Far Cry 4

Pre-order Killzone 2 at GameStop, Play the Demo Now!

TJ Consunji's Avatar + Posted by TJ Consunji on Feb 05, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager

Hello All…

It’s TJ from the Marketing Team, back again for another update on Killzone 2.

A ton of Killzone 2 reviews have posted & the game is already receiving critical acclaim, including 5 Editor’s Choice awards from various media.

IGN Editors' Choice PTOM Editors' Choice GamePro Editors' Choice

GameSpy Editors' Choice GameZone Editors' Choice

If you just can’t wait until Killzone 2 launches on February 27th, starting right now, the single-player demo will be available to all of you who pre-ordered Killzone 2 from GameStop. Those that pre-ordered in-store should be able to use the voucher card, while those that pre-ordered through GameStop.com should receive your redeemable code later today.

We’ve got 22 days until Killzone 2 deploys exclusively on the PS3.

More info to come soon on how to get one of these…

Killzone 2 Helghast Rifle Replica

(No, it’s not a render… it’s a replica.)

Stay tuned.

– TJ

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ Don-Pinguino on February 5th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

can we get some KZ2 avatars (Sev, Rico etc) on the PSN.

+ Mosh_Pit on February 5th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

I’m downloading the demo at the moment..so slow.. can’t wait to finish… anyways can’t wait for killzone 2 and omg I want that gun!!!

+ DeanoXD on February 5th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

so buying my PS3, being a Qore, subscriber, a PSN supporter, isn’t enough to be able to play the demo before the release of the game? way to go Sony, well i know everyone and their dog will buy this game but i am think i will pass.

+ AllTheParts on February 5th, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

DeanoXD:

The demo will still be released to all a day before killzone 2 is out.
If you really want it now just get it from the UK store.

+ ClinToN on February 5th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

What upsets me is that I’m sure this replica won’t be up for Canadians to grab.

I’ll be especially ticked if I see this up on ebay from the winner.

+ RamboFX on February 5th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

i am having a problem i have downloaded the killzone2 demo but when i try to install it, it keeps saying an error occured during install operation, it has been like this for hours :(

+ ye11ow-pharmacy on February 5th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

Played the demo, played the beta, and now I not so patiently wait for the full release. Thank you Guerilla. :)

+ Zhi13 on February 5th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

I pre ordered yesterday and my gamestop said that to give them my email so the code would arrive and it hasnt appeared on my inbox yet…

+ todwurst on February 5th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

@204 Clinton,
If it has any real parts like the Aliens Pulse Rifle, it would probably never get across the border. :(

+ kenshinhimurasz on February 5th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

OMG This game is awesome!!!!!!! just dl the demo and a couple of words come to mind “Best Game Ever!!!”, When I first played the demo i was at first stunned at the detail there were in the cinematic and was kind of in shock i was so excited to play, i ran right into motor fire that i saw coming from miles away but was to blown away by the graphic that i didn’t really care if i died. I played the demo about 5 times and every time i play it the supporting chars would say something different every time, and the bullet physics really made the game fun, but when the game saves at the check point or loading point it lags a bit and i hope that doesn’t happen in the game because it kind of take you out of the game but when its done your back right into the immersion.

+ coppi6976 on February 5th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

DEMO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!KILLZOWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ meatwadsicle on February 5th, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

man give the replica i saw your comment that your given them away

+ chanskie on February 5th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

Well…..just downloaded from the UK or Australia PSN account….easy to create an account to use….so you all can try the demo…and this is the part i love about PSN.

+ Akibara12 on February 5th, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

Awesome, I hope you guys will be giving out at least more than 200 of those cause I really want one :3

+ JKC31 on February 5th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

Song and dance for the average gamer to get anything out of the PS3 continues. Played the demo and it was good fun.

+ UNDER_DOG3 on February 5th, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

FIRST I Preordered and got my code but it’s worthless to me since I used a UK account and got the demo hours earlier. GS next time when we give us something with a preorder be sure that it is somehow beneficial.
SECOND Sony needs to make the Playstation brand equal for all across every territory.

+ GANGREEN167 on February 5th, 2009 at 5:36 pm said:

I don’t know why but how come my dualshock does not rumble I’ve check several time to make sure the rumble feature is on to no luck please help!

+ ChainClutch on February 5th, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

Hey thanks for the reply David Bull, yes i do know about that feature and i do have a PSP, however at my work I have no near by “hot spots” so i still wouldnt have been able to access the internet via wifi with my PSP so i wouldnt have been able to use my PSP to log on and start downloading. but thanks anyway. This demo is UNREAL! beyond anything i’ve ever played! and thank you so much GG for giving us the option of “hold on zoom” thank you thank you! (tip: use Alt 2 control type)

+ BZKlint on February 5th, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

Sure looks like a rendering…

+ DaxMontana on February 5th, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

I’m stunned that you folks would lie about the image not being a rendering…when it’s clearly a rendering (and not a replica).

Did the fiasco surrounding the original Killzone 2 trailer teach you nothing?

Or was the whole “it’s not a rendering” comment just meant as a funny allusion to your previous lie/blunder?

Ballsy. That’s for certain.

+ gordonguy on February 5th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

the demo is great. go pre-order this game!!!

+ Thrill_Kill on February 5th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Thanks GG for this update! I will be buying Killzone 2 on launch date (just like I did with Killzone 1).

I, among many others, refuse to buy anything from GameStop. I will never shop in that store ever again, no matter what free things they give away. So I decided to just download the demo from the Euro Store like many others.

Thanks for the Demo! and PLEASE for the love of everything on earth, make a collectors edition! This game so much deserves a collectors edition. I got my CE of Resistance 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4…. I want a KILLZONE 2 CE please, no matter where it comes from I want it.

Also, please answer me this question. I noticed the USA version of HAZE was edited but the Euro one is not, same with SIREN. Is Killzone 2 going to be complete when it comes out in the USA or do I need to import the German version to get an unedited version? I do NOT want a version that is censored. Please reply and Thank you.

+ punguy on February 5th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

hey i ordered got a code.it seems like the code is not working

+ WARRIOR4CHRIST on February 5th, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

I just finished the KILLZONE 2 demo and its sooooo awsome. On a scale from 1-10.Its a 10. Only negative for me is too much cursing but you need to look past that. Cant wait for the game 2/27/09

+ caliblue15 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

Thanks TJ,

The Theme now works, it went up with the PS Store Update, even tough the voucher said 2/3/09.

I’m fine with that, but I wish we were give a heads up or the voucher said dates my change like the demo voucher.

Anyways it looks cool.

Thanks,

caliblue15

+ caliblue15 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

And we need an edit button on this blog.

I wish we were given*

+ packy17 on February 5th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

Thanks. Got my code, played the demo, and it rocks.

To all of the people using the EU store…
If that’s what you want to do, fine. But honestly, you shouldn’t be announcing it here. You’re just giving Sony things to fix. Plus, why wouldn’t you want to preorder this game? A lot of hard work has gone into this, and GG deserves all that it has coming.

By the way, TJ, when you mentioned the replicas as “prizes”, you kinda reinforced my theory about how to obtain them…

Multiplayer tournament at launch???? :)

+ imex99 on February 5th, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

Can I share my code? I read that you could share with up to 5 people, is that true?

+ todwurst on February 5th, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

The game is *beautiful*!
The controls feel a bit “floaty” like how UT would act on some machines when the mouth smoothing was enabled. I cranked up the sensitivity and most of it went away, but it still feels slightly sluggish. Not enough to deter me from wanting it :)
I’d like to be able to use R2 for the zoom instead of R3 as well, but oh well :)

+ DPyro on February 5th, 2009 at 7:23 pm said:

I hope this Killzone 2 contest includes Canada. We always get left out of these things! :(

+ JpaQ on February 5th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

I pre-ordered at gamestop and got the Code, but after trying multiple times throughout today, i still kept getting
“The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid.”

So instead i went and DLed the UK demo about an hour ago, and the game Looks GREAT, FREAKING GREAT!!

I keep hearing the multiplayer is even better, so i’m psyched and cant wait to buy the game when it comes out.

Still cant DL the US demo with the gamestop voucher, but oh well.

+ Confucius89 on February 5th, 2009 at 8:15 pm said:

Good stuff can’t wait to try the demo and purchase the game later on.

+ Cannonater on February 5th, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

Or you could just make a UK account and download it without pre-ordering at all!

+ Ikki_Fenix on February 5th, 2009 at 8:44 pm said:

This game looks soo good

+ disunion on February 5th, 2009 at 9:11 pm said:

10:09 PM Arizona Time and my voucher from Gamestop still doesn’t work.

+ Ivan_Krazy on February 5th, 2009 at 10:44 pm said:

AHHH official Playstation Magazine is so BIAS!

+ Ivan_Krazy on February 5th, 2009 at 10:53 pm said:

Killzone 1 was very bad… and this one is till meh, nothing too great. You cannot swap pistol for 2nd assault rifle or rocket ever! The movements feel disconnected and you guys have added too much delay as you move. Ground textures look a little flat in places. Gameplay and limited weapon pickups make me say no thank you to Killzone 2. I also played the Beta last November here in Australia and there were only a number of people selected to play the beta, the guy there was in charge of Killzone 2 in Europe. Was not and still am not happy…. so Call Of Duty 5 I will get very soon anyways!

+ neorudemovement on February 5th, 2009 at 11:21 pm said:

i have to say im a bit pressed.

i usually try to avoid gamestop due to the way i hear employees thereonly push the xbox to people.

the other day i was at a different one near my house and the 3 workers seemed very pro ps3 so i decided to lift my personal ban onspending money there. i purchased the new bluetooth kepypad and pre-ordered K2.

i asked how many people had pre-ordered it and they had said only 20 people at that store(feb 2nd).

so today i saw i was supposed to get a voucher/code and i called and spoke to the exact kid who i pre-ordered from and he honestly told me they were only given 4 cards!!!

i find this so hard to believe, i honestly think its more like they want to sell them on ebay or some crap like that.

anyways….i now have no demo and im almost back to hating gamestop but trying to just get over it seeing the reason i hated them in the 1st place was because i always overheard employees bashing ps3.

guess i have to go enter a phony uk address now to my new euro acct….. whatever

+ neorudemovement on February 5th, 2009 at 11:21 pm said:

and oh, basically what im saying is….

do like i was going to do in the 1st place, order it from amazon for the deal and skip gamestop

+ VictorWYC on February 6th, 2009 at 12:05 am said:

wanna ask… why the EU PS Store can have the demo so early…

+ CarlosX360 on February 6th, 2009 at 12:14 am said:

I want to play the demo, but sucks that we have to use the EU server for a walk-around. I need to get impressions of the game.

+ Gumbydunzeeto on February 6th, 2009 at 1:11 am said:

Shouldn’t you be pushing this demo as much as you can to try and sell the game, instead of giving it out as a pre-order bonus?

That just seems to make more sense.

+ vx_m4rk on February 6th, 2009 at 2:16 am said:

As difficult as it is to resist the hype machine that is the Playstation Blog! I don’t think I will buy Killzone 2 just yet.

I’ve been very disappointed recently with Resistance 2 and Farcry 2 especially, the controls in those games feel awful, aiming is frustrating and imprecise. After playing Killzone 2 I was left with the same impression, the controls may not be as bad granted, but they are far from perfect (Call of Duty 4 being my benchmark!)

It may be all well and good that the graphics are some of the best but after playing Farcry 2 and feeling let down with that game, I’m not going to get bitten a second time.

+ X_OwNeR_X on February 6th, 2009 at 3:50 am said:

Create a EU account and you can download the demo in the EU store ;)

+ acmilanboy on February 6th, 2009 at 4:27 am said:

This is really stupid, just download the demo for EU PS Store.

+ icechai on February 6th, 2009 at 5:50 am said:

i’m sorry but this is just ridiculously dumb to have a demo of the game you preorder as the bonus while excluding the rest of North America.

If I preordered a game, a demo won’t help me, the only thing it would do is possibly make me want to CANCEL my preorder. Luckily I’ve played in the beta and I’m in already (preordered Amazon).

Don’t you guys want more players to play this game and potentially buy it/preorder it? What kind of strategy is this?

+ Tyger0 on February 6th, 2009 at 6:20 am said:

I just finished the demo and man is my mind blown. I immediately called one of my boys over to play it. He’s an avid 360 fan (nobody’s perfect, I know) soon as he finished it he held the controller for 20 mins and asked me where the nearest game store was. Haven’t seen em since. Hope Killzone didn’t make him spontaneously combust.

BTW that gun looks sweet! Gotta give me one, Im going to Iraq in a few weeks and would love to show that off to a few of my buds rollin with me. Holla!

+ mafecto on February 6th, 2009 at 6:56 am said:

Just got the demo fom the EU store…amazing!
This game is just badass…cannot wait!!!

+ DaxMontana on February 6th, 2009 at 7:10 am said:

“Alternate 2″ control setting with “Hold ZOOM” checked seems to be the closest scheme to COD4.

Having to click the scope button a second time (to disengage it) is annoying so I definitely like the “Hold ZOOM” option. In my opinion, it should be on as a default.

+ TrickyWon on February 6th, 2009 at 7:44 am said:

I pre-ordered the game immediately as soon as I saw the demo was available, and after a day, still no code, WTF

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6