PS4 - Transistor

Qore Episode 09 Next Week – Featuring RE5, MLB 09 The Show and The Godfather II

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Feb 05, 2009 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

The February episode of Qore’s got variety and new technology.

Resident Evil 5 in QoreVision
With all the talk about the co-op game play in Resident Evil 5, the Qore team has developed a sweet new way for you to experience it. Using your PS3 controller, you can switch between character viewpoints in real-time during our walkthrough to better understand the strategies involved.

The Godfather II
Making a game based upon one of the most beloved movies in cinematic history is a huge challenge, but for The Godfather II Veronica Belmont discovered that the developers at Electronic Arts captured the spirit of the film – with sizzling blackhand combat enhancements and the new “Don’s View.”

Pitchers and Catchers Report
With baseball’s spring training getting underway this month, Audrey Cleo reports on the new features and gorgeous visuals of MLB 09 The Show.

Digital Destruction
At LucasArts in San Francisco, the Qore team breaks down the animated magic of Digital Molecular Matter – the unique technology used to create realistic destruction in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

As for downloadable content, we’ve got two new exclusive Killzone 2 themes and a voucher for the PSone classic Syphon Filter.* We’re celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the espionage classic created by Sony’s Bend Studio, whose latest project, Resistance: Retribution, is coming to the PSP in March.

Qore Episode 09 arrives on February 12.

* *E-mail vouchers will be provided to annual subscribers. Single episode purchasers will also receive a Syphon Filter voucher via e-mail, provided that they purchase Qore Episode 09 on or before March 31.

107 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Pucci2099 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:06 am said:

Looks like its gonna be great, can’t wait!

+ Don-Pinguino on February 5th, 2009 at 6:13 am said:

looks like a great episode…awesome looking Killzone theme too :)

+ ToKeN2k6 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:14 am said:

great, content for a game (Godfather II) that’s been delayed!! otherwise can’t wait!

+ TERWALLACE on February 5th, 2009 at 6:15 am said:

The swappable viewpoint tour of RE5 sounds pretty interesting. To be honest, I never even thought about that kind of interconnectivity. Well done! (Oh, and thanks for Syphon Filter!)

Hey, odd idea here, but do you think we’d ever see something like an end of the year Qore compilation on a Blu-ray disc? The reason I ask is that there many segments or episodes I would like to keep, but having each episode weigh in at anywhere from 1.3 to 1.8 gigs, the hard drive starts to fill up pretty quick! Any thoughts?

+ bigdaddyjane on February 5th, 2009 at 6:18 am said:

Why didn’t sony add the KZ 2 demo to this qore episode.

+ cowboyd21 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:18 am said:

look good and will have alot of stuff to download but i hate to go off topic but i was just wondering have anyone try downloading the k2 demo from gamestop today? i try to and it keep telling me code is invalid do i have to wait later today 2 try agin or call gamestop for a new code ? if i have to call gamestop for a new code then i will just wait to download it from the psn later today . i really hate buying games from gamestop because of problem like this am not mad just asking for help.

+ IceReign on February 5th, 2009 at 6:18 am said:

Free psOne game sounds great to me.

+ scorpio182 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:22 am said:

Dido, free PSONE game.

Thanks SONY..

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:22 am said:

KZ2 demo today?

+ projectx126 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:22 am said:

looks great.. but where is the really good downloades.im sayin this cuz i was lookin forward to a killzone 2 demo not a theme :(, but great dl 4 the ppl that dont have syphon filter.

+ cowboyd21 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:25 am said:

have anyone had any problem downloading k2 ?

+ blackmoses11 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:27 am said:

Cool but……why the wait till next week? Inpatient I know……

+ adolson on February 5th, 2009 at 6:27 am said:

Glad I subscribed. :) The RE5 feature seems cool.

+ blackmoses11 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:27 am said:

Impatient , Impatient….man we need an edit feature….lol!!

+ ijustw1n on February 5th, 2009 at 6:30 am said:

Godfather 2 was just super delayed so it’s not very topical.

+ Stoffinator on February 5th, 2009 at 6:34 am said:

See, now this makes Qore worth its money. Free PSOne game.

+ TheZed88 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:41 am said:

Syphon Filter for free!! I was on the fense about renewing my annual subscription. Keep up great bonuses like this and its a no brainer.

+ ADR143 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:46 am said:

free ps one game is pretty cool

+ projectx126 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:46 am said:

NOTIN NEW 4 ME :( CUZ I GOT SF, the ps1 gm u all hype 4

+ GGCAN on February 5th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

Thanks Kevin…always look forward to these mthly subscriptions.

+ SeanScythe on February 5th, 2009 at 6:49 am said:

FFVII just had their 12th Anniversary can we get that as a Downloadable game?

+ reson8er on February 5th, 2009 at 6:50 am said:

@#17 They are great, indeed. But Qore desperately needs more content. In the last episode, Veronica flew all the way out to Amsterdam and all Qore subscribers got was like a 5 minute video.

When I hear Qore was going there, I expected and wanted interviews with the art team, the sound team, etc. I was so let down to just get one video of one person telling us a lot of things we already knew. This really felt like a wasted opportunity.

As stated, I will renew my subscription when they give us more (and more in depth) coverage on these premier games. Qore has done it in the past, but even then subscribers should expect a little more than what we get now.

+ sNsKid on February 5th, 2009 at 6:56 am said:

This episode I am very excited for. :]

+ Ftwrthtx on February 5th, 2009 at 7:16 am said:

What is the official word on Godfather 2??

+ lakaiHIGH on February 5th, 2009 at 7:45 am said:

syphon filter def sweetens the deal. ill be sure to check this out!

peace,
Lh

+ StalkingSilence on February 5th, 2009 at 7:55 am said:

Already own Syphon Filter :(

+ hife on February 5th, 2009 at 8:08 am said:

Wow, don’t care for the featured games this month really, but I like what’s being done in this episode! Good job.

+ Jezer29 on February 5th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

@26 We’re in the same boat.. :(

+ WEALLLOVELUNA on February 5th, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

is it just me, or does qore look for what you’ve already downloaded and then give it to you free, come on people, give us something exclusive… like access to more beta’s

+ NARDE15 on February 5th, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

SF Me thinks this will make a nice psp game!

+ KazeEternal on February 5th, 2009 at 8:22 am said:

hmmm 6 dollars on Qore with a bunch of content that will most likely amount to a steaming pile of … you get the idea, or just buy syphon filter from the store for the same price.

Get more and better content then we’ll talk.

+ KUSHman666 on February 5th, 2009 at 8:26 am said:

i cant wait to see our sexy host of qore again ;-D

+ Kodros on February 5th, 2009 at 8:28 am said:

Qore is $3 champ.

+ ruibing on February 5th, 2009 at 8:40 am said:

Sweet, I’m glad to be an annual subscriber.

+ Zookey on February 5th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

Just throwin’ this out there

I LOVE FREE STUFF

yay for Syphon Filter–never played it but you can’t argue with free.

LOL I love in the PlayStation News you guys linked the Rise Faithful Servant Penny Arcade comic—the minute I saw that my internet fanboy kicked in and I had to direct everyone’s attention I knew to it and go on a little tirade about why I made the right choice and now PA apparently agrees haha.

But, back on topic, YAY FOR FREEEEEEEE!

+ Moosehole on February 5th, 2009 at 8:55 am said:

Wait, so we’re not getting this until NEXT week? And even then we won’t the the PS One game until the end of MARCH?

LOL.

+ zombie9 on February 5th, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

Resistance: Retribution DEMO should be free with Qore.. PSP 1st!!! come on SONY Please!!!

+ KazeEternal on February 5th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

@33
so you’re right…. hmmm ok I’ll take the bait if that is episode only.

+ shadow763 on February 5th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

Sony, this is how you ned to package Qore. If you start including ps1 games and stuff on a more consistent basis, if not monthly, I will be an annual subscriber.

Get on it!!!

+ AGQ0105 on February 5th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

Make Qore Free, then i’ll get it. LOL

+ zophar53 on February 5th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

Cool, sounds like a good episode! Just one question, do you still get Syphon Filter if you buy the episode by itself or do you have to be an annual subscriber to get it?

+ TheSmokingManX on February 5th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

The last bit is pretty unclear – will vouchers be sent out ‘on or before March 31′ or will vouchers be sent to people who purchase Qore ‘on or before March 31′?

+ trustter on February 5th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

I think this is one of the best Qore episode.
Thanks for Syphon Filter. This is pretty nice of you guys.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on February 5th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

I just played the KZ2 demo fromthe uk store and I am not really impressed. I know I earlier said I wouldn’t play it but you can’t criticize anything until you’ve tried it. A FIVE MINUTE DEMO GUYS. Come on, it’s people like “ME” that you have to impress. This didn’t. Sorry but pass this one along to the next guy. As for the quore issue, I’ll buy that for the psone game for sure. Cheerio.

+ kentfallskiller on February 5th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

@ ALL THOSE WONDERING WHERE THEIR KILLZONE 2 DEMOs ARE..

they delayed the release about a week ago until the 26th… so you can only get it a day before you’ll have the actual game… HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

+ scorpio182 on February 5th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

I just download KILLZONE 2 DEMO!!!!

Woohooo… will post later with thoughts…

+ musashi1290 on February 5th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

@46 that’s If u have not preordered from gamestop of course

+ MUGEN02 on February 5th, 2009 at 9:53 am said:

First thursday every month my….

+ iceman3828 on February 5th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

hey do u think that i could get a awesome cool free issue of Qore seeing as it is my b-day 2 morrow 6 Feb pls

psn ID: iceman3828