PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Join us at the Street Fighter IV Launch!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 10, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Do you have any plans this Thursday night? If you live in or can easily get to Southern California, I highly recommend that you TiVo the Grey’s Anatomy/Private Practice “crossover event” (please don’t get me started on this); Capcom has extended 302 invites to the soon-to-be-legendary Street Fighter IV launch event to you, the PlayStation.Blog community.

Street Fighter IV launch event

The party will take place at the Geffen Museum of Contemporary Art in downtown LA, playing host to both hadoukens and Hollywood elite. You know you want to go, so here’s all you need to do: email us at streetfighterlaunchparty@gmail.com, and put your first and last name in the subject line. That’s it, we’ll get you on the list! One name per email, please, as we can only get 302 of you in.

Why three-hundred and two? Because 2 of you, selected at random, will get upgraded to VIP status, with access to the PS3-only VIP area (must be over 21). Please remember, do not feed the reality show stars!

If you want in, get that 2-word email to us by 9am tomorrow morning. I’ll be there, and hope to see you as well. Challenges welcome… I’ve been practicing!

PAGE 1 2

+ jayyy91 on February 10th, 2009 at 8:38 pm said:

5 posts in one day? Is that a new record?

+ KUSHman666 on February 10th, 2009 at 8:39 pm said:

awesome, i wish i was in LA. my bro lives there ima tell him about this :-P

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 10th, 2009 at 8:40 pm said:

Lol, “(please don’t get me started on this)” surely there’s better things to watch on TV than those shows :D.

Also where John Diamonon been lately with the capcom posts?

Sadly I am no where near the event :(.

+ smokey_vols on February 10th, 2009 at 8:42 pm said:

Never any events in Tennessee lol.

+ Keysersoze10033 on February 10th, 2009 at 8:42 pm said:

No love for NYC :(.

+ RGS-14 on February 10th, 2009 at 8:51 pm said:

I live in LA but I won’t be going :(

BTW Street Fighter IV releases this Thursday or this Monday?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 10th, 2009 at 9:59 pm said:

Actually, next Tuesday. Go figure :-)

+ T3mpr1x on February 10th, 2009 at 8:57 pm said:

Excellent, I love meetups/launch events! Count me in! Except this time I’ll also be representing PlayStationLifestyle.net :D

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 10th, 2009 at 9:59 pm said:

See you there!

+ Thrasher20 on February 10th, 2009 at 9:02 pm said:

Will be there! ;)

+ iExile on February 10th, 2009 at 9:04 pm said:

Grrr we need something like this in NY. Anyway can’t wait for next week.

+ Delriach on February 10th, 2009 at 9:06 pm said:

If only this was in Chicago..

+ JesseHaysFL on February 10th, 2009 at 9:11 pm said:

it sgoing to cost me $350 to fly round trip (before fees) im gunna check on sum bills and i might b there..

+ Jeigh on February 10th, 2009 at 9:15 pm said:

Heh, I could probably get there easier than a lot of people, but it’s still not even within a five-mile radius of my realm of possibilites. I don’t suppose you could just hold the event at my university…? :P Be sure to have plenty of fun and, hey, if you happen to run into Keira Knightley, let her know I’m still available for Saturday night. XD (Never been to California, so I have no idea how common it is to see celebrities at these sorts of things, not that that would really inspire me to come anyway.)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 10th, 2009 at 10:01 pm said:

Celebrities are everywhere. One time I saw the sniper from \”Clear and Present Danger\” at LAX!!

+ Blkant on February 10th, 2009 at 9:16 pm said:

Why is everything always in NY or CA. What about us in Florida? Did you ever stop to think about us :(

+ JBruno on February 10th, 2009 at 9:32 pm said:

Wheres John D?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 10th, 2009 at 10:02 pm said:

He\’ll be there!

+ jncasanova on February 10th, 2009 at 9:54 pm said:

the ps3-vip are is for 21 or olders? what the hell is going to happen in there?!?!?!

…I want to be there… haha

+ Kodaime on February 10th, 2009 at 10:02 pm said:

One of these days could you bring an event to Maryland?

+ lecrapper on February 10th, 2009 at 10:07 pm said:

I live in LA, but since my PS3 gave me the yellow light of death on Sunday, and since SONY is more interested in making money off these faulty PoS3′s they sold than doing what’s right I won’t be playing my PS3 or buying any games for a while.
So I don’t think I wanna go.

+ Blkant on February 10th, 2009 at 10:12 pm said:

Jeff @9: Yes, exactly like that, and I was there it was great, i got there late and as you guys were packing up one of you over heard me talking about how i was too late for the LBP beta code and you stopped and got me one still. But I want events in FL more often :(

+ jazzyrider on February 10th, 2009 at 10:17 pm said:

Is this a multiplatform game? I’m not much of a SF fan but I’d like to try this on PC or PS3. Also, I hear there is a special controller that’s available– will it work for both the PC and PS3 versions?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 10th, 2009 at 10:53 pm said:

It is, but there are a couple of factors that tip it in the PS3\’s favor, IMO. There are a number of special controllers available from Mad Catz.

+ EvoAnubis on February 10th, 2009 at 10:22 pm said:

Damn . . . I can’t do it. Give my apologies to John D, but I can’t family issues I can’t step away from. I’d really love to though; I need to vacation from this madness.

You guys have fun though!

+ iExile on February 10th, 2009 at 10:23 pm said:

@ Jeff: Aw man I totally missed that. :(

+ WoshJills on February 10th, 2009 at 10:26 pm said:

Sony please get Left4Dead on the Ps3….please!!!!!

+ BooberX on February 10th, 2009 at 10:43 pm said:

Hey, its my birthday on Thursday. Unfortuntaly I’m up in Canada on the east coast. Hope you all have a blast there.

+ SpinningBeat on February 10th, 2009 at 10:43 pm said:

I sent my email, hopefully I get in. I missed out on the mgs launch party and was really sad. I can’t wait till next tuesday. I got my preorder done. Hopefully I won’t be the only person playing as Rufus. ^_^

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 10th, 2009 at 10:53 pm said:

We haven\’t hit the limit yet… so as long as you sent the email correctly, you\’re in!

+ Ftwrthtx on February 10th, 2009 at 10:53 pm said:

I’m in Northern Ca. so that would be too far for me. Have anything coming up at the Metreon soon?

+ AmericanNinja1 on February 10th, 2009 at 10:57 pm said:

Awesome update Jeff! PS3 version FTW!

+ Demonic_Zhen on February 10th, 2009 at 11:05 pm said:

I’m down. Thanks for the e-vite!

Hopefully I can meet some of you there . . .

This may be a lame question, but whats the dress code?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 10th, 2009 at 11:26 pm said:

You have to wear a red or white gi and a headband. Shoes optional.

+ KaiserSosate on February 10th, 2009 at 11:11 pm said:

Too bad I don’t live there but hey at least I get to see you guys online and play against all of you :)

+ gr1mj0w on February 10th, 2009 at 11:17 pm said:

SENT!

I will make it there for sure, I will not miss this event! Plus I can kick some butt while I am there too :)

+ x_NiiGHTMARE_x on February 10th, 2009 at 11:27 pm said:

How do you know you made it on the list after you send email? I dont want to drive there and not get in…

+ Demonic_Zhen on February 10th, 2009 at 11:28 pm said:

Hahaha! Red Gui it is . . .

+ gr1mj0w on February 10th, 2009 at 11:30 pm said:

Also, are you guys replying to the people who got accepted?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 10th, 2009 at 11:56 pm said:

Yeah, tomorrow morning at 9, when we seal off the entries.

+ jaydogg691 on February 10th, 2009 at 11:31 pm said:

I already signed up for the event at Capcom’s IGN Blog. Is there a difference if I sign up here? It would be cool to meet up with other people from the PS community.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 10th, 2009 at 11:56 pm said:

No difference, it\’s the same event!

+ Ftwrthtx on February 10th, 2009 at 11:35 pm said:

@Jeff
Thanks for the response. I’ll be sure to keep an eye on thier blog as well.
Thanks again

+ evildude683 on February 10th, 2009 at 11:54 pm said:

Why does it ALWAYS has to be in LA?
Is that what the “United States” look like to Sony?

+ gr1mj0w on February 10th, 2009 at 11:58 pm said:

@Jeff Rubenstein

Thank you good sir!

+ jaydogg691 on February 11th, 2009 at 12:00 am said:

@Jeff

Thanks for the clarification. Can’t wait to play some SF IV.

+ x8xRICKx8x on February 11th, 2009 at 12:14 am said:

Hell yeah ! i sent my email in im just wondering how will i find out if i made it in the list … till next week street fighter 2 remix will do :D

+ PAYBACK-joker on February 11th, 2009 at 12:25 am said:

Yeah wow, we need some of these in the Dallas, TX area of the country. Or perhaps just a little bit more of a notice? That would be really sweet to go to, I’ve even got a white and a red Gi!!! Sadly though I only have white pants and black pants, so I wouldn’t quite pull off the Ken look!

Have fun in Sunny CA!!!

+ RonTheDawn on February 11th, 2009 at 12:47 am said:

I sent my email around 12. Has the limit been reached?

+ AceOfSpades725 on February 11th, 2009 at 12:50 am said:

sounds fun! but im in the bay area, and i dont know if i’m up for the 6 hour drive down there. or even paying for a plane ticket! lol i wish i could go though!

+ KBG29 on February 11th, 2009 at 1:17 am said:

I want this game so bad, I can’t wait for it to come to PSN. Capcom may just force two purchases out of me if it is not on PSN after E3.

Hopefully Sony and publishers are hard at work to bring multiplatform games to PSN. I just don’t see the use in buying a Blu-ray disc with 3 – 6 Gigs of content on it when I could get a much more secure, and convinent version off PSN.

+ Thrill_Kill on February 11th, 2009 at 2:01 am said:

Okay I don’t really understand what this is all about… are you guys going to be selling Collectors Editions for PS3 and signing them?

If so I would love to go as I live in Southern California. I want to bring my cousin along but he has no email address, and I would hate to drive all that way back and forth by myself (it would be boring). Oh well… another event I’m gonna miss out on.

+ Fersis on February 11th, 2009 at 2:34 am said:

Grey’s Anatomy/Private Practice are the worst series ever made. >:(
Street Fighter IV !!! Wooooooo !
Sucks that i dont live on US, hey Jeff if you come to Argentina you are welcome in my house :)

+ JayFight on February 11th, 2009 at 3:10 am said:

aarrrggghhh wouldn’t you know it when i lived in California i never had a chance to get into something like this and then i move to Georgia and now i see things like this all the time. oh well hope you guys post some vids of the event online.
i wish events like this would happen closer to me since i’d rather not spend 3-4 hours on the road to atlanta or most of florida’s hot spots oh well

+ T3mpr1x on February 11th, 2009 at 3:14 am said:

lol way to prove that these events aren’t only in LA! NY and FL have events as well people, and I’m sure more cities are planned much like the PlayStation eXperience bus! :)

+ Netweb on February 11th, 2009 at 4:32 am said:

No demo plans?

+ Gringo234 on February 11th, 2009 at 4:33 am said:

I have work and I’ll ready used my free days. *Sad Face*

Why Southern California has to be so far from East New York?

+ mckg123456789 on February 11th, 2009 at 4:42 am said:

nice, i wish i could be there but i live in minneapolis, MN too far :(

+ TJF588 on February 11th, 2009 at 5:01 am said:

*pulls [DELETED] move*
I live in friggin’ Florida (very northwest, but hey), but I submitted anywayz. If you guys read this and have say on that list, go ahead and scratch me out, eh? unless, o’course, I could sell this on eBay or somethin’.

PAGE 1 2