Far Cry 4

Lumines Classic Pack Coming Today, Celebrates 4 Years of Block-puzzling Fun!

Tetsuya Mizuguchi's Avatar + Posted by Tetsuya Mizuguchi on Feb 12, 2009 // Executive Producer, Q Entertainment

Lumines Classic Pack Screenshot 2

It’s hard to believe that 4 years has passed by since the original Lumines was released for the PSP. Thanks to you addicts out there (!) the Lumines series has sold over two million units across multiple platforms and it’s time that we bring you the skins that started the Lumines addiction! The “Classic Pack” includes 20 skins from the original Lumines and is sure to bring back memories…at least for me it does. The Classic Pack will be available on the PlayStation Network starting Today, Feb. 12. Enjoy!

Lumines Classic Pack Screenshot 1 Lumines Classic Pack Screenshot 4 Lumines Classic Pack Screenshot 3 Lumines Classic Pack Screenshot 5

53 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ AtomicNutshot on February 12th, 2009 at 6:09 am said:

Four years, eh? Happy Birthday!

+ CaruthK on February 12th, 2009 at 6:23 am said:

This is oh so grate. Now add back the online that the 360 has plus the Player Vs. CPU. I love this game I just think you guys did not give us a full game.
Why did you guys did not put online or Vs. CPU back in the one?

+ JohnnyMoses on February 12th, 2009 at 6:23 am said:

Looks cool but, no mention of price. Is it free? A free “thank you”?

+ NoLaws on February 12th, 2009 at 6:31 am said:

Congratz on the 4 year milestone. Will you celebrate this by releasing the skin pack for free ? :D

+ Swedgen on February 12th, 2009 at 6:38 am said:

Price? 2.99 sounds about right.

+ lakaiHIGH on February 12th, 2009 at 6:42 am said:

i love supernova! still currently working on the trophies though… my god some of these are hard. wish me luck guys. thanks for the classic skins Tetsuya!

peace,
Lh

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on February 12th, 2009 at 6:46 am said:

Free? cause $15 for the game is alredy high, that’s what’s stopping me from buying it, if it was $10 I would’ve bought it since launch

+ Jeigh on February 12th, 2009 at 6:50 am said:

@ CaruthK

I know how you feel- my relationship with this game is a love/hate thing. It’s fun and all, but I really think there are some things missing. Speaking of ‘missing,’ I couldn’t help but notice the conspicuous absence of any mention of price…

+ UNCyrus on February 12th, 2009 at 6:56 am said:

Does this title have remote play capabilities?

+ twooh on February 12th, 2009 at 7:02 am said:

@ ROLO_ONFIRE

Same here.

+ omnilaw on February 12th, 2009 at 7:08 am said:

Any chance this update will include online play and voice chat?

Or is it even coming?

+ mafecto on February 12th, 2009 at 7:10 am said:

Great game, congrats, but the other folks are right. There are some the things missing from this version that are in the 360 version. Think we wouldn’t notice???

+ DLB on February 12th, 2009 at 7:15 am said:

Looking forward to this one.

DLB~

+ Ftwrthtx on February 12th, 2009 at 7:18 am said:

Sure would like to see remote play be added to this game. That would be a game seller for me.

+ marcindpol on February 12th, 2009 at 7:26 am said:

what about us eropeans?, where the hell is free holliday pack? and this new one?!!!

ehh Sony how do you want convince me to buy Lumines!!!

current way does not and will not work!

realy dissapointed

+ Spyda8012 on February 12th, 2009 at 7:29 am said:

I’m Happy to hear this but where the hell is the Player vs. CPU mode. Until you add it you will not be getting anymore of my money sorry

+ kyosuke9999 on February 12th, 2009 at 7:41 am said:

@7

I agree. $15 is a bit stiff when things like flower and pain can be had for cheaper. I’d spend $10 on it.

I mean isn’t pixel junk eden and monsters even cheaper than that?

+ Big_Hawk97 on February 12th, 2009 at 7:48 am said:

Never played this series. Might as well give it a go.

+ mywhitenoise on February 12th, 2009 at 7:53 am said:

This is way too expensive. I thought the initial $15 (which I did end up spending) was ridiculous enough. You’re not getting my money this time.

+ TakiFuGu on February 12th, 2009 at 8:00 am said:

I love Lumines but I don’t see myself paying an extra $4.99 for this dlc. It doesn’t even includes new Trophies. In total we’ll end up paying $20 for the entire game. I say we all don’t buy it, that way Sony we’ll review the pricing.

+ Keebzerz on February 12th, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

Where doese it say $4.99? Considering I alreadys spent $15 on LS, there’s no way I’m spending more money on skin pack that’s 4 years old.

+ jncasanova on February 12th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

this pack is Valentine’s gift to us or does it has a price?

will online mode and more trophies be added later?

and how many skins are there!!? my calculations are 70 because I have 66 and it’s 92% unlocked (I think)

are there any plans for more skins like the Madonna one?

thanks for supporting the game, I’ll be waiting for more add-ons!!

+ Kenshin71 on February 12th, 2009 at 8:24 am said:

Cool, would like to see Rez on the PSN too please. I’m sure Q Entertainment is not allergic to money.

+ mywhitenoise on February 12th, 2009 at 8:26 am said:

@21, it was reported $4.99 on joystiq.com

+ GoldenGotGame on February 12th, 2009 at 8:51 am said:

Kotaku reported it $4.99 also. I feel like that’s a bit steep for previously released skins. $2.99 would’ve been better. That being said, being able to listen to Shinin’ in 5.1 makes this DLC sold. I guess I’m a sucker.

…Shinin’ is part of this pack right?

+ Onna76_NL on February 12th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

When will Europe get the packs? Dumb idea of me again to buy the European version instead of US. Of course “we need” to wait again. Just like with Blast Works. Saw the trophies list, sounded like fun to collect them, me downloading the game, and guess what… no patch! I felt pretty screwed.

+ HongoXIII on February 12th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

Cool stuff! Now Mr. Mizuguchi, work on Space Channel 5: Part 3 please. :D

+ Enigma777 on February 12th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

Lower the price to 10$ and I will buy it… that or include the game and this pack for $15

+ TakiFuGu on February 12th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

@21

It is $4.99. They are just not stating it on this blog. Google it and you’ll find other articles about this Lumines DLC.

+ IronChefWong on February 12th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

Lumines is great. Wish it was free though.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on February 12th, 2009 at 9:51 am said:

$5?? damn!, so the game + classic pack= $20, oh man, I’m not buying it, too expensive for a puzzle downloadable game. I’d rather get Bionic Comando R for $10 and SPF2T with the other $10.

I really wanted Lumines and was looking forward to it when it was announced, but the price took me down, and now that I know that it doesn’t has online and vs CPU, it seems even more expensive

+ DropD on February 12th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

skins should be .99 cents imho, also the difficulty ramps up too fast in this game.
Makes it a “not fun” game for me, just sayin’.

+ Sig-gotyouth on February 12th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

$5 is way to much in my opinion. I’ll wait it out and get it one day if I’m bored

+ NightHawk17 on February 12th, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

please tell me shinin is in the pack cause if it is it’s a insta-buy along with flower

+ rez33 on February 12th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

Awesome news! Thanks, Tetsuya Mizuguchi! I am really looking forward to this pack. I’ve been enjoying Lumines Supernova and I’m hoping to see Rez HD and Every Extend Extra Extreme on PSN soon. Thanks again for the Anniversary Pack. It was a surprise to me!

+ BLooDLUstz on February 12th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

@32
are you kidding me! You talking about challenge mode right? (if your not disregard this) but imo the game is too easy. It isn’t as hard as it was on the psp.

Anyway this crap should be free. Im not buying it. They need to get online VS. and cpu VS. cause right now the game is boring

+ neorudemovement on February 12th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

i only paid the highly priced 14.99 because my girlfriend liked this game from her psp.

this isnt a $20 game!

if people by all the LBP DLC that turns into a game over $100. people are going to start to realize all of this and only buy games that come complete.

i spend money weekly on PSN for games if they are available. stuff like this just pisses me off, same if you are going to charge a bunch for the expansion on magicball

+ jqtaxpayer on February 12th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Greatest puzzle series of all time. Definitely looking forward to this, and any future skins for Lumines Supernova.

Thanks for a great game, Mr. Mizuguchi!

PS – Got 100% on the trophy list just a few days ago… that puzzle mode took me a while!

+ DaWolf619 on February 12th, 2009 at 11:22 am said:

No price announcement is not giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

+ Demonic_Zhen on February 12th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

You know, I thought 15 USD was a bit steep for this game, but I bought it because I love the series. I played it for hours anywhere I went so I had to get it on the PSN. I love the game, but I feel like I never received the full game (No multiplayer, etc.). Now you tell me that I can have all the old skins that made me love the game for a price!? I’m sorry, this is fun but I feel I have paid for enough of the game. Don’t let this discourage you to stop updating it. Please by all means, add multiplayer to this skin pack and I’ll pay. But do me (and yourself) a favor, don’t you dare start thinking you can make an extra buck by removing content and placing it in a DLC and call it an “upgrade” when it should have been there in the first place!

+ CinderShadow on February 12th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

I really enjoyed Meteos on DS, but I always thought to myself: “with all these rockets, and marvelous emphasis on sound and vibrant visuals, combined with addictive gameplay, wouldn’t this game be SO much better on my HD set!”

I really hope you will consider bringing that inspired Meteos experience to PSN.

+ Rhez on February 12th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

oooh nice, definitely getting this one. Loved Supernova.

+ jipmg on February 12th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

Wow, the psn is getting huge updates today, amazing, PSN is starting to be loved again from me.

+ TrapZero on February 12th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

Shinin’, Shake Ya Body, & Music in my soul is worth $5!

Is it gonna have the music videos skins from Lumines 2.

+ JpaQ on February 12th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

i’ve never bought this game b4, but after playing it on my friends PS3, i was hooked. I loved 2-player mode. But, when he told me that it didnt have 2-player online, i was disappointed and didnt buy game for my ps3. I cud always go to his house to play it, so there wasnt enuf incentive to buy it.

Hell of a game though.

+ TheInfectedBy590 on February 12th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

Is Shining in this pack?

+ Hsanrb on February 12th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

I figured a Classic pack would bring back my favorite song from Lumines (every version) and it wasn’t there…

How can you forget Lights… thats the greatest classic of all time… and I get all the way to 2-1 on Classic pack and no Lights. So much for $5.40 down the drain…

Maybe next time I’ll find a skin list before I purchase so I can avoid the disappointment. Would love to play Lights without turning on my PSP all the time.

+ Thrasher20 on February 12th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

Oo Luminies…

+ TheInfectedBy590 on February 12th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

Is Shinin’ in it?!

+ Hellblazer on February 12th, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

Yeah, how come we Europeans didn’t get the holiday skins add-on? Not only did we have to wait well over a month but we only ended up with 2/3r’ds of the game the US/JP got.

Downright unfair and pretty shameful, and why the hell has it disappeared from the US/JP stores? Least you could have done was patch it into the EU version of the download.

While I’m at it, this game desperately needs friends leader-boards and a fix for the buggy puzzle mode.

Sort it out Miz!