PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Punisher: No Mercy, Exclusively on PSN this Spring!

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar + Posted by Zsolt Kigyossy on Feb 05, 2009 // Managing Director, Zen Studios

Punisher, exclusive to PSN

Zsolt from ZEN Studios here. You might remember me from when we announced the PSN-exclusive upcoming title, The Punisher: No Mercy! That was way back in September, but I assure you we haven’t fallen off the map! We’ve just been working diligently to build an awesome first-person shooter for all you Punisher fans. That being the case, we do have some new exciting announcements.

First, we’ve just released six cool new screenshots for the upcoming arena-based first-person shooter. We’ve included two here, but if you want to check out all six you’ll need to head on over to www.marvel.com.

Punisher, exclusive to PSN

Also, for all you fans that can’t wait for the Punisher to hit PSN, we’ve just nailed down a Spring release date. So come this Spring, get ready for punishment and live out your desire of becoming the next virtual vigilante!

Stay tuned for more details as they become available at www.punishernomercy.com.

73 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Thrasher20 on February 5th, 2009 at 2:33 pm said:

This looks so [DELETED] guys :)

+ Vegaz on February 5th, 2009 at 2:35 pm said:

Hopefully the good stuff won’t be censored like the last Punisher game I played.

+ StupidityTries on February 5th, 2009 at 2:37 pm said:

Local co-op?

+ Moosehole on February 5th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

LOL you “nailed down” a Spring release date? A 4 MONTH window? LMAO waay to “nail” it down!

No offense, and the game does look cool and I’ll probably end up getting it, but it’s just too far off right now for me to care. What is the point of hyping this up right now? It’s not like I can go pre-order it.

With SFIV, KZ2, RE5, and others just around the bend, tell me more about this game when it’s actually going to come out.

+ Mistah_Murkle on February 5th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

Looks really good. Hopefully it will be the new warhawk community wise. Any word on pricing yet?

+ Zhi13 on February 5th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

Looks cool , looking forward to this game. It should had been released with the movie…

+ TheGuardianFID on February 5th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

SWEET, I’VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE *COCKS HIS GUN* “NO MERCY”, MAN I’M CHEESY LOL, SORRY, OK I’LL STOP NOW!!! :P :D

+ skynidas on February 5th, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

Wow, graphics look really cool, looking foward to it

+ iCyCo on February 5th, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

graphics look great

+ isolatebody on February 5th, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

The game looks great for a PSN title. I can’t wait for it to get released.

+ Stoffinator on February 5th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

It looks a lot better in those pictures then it did when it was first shown. Might be a interesting game after all.

+ explosive78 on February 5th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

Impressive. PSN is doing big things

+ iCyCo on February 5th, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

the PSN equivalent of Killzone 2 :)

+ NeonReaver on February 5th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

You guys are going to have to try hard to sell me on this one, because I wasn’t impressed by the only trailer that’s been released so far. Maybe a new trailer will be coming up soon?

I still don’t agree with making a character like the Punisher into an FPS. There are enough FPS’s out there now and plus it’s the Punisher! I want to see me kicking ass with him. Not see his guns doing the work. Third person would have and should have been the way to go.

The graphics as well look doubtful from the trailer. I don’t ever say this about PS3 games, because it’s become a cliche, but they looked like PS2 graphics. I’m a hardcore comic fan, so I’m interested by default, but I’ll be waiting on reviews and maybe more footage before I really make a decision. Better yet any chance of a demo?

+ Cipher17 on February 5th, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

Will the game have Iron Sights? See a lot of scopes and red dots, so I’m just wondering. Or will all the firing be from the hip?

+ TerryVSL on February 5th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Very cool.

2009 is looking insane for PS3 exclusives. Some games might get left out because everyone is so broke and overloaded with games to play.

+ CHRP718 on February 5th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Thanks Zen Studios, I will buy this game.
Day 1 :)

+ i_like_toast on February 5th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Looks pretty…but can’t say i’m a big fan of shooters, but depending on the final price point and if i’ve got any free time to game(boo 12 hour days!) i’ll consider picking it up.

PSN games for some reason keep finding their way onto my HDD…

+ NewYork214 on February 5th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

hmm not sure about this game yet. im putting some money on PSN. this game is on my radar.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 5th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

Hopefully this game will bring back some decency to the name “Punisher” the movies ruined it so.

+ GGCAN on February 5th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

I’ll be keeping my eyes open for more posts from you Zsolt.

Looks like a great game.

+ Enigma777 on February 5th, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

I hope this game is good! And that is continuously supported if it is! Ok, time to go back to the KZ2 demo :D

+ Thrasher20 on February 5th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

Whoops! My bad on my part LOL. Anyways, thanks for the many exclusive games. I always liked the Punisher (especially the beat em up from Sega), so I will be looking forward for this baby. :D

+ NOTTULYS on February 5th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Getting this fo sho

+ mckg123456789 on February 5th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

looks like a great game for 20 $. idk the price but im hopping it wont be more then 20$ dont have money for it if its more then 20$ in a game on PSN STORE unless its REALLY but i mean REALLY GOOD GAME like warhawk ill consider gettin another psn card :)

+ Yung_Gunners__ on February 5th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

I want this game today!!!

+ mckg123456789 on February 5th, 2009 at 3:24 pm said:

it looks great but wats the price? i hope its not more then 20 $ dont have enough money in my acc if its higher then 20$ unless its REALLY but i mean REALLY good game like warhawk that cost me 30$ then ill consider gettin another PSN CARD for it :)

+ almighty-slayer on February 5th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

That fire is incredibly painful to look at

+ RosenK87 on February 5th, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

Finally some news. I tought it was cancelled… but spring is close enough for me, and it actually looks like a good FPS, considered it’s a PSN game. Day one buy, I assure you.

Also, nice touch including a few characters from the MAX issues. I hope the single-player campaign is good :)

+ RosenK87 on February 5th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

Oh, and actually… a question: Will those characters actually have different abilities, lets say Barracuda being toughter or Finn Cooley skilled w/ bombs, or they are just an ordinary appareance the player can use?

+ P3nguin_pris0N on February 5th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

The screenshots look fantastic. I’m really eager to try this game out. Will you guys release a demo of some sort? If not, what is the price point you’re shooting for?

Jeff, feel free to answer. ^_^

+ jipmg on February 5th, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

Wow no [DELETED] way guys, that is such a piece of [DELETED] game.

I am getting it, this is the 1st FPS on psn?

+ UNCyrus on February 5th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Looks sick… Looking forward to this

+ blackmoses11 on February 5th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Wow, consider me impressed…..a PSN exclusive FPS?!!! Not bad fellas…..not bad! Looks pretty nice as well. What engine did they use? Havoc? Unreal?

+ lakaiHIGH on February 5th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

color me intrigued. i wanna try this. how big is the download and how much is it?

thanks,
Lh

+ Midgetguy on February 5th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

I’ve been looking forward to this ever since you guys have first announced it! It looks awesome!!!!

Thanks Zsolt!

+ emiru69 on February 5th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

I cant believe people already complaining and whining about screenshots, SCREENSHOTS FOR GOD SAKE!!! What about try to positive or at least respectful with people that are going to be working to next months to finish a game?

For my part, thanks Zsolt and thanks Zen Studios for confirm that the game still going on. Best luck on this project!!

nil carborundum illegitimi

+ mafecto on February 5th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

this game looks DOPE!

+ Don-Pinguino on February 5th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

please support “Home” game launching.

this looks like a great game to launch from home and relax with a few multiplayer matches.

+ HanSolo on February 5th, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

i want it now, not this spring!!!

+ ClinToN on February 5th, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

I like the look of this.

Also the idea of booting up an arena shooter for some quick rounds every now and then pleases me. Can’t wait.

+ Schnacky on February 5th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

feels like UT.. wait it is UT just with a different skin since its the UE engine

+ VincentVendetta on February 5th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

Question: if you punch someone in the face, does it explodes? That would be awesome.

+ WackyWeedCreed on February 5th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

Looks good, i wonder what it plays like.

+ thefjk on February 5th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

Hey Zsolt, just wanted to let you know that you already got my purchase of the game. Just cause it’s exclusive and I like the Punisher am gonna get it day one!

+ bob52 on February 5th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

looks promising, the style is kinda weired but i can dig it

+ randomhero on February 5th, 2009 at 7:27 pm said:

Exclusives are good and something that the PS3 disparately needs. Keep them coming Sony!

+ cusman on February 5th, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

I am all for full game releases on PSN

I have even upgraded my PS3 HDD to 500GB

But they need to tell more about this game. Is it an online only game? Does it have any story mode? What does Arena based FPS mean?

+ Dan-I-Smith on February 5th, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

I will support this kind of effort, looks great.

+ gtagod on February 5th, 2009 at 8:27 pm said:

wow pretty good for PSN game. Crazy how we can just download full games like this now. PS3 is almost exactly like a PC now haha

PAGE 1 2