PS4 - Destiny

Collect Intel in Killzone 2, Get Rewards on Killzone.com

Victor Zuylen's Avatar + Posted by Victor Zuylen on Feb 09, 2009 // Editor, Killzone Community

Hi everyone!

It’s Victor Zuylen from Killzone.com here. With Killzone 2 receiving lots of positive attention from the press, I figured now would be a good time to give you a taste of the bonus content which can be unlocked on Killzone.com through the game.

After you’ve uncovered a piece of Helghast intel in Killzone 2’s single player campaign, you can connect to Killzone.com to claim a special reward. These unlockable rewards come in various shapes and sizes – some are simply printable versions of the propaganda posters you see in-game, others contain details on the wildlife of the Maelstra Barrens or pages from a Helghast soldier’s secret journal.

Example 1
Example 2

(Please note: you will need Adobe Reader to view these documents.)

If you’re good enough, you can even unlock and download physical objects from the Killzone universe. “That’s impossible,” I hear you cry at your monitor, “You can’t to download physical objects through the Internet – let alone objects from a fictional universe.” Ah, but then you’ve obviously never witnessed the venerable art of papercraft:

Killzone 2: Is an Intruder

Well, that’s enough spoilers from me. Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog and Killzone.com, because we’ll be talking about other ways in which the game and the website interact soon!

- Victor out

109 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ SeanScythe on February 9th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

Great can’t wait for this game.

+ TheHater2 on February 9th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

Will we be able to get these stuff early if we get the game early? :)
I might be getting the game about a week early. And congrats to GG for this masterpiece that is known as Killzone 2.

+ Asshandler on February 9th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

Coo, though I would prefer everything to be in the game, not a big fan of the flash-heavy Killzone.com website, it’s slow and overly-difficult to navigate from my experience.

+ Bullet-Clip-Six on February 9th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

papercraft. that is whats up.. cant wait for this epic game.

+ Blkant on February 9th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

Awesome :D Reminds me of warhawks paper craft and I loved those things. I hope you guys are planning to support KZ2 online as much as or more than Warhawk too :) There is so much promise and potential with this game that additions and continuation of online support is a must.

+ vanace on February 9th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

$$$
@¿@
O

+ BEGxFORxMERCY on February 9th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

Wow, great stuff, i cant stop playing the demo to this awesome game, and when are we gonna be able to see the new commercial.

+ GooieGreen on February 9th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

I’m going to say “cool”, but I better see more stuff in the game over time! You need to be pumping out features to keep us all hooked for as long as possible!

+ Xulap on February 9th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

I want a paper gun!

+ Blkant on February 9th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

#7 makes a good point. When will we see the new commercial :) ?

+ BIGDUB707 on February 9th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

Cant wait for the release. The demo leaves us on an cliffhanger lol. Is there any news about DLC, especially Co-op Campaign mode Will it available later??? Hopefully!!!

+ Crimson_Ryan on February 9th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

I’m interested in the journal. That looked amazing. Good job on that.

I actually have a question though. On the killzone website, since there will be alot of clan coverage and the liking directly on the site itself(I’m sure what we can do in the game, we can do on the website) will we be seeing Dogtags based on our stats in game? Like if we are a Helghast based player, will we see our dogtags in Helghast form? And the same for ISA players?

Those would be amazing… The new signature, since its your details and whatnot. It’d be even better if they looked as awesome as the one in example 1.

+ unit138 on February 9th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

Oh this game got better! Some of the propaganda posters are pretty sweet!
Im one of those who love unlockables lol

+ acmilanboy on February 9th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

@Victor- nice! I would sure like some developer commentary also.

+ Sephex on February 9th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

Howdy,

Unlockables are cool, but I would much rather see unlockables as in game content. Avatar customization. Weapon mods. I’m sure the community can come up with some phenomenal ideas for you. But first things first.

Co-op.

Is very important.

Gamers dating back generations upon generations, understand the importance of co-op. Playing online, even with the best of headsets, is not the same as having some crazy split-screen action.

… awaiting 02/27/09 nonetheless …

Peace.

+ SlaveSpawn on February 9th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

Thats so cool, Killzone 2 can’t come fast enough !!

+ NoSkillz187 on February 9th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

I like stuff like this. It gives you reasons to explore every nook in cranny of a game. Nice work guys. But you know what i think game devs should start doing? We should should start getting unlockables for getting trophies. Personally i dont care much for trophies because there isnt any rewards for getting them.

+ BigPoppaB on February 9th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

You guys should know that lifting the review embargo THAT early was a terrible marketing and PR decision. Because you lifted it then, when your game finally comes out you wont see much buzz about it on most gaming sites as they’ve already posted their reviews and have no real news to show.

This is why you see a flock of reviews the week before a release, so the game garners more hype and is very visible to any gamer a week before release.

that being said, I’m getting the game day one… but for such a meticulously developed game, that was a pretty dumb move

+ Thrasher20 on February 9th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

Oh man I cannot wait!!!

Killzone 2! Lock up your wife and children! The Helghast are near!

+ Jer1ch0 on February 9th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

Hmm, wonder if the gun they teased us about earlier is tied into the in-game unlockables? Maybe similar to GTA IV’s key to the city, as in get all trophies by X date and get a replica gun?

Regardless this is a very cool continuation of the extras we say from Killzone Liberation, loved that game, and can’t wait to play the full version of Killzone 2 later this month.

+ reson8er on February 9th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

18 days are far too long, its pure torture.

+ XKILLER44 on February 9th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

Sweet

+ IceCold on February 9th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

This game will eat my life away and i can’t wait!

+ Ftwrthtx on February 9th, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

That’s a cool idea.

+ Laze on February 9th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

What was the wildlife1.pdf file ? Its broken ;)

+ norm01 on February 9th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

Real life achievement/trophies FTW.

+ rAdIOhEad73 on February 9th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

release the game now! many people in europe and other countries have the game already.
oh and fix the lag input in the controls!!!!

+ viprdude on February 9th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

Make paper craft guns. That would be awesome.

+ mywhitenoise on February 9th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

I hate FPS games, but loved the demo! Already put my pre-order down on Amazon.com

+ komp on February 9th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Is there a headshot model available so i can re-enact a scene with an elastic band at work?

+ MobileTone on February 9th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

a game this awesome doesn’t need such cheap gimmicks.

+ Rollopunk on February 9th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

Aangezien Guerilla uitNederland komt lijkt het mij leuk om dit bericht in het Nederlands te doen. Laat ik voorop stellen dat ik de demo nu al kapot heb gespeeld en elke keer hop ik dat hij niet weer op het zelfde punt ophoud. Het is werlkeijk schitterend hoe alles eruit ziet, hoe alles werkt.. Ik ben niet vaak trot op mijn land met alle heisa die hier vaak is, maar jullie Guerilla maken mij trots. Killzone 2 is de eigenlijke reden waarom ik een PS3 heb gekocht.

Maargoed genoeg offtopic..
De community features die jullie implementeren zijn werkelijk subliem. Zoals de unlockables die er hierboven beschreven worden. 25 februari komt steeds dichterbij en ik kan niet wachten.

For all english speaking readers. I posted this message in Dutch. If you want to know what it’s about, ask someone that does understand Dutch

Greetings, Rollo

+ MaDogNik96 on February 9th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

Wow! That’s actually pretty neat. Thanks for the update.

+ jimmy903 on February 9th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

Very nice, the little extras go along way.

+ Chaos_Bladez on February 9th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

I’m saving my pennies for it! :D
I have like $38, and someone owes me $12…
So that’s $50… $10 more! :D

+ fan1310 on February 9th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Awesome, can’t wait for this game!

+ JKC31 on February 9th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

Why can’t I sign in to Killzone.com first and avoid the Day/Pick a flag BS.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 9th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Quite awesome since I am an intel collection wh0r3 i’ll definitely be connecting to killzone.com to see what goodies i’ve unlocked.

+ Zookey on February 9th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

LOL that’s some funny stuff–never thought official Papercraft unlockables would happen hehe!

Hey BTW—since you guys already have over 1M pre-orders, any chance official KZ toys/collectables will be coming our way? And what about purchasable Sackboys from LBP? We are still waiting for that—and what about Helghan Sackboys—please, oh lord, PLEASE do NOT make them a GameStop exclusive–I got my KZ2 reserved at Play N Trade here in town and I desperately want me some KZ sackboy goodness!

BTW–not meaning to sound harsh but I seriously thought KZ2 was going to be very generic (I am very harsh against shooters) but I made a european account just to download the demo—demo taught me how wrong I was good job!!!!

+ Seiven on February 9th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

Sweet, I can’t wait….been playing the demo over and over and loving it.

+ Seiven on February 9th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

WHOA I have the same moleskine brand notebook at home as that Helghast soldier does in the second download.

+ Fersis on February 9th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

Papercraft ?
Thats really nice and clever.

+ ye11ow-pharmacy on February 9th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

Always love the extra stuff you guys provide for your games from killzone.com. Unlockables for Liberation were good, and I’m sure for KZ2 they’ll be even better. Can’t wait!

+ Bloody_Marcel on February 9th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

So how we do translate what’s written in the Hig journal?

Cool stuff anyways!

+ lakaiHIGH on February 9th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

this sounds really cool! not nearly enough spoilers though Victor. i love interaction and what i’d love to see is more blu ray based games interaction with my lovable lil PSP. anything would be freakin sweet.

peace,
Lh

+ rAdIOhEad73 on February 9th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

Hey GG, do you know what else you should be doing instead of this crappy papercrafts?
Add CANADA to the countries in the profile section of Killzone.com.

+ jncasanova on February 9th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

The papercraft idea was genius!!!

+ ricky1990 on February 9th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

nice but…
where can i get these papercrafts?

+ sam_i_jam on February 9th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

Like the excitement from fans and people on the fence wasn’t enough. Now, I have to be even more antsy for this release.

+ XxBigP123xX on February 9th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

Pre order is paid off :D

PAGE 1 2 3