PS4-Watch_Dogs

Close out the Winter with PSN’s Spring Fever

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Feb 11, 2009 // Director, PlayStation Store

Spring Fever Flower

Even though the Punxsutawney Groundhog predicted six more weeks of winter, PlayStation Network has already caught Spring Fever. To help spread our excitement, we’re launching “PSN Spring Fever” on PlayStation Store to celebrate the exceptional PlayStation Network games and exclusive content on tap to launch in the next few months. And unlike the “official” Groundhog prediction, Spring for us starts tomorrow with the launch of Flower from thatgamecompany.

In addition to current PSN exclusive hits like PixelJunk Eden, PAIN and flOw, you can look forward to several other highly anticipated games such as Flower, Noby Noby Boy, Burn Zombie Burn and The Punisher: No Mercy to name a few. And with these exclusive blockbusters launching on a weekly basis, we’ll offer the best downloadable games lineup around. A few of the titles include:

• Flower
  • Noby Noby Boy
  • No Gravity
  • Wheel of Fortune
  • Burn Zombie Burn
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic
  • The Punisher: No Mercy
  • In addition to these titles, PlayStation Network will also be launching Bomberman Ultra, Flock, Comet Crash, Watchmen and many more during this timeframe.
  • Plus the existing blockbuster, exclusive titles already on PlayStation Network such as Crash Commando, Savage Moon, Echochrome, Pixel Junk Eden, PAIN, Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty and more!

PlayStation Store is launching a dedicated “PSN Spring Fever” section featuring games, trailers, and themes available for download with the launch of Flower. And the PlayStation Blog will have weekly posts of developer diaries to show a behind-the-scenes look at some of these great titles.

Check out the dedicated “PSN Spring Fever” section on the PlayStation Store or catch additional PlayStation updates in an upcoming bi-weekly edition of PULSE.

157 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Ftwrthtx on February 11th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

Will there be any special ‘Spring Fever’ prices?

+ Sakimori_X on February 11th, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

Holy crap, that’s a lot of games! YAY for us!

+ Onna76_NL on February 11th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

Damn, my wanted PSN games list is far bigger than my wanted Blu Ray PS3 games list… how ironic.

+ Exodus_Lang on February 11th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

Whoa, tons of games there.

*sigh*

There goes more money.

+ Swedgen on February 11th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

Wow, I’ve never heard of alot of those games. Looking forward to some gems.

+ Musiol on February 11th, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

Yes! But this got me worried… I don’t have money for all this games :(
Flower is really must-have, should be system seller :D

+ Zookey on February 11th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

Been waitin’ for Noby Noby Boy for EVER–can’t wait til’ next week!

+ jakinov on February 11th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

I wish PSN cards come out where I live. I gotta pay 30 dollars for a 25 dollar prepaid credit card den I gotta pay %15 percent tax then PSN won’t let me tranfer a custom amount to my PSN wallet unless i’m buying something so i’m stuck with 4 dollars on my prepaid card.

When will Canada get Video store?

+ Fallen_Guardian on February 11th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

No Gravity, Diner Dash, Comet Crash, Hammer Fall, Underfire, and Zen Pimball?

Havent heard of any of these, can you give us more info on them soon?

+ Midgetguy on February 11th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

Beautiful…

Absolutely beautiful!

Who said the Playstation Network doesn’t have any good game…?! Huh? Hmm…?

EXACTLY!

+ sam_i_jam on February 11th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

FlOwer and Noby Noby Boy are definite purchases.

+ Capt-Fury- on February 11th, 2009 at 9:14 am said:

now throw me some new XMB avatars in there and we are set.

+ Onna76_NL on February 11th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

@Jakinov, join Europe, they don’t have PSN tickets at all, 90% of the people who want to download PSN titles can’t even download them, plus we don’t have Video store either. The US is the only one that has video store, I don’t know why the heck its taking so long for the local Sony companies to legalize it, but I’m pretty sure we’re not gonna see the Video Store before 2012 in the benelux.

By the way, no Fat Princess?

+ SpyDudeFX on February 11th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

Spring Fever sounds like a pricing promotion lol

+ Fersis on February 11th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

Woooow, lots of cool games comming!
Flower and Nobi Nobi Boi are mustbuys for me.
Awesome.

+ Fersis on February 11th, 2009 at 9:21 am said:

Also, could you guys make some magic and ease the process to buy stuff from South America? . :(

+ Kenshin71 on February 11th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

Good lineup but would like to see Dead Rising released on the PSN since the sequel is coming out on PS3 and the other two consoles have the original. Also try releasing HSG5 on PSN, this would sell a lot I think.

+ Berae on February 11th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Is it me or i didnt see one of the most important… Fat Princess? :)

+ SDkngsht on February 11th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

HELL YEAH! i haven’t even heard of some of these coming to the PSN but i’m excited for a few of them.

Flower, Wheel of Fortune, Punisher, Worms (YES!), Bomberman (In HD? HELL YES!) and Diner Dash like CLASSIC Diner Dash? def good news.

now all i need to hear is that Pixel Junk Monsters 2 is coming and the PSN is officially the greatest online selection EVER.:)

+ Sig-gotyouth on February 11th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

looks like Ill be topping up my account with another few hundred $. I do agree with one poster though. There are maybe 10 PSN titles Im excited for and only 5 Pre-ordered retail discs… maybe its a change of the times.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 11th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

Out with the old in with the new, with that said slash the prices on old games do our pockets some wonders in this poopish economy.

+ FoolKiller79 on February 11th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

Worms? Woohoo!!! I bought Open Warfare 2 for my PSP just because there wasn’t a PSN version.

I cannot wait to start throwing exploding grannies, mad cows, super sheep, Holy Handgrenades, and concrete donkeys at people!!!

+ haz360 on February 11th, 2009 at 9:34 am said:

Sounds awesome! Will Europe have a similar thing or is this US only?

+ Jim777 on February 11th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

cant wait to download Flower

+ SwampThing71 on February 11th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

I knew I was saving my money for a reason. I can’t wait looks like a great spring.

+ Audioboxer on February 11th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

Awesome!

The developer interviews for these smaller titles are a great watch.

Loved watching the Flower one, so please Grace/Jeff and the rest of the blog team do as many as possible :)

Nice to know the faces behind some of the smaller games.

+ lakaiHIGH on February 11th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

that is an insane amount of titles you guys are going to be putting up the network to download. i cannot believe how fast the library of games are growing on PSN. thank you guys so much and i like the idea of a spring dedicated section on the store. shall make it much easier to find all these great games!

cheers,
Lh

+ TakiFuGu on February 11th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

I’ll try something new aside from our typical FPS’. I’ll buy this later once the PSN Store is updated.

+ gravyleaves on February 11th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

pimball? is that even a game? color me intrigued

+ TheInfectedBy590 on February 11th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

Can’t wait for Flower and Noby Noby Boy! :)

But, but… Where’s Fat Princess?! ;_;

+ seamonkey420 on February 11th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

i will be getting some Flower action asap on thur!

looks like a great way to relax after a hectic day of work :)

+ EvoAnubis on February 11th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

That is about freaking AWESOME! Games, games, and MORE GAMES!

Year of the PS3 confirmed.

+ reson8er on February 11th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

Thanks Grace.

It would be really great if these titles offered trial or demo versions so we could get a feel for the eclectic but oh so awesome PSN titles.

+ KUSHman666 on February 11th, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

flower day1 for me :-P it looks soo amazing, ppl u must buy flower! :-D

+ Jimb0 on February 11th, 2009 at 9:53 am said:

ZEN Pinball is probably a motion controlled version of the very cool iPhone ZEN Pinball: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uV402_q-Zs

+ GamerMoney on February 11th, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

WE NEED EARTH WORM SLIM JIM!!! And Flower is a MUST have…we have flower power….take that mario lol

+ JKC31 on February 11th, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

PSN Demo page in the store. Even though there are not too many demos for PSN titles. The ones that do should be given a highlighted section.

+ nokedimyo on February 11th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

I got spring fever just by reading about this promotion :-P

+ Seafea on February 11th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

I am noticing a distinct lack of Fat Princess on that list :(

+ MakulaTolkien on February 11th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

great games indeed, I can’t wait to play them all.

+ Asshandler on February 11th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Why hasn’t Dark Mist come to the NA Store as of yet? My friend downloaded it off the Hong Kong Store, and it’s great, and entirely in English, and is a first-party game.

It makes no sense.

+ evildude683 on February 11th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Hey has anyone notice that…the picture reads.
“Sping Fever”

LOL

+ DeforMAKulizer on February 11th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

OMG!!!!!! All those unannounced games!!!! OMG indeed!!!!!! Can’t wait to wet my appetite with each and every single one of them! =D
<3 PSN!

+ Tigerriot on February 11th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

Wow. Lot of games mentioned in this post. Crazy times.

+ Lyuse on February 11th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

I hate not having PSN cards here in Europe please sony we in europe don’t use credit cards that much please release those psn cards here in europe we really need them.

PS: please

+ Bug42 on February 11th, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

How about a “Spring” Sale. Have a few games at $4.99

+ DMeisterJ on February 11th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

Does ‘spring fever’ apply to PS1 games too?

+ Akirakirimaru on February 11th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Bomberman Ultra / Worms / Flower / New Mahjong booster pack = PSN

SF IV / Killzone 2 = PS3

Great Games This spring = $

Being an avid gamer = Broke.

+ Bildo818 on February 11th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

HAHAHAHA Its does say sping!

LOL

I agree with the PSN vs. BR disc games. I own many blu-rays, but my PSN titles are growing. I cannot get enough of QUALITY games for 5-10 bucks. I did however buy wipeout HD but thats a given! Keep these games maxed out at 10 bucks and you will see a ton sold Sony.

Flower for 10 bucks? SOLD, Flower for 15 bucks, no thanks!

What about that trivial pursuit game I heard about? Flower, worms and bomberman are purchases I look forward to making

+ Bildo818 on February 11th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

@45, I agree with a Sale…there are some PSN titles I would buy for 5 bucks on sale. In fact I am waiting for them to be on sale to purchase them :-)

PAGE 1 2 3 4