Uncharted 4

The PSB, SOCOM & Killzone Recap

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Feb 14, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Courtesy of Cindy “Abigale” Bowens

• State of the Game – The SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Online Team clues us in on how things are going and has some new stats for you.

killzone

Courtesy of Victor Zuylen – Editor, Killzone Community

• The Second Extrasolar War – A Helghast tactician advises Visari on the reasons for the failed invasion of Vekta, and the lessons that can be drawn from it.

40 Comments   1 Reply

+ jakinov on February 14th, 2009 at 12:08 pm said:

Are there going to be more Previews of upcoming game like what they did GOW3, Infamous, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 where they had a day where they showed off their game to everyone and a week or hours after evreything site would have a preview and images of it at a certain time?

+ ghamdikh1 on February 14th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

+ ghamdikh1 on February 14th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

+ jakinov on February 14th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Better way to phrase that.

Will there be more press events for upcoming games like they’ve already done with GOW3, Uncharted 2, and Infamous?

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on February 14th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

Yes…no specifics yet, but we\’ll definitely bring you updates and info on them as they happen in the future.

+ ghamdikh1 on February 14th, 2009 at 12:14 pm said:

great week indeed.

+ Carl-G on February 14th, 2009 at 12:17 pm said:

Flower is cool :)
Any chance of doing Trophies for ‘Fl0w’??? :)

+ TheHater2 on February 14th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

have Jeff, I still have yet to receive my email with the code to download the game for the PSP from the latest episode of Qore. I been a Qore Subscriber since last August.

+ Hpedni on February 14th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

<3 flower. It’s been a good week for me gaming wise. Bought a lot of psn games and preordered kz2. Need a survival horror game now though. Already have bioshock and dead space. Gonna try out silent hill homecoming. Don’t care how old it is.

+ KazeEternal on February 14th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

God of War 3 and KZ2 stuff was really the big listers of the week for me.

God of War 3 especially.

However I feel that it is odd that Playboy Magazine seems to think that they can speak for what gamers want and had the gull to ask the question they did. I want more story and more cut scenes, flow is certainly important to me, but i have had no complaints about the length of story.

+ KUSHman666 on February 14th, 2009 at 12:52 pm said:

great week for playstation3 owners everywhere. street fighter 4 next week then K2. its madness! flower was awesome btw ;-)

+ Hpedni on February 14th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

Oh yeah I forgot about siren. I should give that a shot.

+ Ftwrthtx on February 14th, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

Killzone 2 can’t get here fast enough. Too bad Godfather 2 was delayed, but at least I have a replacement game pre-ordered.

Thanks for the links

+ GGCAN on February 14th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

I purchased Flower last night and I have to say for 9.99 it is a great game.

Actually played the game till the wee hours of the morning.

+ TerryVSL on February 14th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

The dwindling Xbox fans in the media are now just flailing around spewing almost incoherent trash at the PS3 and PS3 owners.

Killzone 2
Uncharted 2
God of War 3

If equally mind boggling good Heavey Rain and GT5 footage comes out soon there are going to be mass suicides…

+ lakaiHIGH on February 14th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

awesome close to the week! official god of war 3 trailer definitely made it. oh and i just picked up force unleashed and PoP from Circuit City for $35 a piece.

peace,
Lh

+ Darkos87 on February 14th, 2009 at 2:21 pm said:

Hello Jeff, I just finished Flower and saw your name on the credits! Didn’t know you were famous :)

I loved the game, even though I think it’s too expensive on the UK store

+ bball230 on February 14th, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

killzone 2 ad..??? come on! only 2 weeks till launch! the whole idea is to hype the game before release.. so that people want it really bad even though its not availible.

hurry.. i hope to see a post on here by at least tuesday regarding the ads.

+ Blkant on February 14th, 2009 at 2:29 pm said:

Any news about possibly adding a -Photo Gallery- like feature to the music and movies department? Because the current options for organization are terrible. They need to be more like itunes or specifically Front Row. Also is there any more word on the Killzone 2 advertisements yet? The game is in less than two weeks and there hasnt been a single advertisement period? This game needs to be shown to the world!

Lastly is there any chance that we might actually get full/live coverage of the xgames maybe? I mean seriously sony has been sponsoring that for how long now??? Its about time we start getting some serious exclusive features like that guys.

+ mafecto on February 14th, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

Big highlights this week for me were:

Flower – awesome game, just buy it.

KZ2 review scores – makes the waiting that much harder.

GOW3 coverage – wow…

Anyways, looking for more info on heavy rain and fat princess. Also, Infamous is looking way deeper and more intriguing than Prototype…nice work!

On a side note, any idea when Warhawk is hitting $19.99 on the PS store? I think its about time it did, I’ve been playing the Blu Ray religiously since it came out and I’d love to have it on my hardrive at all times. Just not gonna pay $30 to do so. Pass it along!

+ NewYork214 on February 14th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

today is my birthday where is my present from sony ;(. lol i wanted a happy birthday card from my friends at sony lol.

+ Darth_Lali on February 14th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

Flower is indeed a great game. Loved it.

BTW any news for God of War III?

+ Blkant on February 14th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

Plus whatever happened with Life with Playstation. I thought people said it would continue to grow as well yet, like home, it has yet to under go any changes? There hasnt been anything new or interesting for some time now :(

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 14th, 2009 at 3:24 pm said:

So I am guessing God of War III will follow suite and release sometime in March 2010?

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 14th, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

I forgot to mention I am quite upset at SCEA / Sony in general I know I am not a huge media outlet but I would have loved to have received a Patapon V-Day card containing a UMD demo, it would have made my year!

+ mendezgato on February 14th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

wow busy weekend for us, i think that this has been the busiest i ever seen the blog, is good that street fighter 4 is coming this week to ease the paint until kill zone 2 comes out!

+ lebron_accel on February 14th, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

can u guys bring the guys from Gurella games here to talk about the, um, DUh! the most amazing game in the world-killzone 2?
like Q&A from the bloggers or any thing just bring them here! lol!

+ Pound_lb003 on February 14th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

Team ICO news soon?

Or is that gonna be saved for E3, as an amazing announcement?

Ugh, June.

+ NEJI64 on February 14th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

With Qore this month on the download screen it said paid subscriber was going to get the promo code for Syphon Filter. Do you know when the code will be emailed out?

+ Pound_lb003 on February 14th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

What am I saying, you guys don’t know a damn thing do you?

The most you get is the most accurate rumours.

SCEJ kills me.

+ AshtonFX on February 14th, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

@jeff or chris

you guys ,start the freakin ad campaign for your biggest game in Q1 already, you know i m talking about KZ2.the game will be out in 2 weeks .Start the damn ads already man.

other than that awesome news .THese past couple of weeks have been great with Uncharted 2,killzne 2,GOWIII and infamous stuff.keep up the good work man.

cheers

+ SpookieJuice on February 14th, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

Jeff, I have an huge favor too ask.

With the release of Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection on the PlayStation 3 things have gone almost flawlessly, except for one thing. When have a BlueTooth headset turned on during game play, it will automaticly re-direct all sound threw your headset resulting in no audio.

I myself dont know how to personaly get in touch with Sega to help them relize this problem. Is there anyway you could do this for the PS3 fans who purchased this game?

Thanks
SpookieJuice.

+ carder80 on February 14th, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

how do you play the new nhl 3on3 arcade once you buy it of the playstation store

+ Jon_Mclane on February 14th, 2009 at 7:56 pm said:

hey I saw that guy who did the E3 sony press conference handing the trophy for the ps skills challenge

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on February 14th, 2009 at 9:11 pm said:

weird i cant post on the psu?

+ Xuchilbara on February 15th, 2009 at 2:05 am said:

Awesome. I hope to see more press events for upcoming video games here in the blog

+ GHenrik on February 15th, 2009 at 6:38 am said:

Hey Chris!

Could you or Jeff give us a showdown of the PSB survey you had a week+ ago? I loooove to see numbers!

+ Midgetguy on February 15th, 2009 at 7:16 am said:

I think I’m with everyone else on this blog when I say that this was a GREAT week! Seriously, this whole month has been great, and will only get better! (February 27th!)

I’m hoping that there will be a LOT more info on Heavy Rain in the next few months… That game has got me more excited than any other!!!! (I’m a freak when it comes to games with a HUGELY fleshed out story!) And it’s not even done going through development and it’s already the best looking game I’ve ever seen, period!

+ SpiritThief on February 15th, 2009 at 8:06 am said:

Is there ever going to be Resistance 2 DLC?

+ MidnightBlues on February 15th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

FLOWER IS GAY! I wasted money!

anyway doom 4…..coming soon?

+ Gregman23 on March 10th, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

why is my map pack for call of duty 4 not working?any1 help plz!!!

+ Gregman23 on March 10th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said: