old Unreal Engine from Epic. Killzone doesn’t just make Unreal Engine based games look like sad jokes, it even makes the fake marketing shots companies love to put out from that stupid engine a joke.

+ xenorevlis on February 5th, 2009 at 12:01 pm said:

Please please PLEASE put that gun replica as an item on the PlayStation Store. If it’s $100 or less I’m buying one!

Anyway, great demo. Love the little details, although since I used to be a game tester (at Sony no less) I ran into some bugs. None of took away from the experience though.

Man I missed Killzone 2. Finally my multiplayer withdrawals have been dealt with <3

+ GhostStan on February 5th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

my code dont work i have try for hours call custumer support no help to try again tomorrow if dont work call back grrrr

+ leetfoo on February 5th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

Just thought I’d pop in and mention how disgusted I am with this whole “pre-order the game to get the demo” junk. Demos are supposed to be to decide if you like a game…
Luckily, this whole scam is totally bypassed by simply registering a EU acccount (Just like Locoroco 2!), so I’ll be trying the game out without preorder anyway.

+ WillAllon on February 5th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

Well i just played the demo and my father was looking over my shoulder, when i told my father about Killzone 2 he thought it would just be another shooter… After seeing me play the demo he changed his mind :) and pre-ordered it for him. (We got 2 ps3′s)

(I pre-ordered it a few days ago ^^)

+ THEdirtybacon on February 5th, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

That gun really is a work of art.

I didn’t realize the demo was gonna be for pre-orders only :( I don’t feel like going through the whole UK store process…

+ NeoHumpty on February 5th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

I’m betting if you dug deep enough you would find that the companies you have to pre-ordered from have a deal with Sony of America(or Canada). That’s why you can’t download it with an American ID. Fortunately I have an EU account and a Japanese account. I’m guessing Sony doesn’t care if you go around Gamestop….why would they? It’s common knowledge that Gamestop screws them out of millions of dollars every year. If not, then Playstation would be deleting all of these comments telling you how to get it from EU. It’s not that hard to get, people. Just Gamestop making money off of stupid people again. Once you download it, you can play it on your normal log-in usually.

+ Neozeed on February 5th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

Great Demo!!!

+ PhoenixP3K on February 5th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

Breaking News: Spike in UK PSN accounts as millions of PS3 gamers want to get their hands on the Killzone 2 demo. @phoenixp3k

+ mahunoy on February 5th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

I want the replica. I will trade any of my high end airsoft gun for it. that will be a cool addition to my collections.

@TJ does shoot BB’s or is it just a replica?

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ TJ Consunji on February 5th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

LOL. Nope, the replica doesn\’t fire BB\’s. If it did, our Legal team wouldn\’t let me give them away as prizes…

Oops… think I\’ve said too much… more details coming…

+ los30 on February 5th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

hey…..i got the killzone 2 demo code from gamestop…..but when i put the code in it say that it is not valid…….and today is the 5 of feb…..do u know when i can download the killzone 2 demo or wat time?????????????

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 5th, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

The demo is live. Try it again.

+ VenomUK on February 5th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

I live in the UK, played the demo earlier – It is the dogs b****ks!

Stunning graphics, and really solid gameplay. I’ve got the metal case pre-ordered. My advice is order while its hot! May I suggest to all my international PlayStation friends that you download it from the UK store now, and maybe in return you could allow us access to the USA video store?!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6