PS4 - Transistor

I Love Ninjas in PlayStation Home

CydoniaX's Avatar + Posted by CydoniaX on Feb 10, 2009 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

We’ve got some big plans for PlayStation Home coming up, some of which may involve ninjas and street fighters. We thought that would grab your attention. It did for us at SCEA.

PlayStation HOME screenshot Ninja girl

And as we continue to expand upon existing content with PlayStation Home spaces, we’ve introduced a leaderboard for the Red Bull Air Race in the Red Bull space. We recently made the most of these new leaderboards with a contest to see who could get the highest scores. Shopaholics rejoice too, you’ll find some cool new virtual items at the mall, including ninja and pirate costumes.

As you may have heard, Capcom is set to expand its blockbuster franchises globally with Street Fighter and Resident Evil within PlayStation Home. Resident Evil 5 fans can launch straight from PlayStation Home into the game. And for the Street Fighter fans, Capcom is bringing Street Fighter IV costumes and additional themed content to PlayStation Home, much of which will be unlocked through in-game actions.

PlayStation Home Screenshot Street Fighter RYU & KEN

I know that is a lot to digest, but that’s not all … in the next few months, gamers will find even more clothing, furniture and events taking place throughout PlayStation Home, including the launch of the Warhawk space (complete with game launching), SOCOM space, and the recently announced Gamer’s Lounge. This will be another hang-out space for the community to mix and mingle, just like you would at a real lounge. We will also hold special events here such as developer talks and parties. Along with the spaces, you can bet you’ll find even more impromptu promotions and giveaways taking place.

And as for the ninjas …. On February 12th, sweet ninja outfits will be available for purchase at the Mall to dress your PlayStation Home avatar up in. Yeah, ninja outfits! And to celebrate their arrival, we’re holding a contest: On February 13th, we’ll be holding an event called “I Love Ninjas.” The first instance of the brand-new community-named Home hang-out space, the Gamer’s Lounge, to be completely filled with people in ninja costumes (or a reasonable facsimile using all-black clothing items in your inventory) that we see will win vouchers for SOCOM and Warhawk to celebrate the upcoming spaces.

What events would you like to see?

+ ross_k on February 10th, 2009 at 12:41 pm said:

Cyd can you or anyone confirm if all this new stuff for Home will be coming to the EU home? such as the SOCOM, Warhawk spaces, the Uncharted space, Capcom and Namco spaces and costumes?

+ Tigerriot on February 10th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

That Street Fighter pic is shameful. Home. Ugh.

+ ross_k on February 10th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

and will the Trophy room/cabinet ever come out?

+ Ramage on February 10th, 2009 at 12:47 pm said:

Here’s a though probably already discussed. Have a dressing room in the mall(well in each store really). We could have temporary access to clothes which can be divided by already owned/not owned/both so we can view new things on our character and see how they fit with our current wardrobe. Also, it would be nice in furniture shops as well to at least see the 3D object and be able to rotate it around to view it and see if it is really worth the purchase. I think the dressing room idea would push people to purchase more once they see it on their own avatar.

Anyways, can’t wait to see what home is like in 6 months or even less. I still have friends saying its a waste of time and its ‘stupid’ but stuff like this will shut their mouths quick.

+ pscoolman on February 10th, 2009 at 12:47 pm said:

this is a great update cant wait for it and i was wondering what do we have to do in the contest cause i want Warhawk and SOCOM so bad, And also what Quarter of 2009 will the Warhawk and SOCOM spaces be out cause im a #1 Fan for those 2 Games cause They’re Awesome. Thanks in Advance

+ afrosheen on February 10th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

What’s the deal with the tiny thumbnails in the stores anyway? How can I get an idea of how a shirt will look on my character from a 150x200px image?

+ Heisem on February 10th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

Awesome!!

+ yosoylindo445 on February 10th, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

sweet i wil try to buy it as i possible, and i will like it to see call of duty world at war in home thas will be interesting or grand theft auto IV .

+ Haskell420 on February 10th, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

Hey Cyd, and Hi Jack,
Good afternoon to the both of you.
Wy cool on the Ninja stuff. But Cyd, I ahve a question.
You say game launching will be able to take place, like the Warhawk room.

I assume you mean we will be able to launch into warhawk from that space?

But to do that, EACH of us who wants to be a part of that Warhwak game, NEEDS TO OWN that particular game right?

Because someone told me that it’s gonna be set up where you do NOT need to own the game, say Warhwak.
I find that notion cool, but very wrong.
Please correct me

+ loadstone007 on February 10th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

Cool, thank you!
I’d like to ask a favor – there are still many server and freezing problems with Home, especially after the new update. Can you please comment on this, because this is really tiring me out – and i’m a Sony fanboy!

thanks

+ IceCold on February 10th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

Great update, but I still don’t understand the value in paying for costumes. I think it would work better as people up their gamer level, or trophies for unlockable gear. Buying a ninja costume for any price seem slightly ridiculous to me.

+ KingOfHearts on February 10th, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

Cool Warhawk space! Also can’t wate to see wht the nijas will look like.

+ KingOfHearts on February 10th, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

Oh, any new’s on TV’s and the trophie room?

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on February 10th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

I’d like to see more games include the feature of unlocking items inside Home, like the Namco Museum demo did. I think that was really great.

+ kalas5525 on February 10th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Very nice.

I look forward to checking it out. :)

Kalas5525

+ jason_ac on February 10th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

What do you mean “win a voucher for SOCOM and Warhawk to celebrate the upcoming spaces”? You mean like you win a free copy of the game?

+ biffsmack on February 10th, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

Is LBP game launching coming soon?

+ LadyKirk on February 10th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

This is awesome, but how about some info on the Resident Evil 5 avatars…?

I saw some pics of Kijuju (the first level of RE5) running (HOME ver.), and there was a guy dressed up like the main character of the game, any idea when it will be released???, I certainly can’t wait to get my hands on a Wesker avatar…

=3

+ Eternal_LightX on February 10th, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

What events do I want to see?……hmmm
Well I would love to see this sweet sweet event where we can get a voucher for like a summer home, clothes, and furniture…..and more events where we get free vouchers for games for loving home so much!!!

+ Slayer612 on February 10th, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

why do we have to pay for clothing that is useless?

+ kingmeazly on February 10th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

amazing, i personally think that Home will eventually become one of the playstation 3s best features

+ AmericanNinja1 on February 10th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

@120 you don’t have to pay for anything. no one is forcing you to buy them.

+ Quickxdrawxkid1 on February 10th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

could we get more features like party chat and party game launching and game launching for r2 and K2

+ LexDiamond79 on February 10th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

I’m sorry, but Home sucks!

+ dragonfreeze88 on February 10th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

Awesome I can’t wait you, thanks for the content update :)

+ dragonfreeze88 on February 10th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

oops sorry about the weird “you” after “wait” haha

+ Quickxdrawxkid1 on February 10th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

I don’t think it sucks it just needs to cater more towards the gamers and more customization for profiles and avatars.

+ VenomXv on February 10th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

Whoa i love the street fighter costumes.

+ Quickxdrawxkid1 on February 10th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

Oh and one more thing could you add in stances to your avatar like a relaxed stance so he doesn’t look so stiff or a fighter stance incase your wearing a street fighter costume.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on February 10th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

That stances idea is great, and ive us some attitude options like the walking styles in Saints Row 2.

+ Gekidami on February 10th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

I’m guessing this is US only…

+ Quickxdrawxkid1 on February 10th, 2009 at 2:13 pm said:

@130 thanks and your idea is great also their is so much stuff home could do I just pray they read this far down.

+ Zookey on February 10th, 2009 at 2:14 pm said:

PLEEEASE make it so you don’t have to wait for a person to be done playing an arcade game or the Red Bull Air race before you can play–it sucks having to wait for a person to be done then compete with hundereds of other people to try and get at the game—especially when it doesn’t make any sense to limit our access like that—

+ GGCAN on February 10th, 2009 at 2:18 pm said:

Thanks for keeping us in the loop CydoniaX…..

I don’t care what anyone else says, but I love Home.

Have met some great people, played some good Warhawk matches, been up all night dancing in the square pre Live Beta.

Keep up the great work and keep bringing us more spaces and things to make Home even better.

+ HaVoK_08 on February 10th, 2009 at 2:22 pm said:

Haven’t been on Home for awhile now, but it is good to know now contecnt is arriving. I can’t wait for an Akuma costume :)

+ Squamden on February 10th, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

Very cool it’s always nice to see new content. The thing about Home that intrigues me the most is its party system. If we could have a party system built into the XMB, that would be even better, as Home certainly has not caught on with everyone on my friends list.

+ djtortilla on February 10th, 2009 at 2:36 pm said:

how about adding objectives to home?

like treasure hunts or socializing?

I want to be able to collect outfits and stuff for my apartment without buying stuff

make Home a game, give it a purpose and I will spend more time there

+ VincentVendetta on February 10th, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

Is the Watchmen stuff still going?

+ RuxR7 on February 10th, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

Way to go! I really liked the in-game unlocking feature. Hope that trophies has some effect on PlayStation Home soon!

+ ADR143 on February 10th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

lol this is great

+ Arsenal55 on February 10th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

I really hope you guys can keep this much support on Home for the rest of this year or this generation. Its always exciting to hear what new things are coming to Home.
Id love to see some new apartments and items to decorate with.

+ GordyNYC on February 10th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

how about roman style, fighting arena gamespace where we could choose to fight the current champion or just be a spectator using our ninja-outfitted avatars? maybe allow us to bet on the winner. add leaderboards for bragging rights. HOME needs competitive environments

+ GamerMoney on February 10th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

djtortilla has a good idea…another treasure hunt lol…lets search for clues….10/24 all over again closed beta people lol

+ SmogItUp on February 10th, 2009 at 3:00 pm said:

No game launching for Socom? Please explain why Sony continues to neglect one of their biggest franchises…

+ MAXIMUM77 on February 10th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

I can’t wait till all this goes down. SFIV RESERVED AND READY TO PLAY! SEE YOU ALL THERE. “HAUNTERMAKER”

+ Obi_Al_Kenobi on February 10th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

I need a “In-Shirt XMB” shirt for my HOME avatar.CidoniaX, can you give me one?? =)

+ ShadowOfEden on February 10th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

When are the Age Of Booty costumes coming? So we can have ninjas Vs pirates!

We all know that pirates are way better.

+ dragondemon123 on February 10th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

thanks for all your cyd and locust i cant wait until the stuff comes out. i have 2 questions for you when can we listen 2 music in home? and are you going to have the full Namco arcades soon?

+ Thrasher20 on February 10th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

I can’t wait to see them live!

Great job on Home guys, also can’t wait for future updates that will enhance our experience!

+ dragondemon123 on February 10th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

_______________________________________________
dragondemon123 | February 10th, 2009 at 3:10 pm

thanks for all your cyd and locust i cant wait until the stuff comes out.
_______________________________________________
i met 2 say thanks for all the hard work you’ve been doing i cant wait until it comes out.