No Man's Sky

Flower Available Today!

Randall Lowe's Avatar + Posted by Randall Lowe on Feb 12, 2009 // Associate Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio for Flower

We are delighted to remind you that Flower will be available TODAY on PSN for $9.99. No matter what type of gamer you are, we think you’ll find something in Flower that you enjoy. Our friends at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe put together this great trailer — it features the song “Catch The Wind” — to celebrate the game’s launch today. Both the trailer and the developer diary video will be available on the store today as well.

Sit back, relax and enjoy!

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ stlthriot on February 12th, 2009 at 9:03 am said:

Absolutely amazing looking game/experience! :D Eagerly awaiting the update of the PSN Store today!

+ JBruno on February 12th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

the will be a demo?

+ omnilaw on February 12th, 2009 at 9:06 am said:

I will buy it tonight

+ Link01 on February 12th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

… it looks amazing, I’m just not sure if I should buy it… I have $13.00 left on my account and I want the LBP Killzone 2 pack…. and I don’t know what else is coming out any time soon :(…I want the Punisher game…… oh oh and if any K2 map packs come out on release *who knows how long that will take*……. ARGGG… I really need a release date list :(

Randall Lowe's Avatar

+ Randall Lowe on February 12th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

My money\’s on you getting Flower. :)

+ EndOfDreams on February 12th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

Ive been looking for a PSN title to zone out with.

+ Onna76_NL on February 12th, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

I’m playing the game right now, (already available in the EU store), it has such an amazing experience, absolutely a must have! Finally a game that takes fully advantage of the tilt function of the controller. I hope more of these kind of indie, original games will be released on the PSN. I love those the best :)

+ Schitthammer on February 12th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

Buying this tonight, looks great!

+ SHOGUN34 on February 12th, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

what time does it come out (east coast)?

Randall Lowe's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 12th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

Roughly 5pm. Look for the post from Grace to go live on the blog, as per usual.

+ Onna76_NL on February 12th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

Will the soundtrack, by any chance, be released on PSN? I hope so…

+ Link01 on February 12th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

BTW… what song is that playing in the background plz?

Randall Lowe's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 12th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

The song is \’Catch the Wind\’ by Donovan. Check the link in the post above.

+ skynidas on February 12th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

Looks awesome, guys…this will definitely get a lot of downloads

+ Onna76_NL on February 12th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

@post 10 / Link01, read the blog post…

+ PirateThom on February 12th, 2009 at 9:18 am said:

Absolutely amazing.

Beautiful graphics, very good motion control gameplay, unique design…

10/10

Seriously, you’re doing your PS3 and HDTV a disservice by not having it. The sheer number of grass blades combined with the petals… it’s just, wow.

Randall Lowe's Avatar

+ Randall Lowe on February 12th, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

\”Seriously, you’re doing your PS3 and HDTV a disservice by not having [Flower].\”

Hm, I think I should make that my forum sig. :)

Thanks for the glowing review!

+ Link01 on February 12th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

@post 12……….. thanks… now I feel stupid… didn’t catch that part XD……..I posted right after watching the video

+ Sk8boyP on February 12th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

Wow, that’s great and all but can anyone please tell me when we’re going to get cross game chat, and any updates on that podcast?

+ Link01 on February 12th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

@post 12/Onna76_NL……….. thanks… now I feel stupid… didn’t catch that part XD……..I posted right after watching the video

+ Link01 on February 12th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

……. @post 15…….. we’d all like to know when the big 3.0 updates coming *hopefully with in game chatting*…. but……. you can complain all you want, you’ll probably just annoy the readers of the blog though, so just stick to the topic on here….. Sony’s already heard our calls and complaints, they know what we want, if they’re doing anything it’s in progress, there’s not anything we can do to change what’s going on

+ erico316ecw on February 12th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

this is something refreshing i will pick this up keep up the good work i hope to see another guys release this year by you guys

+ erico316ecw on February 12th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

games*

+ MiltonZep on February 12th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

Damn, it’s already on the EU store. WANT NAO!!

+ Axonn on February 12th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

Can’t wait for Store update!

+ stlthriot on February 12th, 2009 at 9:29 am said:

I love the new ThatGameCompany website btw! http://www.thatgamecompany.com
Pretty wicked!

+ Neil on February 12th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

I love That Game Company.

+ BigPoppaB on February 12th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

so no demo eh….

To beat this game to 100% completion, including all of the trophies… how long do you predict it will take the average gamer?

+ AtomicNutshot on February 12th, 2009 at 9:37 am said:

I’m buying this today.

@17 – I was kinda hoping someone would complain about multiple album editing.
That NEVER gets old!

+ LugeZ on February 12th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

Beautiful.

+ Wollan on February 12th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

Completed my first play through (EU PSN) not long ago (though there’s lots more to do, only got 2 out of 14 trophies).

I found the experience mindblowing.

Surprised how much variety you guys managed to cramp into what’s basically just steering with the sixaxis. Game wasn’t bloated in any way. A must have folks. Art, graphics, audio and overall concept and design is at the very top here.

Randall Lowe's Avatar

+ Randall Lowe on February 12th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Glad you enjoyed it :)

+ Ackers11 on February 12th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

Downloading….. NOW! but my sixaxis is screwed up, but i got another controller so its all good!

+ guitain on February 12th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

I think it’s funny, that people sometimes compare this game with Prince of Persia. I think a better and more precise comparison would be with Õkami.

Looks great, though! Can’t wait to play it now ^^

+ ZlimShady on February 12th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

I got it, paid for it, it’s mine, havent playd it, but i will ASP my girl is off the TV. Thanks Sony for another great idea of games. :)

+ KSPRAYDAD on February 12th, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

@24….

We could save FeaturePreacher the trouble and do it for him/her?

+ lakaiHIGH on February 12th, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

this is what ive been waiting for! ever since flOw ive been addicted to that game company and am truly thankful for all the hard work you guys have put into Flower. you guys have got another masterpiece in your hands. can’t wait to see/hear what is on the horizon. anything you guys put out i’ll buy.

thanks,
Lh

+ DarkCollaring on February 12th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

I will love That Game Company when I play this tonite.

I will hate That Game Company when the experience is over.

Any DLC plans ? Anytime soon ?

PS: keep up innovating and the amazing games.

+ lathieeshe on February 12th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

can’t wait! its not live yet. :-(

+ perrandy on February 12th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

this game seems to be pretty cool but i would like to try a demo before actually taking the plunge.anyways, nice going there sony i am already enjoying pixel junk monsters,bejewled 2 and superstardust hd…keep the good job sony

+ WestSiide on February 12th, 2009 at 9:52 am said:

Can someone explain to me exactly what type of game flower is?

Randall Lowe's Avatar

+ Randall Lowe on February 12th, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

Check out the Developer Diary link in the post – it should answer your questions.

+ Fersis on February 12th, 2009 at 9:53 am said:

+1 sale here.

+ jbullfrog23 on February 12th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

Looking forward to playing this tonight.

+ Jeigh on February 12th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

Ah, the trailer won’t really be necessary- I’ll see plenty of the game while I’m playing it. :)

+ VincentVendetta on February 12th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

I’ll sure get the game and I’ll sure get the trailer.

+ saintaqua on February 12th, 2009 at 9:58 am said:

Yay!! I’m so happy! I hope the update is up soon, and doesn’t wait until 7pm or later like the last two, or I will go crazy!!
Where is Kellee? I thought she (and Janice the muppet) would be posting this update.
Oh well, tell her hi for us.

Randall Lowe's Avatar

+ Kellee Santiago on February 12th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

Hey! Sorry, I was busy wrapping gifts for the team this morning in honor for the launch, so I had Randall post this ;-) But Randall is teh awesome! So it\’s aaaall good.

+ rospondek on February 12th, 2009 at 9:59 am said:

Just amazing. Those colors are just breathtaking. Thank You for this art :)

+ acerazer1 on February 12th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

I can’t wait. To say the least.

+ Cancer-fish on February 12th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

buying day one ;)

+ sam_i_jam on February 12th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

My $9.99 is yours FlOwer.

+ Matt2005USAF on February 12th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

Why is this $10 on US PSN but only 6.29 in Euros which is about $8????????? Is it our crap economy?

+ DonnyG on February 12th, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

Please update the store asap! I really want to play this as early as possible. How about right now?

Randall Lowe's Avatar

+ Randall Lowe on February 12th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

I wish DonnyG! Nice profile image I must say. :)

+ Capt-Fury- on February 12th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

this will come in handy to release some stress….(took 2 final test today)

+ Tondog on February 12th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

I am so excited to get this game. I love artsy stuff like this.

+ UNCyrus on February 12th, 2009 at 10:19 am said: