PS4-Infamous

Flower Available Today!

Randall Lowe's Avatar + Posted by Randall Lowe on Feb 12, 2009 // Associate Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio for Flower

We are delighted to remind you that Flower will be available TODAY on PSN for $9.99. No matter what type of gamer you are, we think you’ll find something in Flower that you enjoy. Our friends at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe put together this great trailer — it features the song “Catch The Wind” — to celebrate the game’s launch today. Both the trailer and the developer diary video will be available on the store today as well.

Sit back, relax and enjoy!

+ Skv007 on February 12th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

mine! I want it now >_<
Even though im at college atm, when i get home i’ll buy it.
I have been saving 20bucks in my account for oh-so-long for this game.
to my surprise its only 10$ Thanks alot ^^
I can buy 2 games now!
Maybe i’ll buy the encore for PixelMonsters now.. since thats the only pixeljunkie game i need after flower :D

+ Ftwrthtx on February 12th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

What about remote play for my PSP?

+ bigdaddyjane on February 12th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

PREEEETY

+ Dinsouza on February 12th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Sweet! I’ve been waiting for this for so long… Can’t believe I’ll be playing within a couple of hours!

Great job, thatgamecompany!

+ Pinhead_x on February 12th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

you guys are awesome. What a great concept and even better execution. This gotta be the most intuitive and awesome implementation of the Sisaxis in a game. And what a beauty!
Kudos to thatgamecompany. Whatever you do, you’ll always have my money in it.

+ lecrapper on February 12th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

I liked FLOW, but since SONY is SCREWING their fanbase buy charging them so much to fix the HUNDREDS of faulty PS3′s SONY sold to us, it’ll be a long time till I can support any of the software that this system exists for, seems like SONY is screwing their own publishers by screwing their own customers.
imagine I can buy a XB360 with a 3yr warranty for practically what sony charges to fix THEIR NEGLIGENCE

+ theotis826 on February 12th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

What is up with the acid trip games on PSN?
jk the visuals are really good….

+ DonnyG on February 12th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

by the way, that trailer is awesome

+ VixDiesel on February 12th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

Can’t wait.

+ Mort on February 12th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

Absolute 100% bolt on guarantee that I will buy this game tonight.

Only question is, what time does it become available?

+ Onna76_NL on February 12th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

” guitain | February 12th, 2009 at 9:43 am

I think it’s funny, that people sometimes compare this game with Prince of Persia. I think a better and more precise comparison would be with Õkami.”

Ding dong, so I’m not the only one?! I wanted to mention that here, that somehow Flower reminds me of Okami. Nature that look dark and dead, to make it alive and beautiful again.

I think people compare it with Prince of Persia because of the same beauty, calmness in the game, I think. I slightly compare it with it too.

@Link01, you’re welcome ;) And concerning your comment about the complaints, I’ve also noticed that Sony does take our complaints into notice and work on it. That’s the beauty of this blog :)

+ solarmessiah on February 12th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

do yall know if this is gonna be released in mexico? the store is never updated.

+ MegadethAndy on February 12th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

downloading now, pitty i have to wait till after work to play.

+ KSPRAYDAD on February 12th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

@50

Remote Play would be difficult since you are controlling the wind with your Sixaxis.

+ Ethereal on February 12th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

When the store updates, 9.99 will be subtracted from my wallet. Thanks for the awesome experience thatgamecompany, cant wait!

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on February 12th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

Demo? please say yes

+ lcmnick on February 12th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

“Why is this $10 on US PSN but only 6.29 in Euros which is about $8????????? Is it our crap economy?”

ROFL! You want to try living in the UK full time…then you’d be complaining. The amount we get ripped off compared to US prices on virtually everything is unbelievable.

+ KSPRAYDAD on February 12th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

@54…Xbox is only protected for 3 years against one specific issue that MS has admitted they knew about and built the machine anyway. And comparing a XArcade to a PS3 is laughable.

As you said…hundreds of PS3s…out of 20million sold…the PS3 failure rate is UNDER the consumer electronics average defect rate of 3%.

If you’d like I’ll gladly pay $150 to get your PS3 fixed if I can then have it….you can use the $150 to by an Xbox and we’ll both be peachy.

+ madtyger on February 12th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

I cannot wait to play this game!

+ Feeblebrain on February 12th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

@ comment 10, its Catch The Wind By Donovan

+ dehumanizer_666 on February 12th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

I want Wheel of Fortune!

+ thefjk on February 12th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

15% and Downloading… can’t wait!

+ TheGuardianFID on February 12th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

I can’t wait to play it guys it looks beautiful, great job, I’ll be downloading it as soon as it’s available!!! :D

+ NightHawk17 on February 12th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

Ive got my wallet ready for this game:)

+ FelonOnParole on February 12th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

This game would put me to sleep in 3 minutes flat..

+ CinderShadow on February 12th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

Beautiful trailer. I’m looking forward to playing this a lot.

+ motorhead85021 on February 12th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

I will be all over this today.

+ zombie9 on February 12th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

#55 I supose U havent heard of RROD maybe you should get that box.. I wouldn’t LOL RROD is back and big than before LOL!!!! And flower I might pick it up if it ever goes on sale!!! PS3 PWNS the BOX

+ rospondek on February 12th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

Is there any hope to implement in Flower XMB screenshots just like in Echochrome? This game is begging for this option…

+ Ti_dus on February 12th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

I have just completed Flower. What can I say? Best PSN game ever!!! It’s beautiful ;)

+ sniper26 on February 12th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

We need gamers as a collective to petition for demos for all games released trailers and reviews are never 100% accurate Our money is to valuable to throw away on over hyped garbage not directed at flower just upset about this trend of doing bussiness.

+ lambsoft on February 12th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

Ok, I added $$ to my wallet, ready to pay, but when I logged into the Store I saw no sign of FlOwer ?? Am I missing something ?? Some people are saying they are downloading / completed the game – is this a phased release ?? I am US based so I want to know when I can hand over my cash and get my download !!

+ Onna76_NL on February 12th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

Who the heck says the game is only 6,29 Euro? That’s in Great Brittan Pounds silly, the game in the Euro store cost 7,99 Euro, which is only a difference of 30 Eurocent, about 0,25Dollar, gee that’s a rip off! *sigh*

Plus a lot of PSN games they charge 9,99 Euro (cuboid) for while the price in US store is 9,99USD. Thought you should know.

+ loklok10 on February 12th, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

i will buy it tonight…. haha

+ Onna76_NL on February 12th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

@Lambsoft, that’s because we are people in Europe and due to the fact Europe is about 6-9 hours ahead from the US, our store has been updated sooner.

+ RO13ERT159 on February 12th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

definently not my type of game but sure does show off the ps3′s hd capabilities looks amazing

+ norm01 on February 12th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

Genius marketing to have this game come out near Valentine’s Day when “flowers” are in the minds of the mass consumers.

+ Onna76_NL on February 12th, 2009 at 11:45 am said:

@Sniper26, some games don’t need demos to persuade people to buy them, all you need to do is read gamers their responses, that’s what I always do. No one can doubt about the experiences of the gamers and since I’m one of them I can tell you, “flower” is an experience in a lifetime of any gamer!

+ Sereal_Killer on February 12th, 2009 at 11:46 am said:

i am sad that i stil cant buy any PSN games >.<
i really want sony to release the PSN cards in europe. holland to be precise.
i have so many games thar i want to buy but im not sure if im gona get a credit card here yet since im a student and all and i cant find pre-paid visas like they have in the US.

anyway keep up the good work with the indy games and ill be sure to buy them if i see them in a psn pack in stores like ive seen other games bundled

+ stlthriot on February 12th, 2009 at 11:47 am said:

Just out of curiousity, Sony can you post the Day 1 downloads/purchases tomorrow for Flower, I am excited to see how well it does throughout the world. :)

+ Maluraq on February 12th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

I’ll buy this tonight. It may not be all its cracked up to be or it may be a lot of fun, but it looks like the kind of thing I can show off for kicks to random non-gamers which is always entertaining.

You should see people’s faces when they realize the fish respond to their movements in Aquatopia. I use it as a screen saver / intrigue piece.

+ TheSorrow_101 on February 12th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

Looks amazing.
By the way is Flow worth buying cause I was thinking about buying it but I wasn’t too sure.

+ lambsoft on February 12th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

@Onna76_NL : Thanks !
In this day and age I would expect a global rollout at the same time… Here I sit, $$ burning a hole in my pocket, I want to spend it, but now I have time to reconsider… Oh well, sounds like it is worth the $10 ! Will wait for it to blossom over here on the US Store…

+ acmilanboy on February 12th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

Is it too girly?

Randall Lowe's Avatar

+ Kellee Santiago on February 12th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

I\’m actually the only woman on the development team, so I would say no.

+ Onna76_NL on February 12th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

@Sereal_Killer, I’m also from Holland, personally I own a Credit Card but have you ever considered getting US pre paid cards from Ebay by using Paypal? You don’t need a credit card to use Paypal, only your bank account.

My apologies Sony if I’m not allowed to say this, but seriously, the people in Europe like Sereal_Killer who won’t get a Credit Card and therefore can’t download PSN games because they’re “still” waiting for those stupid PSN tickets, is just plain ridiculous!

+ redknight4 on February 12th, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

in japan flower is called flowery well at leadt there is a ps3 theme for flower in japan will there be a us release of the theme

+ KUSHman666 on February 12th, 2009 at 11:55 am said:

ZOMG im soo ready for this experience

+ meep_moop_meep on February 12th, 2009 at 11:57 am said:

awesome, can’t wait to get this.

keep bringing out these unique games!

+ Onna76_NL on February 12th, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

@acmilanboy, umm too girly? Not sure what you define under girly, but if you think you’ll meet up with barbie, see a few ponies running around or find some cute, little kittens, I must disappoint you. Don’t worry, the game is uni-sex approved.

+ TheInfectedBy590 on February 12th, 2009 at 12:05 pm said: