PS4 - Destiny

Close out the Winter with PSN’s Spring Fever

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Feb 11, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Spring Fever Flower

Even though the Punxsutawney Groundhog predicted six more weeks of winter, PlayStation Network has already caught Spring Fever. To help spread our excitement, we’re launching “PSN Spring Fever” on PlayStation Store to celebrate the exceptional PlayStation Network games and exclusive content on tap to launch in the next few months. And unlike the “official” Groundhog prediction, Spring for us starts tomorrow with the launch of Flower from thatgamecompany.

In addition to current PSN exclusive hits like PixelJunk Eden, PAIN and flOw, you can look forward to several other highly anticipated games such as Flower, Noby Noby Boy, Burn Zombie Burn and The Punisher: No Mercy to name a few. And with these exclusive blockbusters launching on a weekly basis, we’ll offer the best downloadable games lineup around. A few of the titles include:

• Flower
  • Noby Noby Boy
  • No Gravity
  • Wheel of Fortune
  • Burn Zombie Burn
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic
  • The Punisher: No Mercy
  • In addition to these titles, PlayStation Network will also be launching Bomberman Ultra, Flock, Comet Crash, Watchmen and many more during this timeframe.
  • Plus the existing blockbuster, exclusive titles already on PlayStation Network such as Crash Commando, Savage Moon, Echochrome, Pixel Junk Eden, PAIN, Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty and more!

PlayStation Store is launching a dedicated “PSN Spring Fever” section featuring games, trailers, and themes available for download with the launch of Flower. And the PlayStation Blog will have weekly posts of developer diaries to show a behind-the-scenes look at some of these great titles.

Check out the dedicated “PSN Spring Fever” section on the PlayStation Store or catch additional PlayStation updates in an upcoming bi-weekly edition of PULSE.

157 Comments

+ Demonhunter84 on February 11th, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

Summer sale?

+ jipmg on February 11th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

I would love you guys to add backgrounds to the ps store, and music even.

In any case, very good, im getting flower for sure.

+ ShadowTalyis on February 11th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

man i hope that doesnt no exclusives for the rest of the year you know except for Fat Princess thats a big list I hope there are still a bunch of unannounced games?

+ Dark_Fire_101 on February 11th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

Where are you guys getting the names Worms, Diner Dash, etc. from? I don’t see those games listed.

+ Akirakirimaru on February 11th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

So You fixed the “SPING FEVER” typo on the graphic! quick fix and kudos…. but the banner graphic still wrong and also needs editing. It must just be that font, makes the p look like an r.

Gotta demand highest quality in everything Sony. Thats why I own so much Sony equipment.

TYPO in BANNER GRAPHIC!

+ GoldenGotGame on February 11th, 2009 at 12:40 pm said:

@Dark_Fire: Those games were there, they just updated the post. I see the “Sping” fever typo is fixed.

+ Dark_Fire_101 on February 11th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

@GoldenGotGame: That’s odd, well why would they take them off? Do you think they made a mistake and maybe they’re not coming out this spring?

Or maybe they’ll update it again and add them back on to the list?

Anyway, awesome games coming out I can’t wait to get them… Only one problem… No PSN cards in Canada. :(

+ Dark_Fire_101 on February 11th, 2009 at 12:45 pm said:

Nevermind, I guess they’re included in the last part of the statement “In addition to these titles, PlayStation Network will also be launching Bomberman Ultra, Flock, Comet Crash, Watchmen and many more during this timeframe”

+ Dennie on February 11th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Bomberman Ultra! I’m happy now.

+ WreakHavoc on February 11th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Wow another Wheel of Fortune game! It’s only the 100th iteration!

+ Akirakirimaru on February 11th, 2009 at 12:50 pm said:

Im shocked to see them take off worms and the other games with the updated post…..

They need a explanation on that one. Im guessing they let too much info slip. Or they werent completely confirmed yet. But still, no explanation? Id like to see more replies to our posts.

+ The1stMJC on February 11th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

Where is Fat Princess?
Please where is it don’t tell me it slipped to Winter of 09.

+ VincentVendetta on February 11th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

And don’t forget the PopCap games!

+ androvsky on February 11th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

Sounds like a great promotion, I’m glad at least one console maker is finally making a serious attempt to sell games year round instead of just Q4.

If you’re really going to do a games blowout, you might consider pumping up the numbers with a few PS1 games every week.

By the way, why was Dark Mist never brought over? It came out during a real dry spell for the PS Store, it was even translated into English not long after, and already runs on NTSC consoles. I’m pretty sure you’d get enough sales to cover the ESRB fee…

+ Thrasher20 on February 11th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

Ftwrthtx made a good point. Will there be spring fever low prices?

I want Ragdoll Kungfu

+ lecrapper on February 11th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

I’ve got at least six weeks of bleak winter since my PS3 gave me the yellow light of death and turned into a 600 dollar paperweight!
and since SONY wants to make MORE MONEY off these faulty PoS3′s instead of doing what’s right it’ll be at LEAST 6 weeks until I can play my PS3 not mention ever buy a game again.

+ Bildo818 on February 11th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

Yeah why did games come off? And I agree with the other statement where we should see a lot more replies on our posts. You guys want to give us information, yet don’t seem to answer decent questions. I always see replies to posts saying good job. The reply would say Thanks, or We try! But you guys never answer actual fan questions!

+ madtyger on February 11th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

Amazing! this looks like a great lineup. Perfect timing, since I’ve already beaten all of the games I picked up during the holiday season. I cannot wait to play Flower!

+ VenomXv on February 11th, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

“Ragdoll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic”

I need that game now!

+ KwietStorm on February 11th, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

What about Fat Princess and Trine?

+ BlackTooth93 on February 11th, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

would this be the same no gravity as the psp homebrew game? if so, that was one of the best psp games ever, including retail games! is this going to be free?

+ ADR143 on February 11th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

dam lot of good games!

+ stlthriot on February 11th, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

Heck yeah! This is what I am talking about, bring on the games!
Definitely grabbing Flower tomorrow! And looking forward to Flock, Noby Noby Boy, and Burn Zombie Burn, among many others! :)

+ XxC-losxX on February 11th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

This fails because I was just waiting for Fat Princess… And IT WASN’T ANNOUNCED! I got a bad feeling about this :[

+ SuperSonic1305 on February 11th, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

WHEEL OF FORTUNE YES!

+ dsluckay on February 11th, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

Sweet!
But ya there goes our money but it worth it!
Thanks PSN!

+ jqtaxpayer on February 11th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

Really looking forward to Noby Noby Boy… any chance of a PS Blog sit-down with Keita Takahashi? That guy is always a trip… one of the most interesting people in this industry for sure.

+ tearsofash on February 11th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

I will be buying flower and Noby Noby Boy! Count on it!

I take it Fat Princess isn’t coming out this Spring? That’s a bummer. I’ve heard more buzz about that one that half of the other “Spring fever” titles. Oh well.

+ OldSchool969 on February 11th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

Guys, PLEASE look into the messaging lock up issue, where you go to reply to a message and the title bar just keeps flashing and you are forced to reset the console. This is an age old issue that STILL has not been fixed, even though you claimed to have in a previous update.

+ starwars123456cv on February 11th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

cool

+ Hostile on February 11th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

Disappointed that Fat Princess isn’t mentioned.

+ tirminyl on February 11th, 2009 at 4:53 pm said:

I thought this was a Spring Sale at first.

No mention of Trine or Fat Princess? Those are day 0 for me as well as Flower and many others listed.

+ Erdie on February 11th, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

Here, have some money.

Can’t wait!

+ JimInPT on February 11th, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

@106: Yep, they “announced” then removed a number of titles. The only one of the entire bunch that really interested me was removed: Zen Pinball (originally listed as “Zen Pimball”).

Finally, a small PS3 pinball entry, and it gets yanked? Sigh.

+ cnn93 on February 11th, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

No gravity the psp game?

does this mean will get a PSP game?

YAY!?

+ Sla-Mori on February 11th, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

Let’s hope for some EU releases.

+ trustter on February 11th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

Thanks Grace!
I will buy as much as my pocket allows me. But please ask Sony for some more bundle with old stuff.

Also please bring Resident Evil psone games.

Lots of love!

+ Crono_Breaker on February 11th, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

When its coming up flower and al this sprin fever event? I hope the admin help to answer this question.

+ AesopB3EF on February 11th, 2009 at 7:28 pm said:

How about some more PS1 games sony???

+ supersaiyan500 on February 11th, 2009 at 7:54 pm said:

I want this game badly. Just one question: What will be the price of this game?

+ idontrockirap on February 11th, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

Alright Sony, good work bringing more downloadable games to the PSN. These, in addition to PixelJunk Dungeons and Fat Princess look like great additions to an already impressive lineup.

One important thing you guys need to address right away is getting PSN cards out there. I live in Canada and there are still no PSN cards anywhere! Fix this… people want to buy PSN games.

+ Kung_Fu_Russ on February 11th, 2009 at 8:37 pm said:

And yet SCEE have announced NOTHING.

SCEA, are you aware of how bad opinion of SCEE is? They release games late by up to 6 months, no announcements are ever made, and they screwed Capcom over royally by holding back SF2 HD.

See this MASSIVE thread on the official SCEE forums for info:

+ LokeSTL on February 11th, 2009 at 9:28 pm said:

Dudes….where are the friggin’ RPGs? I’ll be glad when devs get over this “let’s put out some inovative artsy” crap and get back to the formulas that work. Start dumping PSone RPGs on here so we have something to play while we’re waiting. By the way, how’s that PS2 BC coming? Year of the PS3 indeed…..

+ StaticFox on February 11th, 2009 at 9:41 pm said:

I want discounts!!

And Fat Princess!!

+ IronChefWong on February 11th, 2009 at 10:07 pm said:

That is great news. Love how lively the blog is becoming.

+ GoldenGotGame on February 11th, 2009 at 10:21 pm said:

I posted my question about Jeopardy! before I realized this was a post by Grace. She pretty much never replies or answers questions. I guess I should go off topic in another post if I want an answer…

+ HanSolo on February 11th, 2009 at 11:05 pm said:

fat princess=game of the year
also i want punisher game

nice job!!

+ Sekoku on February 11th, 2009 at 11:36 pm said:

If there isn’t any special pricing for old games (like you did this fall) I’m going to be slightly disappointed.

Still, the Punisher (even if it’s a crappy IP) looks to be really good for a downloadable only FPS, Noby Noby Boy is a day one for me, as is No Gravity.

Couldn’t care less about Flower though. I want games, not “games as art.”

+ superben1990 on February 11th, 2009 at 11:59 pm said:

diner dash would be awesome though!!!

+ AK-107 on February 12th, 2009 at 12:08 am said:

When does RogDoll & KungFu: Fists of Plastic come out?