PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Feb 06, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again! The weekend’s almost here, and that means it’s time for your weekly update of new movie & TV shows on the PlayStation Network.

This week we’ve added the following new HD videos:

HD

• Burn Notice Season 2
  • Xam’d: Lost Memories Season 2
  • 24 Season 7
  • American Teen
  • Coming to America
  • How I Met Your Mother Season 4
  • The Beast Season 1
  • Bones Season 4
  • The Amityville Horror (1979)
  • Righteous Kill

And the following feature films:

Movies:

• American Teen
  • An Inconvenient Truth
  • Capote
  • Coming to America
  • Days of Thunder
  • Radio Flyer
  • Taming of the Shrew
  • The Amityville Horror (1979)
  • The Beach
  • The Verdict
  • Bottle Shock
  • Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist
  • Private Valentine: Blonde and Dangerous
  • The Secret Life of Bees
  • Gym Teacher
  • Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway
  • Righteous Kill

And new video content from the following television series:

TV

• Xavier: Renegade Angel Season 1
  • Bones Season 4
  • Damages Season 2
  • E.R. Season 15
  • Smallville Season 8
  • Supernatural Season 4

And finally, here are our top 10 HD and non-HD movie and TV downloads for the week:

Top Movies

6. Step Brothers
    7. Bangkok Dangerous
    8. Wall-E
    9. The Dark Knight
    10. Hancock

Top TV Episodes

1. Smallville Season 8 “Power”
    2. Watchmen Motion Comic Season 1 “Chapter Ten”
    3. Xam’d: Lost Memories  Season 2 “The Great Rock and the Girl”
    4. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM”
    5. Super Natural Season 4 “After School Special”
    6. Watchmen Motion Comic Season 1 “Chapter One”
    7. Family Guy Season 7 “The Man With Two Brians”
    8. Afro Samurai Season 1″Revenge”
    9. Family Guy Season 7 “I Dream Of Jesus”
    10. Shuffle Season 1 ” The Man Who Could Become a God or a Demon!”

Top HD TV Episodes

1. Xam’d: Lost Memories Season 2 “The Great Rock and the Girl”
    2. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 2:00PM – 3:00PM”
    3. Xam’d: Lost Memories Season 2 “Nakiami and Sannova”
    4. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 1:00PM – 2:00PM”
    5. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 8:00AM – 9:00AM”
    6. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 12:00PM – 1:00PM”
    7. American Dad Season 4 “Chimdale”
    8. 24 Season 7 “Day 7 9:00AM – 10:00AM”
    9. 24 Season 7 “11:00AM – 12:00PM”
    10. The Beast Season 1 “Episode 100 – The Beast Pilot”

49 Comments

+ jayyy91 on February 6th, 2009 at 4:38 am said:

PS3 Fanboy did an interview with SCEE president, David Reeves. He said that downloadable movies will be available in PAL territories later this year.

But my questions is: when will Canada be getting this service?

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/05/we-simply-have-to-suffer-a-little-says-sony-europes-reeves/

+ Thrasher20 on February 6th, 2009 at 4:48 am said:

Ugh, I’m awake very early… but Gym Teacher for the win! I will download it as soon as I turn my PS on.

KILLZONE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just had to :)

+ VincentVendetta on February 6th, 2009 at 4:54 am said:

My movie of the week is…
Capote (2005)

But I’m Canadian so I can’t use this thing. Oh well, I still need to watch my DVD tonight.

+ Ivan_Krazy on February 6th, 2009 at 4:54 am said:

Eh, still prefer DVD!
HDD Corrupt = Doomed For Good!

+ Loco on February 6th, 2009 at 5:20 am said:

Samurai Jack!?, Family guy! Xma’d!!! (wish i could watch it.)

oh man when are you guys taking it up north. (Canada)

+ ChainClutch on February 6th, 2009 at 5:36 am said:

David Bull, can you please please just give us some kind of word that sony is “at least” working with Canada to have this service available up here? we have been waiting long enough. Thanks

+ Slipping_halo on February 6th, 2009 at 5:39 am said:

It sucks that we here in Canada get left in the dark about all this, I just wish you could toss a bone on whats going on with this getting released in other countrys, could you maybe just send me a private message on the psn so I can know something??

+ MUSTANG750R on February 6th, 2009 at 5:43 am said:

Samurai Jack WOOT!! I’m starting to have flashbacks now. Great update, keep it up!

+ MUSTANG750R on February 6th, 2009 at 5:45 am said:

Sorry but I have to say this. Killzone 2 demo=Awesomenessness! Can’t wait for the final product.

+ EVanHelsing on February 6th, 2009 at 5:46 am said:

There’s still no legitimate way to watch Xam’d here in Canada? Way to promote bittorrent, Sony!

+ womfalcs3 on February 6th, 2009 at 5:56 am said:

I’ve begun using this service to rent movies. Older movies are cheap, and it takes little time to get the movie downloaded.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on February 6th, 2009 at 5:56 am said:

After playing the demo several times and taking my time noticing the small details Guerilla has worked on I can say that it looks like the best FPS ever! Now all I need to do is try the MP and it will be KZ2 FTW!!!

+ SpiritThief on February 6th, 2009 at 6:16 am said:

whats the point in all the TV shows?? more movies.

Anyone can take the PS3 broswer and go to a site and watch all those shows at any time for free with no downloading.

—————————
KILLZONE 2! Our Victory is Imminent!!!!!

+ ChainClutch on February 6th, 2009 at 6:16 am said:

I was in the beta and let me tell you, MP is a ton of fun! better then that of COD4, and that was only the beta so im sure the final product has increased slightly in quality. I’ve already played over 5 times through the demo and will probably continue. Its good practice until the final game arrives, the more you play the better you get.

+ Gnubberen on February 6th, 2009 at 6:26 am said:

Europe needs some Movie store love too ya know..

+ feelmuhpino on February 6th, 2009 at 6:29 am said:

What are the odds of seeing Avatar the Last Airbender on the PSN Video Updates?

+ Korbei83 on February 6th, 2009 at 6:38 am said:

What the crap is Xam’d anyway? Is that seriously what it’s called or is that some consistant typo?

+ NoLaws on February 6th, 2009 at 6:51 am said:

Really wish we had an official word with what’s blocking this service from working in Canada ? if it’s the CRTC (Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission) then please start an online petition or tell us how to help you speed things up ??

+ Carnivius_Prime on February 6th, 2009 at 6:52 am said:

Yeah, give us some of this in Europe please. I’d like plenty Batman Beyond and Samurai Jack.

+ Ftwrthtx on February 6th, 2009 at 7:07 am said:

Thanks for the update, Grace.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 6th, 2009 at 7:19 am said:

Please make all movie prices the same (9.99) and more downloads permited.

+ GamerMoney on February 6th, 2009 at 7:25 am said:

I’m a little disappointed, was hoping to see afro samurai resurrection on here…work out a deal with spike to not only get that but some tv shows…maybe some manswers or some tna episodes or ppvs…but please try to get that afro samurai resurrection

+ lakaiHIGH on February 6th, 2009 at 7:26 am said:

please add to live and die in LA. i really wanna see it and its been years.

thanks,
Lh

+ wuboy511 on February 6th, 2009 at 7:40 am said:

The PS3 REALLY needs to get Netflix…
I am never going to rent movies and shows for $5 when I can watch them online for free. (but not on the ps3 because the fullscreen isn’t really full screen).

Netflix is convenient enough to pay for and unlimited. If I want to keep something, I don’t want to own a file…I want a disc. But if I just want to check something out, subscription based payment is the way to go. Because really, that becomes the end of cable tv.

If the PSN Video store had a subscription plan for the entire catalog, I would sign up for that instead.

+ AwRy108 on February 6th, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

Did you add DRM to the video content, so we can re-download deleted material? If not, then I’ll forever pass on the PSN Video Store.

+ KSPRAYDAD on February 6th, 2009 at 8:30 am said:

Fix the redownload issue.

1/5

+ stri on February 6th, 2009 at 8:58 am said:

This looks awesome…um cough…Wait!

What am I saying, what would I know???

I’m in Canada!

+ LexDiamond79 on February 6th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

C’mon Sony. Ask the dudes from History Channel for new ‘The Universe’ episodes.

+ Ma1nframe on February 6th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

Thats great, but what about CANADIANS???

WTF

WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG FOR US TO GET THE GDAM VIDEO STORE?

SONY DOES NOT WANT TO MAKE MONEY FROM CANADIAN PS3 OWNERS????????????

W T F

CANADIAN VIDEO STORE

NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

+ Ma1nframe on February 6th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

3 WORDS

CANADIAN
VIDEO
STORE

+ nestore on February 6th, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

It would be nice if some at Sony would at the very least reply to Canadian inquiries re a Canadian Video Store. Either it is or is not going to happen and if so when?

+ kdarkone on February 6th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

what’s up with HULK VS.

+ twooh on February 6th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

AKEEM!

lol

+ SalvoStorm on February 6th, 2009 at 11:56 am said:

Hello Grace,
Since there is no free content in the video store as of yet, why not move the movie trailers, Blu-ray trailers, and those misc. free videos (AST tour and those snowboarding videos) out of the GAME store and into the VIDEO store?

+ Kxpuc on February 6th, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

keep up the How I Met Your Mother Season 4 updates and maybe one of these days i’d (we’ll) get the show on Blu-ray

+ MMaLuF on February 6th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

Hello, Im from Brazil and I would like to inquire you about PS Network for Latin America, When will it be available?
Nowadays we are forced to sign the PSN from Portugal (similar languages), and make a pre-paid card (wich charges U$ 0,99, every U$ 20,00 we transfer to PSN account) in order to purchuase new releases frm PS Store. Sony underestimated the latin american market, due to a sales research for PS2 wich indicated people buy PS2 but not original games. Now on PS3 era, there still people byuing games and acessories for PS3 (in great quantity) but still we dont have our have our place on PSN, or either unite all continents, wich in my opinion is better (but Ill leave this to Sony´s judgement).

I sincerely wish Thanks to everyone who had the patience to get this far on my “letter”, and just to make it clear, I am not complaining, I love everything related to Sony. Thanks again, and congratulations for this Fantastic Blog, I read it everyday as a main source for all PS information.

Best Regards.

Marco Maluf

+ MadeInScotland on February 6th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

When are they going on the store today? Some that already arrived this week are on but they’re not on………..

+ the_solidsnake on February 6th, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

lots of good picks. could we get the truman show soon? its one of my favorites

+ tbag101 on February 6th, 2009 at 3:29 pm said:

Is there a chance that Code Geass (Anime) will come to the PSN?

+ JesseHaysFL on February 6th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

We royal citizens of Zumunda thank you…..and yes F*&( you too!

+ XenoNative on February 7th, 2009 at 12:03 am said:

first, Xam’d looks cool as ever and its great that its exclusive on the ps3 but why rent only. i’m a BIG fan of Japanese anime, scratch that, all anime and i could watch them a dozen times over. but why rent. its not fair. to pay more than once to an episode i already seen is whack. and when the hell is Afro samurai resurrection coming

+ KBG29 on February 7th, 2009 at 12:24 am said:

This week I will ask questions, of what is going on instead of the same old helpful tips I ahve been tryin g to give.

-Does Sony have any plans to start a subscription service through PSN?

-Is there any plan to loosen up the DRM on any content in the store?

-Are we ever going to be able to rent every movie of the store?

-Are the outragous prices on TV shows ever going to drop?

-Is there any plan to package TV shows in the future?

-Does Sony enjoy being and also ran, because they don’t listen to the consumer, and this whole video store is just a check on the list of things to have?

These are all things I, and I am sure, many others would love to know. If you could awnser one of those questions I would be extreamly happy.

Last thing

-MTV Networks? Febuary? PSN? Can we get an idea of when this is coming or is this just another delayed announcment from Sony?

+ KBG29 on February 7th, 2009 at 12:30 am said:

Just so everyone does not go crazy about that last post, I love Sony and PS3 and I only want to see the best from them.

The Video Store has so much potential, and as has been said above PS3 could replace my cable box for good. It is just killing me that the DRM is so harsh, and that is keeping my money in Wal-mart or Amazons pocket instead of Sony’s were I would rather it go.

Heres to hopeing that things will be worked out soon, and I can enjoy not only the awsomness from SCEWWS on PSN with no sweat, but also the great arts from SPE.

+ Tratious on February 7th, 2009 at 12:50 am said:

Sony needs more anime but thats just me being an otaku i really wish they(Sony) would get worldwide rights to the animes they have in japan because we would so much BLEACH and thousand of other titles VIZ SUCKS WITH RELEASING ANIME

+ nestore on February 7th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

I don’t read each and every post under each and every topic but can someone answer this…. Does Sony ever reply to anyone from Canada?

+ dondude69 on February 7th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Give the Canadians good stuff too Sony

+ Surge on February 7th, 2009 at 6:46 pm said:

Logged in just to say that it starts to annoy me that there is no legal way to watch movies on my PS3 in Canada, except Zip.ca, but that is sooo last decade and you never get what you want when you want.

I think we need the official update. In fact, we as Sony customers REQUEST an answer with either a timeframe or just “get lost – never will happen in your cold country”.

+ lando786 on February 7th, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

I’ve been having urges to try this out. Can I rent movies(I’m in Puerto Rico)? And BTW how long do the rentals last? Is it a 2day/3day kind of thing or does it last for 1-2 full viewings?

+ Briefcase309 on February 10th, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

I’m not sure f anyone has addressed this but I have been wondering if PSN will ever make the PS3 compatible with Netflix. I have an account and would love to be able to watch movies and shows instantly on my PS3. Is this ever going to be a possibility or even thought about? Or is Netflix only going to be exclusive for Xbox live members?