Final Fantasy XV

Feb 12

Feb 12

Flower Available Today!

Randall Lowe's Avatar Posted by Associate Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio for Flower

We are delighted to remind you that Flower will be available TODAY on PSN for $9.99. No matter what type of gamer you are, we think you’ll find something in Flower that you enjoy. Our friends at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe put together this great trailer — it features the song “Catch The Wind” — to celebrate the game’s launch today. Both the trailer and the developer diary video will be available on the store today as well.

Sit back, relax and enjoy!

Add Your Own

cjaxxhoneyb said:

February 12th, 12:06 pm

since when does a release date equal “very late in the day”??

Gr00v3r06 said:

February 12th, 12:06 pm

So with this video are you saying this game has custom soundtrack support. Please say yes it does. It would be great to unwind playing this game with my tunes in the background.

Mickeymac93 said:

February 12th, 12:07 pm

Looks like another feel-good relaxation game from the makers of Flow. I’ll make sure to pick it up if I ever get a PS3.

Onna76_NL said:

February 12th, 12:10 pm

@Gr00v3r06, you should use the in-game soundtrack to feel entirely connected to the meaning of the game.

Am I seriously the only one that never ever wants in-game soundtrack support, but even wants some game music as a soundtrack so I can listen to the fine arrangements at times?

Onna76_NL said:

February 12th, 12:22 pm

@Westslide, Flower is a beautiful, intense spiritual experience that drags your busy, over tensed butt from out of reality and pulls you into a dream filled with amazing sound, colors and surroundings with the intention to let loose all the tension and relax by the most stunning HD graphics you’ve ever seen in any PSN game out there.

The meaning is to collect as many petals as possible to bloom a dark, gloomy surrounding into a bright, beautiful scenery.

More I can’t say, you just have to see it for yourself ;)

Randall Lowe's Avatar

Randall Lowe said:

February 12th, 1:28 pm

I think you\’re trying to steal my job Onna76_NL. :) Your answer to Westslide hits nail on the head, leaving me with nothing left to say. Not that its a bad thing!

Brownber said:

February 12th, 12:22 pm

Wow, guys-what a game! Completed in one sitting (because it was thoroughly engrossing, not because it was short!) Everything just works so well-the gorgeous graphics, beautiful sound and perfect controls! And the last level – wow – just wow!

Congrats and thankyou tgc!

SpyDudeFX said:

February 12th, 12:22 pm

It’s never usually 5PM, I think Sony needs to launch the update earlier and on-time each week. Some weeks the content was updated as late as 9PM ET. I really don’t get why the updates don’t happen by the afternoon lol

And yes great game, good price and can’t wait.

Bildo818 said:

February 12th, 12:28 pm

Flower will be receiving my $9.99 in T-minus 1 hour and 33 minutes! (give or take whatever due to the update time :-)

nico2409 said:

February 12th, 12:31 pm

Hi from Europe!
I already bought the game today and it`s amazing…but a bit short.

Bildo818 said:

February 12th, 12:33 pm

oops…and also, does this support:

Custom Soundtracks?
Screenshot?

And if not….what games do have the PS3 firmware enabled screenshot function? I really hope there is atleast one developer that has utilized this feature. Nothing like slapping Sony in the face saying, “We know its there, we just don’t want to take the extra time to implement it into our game!” I wouldn’t mind Sony doing the same thing like they did with trophies. Make it mandatory….

Or wait…how about this, why leave it up to the developer? Make it so the feature blanks out the pause screen and takes it. I mean, lets start streamlining everything Sony. If you make something, lets be able to actually USE IT!

Zhi13 said:

February 12th, 12:37 pm

Sweet Cant wait till the store updates~!

jipmg said:

February 12th, 12:39 pm

Im getting this no matter what!

Rhez said:

February 12th, 12:39 pm

Yay it’s finally here!!!

Audioboxer said:

February 12th, 12:41 pm

Just completed Flower, I’m typing this whilst my jaws still lying on the floor below my couch.

Hats off guys, one of the most refreshing titles this generation, and well, ever really.

I cannot wait to see what thatgamecompany do next. If possible, please tell them to support Flower with some sort of DLC, or expand on the idea? ;)

Roliga_Timmen said:

February 12th, 12:51 pm

Yeah, whatsup with these release dates???? 2/12 should mean 2/12, not the last two hours of 2/12.

Blkant said:

February 12th, 12:53 pm

This is your second game of the three games your contracted to make for Sony. After the third game is finished, will you guys look to start a new contract with sony or are you going to move on?

Killocity said:

February 12th, 1:04 pm

Wow.
I just finished this, after a couple hour’s playing… I loved it.

I found myself at one point in the game actually saying out loud “I really hate the city…” and this is one of the few games where I’ve felt compelled to actually beating the final ‘boss’, and actually care!

Eye-poppingly beautiful, especially on a HDTV, and supremely relaxing for the most part. Stunning in every way. I am so glad I bought this. :)

psyXcho said:

February 12th, 1:08 pm

lower it by $5 and you have a purchase.

Randall Lowe's Avatar

Kellee Santiago said:

February 12th, 7:01 pm

Please give us the additional $5 so we can afford burritos for lunch…. =(

Sereal_Killer said:

February 12th, 1:11 pm

@ onna

ive considered that and personally i use everything from the US store anyway.

but i gues ill just see if i can get a CC . i dont have problems with managing money,

but cmon sony how long has it been since were suposed to get those cards, i know ps3 has a more mature following but kids want to buy games too with their pocket money and for that they need a psn card.

but i also dont inderstand why here in holland there is no such thing as a pre-paid visa <.<

anyway till i get psn cards or a visa sony wont be able to get my money

afrosheen said:

February 12th, 1:18 pm

Amazing looking game but the trailer has horrible music. My hair actually grew 9 inches and I felt high.

I’ll be buying this today regardless.

theinfamousjaywe said:

February 12th, 1:21 pm

Aww man…this is perfect. Between my wife being diagnosed with gestational diabetes, her grandmother having a heart attack and surgery for four blockages, and too much trouble to name, I have had the most horrible time this week, but this will definitely alleviate the stress. Perfect timing, Sony. Thank you.

Randall Lowe's Avatar

Kellee Santiago said:

February 12th, 7:01 pm

I\’m so sorry to hear about all of your troubles. We really hope \”Flower\” brings some relief to you.

ZlimShady said:

February 12th, 1:23 pm

Yeah, i got 2 trophies, Completed the story, now it’s time to get all the trophies (if I can). Anyway, loved the game. Got my mind into other things then work. definitely worth the money. Well, get of the computer and let’s play :D

Thx again.

lebron_accel said:

February 12th, 1:34 pm

the trailer was so relaxing!

SPOPS said:

February 12th, 1:37 pm

Flower looks like an intriguing game. But I would really like to check out a Demo before I purchase it. Any chance of us getting a demo to try it out???

Spyre-wolf said:

February 12th, 1:38 pm

wth?~ 4.35pm still not up on the site, this blows, i was looking forward to playing this when i finished work, i work a high stress job and thought this would be a nice way to lax out :(

Lil_Mermaid_Girl said:

February 12th, 1:38 pm

Now that you’re done with flower and it’s out, hopefully you’ll work on a flOw trophy patch :D

The_Apprentice said:

February 12th, 1:41 pm

Tell me….what did you think waking up to the release date of Flower…a game that is so highly praised? :)

kentfallskiller said:

February 12th, 1:43 pm

DONOVAN!!!! no song would be more perfect.. im getting it right when it goes live guys. thanks for such an awesome calming video gaming experience

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

February 12th, 1:48 pm

Great video i hope the game has that song so i can enjoy it as i play. Also can we get custom soundtrack support i know many songs that i can listen to while i play!

Please plan to add this… thanks.

LN

Sharingan_itachi said:

February 12th, 1:49 pm

Classic :)

starBlinky01 said:

February 12th, 1:53 pm

ME WANT!!

howbout a Jim Croce song next time?? :D :D

Cant wait to play this game :) :)

Onna76_NL said:

February 12th, 2:01 pm

@Randall, lol sorry about that, when it comes to games I can get carried away haha. No not trying to steal your job, hmm, just try to spread the love so to make Flower one of the best selling PSN games out there, but hey, if you at Sony need people to spread the words, you know where to find me :-)

Alex_Assassin_08 said:

February 12th, 2:04 pm

Wow…just…wow. I was talking to my girlfriend on MSN when I fired the game up, thought I was playing for a min and I’d been gone an hour :)

this is themost beautiful game of all time, seriously :)

All PS3 owners NEED this game! ITS FANTASTIC!

Now if only I could work out how the hell you get the ‘flOw’ trophy…:P

Always a fan, to…y’kno, thatgamecompany…you know the one?

Alex

boybrushdred said:

February 12th, 2:07 pm

its not on the “new releases” menu. but you can find it on “game love” or “staff picks”

jipmg said:

February 12th, 2:09 pm

Good job Onna, true Playstation fans trying to let people know about the game so it can do well, FLOWER is amazing, I hope you guys at “THAT GAME COMPANY”/Sony will make add ons, and maybe similar games with its style (I would love a psp version).

FLOW was a bit dissapointing, but nevertheless FLOWER is amazing, and I havent played it yet LMAO, Im just basing this off the IGN review, and ofcourse Onna. Looks amazing atleast. Now if only sony would actually advertise its INNOVATIVE GAMES, people would actually know that the ps3 isnt just a glorified bluray player (general consensus of people in the outside world).

boybrushdred said:

February 12th, 2:09 pm

628 MB. im downloading it now.

Squall2600 said:

February 12th, 2:14 pm

Purdy

JpaQ said:

February 12th, 2:22 pm

I hope there’s a demo. I’m mostly an Action Gamer and from the videos this doesn’t look like a game i’d play a lot.
Since many people are giving high praises, i’d like to check it out b4 plopping down my money.

tolkienfanatic said:

February 12th, 2:39 pm

Downloading now. I wish it would go faster!

Berae said:

February 12th, 2:55 pm

I just got home from work and i’m downloading it at the moment

Cant wait to try it!

MegadethAndy said:

February 12th, 2:58 pm

Great game, had to come home for lunch just to play, very well done controls an a nice relaxing game.

JimInPT said:

February 12th, 3:23 pm

Whomever selected/licensed the Donovan song for the trailer did an inspired job – absolutely perfect fit with the theme of this game.

Is it in the game itself as well?

mafecto said:

February 12th, 3:27 pm

@56

please..go buy an xbox…just promise to stay off the blog, k?

SS_keyblade said:

February 12th, 3:46 pm

Looks Great, who do I contact for me to review this game? and yes I’m being serious.

KinjiroSSD said:

February 12th, 3:57 pm

Loving Flower. I’m glad Sony is open minded to these games.

Thrasher20 said:

February 12th, 4:01 pm

I been getting into Flower lately, so I’ll buy it soon hopefully

Berae said:

February 12th, 4:04 pm

ok i played the 2 first levels and… wow what a great game! it is so relaxing and beautiful
Good job! I hope to see more original games from you guys on the PSN

nuness1988 said:

February 12th, 4:30 pm

Such a good game. Thank you so much to all the developers.

TRKMDA said:

February 12th, 4:43 pm

I think I’m in love with this game.
Anyone know how many secret flowers are in each level?