Uncharted 4

Burnout Paradise – the Party Pack!

Jeremy Chubb's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Chubb on Feb 09, 2009 // Community Manager, Criterion Games

Hey guys.  Great to be back on the blog, and we’ve got lots to tell you about.

We released our first premium content for Burnout Paradise – the Party Pack !

Our Freeburn online play is a cool way to hang out with your online friends, but we wanted to give you a way to play PlayStation, when your friends comes to visit.  The game supports up to 8-players for pass-the-pad single-screen action.

You can find out more on the Criterion Games Network.  We’re now making use of PlayStation’s in-game browser to bring you all the latest news direct from the Burnout team.

Burnout Paradise Cops and robbers

Party is our first premium-quality content for Burnout Paradise.  It’s available now from the PlayStation Store for $9.99.  And if you can’t bear to stop playing Burnout, you can also pick it up from our own Burnout Store within the game.

If you’re new to Burnout, you can now get the whole game bundled with all our 2008 updates and the Party Pack on the PlayStation Store for $29.99.

You can hit this link to see the team playing a session in our latest video podcast – Crash TV.

And finally, we used the Criterion Network to bring Burnout players exclusive news of a new pack for 2009.

Slotting in soon after the Party pack, Legendary Cars, Toy Cars and Boost Specials, comes another premium pack – Cops and Robbers.  This one’s dedicated to bringing you the thrills and spills of cops and robbers car chases in Paradise City.

We’re keeping the gameplay under wraps for the moment, but in the meantime here are the first images in all their glory.

Burnout Paradise Cops and robbers

Burnout Paradise Cops and robbers

97 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ DTS_MAN on February 9th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

Never been first before. now i will read the above

+ CHRP718 on February 9th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

All PlayStation® fans loves everyone @ Criterion Games :) Buying the Party Pack tonight. Also you should put Crash TV on the PSN.

+ Crimson_Ryan on February 9th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

Sounds great. I love Burnout and all of the support you guys have given.

Great game and even more fun with all of the new content. Keep shelling it out guys. :D

+ Buddy175 on February 9th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

cool i have had this game since day1 and love that u guys still support it!

+ eddieMX07 on February 9th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

I received this cool game on this past Friday and from the few minutes I was playing it really impressed me. I received the game from Opinion Square after a long wait.. Now the next thing I have to do is download the 385 MB update for this game which will take 2 to 3 hours because of my slow DSL internet. I am really looking forward to playing this game online even if I lose my first couple of races.

I owned Burnout Takedown before so that is the main reason I decided to redeem this game. Good job Jeff on keeping this game update after a year since it’s release…

+ EmeraldFlame on February 9th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Is there any chance that there will be a big bundle with all the dlc at a reduced price because I want all of it, and I know other games, like warhawk, have done this.

+ The_Apprentice on February 9th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

Can someone specify exactly what premium content comes with the bundle on the PS Store?

Does it unclude the premium cars etc…?
I;m so new to burnout I really don’t know.

I know you guys say everything before…but *what* is everything?

+ XxBigP123xX on February 9th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Don’t think it was worth $10. $4.99 maybe, $7.99 is okay, but $10 was pushing it.

Oh well, I bought it and I’m going to be buying the rest of the content the moment they launch :)

+ Tr3p1dat10n on February 9th, 2009 at 12:20 pm said:

Bought this game the day after the price drop due to the support you’ve given it. Money well spent. (:

+ Rav360X5 on February 9th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

Can’t wait for more new content to be released Jeremy. It sounds like 2009 will be yet another wonderful year in Paradise :-).

By the way, I have a quick question for you regarding the PC version of Burnout Paradise. I picked it up on Thursday and since then have sunk 20+ hours into it. It’s a perfect PC port, but I seem to have overlooked the option to import my own custom soundtrack, or did I? I know this option was patched into the PS3 version of the game, and my question is, out of the box, am I able to do this in Paradise PC, or was this option left out? I assumed it would be quite simple on PC, but I could be wrong.

Thanks again for making such a great game,
Rav

+ Senecal on February 9th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

Just picked this game up bout 3 weeks ago(er.. downloaded it when it got the price drop). The party pack doesnt sound to great, but I’ll deffinetly pick up the extra cars and cop chase mode. Keep bringing all that great DLC guys, its prolly the only reason I gave it a chance, although I coulda kicked myself for not getting it along time ago. Oh, and I like CHRP718′s Idea, I would love to watch Crash TV in game or dl’ed off PSN store.

+ DTS_MAN on February 9th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

OK i read the above now and watched the crash tv…NICE KEF EGGS in the background btw. I dont have this on the PS3 but i do have it for 360 is it available on there too?

Thanks.

+ skynidas on February 9th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

When are the others DLC getting released, this thursday?

+ KUSHman666 on February 9th, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

sweet i need to get back into burnout :-P

+ Spartancloud on February 9th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

Sounds like a great add-on, however since I rarely have many friends over to play games, I most likely won’t be picking this up soon. However I’m looking forward to the other add-ons.

+ lcmnick on February 9th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

Looking good.

+ jbullfrog23 on February 9th, 2009 at 12:33 pm said:

Even if the premium DLC wasn’t that great, I would still be buying it as a thank-you for everything you guys have given us for free. Good developers need to be supported, and you guys are some of the best. Of course, given your track record, I don’t really think I have any need to worry about the quality of the upcoming DLC. Keep up the good work guys!

+ lakaiHIGH on February 9th, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

i don’t know what else you guys can add to paradise city… you’ve given us soooo much and i love it. thank you so so much. i’ll be playing burnout paradise till you guys drop the next one for sure.

cheers,
Lh

+ srewbacca on February 9th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

I got the Party Pack on Thursday and I really do enjoy it! Keep the DLC coming! I’ll be sure to get everything for this amazing game! Great job on the new patch too btw!

+ Scodo_Thope on February 9th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

I have to admit, you guys did this game right! All others take note.

How happy I will be to pay for content with all the free content you have provided me.

Thanks and keep it coming.

#1 Racing Game Ever!

:P

+ WEALLLOVELUNA on February 9th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

that cops and robbers pack sound great, can’t wait to get a load of play out of that one…
burnout has always been a really fun way to play with friends, but i think this might just kick it up to the next level, developers! take note! this is what dlc should be.

+ Scodo_Thope on February 9th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

Does the party pack add any additional trophies?

+ mahunoy on February 9th, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

@22 yes Party Pack add trophies.

+ MercuryPDX on February 9th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

@Jeremy Chubb – Haven’t played with friends yet, but I am looking froward to it this weekend.

The ONE disappointment I have? “We” lost the very cool Paradise Network page (Features weather and temps in other cities + scrolling articles) and now have a flat web site in its place. :(

Any plans to bring this back?

+ TailsTheCat on February 9th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

Also adds a lot of loading and waiting.

+ AmericanNinja1 on February 9th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

I bought the Party Pack as soon as it went up! Awesome!

@22 yes it does! :)

Jeremy when will the Legendary Cars pack be released? Do you have a date set for that yet?

Thanks Jeremy! :)

+ AmericanNinja1 on February 9th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

@24 the new network page is way better.

+ TailsTheCat on February 9th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

I also want to change my soundtrack whenever I want to. Why do I need to leave an online game to change my soundtrack? I dont care what the excuse is, I want to change every option and see everything I see in single player, in multiplayer.

+ MercuryPDX on February 9th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

P.S. Also VERY excited for the Cops and Robbers pack. IMHO this was the best part of “Need For Speed”, and I am THRILLED to have this become a part of the Burnout Universe. :)

+ cowboyd21 on February 9th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

i was in gamestop yesterday and i saw it for 19 bucks so i buy it and took it home . i had to wait for about 15 minutes before i could play because it was downloading all the DLC for the game and it cost me nothing . i got everthing but the new DLC that was in last week update its a good game you need to get it.

+ MercuryPDX on February 9th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

@27 The execution is kinda clunky amd a little jarring. I’d prefer to be “fed” the most recent content instead of hunting for it.

But we can agree to disagree. :)

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on February 9th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

Great to see COPS AND ROBBERS! CRITERION FTW!

Also is there any plans to bring a premium split screen multiplayer? PLEASE!

I would gladly pay for that. It would make this game perfect for me!

LN

+ Razrsharp on February 9th, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

Definitely getting this one. One question i have though is, can more than one PSN user sign into one console and play and get the trophies?

+ VixDiesel on February 9th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

As much as I love this game hardcore, island please. I want that more than this stuff. This stuff looks cool but honestly without a new place to go and explore, new cars, new modes…not as fun. Island then cars would be awesome.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on February 9th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

Did you fix the online HUD? if not, sorry but pass. it ruins it for me so I am going to have to wait for the next version….

+ K6U1R5D on February 9th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

all the dlc is perfect really but i jus wanted the crashes to be like they were before any dlc came. by this i mean the crashing physics before any DLC was awesome now the car kinda slides plz jus fix that with upcoming DLC

+ JpaQ on February 9th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Are the cars in the Toy Cars Pack, smalls scale cars?

+ StalkingSilence on February 9th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

@33 (Razrsharp),
Great question on multiple IDs!

+ TheGuardianFID on February 9th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

I picked up the Party Pack and will pickup every pack as I have until now, great support guys, keep it up!!! :D

+ KSPRAYDAD on February 9th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

Love the game…

However…in 6+mos I’ve only ever had one CLEAR conversation with someone during online multiplayer…all other times it has been a muted and garbled mess….Is everyone experiencing this or anyone have thoughts as to what the problem is? I have no issues on CoD4 or SOCOM.

I find it difficult to do the online challenges when I can’t co-ordinate anything with other players.

Help appreciated.

+ pavlovic on February 9th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

keep the good work Criterion. I’m loving this game everyday

+ StalkingSilence on February 9th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

Here’s my idea for cops & robbers…

Cops and robbers = proximity-based radar of other cops; and the robbers getting from point A to an unknown (to the cops) point B without crashing/taken out. You have 1 life and watch the action after you crash. Voice chat restricted between the two teams.

+ BigRon3400 on February 9th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

Honestly the party pack isn’t worth 10 bucks. But since Criterion has given us so much for free, I don’t really feel ripped off.

+ BrianC6234 on February 9th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

I can’t wait for the Cops and Robbers update. That sounds great.

+ whoelse on February 9th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

I like the new update but it was easier comparing stats etc in the game instead of via the browser.

+ acmilanboy on February 9th, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

It keeps growing and growing…couldn’t I just wait for the Cops and Robbers pack before I purchase? I get a discount or something?

+ lando786 on February 9th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

I love the new colors in Paradise city. They really are helpful. I wonder if they plan on bringing crash tv to either the psn or the ingame store.

+ kyosuke9999 on February 9th, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

For what it’s worth, I wanted to throw down a bit of praise for the party pack.

I downloaded this saturday night for a party I was having. We were playing buzz as teams, but later in the night the party wound down to 8 people, and that sounded perfect for burnout. I downloaded it and fired it up.

Wow, what a freakin’ good time. We did 8 player parties with stunt events. Each person took a photo of themselves with the camera and put in their name, so when it was someones turn their pic and name would pop up, and since we all took funny drunken pictures this just provided more stuff to laugh at as the game went on.

People at my party who were not even gamers loved it just because it was so simple- you just need gas and steering. We got pretty loud during some of the jumps, screaming when people made it or when there was an epic crash. I was scared we may get a noise complaint for a while.

It also has trophies added in which are easy and fun to get. I’d say that even after playing this only once it was well worth the $10. Long live burnout, criterion reigns supreme at customer satisfaction.

+ Raptors138 on February 9th, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

Cops and robbers pack is what I’m looking forward to!

However, how many cops will be chasing you at once? Will it resemble NFS cop chases?

Because if it’s just basically those black cars with police lights on the top, then there is basically no point to it.

+ Thrasher20 on February 9th, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

I yet have to play this game!

Any of you commenters want to give me or let me borrow your copy?

PAGE 1 2