PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Close out the Winter with PSN’s Spring Fever

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Feb 11, 2009 // Director, PlayStation Store

Spring Fever Flower

Even though the Punxsutawney Groundhog predicted six more weeks of winter, PlayStation Network has already caught Spring Fever. To help spread our excitement, we’re launching “PSN Spring Fever” on PlayStation Store to celebrate the exceptional PlayStation Network games and exclusive content on tap to launch in the next few months. And unlike the “official” Groundhog prediction, Spring for us starts tomorrow with the launch of Flower from thatgamecompany.

In addition to current PSN exclusive hits like PixelJunk Eden, PAIN and flOw, you can look forward to several other highly anticipated games such as Flower, Noby Noby Boy, Burn Zombie Burn and The Punisher: No Mercy to name a few. And with these exclusive blockbusters launching on a weekly basis, we’ll offer the best downloadable games lineup around. A few of the titles include:

• Flower
  • Noby Noby Boy
  • No Gravity
  • Wheel of Fortune
  • Burn Zombie Burn
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic
  • The Punisher: No Mercy
  • In addition to these titles, PlayStation Network will also be launching Bomberman Ultra, Flock, Comet Crash, Watchmen and many more during this timeframe.
  • Plus the existing blockbuster, exclusive titles already on PlayStation Network such as Crash Commando, Savage Moon, Echochrome, Pixel Junk Eden, PAIN, Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty and more!

PlayStation Store is launching a dedicated “PSN Spring Fever” section featuring games, trailers, and themes available for download with the launch of Flower. And the PlayStation Blog will have weekly posts of developer diaries to show a behind-the-scenes look at some of these great titles.

Check out the dedicated “PSN Spring Fever” section on the PlayStation Store or catch additional PlayStation updates in an upcoming bi-weekly edition of PULSE.

157 Comments

+ almighty-slayer on February 11th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Awesome amount of quality games there. Hope Europe has releases similar to this.

Like everyone else though, i notice a lack of “Fart Princess”. I hope it hasn’t been pushed back, i’m really looking forward to that PSN release, possibly more than any BD release.

+ Calendaros on February 11th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

Does Spring Fever mean PS1 games or just artsy PSN games that mean nothing to me?

+ plaztiksyke on February 11th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

please, please, please get some 24-bit (and/or lossless) audio assets into these games. I want to hear good surround imaging and my subwoofer rumble in Worms. As it is, some of my 6 year old Xbox1 games sound better :(

High-def audio and trophy support are the two things that greatly influence my buying. If I’m ever on the fence about a title, those features will push me to buy it.

+ Akirakirimaru on February 11th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Sping Fever. Graphic typos are the worst.

+ dehumanizer_666 on February 11th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

YES! Wheel of Fortune!, Jeopardy was horrible, i regret buying that game. It would have been better if the host was in it.

+ Yanky on February 11th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

I’m interested in Noby Noby Boy, and a little curious about the Punisher.

+ SpiritThief on February 11th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

so since noby boy is next week, going by that list, will I be burning zombies in three weeks?

no mention of Fat Princess makes me sad, its getting pushed back uh? :(

+ sTeLioSco on February 11th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

good psn linuep… :)

try more classics however

+ Ehahneli-13 on February 11th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

Can’t wait for flower and Noby noby boy.

Also, any word on the DLC for Valkyria Chronicles?

+ DMPrince on February 11th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

Will ALL the games listed have trophy?

+ CinderShadow on February 11th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

Diner Dash is coming to PSN – That’s great!!!
I hope that someone from Team 17 will be able to post to the blog about Worms PSN, which I’m also looking forward to. The lineup continues to expand, and the quality is retained.

Anything more that you have on Ragdoll Kung-Fu: Fists of Plastic, I’d like to read – explain about how the game works, perhaps, for those playing catch-up?
Creat studios’s games are also great. It may be OT, but I really wanted to say about their quality titles they’ve released on the store. :)

+ mafecto on February 11th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

WORMS!!!!!! WHEN??????????

+ GamerMoney on February 11th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

god…i’m startin to think everyone missed the memo…all games released after jan 109 will indeed have trophies

+ GamerMoney on February 11th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

after 1/1/09

+ mywhitenoise on February 11th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

getting Flower and Noby Noby Boy, but what I really want to hear more about is Fat Princess.

+ chuco27 on February 11th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

Burn Zombie Burn? o.O Thats my vote for most interesting title…any chance on some info on that one?

+ womfalcs3 on February 11th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

Very nice. I was hoping Uno would be on the list for the Spring.

Looking forward to Wheel of Fortune.

Bring trophies to Jeopardy!. The game has consistently made the most-downloaded list, so I’m sure it’s worth the extra work.

+ Stoffinator on February 11th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

Awesome stuff. Now just get those PSN cards out here and Canada and you’d have just about every one of those games sold. But doesn’t seem you guys want the sales. :-\

+ ManaKnight on February 11th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

I’m guessing Fat Princess is in Spring 2009. Regardless, the lineup rocks and I can’t wait. :D

+ Sneeches on February 11th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

man o man o man, that’s a ton more money i have to give out lol. I buy so many games now and there’s still soooo many good ones coming, crazy!!!!

Keep up the work guys, and hopefully with this “spring fever” we will see some of the games go on sale :)

+ RandomEarthling on February 11th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

I didn’t see Fat Princess anywhere on that list. Does this mean we have to wait until after Spring to get it? Nooooo!

+ mywhitenoise on February 11th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

“’m guessing Fat Princess is in Spring 2009. Regardless, the lineup rocks and I can’t wait. :D”

Well, the title of this post IS “Spring Fever”, haha.

+ zombie9 on February 11th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

We need free download codes for these games right here on the blog.. You should be giving them away.. To help spread the word.. LOL We just need more Free stuff I’m not to thrilled about paying 1.99 for fake clothes.. And never will be… Also we need more greatest hits titles it’s been 6 month’s since the last batch..

+ remanutd5 on February 11th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

wow a lot of psn games , im getting most of them but you guys didnt mention my most anticipated one FAT PRINCESS!!!!!! , is it coming out this spring??

+ skynidas on February 11th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

What about Fat Princess?

+ GoldenGotGame on February 11th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

I noticed Wheel of Fortune on the list. Which leads to my question.

Where is the support for Jeopardy!?! I already feel like an idiot for purchasing it day one for 14.99, then a few months later it’s down to 9.99. What happened to the new categories that were supposed to come out? How about trophies? How about Buzz! peripheral support? Let me know if you guys plan to stick what you said and update Jeopardy! or not, at least with new categories. Because if not, I’ll just delete that waste of space off fo my HDD. Thanks.

+ GoldenGotGame on February 11th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

*of. Need an edit button.

+ vegan_mekey on February 11th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

I’d hate to be a buttnut,
but i’ve been waiting for bomberman since december.
Heard it will be released in Winter,
but now you guys are talking spring.
Buttnut.

+ Gambit07 on February 11th, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

I can’t wait to experience Flower with g/f.

+ mafecto on February 11th, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

ha! it says “sping” fever…look!

+ Rhez on February 11th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

Flower is a must have. I still haven’t seen enough of Noby Noby Boy, so far I just don’t get it. Anywho PSN has had some great games all around.

+ SmokeAdellic on February 11th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

IVE BEEN WAITING FOR RAG DOLL KUNG FU!!!

+ CitizenInsane27 on February 11th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

@mafecto

Yes it does! Haha! Sping fever everyone!

+ VincentVendetta on February 11th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

On a weekly basis? Does that mean we get at least one game per week? I mean, we already had a lot of games for this time of the year, and then you bring THIS!

Anyway, wish list:
Flower
Noby Noby Boy
Burn Zombie Burn!
Ragdoll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic
Bomberman Ultra
Watchmen: The End is Nigh – Episode One
Worms

Sorry but I love downloadable games.

+ acerazer1 on February 11th, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

Hm, can we expect a Winter or Spring game sale in the near future?

+ FE_RR on February 11th, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

with the names that catch my attention were the pinball and bomberman, but…

still no psone games (..ººIntellingentQubeºº..)…if not the outstanding PS3 remake with backgrounds, atturding Sound fx, and explosive graphics…just rip the psone disc and upload it to the psn

+ acerazer1 on February 11th, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

Also, how come spring in the banner is spelled incorrectly? Or do I just not get it?

+ VivaGardner on February 11th, 2009 at 11:44 am said:

Honestly, how about a sale?

5$ games or…

Buy one game get a second for $5.

or

buy two games, get one free

+ DrBingogh on February 11th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

Must upgrade hard drive…

+ sweetsourporker7 on February 11th, 2009 at 11:56 am said:

is there any PS1 games in this spring fever deal? If there is could you please list them on the blog ahead of time because i want to know which ones would be coming. Crash Team Racing, Gran Turismo 1, Spyro 2 & 3, Crash Bash. I’ve never played GT2 but im sure its similar to 1.

+ saintaqua on February 11th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said:

How about some spring cleaning discounts? I think you could afford to slash some prices. I’ve almost bought everything available and want more!

One thing lacking I see is PS1 titles, we need more of those in the store asap!!

I’m definitely getting Noby Noby Boy and Flower!

+ herrjeff on February 11th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

Any news about Puzzle Quest: Galactrix?

+ wizeguy22 on February 11th, 2009 at 12:10 pm said:

WOW lots of psn games i didnt know about .. played some of Bomberman at the NYComic-Con this pass weekend and i loved it so i will get that along with Flower, Punisher, Watchmen, Nobi Nobi Boy and got to get Diner Dash for my sis.. :) the other games i am looking forward to learning more about….

+ st1an on February 11th, 2009 at 12:12 pm said:

Sping fever will definetly rock my wallet silly! Flower, Worms and bomberman is going to give me many many hours of happy time.

Still waiting for the echocrome trophy patch here in EU tho, is it even planed to be released here at all?

The lack of love for EU consumers makes me a realy sad panda :(

+ HRob81 on February 11th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

Keep up the good work! I’ve been waiting on No Gravity for a very long time!

+ JohnnyMoses on February 11th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

SCEA is awesome. In the 1 year that I’ve had my PS3, you have improved and evolved so much! I have a renewed love for my PSP, the PSN titles are great, exclusive disc based titles have improved and all that makes me happy. However, there are 2 things I’d like to see improved;

+ More PSP support from the Playstation Store and more PSP connectivity with my PS3.

+ Please stop updating the store at 8pm EST on Thursdays!

+ bLiTzEd7887 on February 11th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

fat princess is coming out in march!!!

+ JohnnyMoses on February 11th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

I didn’t even notice that… LOL! What is Sping Fever?

+ DropD on February 11th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

great lineup

+ lowhonor on February 11th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

how about some news if about if you guys will SUPPORT THE PSP with this “spring fever”