PS4-Infamous

Sack it to Me (Love is in the Air Edition)

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Feb 09, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LittleBigPlanet Happy Valentines Day

Welcome to another update on the world of LBP.

“Update Love”
Going live later today is Update 1.09 – a bit earlier than expected, but we’re sure you won’t mind. This update contains some minor adjustments plus addresses the following bug fixes:

• ‘Failed to save profile’ message not being displayed when a user’s profile is full.
  • Object Capture Bug: switch connectors being deleted when an object is captured.
  • Failed to load profile issue: where the user is thrown out to the XMB due to a texture that is not registered in their profile being present in their pod.
  • Text not displaying in the text chat window.
  • Slow rewind due to moderation check.
  • Save file corruption which caused the game to crash when placing any object in an emitter in any level.

“Awards Love” from the development community
The past few weeks has been a humbling experience with news of numerous prestigious awards nominations from both the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences and Game Developers Choice Awards. Congrats to the Molecules and SCEE.

AIAS nominations

• Best Audio
  • Best Debut
  • Innovation
  • Game of the Year

“Merchandising Love”

LittleBigPlanet - SackBoys figures

The very first LittleBigPlanet merchandise makes its ‘littlebig’ debut this week with a brand new action-figure line featuring an assortment of 4″ scale Sackboys in all his textured and stitched glory, displaying various characters, poses, and costumes. Those attending the 2009 International Toy Fair in New York will be among the few who will catch the very first glimpse of the action-figures that will be available at select mass market, specialty and online stores across North America beginning this Spring.

Toy developer and manufacturer, Mezco Toyz, will also release retailer exclusives, variants and limited-edition Sackboys throughout the year, which will range between 2″ and 18″ scale figurines.

If you happen to be attending the 2009 International Toy Fair, feel free to drop by the Mezco Toyz booth at the Jacob Javits Center (#4823) for your sneak peek at the new action-figures. However, if Toy Fair isn’t on the list of your destinations this year, plan on coming by their booth at the 2009 Comic-Con International Show this summer in sunny San Diego.

Stuff’d SackBoys (and SackGirls)
You’ll be glad to know that the highly sought after, officially licensed SackBoy plushies are on their way. Unfortunately, we still need some time to knit, stitch, and stuff a few loose ends before we reveal more…

…but stay tuned, we have tons more of great news soon.

105 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on February 9th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

Sweet you guys deserve it all!

WE NEED IN-GAME XMB MUSIC!!! PLEASE!

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on February 9th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

I just want the OPTION to listen to my music when I’m PLAYING. I support LBP but please listen to your supporters. Make a poll and have people vote. PLEASE

LN

+ CrimsonFox13 on February 9th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

Nice, love how much support you’re giving to this game!

I wonder if you can top it with your next!

+ onisat on February 9th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

Congrats. Look like a cool update

+ StealthCorazon on February 9th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

Congrats. LBP is a great game and you deserve it! wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

+ KoRnFlaw on February 9th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

good for fixing the text

+ XxBigP123xX on February 9th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

“action-figure line”

It’s okay, you can call them dolls.

:D

+ RynoIV on February 9th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

I changed my PSN password, and the file was corrupted (I can no longer get trophies, unless I delete the game). Does this fix that? I don’t want to restart my game.

+ Axonn on February 9th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

Congartulations! Awesome supported game, keep going!

+ MrBlind on February 9th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

It would be nice if there was in-game music. it would also be nice if sackboy was an option in build-a-bear workshops lol xD. (build-a-sack)

+ KoRnFlaw on February 9th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

is it going to be able to launch into PS HOME?

+ Destiny89 on February 9th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

one of the best games ever .. please don’t stop supporting this game :)

+ tetsou9shima on February 9th, 2009 at 5:43 pm said:

These figures are plastic…correct? My kids are looking forward to the stitched and stuffed sackboys. Thanks for all the continued updates and game support.

+ GamerMoney on February 9th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

LBP all the way wooh!!! I’d like to put my music on stages that I make…especially since the 14th is very close

+ KUSHman666 on February 9th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

awesome u deserve it Mm and sony. now time to reveal ur FF7 lvl/costume kit :-P

+ RynoIV on February 9th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

Forgot to say before, but it says that my save data was copied from another user, and I have to delete the game to get trophies. I haven’t copied anything. I just changed the password on my PSN. Is there any way to fix this without deleting my game?

+ jayyy91 on February 9th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

Some Home integration would be nice as well as in-game music.

Keep up the good work!

+ tolkienfanatic on February 9th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

Sackboy figurines. Do want.

+ cLOLe on February 9th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

If my information is correct. Prior to the release of LBP it was always planned to have online co-op Create available. Then before the release something changed, or the servers couldn’t handle it and it was scaled back.

Will online co-op level creation ever be introduced/re-introduced? Frankly, I’ve barely played LBP since I beat the MGS levels, and the lack of the online co-op creation is one of the reasons. There’s a few things I can do will in Create mode, and a few things my friends can do well. So we’re looking forward to creating some nice levels together.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

+ MiltonZep on February 9th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

Sacktion figures????!!! Plushies??? I think I just wet my pants!!

+ SNmnIE6 on February 9th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

About time with the bug fixes!!!

+ AceOfSpades725 on February 9th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

wow! how cool! thanks for the update! can’t wait to hear about stitched ones!

and hmmm what other great new could you bring us?! :D

+ Heisem on February 9th, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

Cool, LBP is a great game

+ Thrasher20 on February 9th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

LittleBigPlanet is so awesome

+ skynidas on February 9th, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

Awesome, I was anticipating a real sackboy for a long time…thanks for hearing us guys!

+ Dragonzblaze on February 9th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

i still get failed to load all player profiles and cant play online about to trade this 4 resident evil 5 i dont want 2 i love this game please media molecule fix this

+ ts23245 on February 9th, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

I was hoping for a sackboy plush but okay.

+ Jeigh on February 9th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

The awards are well-deserved considering what the game has done for the industry and the art. Only things I’m still looking for: In-Game Music (a lot of my time in Create mode is spent in silence), and getting the Play Create Share meter-bubbles to work since, according to them, I’ve done nothing in LBP.

Thanks for the update! :D

+ VincentVendetta on February 9th, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

You know what? I’m gonna get my Valentine’s Day Pack tomorrow.

By the way, any word on Sackbook?

+ Delriach on February 9th, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

Yes! Plushieeeeeessss

+ QCVic on February 9th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

Nice job on the update and congrats on all the sweet awards. With Firgurines and plushies coming soon looks like it’s going to be a pretty busy year for Mm.

+ BigRich55 on February 9th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

Is there any news about the U.S. to get PlayTV when the digital transition happens???????

I believe many of us will make use of PLAYTV.

+ Azira013 on February 9th, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

Now, when you mean “North America” does that meand you’re including Canada? Just checking because we’ve been missing out on a lot of cool things.

+ Midgetguy on February 9th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

OH MY GOODNESS…

I think I’m with everyone here when I say that I have slowly fallen in love with every single version of Sackboy/Sackgirl!!!!

I MUST GET EVERY SINGLE TOY!!!!!!

You’ve already got me buying a TON, not to mention all of my teachers, friends, family, and strangers who I’ve randomly described LittleBig Planet!!!!! (Yeah, I spread the LittleBig Love!)

Please, I’m BEGGING you Mark, give all of us Playstation Bloggers every single smidget of information possible about where these toys and plush toys will be sold, when they’ll be available, and for how much… I think I might just have to run around in circles, squawk like a sackbird, and SCREAM, because I am SO FRICKIN’ EXCITED about this!!!!!

I have a dream…

And that dream is to fill my whole entire house with sackboy memorabalia!

Mark… thanks. :)

+ TerryVSL on February 9th, 2009 at 6:42 pm said:

“Some Home integration would be nice”

Yes, where is the Home integration???

And the Home Little Big Planet Space?

And the Little Big Planet stuff for your avatars and personal Space?

This is the perfect game to be hanging out on the benches with people in the main square chatting and then jump into some Little Big Planet levels and then right back to the benches.

+ smokey_vols on February 9th, 2009 at 6:43 pm said:

YES, we’ve been waiting on the merchandise forever. I’m def buying at least one of the plushies when they come out.

+ foolio_67 on February 9th, 2009 at 6:47 pm said:

I love you MM ;)

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on February 9th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

CONGRADS 2 sony and Mm for being nominated for so many REASONS..this game is and will always be great..and i cant wait for it to get better!..SO…when can we have IN-GAME MUSIC..LOL and dont rush the plush!..:p make sure its perfect!..and DONT SLEEP on HOME! WE ALL WOULD LOVE TO VISIT! THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK M-M, AND THANKS SONY FOR SUPPORTING THEM!

+ QUICK_LIL_STUNNA on February 9th, 2009 at 6:49 pm said:

Yeah i want to play games and listen to my music on my ps3 at the same time.

+ viprdude on February 9th, 2009 at 6:49 pm said:

Make a ROBOCOP sack costume please!!!

+ MidnightBlues on February 9th, 2009 at 6:52 pm said:

just got my lbp platinum….cool to see some bugs were fixed…I havnt encountered many myself so it must be minor.

I hope and pray for some more lbp downloadable content like the mgs levels sometime soon!!…and a few more trophies too please!!

+ EyeAmmMcLovin on February 9th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

awesome!! NOW WHERE IS THE RATCHET COSTUME!!!!

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 9th, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

For the love of all things PlayStation please release a Solid Snake SackBoy.

+ El_Matador1957 on February 9th, 2009 at 7:07 pm said:

+ jipmg on February 9th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

In game xmb music would be a good feature.

Anyhow, AWSOME GAME LBP ROCKS

+ coppi6976 on February 9th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

thanks for the update guys.
my ps3 still crashes tho when i try to quit the game any ideas?

+ hife on February 9th, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

First, that top pic is awwwwwesome.
Second… I will definitely be buying some LBP merch.

+ lakaiHIGH on February 9th, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

you guys need to follow in the steps of the ea guys who brought us paradise city… we need more free updates like these to keep LBP fresh and fun.

peace,
Lh

+ mmb on February 9th, 2009 at 7:23 pm said:

Sackboy Plushies can’t come soon enough! My nephew absolutely adores Sackboy and I know it would make his year to be handed one of his own!

A LittleBig Home space would be awesome, the ability to put up some of the pictures taken on LBP in your owned spaces would be awesome too!

+ kevmaster on February 9th, 2009 at 7:23 pm said:

I would really start playing LBP more if you guys finally released online co-op Create mode. Plus, I believe that that will bring out much more quality levels because there will be more groups of people creating levels and putting their brainpower together. Two heads are better than one!

PAGE 1 2 3