Farpoint

Feb 05

Feb 05

Pre-order Killzone 2 at GameStop, Play the Demo Now!

TJ Consunji's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager

Hello All…

It’s TJ from the Marketing Team, back again for another update on Killzone 2.

A ton of Killzone 2 reviews have posted & the game is already receiving critical acclaim, including 5 Editor’s Choice awards from various media.

IGN Editors' Choice PTOM Editors' Choice GamePro Editors' Choice

GameSpy Editors' Choice GameZone Editors' Choice

If you just can’t wait until Killzone 2 launches on February 27th, starting right now, the single-player demo will be available to all of you who pre-ordered Killzone 2 from GameStop. Those that pre-ordered in-store should be able to use the voucher card, while those that pre-ordered through GameStop.com should receive your redeemable code later today.

We’ve got 22 days until Killzone 2 deploys exclusively on the PS3.

More info to come soon on how to get one of these…

Killzone 2 Helghast Rifle Replica

(No, it’s not a render… it’s a replica.)

Stay tuned.

– TJ

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6

Brlito said:

February 6th, 7:45 am

Guys, you’ve made some marketing mistakes in the past. Please please don’t do it again.

MASS PRODUCE THIS GUN AND SELL IT.

I would gladly pay an extra $75++ for a replica gun like I did with the GoW2 Lancer. Hell I wanted that replica Bullseye you guys had but sadly; NOT AVAILABLE. An extra $100 you guys could’ve made.

Brlito said:

February 6th, 8:10 am

^supporting what I said earlier!^

SELLING LIKE HOT CAKES. NOW GO MAKE SOME MONEY.

Dardantuan said:

February 6th, 9:11 am

Well, I didnt get my pre-order code from Gamestop, appears they only got like 5 or six vouchers in the store, and about 17 total pre-orders. That is just dumb. I also have to agree with the others here, it is pretty stupid to offer a demo of a game as a pre-order incentive. Why not use the demo to try and lure people to buy that are not already committed to it? Luckily, I downloaded the demo from the EU store, and it is pretty awesome.

Just one major gripe – PLEASE GIVE US CONTROL OVER CUSTOM BUTTON MAPPING IN THE FINAL RELEASE OF THE GAME! If I was able to swap the melee to R3 and down-the-barrel aiming to L1 / L2 I would be completely satisfied.

mdaxis said:

February 6th, 9:15 am

The replica is awesome and bloody love the demo

cronqvist said:

February 6th, 9:39 am

Well, if the replica is a prize then that means everyone living outside the U.S. is screwed… :(

I played the demo yesterday, and it’s bloody awesome. You should release it way before Feb 26, as it would increase the hype (yes, even more!) and get a few more people get down on those pre-orders.

DaxMontana said:

February 6th, 10:41 am

The “replica” is clearly a computer rendering.

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

sNsKid said:

February 6th, 11:02 am

Is the demo the final build of the game? o.o’

bkool18 said:

February 6th, 11:16 am

Killzone 2 is Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lp47 said:

February 6th, 1:27 pm

I live in Canada and pre-ordered from EB Games. The demo is amazing!! I only hope this replica isnt limited edition, or a contest prize. I would like to buy one.

GaryBarth said:

February 7th, 12:04 am

Sorry DaxMontana, you’re incorrect. What you’re looking at is truly a 1:1 scale physical replica and not a CG rendering. Trust me, I know.

More from TJ later.

Gary

alaM0000 said:

February 7th, 12:25 am

SEE U GUYS ONLINE!!!! :D

alaM0000 said:

February 7th, 2:37 am

Can’t Wait!!!! :O

itbteky said:

February 7th, 3:08 am

are there new cards being generated? i pre purchased mine @ gamestop but scratched it off to hard and my roomie gave me his yesterday but it doesnt work . know how to get a replacemnet if u pre purchaseD?

DaxMontana said:

February 7th, 9:54 am

#260 GaryBarth

Gary, you’re wrong, despite what you think you “know”. Shadows aren’t aliased in real-life. Nor do straight lines displayed stair-stepping in real life (ie: like the poorly textured legs of the table in this CG image).

They may indeed have a real replica of this gun, but the image shown in this blog is not real.

SLICK_T said:

February 7th, 9:56 am

You know I’m in the US and someone in these blogs mentioned how to play this DEMO NOW! All ya have to do is make a UK account and BAM Download the free demo Now not 2 weeks from now or have to blow your money to try a demo. You know what pisses me off and why I even sold my PSP 3000 last week is their is no SUPPORT for games on the USA PSN for it. I looked on the UK and they have crap loads of PSP games to buy and demos to try we here in America get the boot you guys should be a shamed of yourselves SONY. Treating us Americans like we are Rich and should buy demos 99% of the time and other countries get this crap for free weeks before us half the time. Oh and to get my point accross what is this HYPE about the Killzone 2 game being the best Graphic’s aroung LOL LOL LOL LOL thats a Joke right? I have PLAYED this demo and to me it looks no better than the COD4 or 5 games. Just different button layouts and different stuff to do. Same look to me and SAME GRAPHIC’S to me as well. What a HYPE you guys are pulling and the Graphic’s aren’t Top notch either STOP lieing to us. GOD!!

DaxMontana said:

February 7th, 9:57 am

…and I certainly hope to hear more from TJ. But hopefully not more bold-face lies.

Yannick said:

February 7th, 11:06 am

@TJ Consunji, David Bull
Game already pre-ordered in UK (since I’m in Europe…) well the REAL question about Killzone 2 is:

Which video output is recommended by Guerrilla to 1080p tv users? 8)
-720p (default video output)
-forced 1080p upscale (able by unticking 720p & 1080i while 1080p is kept in the XMB video settings).

Ongoing Discussion thread in the official Euro PlayStation forum ensues.

lu1sinh0 said:

February 7th, 1:23 pm

oh come on just tell me how many dudes i have to kill online to get this.

by the way the demo is awesome, cant wait for this game, im gettin it day one.

XAM310 said:

February 7th, 4:35 pm

is the replica going to be a prize

guitarist102691 said:

February 7th, 7:38 pm

I WANT THIS REPLICA!!! I’m A HUGE FAN OF KILLZONE GAMES!!! THIS IS MY FAVORITE SET OF GAMES!!! THE FIRST ONE WAS AMAZING AND HAD A GREAT STORY!!! KILLZONE 2 FROM JUST PLAYING THE DEMO I KNOW ITS GOING TO BE MY FAVORITE GAME FOR A LONG TIME!!!!!!! I NEVER GOT SO INTO A GAME AND HOW THEIRS SO MANY THINGS GOING AT ONCE IT’s AMAZING AND REALLY DOES TEST THE PS3’s POWER!!! LOVE IT!!!! I HOPE THE REPLICA IS GIVEN TO PEOPLE WHO PRE-ORDERED FOR FREE BECAUSE If It Costs a lot of money to get it I won’t be able to afford because I don’t have a job and it’s hard to get one in THIS DANG ECONOMY!!!!

extravegant said:

February 8th, 12:14 am

@ 265
this is why you wont be a computer game design major…
the graphics are clearly far better than cod5 or cod4 which are great but really flawed. i had cod4 was an “ok” game because the very good guys could not stand out from the noobs. its soo easy to kill people in both games thats why i preferred bfbc a game that requires more skill than both games and uses a stronger engine than cod games.

SLICK_T said:

February 8th, 11:45 am

Killzone looks the same as COD4 and 5 sorry man it just does.

VISTA_H8R said:

February 8th, 11:50 am

thats an awesome replica and i hope its a REAL gun too so you can shoot stuff XD and by the way the preorder theme from best buy is sweet

Morpheus1112 said:

February 14th, 12:01 pm

is the demo version will look like the original vesion in resolution?

PAGE 1 4 5 6