PS4-Infamous

Warning: Helghast Invasion of Home imminent

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 15, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Killzone Helghast

In the upcoming (just 12 days away!) Killzone 2, the ISA forces lead an assault of the planet Helghan. But that doesn’t mean the Helghast are on the defensive. In fact, my intel tells me that the Helghast forces are en route to PlayStation Home today.

Fortunately, the Helghast won’t be armed with STA-52 Light Assault Rifles (per se), but with demo codes for Killzone 2.

So if you don’t already have access (by pre-ordering), just jump into Home tonight starting at about 6pm Pacific (9pm Eastern) and keep an eye out for the Helghast soldiers. When you find one, work up the courage and… just ask. If they’ve got any left, they’ll direct message you with the demo key.

Then you can punch that code into the PlayStation Store (upper right corner), download the demo, and repay the Helghan emissary by… invading their planet. Oh well.

219 Comments

+ CrimsonFox13 on February 15th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

Haha, that’s nice, but I’ve already downloaded it from the Europ- Err, I mean, from pre ordering from GameStop. Even though there aren’t any GameStops near my place… >.>

Anyway, I think you should continue doing things such as this, it’ll bring more people to Home.

+ Barackobama8 on February 15th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

sharingan itachi r u talking to me? cuz mods dont do their jobs good and they should get some real jobs too

+ Barackobama8 on February 15th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

they r giving out costume codes?

+ AceOfSpades725 on February 15th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

wow! its great to see home having all these things going on! i’ll be looking for one of those soldiers!

+ Dehshizknight on February 15th, 2009 at 4:23 pm said:

I just want that freaken costume. Will it be available for purchase in the PlayStation Store? I’m not preordering from Amazon…

+ VincentVendetta on February 15th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

I imagine the Helghan soldiers right now.

“We really want to die. Here’s a code.”

+ BigBoss712 on February 15th, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

Nice lol just 12 more days, resistance will keep me busy till then. =)

+ lebron_accel on February 15th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

@7
i did tried it and the alpha squad went crazy on me lol!
garza:”[DELETED] Helghan!” then bang killed me lol

+ lebron_accel on February 15th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

oooops my bad didnt see the bad word lol

+ ketzler on February 15th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

Seriously where are those tv ad’s? It’s starting to be come a little too late for advertising killzone 2 now isn’t it?

+ deadbodies on February 15th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

the demo may have been short but the art style and attention to detail just blew me away. i havent seen a game this beautifully rendered since metal gear solid 4. definitely a must own for any fps fan.

+ Sharingan_itachi on February 15th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

Seriously, why do you care about TV ADS?
If they think they don’t need to advertise,than let it be. Just shut up, and do your thing.

+ x3AM on February 15th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

You guys just need a log in box like every website ever. I dont get this -click on this tiny ass link hidden at the end of 30 comments and then click another link and then sign in- way of logging in..

Its complicated and annoying. I bet a lot of people dont even bother or dont know how to log in because of it.

Anyways, the game is already leaked all over the place, what is the point of not releasing it now?

+ Heisem on February 15th, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

Awesome!!!

+ jimfear on February 15th, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

WOah! i like the idea, its original :)

Cant wait to have a code

+ Barackobama8 on February 15th, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

what r u talking about?

+ BabeBro on February 15th, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

This is great! I hope they conduct more events on Sundays. The weekends seem pretty bland when it comes to events in HOME.

+ evildude683 on February 15th, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

Sweet!!!
I’ll go Home right now!! ;)

+ WillAllon on February 15th, 2009 at 4:59 pm said:

Where are the TV ads :s, only 12 days and not seen a single one yet. I’ve pre-ordered this game already but would like to see amazing adds for it.

+ babybluedb on February 15th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

Hey jeff this must be a first reason being its a non around the wed and what we hear topic. hopfully you do this more often.

it always awesome to see new things like home being invaded if you guys keep things like this up home will be a smash hit.

ill be there tonight just to talk to the halghast because i already played the demo

i was being impacient and created a euro account -__-” sorry yea so how do i git rid of that account ha

+ ClinToN on February 15th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

Nice, got my demo but I’m waiting for the HOME outfits. Any word on when those will be dropping into HOME? :)

ps. LBP KZ Pack?

+ BZKlint on February 15th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Already have the demo :D

It’s awesome!!!

+ KillerBread on February 15th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

well you can wait and look around for hours or you can make an Uk account and download the demo were not stupid

+ Jok3r_iz_Serious on February 15th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO BE IN MY PS3!!! IM NEVER GONNA STOP PLAYING IT!!!! I PLAYED THE DEMO AT LEAST 50 TIMES!!! and counting. AHHHH

+ Ftwrthtx on February 15th, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

Loved the demo and I don’t want to wait 12 more days!

+ GamerMoney on February 15th, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

killzone for lbp plz

+ remanutd5 on February 15th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

little big planet killzone map pack and costumes plz

+ LukaX23 on February 15th, 2009 at 5:33 pm said:

I’m waiting in PlayStation Home now! :) Can’t wait! :D

+ darkwing75 on February 15th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

Wow, ill be in Home then

+ Sekoku on February 15th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

Or, you can make a EU account and download the demo for FREE without code hassle. RIGHT NOW.

*gasp*

Did I just ruin the Home event for most people?

(Still waiting on my Syphon Filter and PS Home contest Warhawk/Socom codes, Sony)

+ Barackobama8 on February 15th, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

i want codes for killzone 2 clothes in ps home

+ themadmen on February 15th, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

i got a code already but it will be nice to see some helghast walking around home..lol

+ afrosheen on February 15th, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

Demo schmemo. Don’t even worry about getting codes, just make a European PSN account and download it with no hassle.

+ Maluraq on February 15th, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

That’s awesome … Home firing up now …

+ Pheonix_Assassin on February 15th, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

Anyone find any of the helgahn yet?

I don’t need the code, just wanna find them.

+ poisonedsodapop on February 15th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

I already played the demo via Europe PSN. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I didn’t buy into it though.

+ acerazer1 on February 15th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

Solid idea, combining the forces of Home and KZ2 together, I’m likin it

+ badbaiking on February 15th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

bogus man

+ Ishtastic on February 15th, 2009 at 6:45 pm said:

i have no idea where they are…hints?

+ jimfear on February 15th, 2009 at 6:49 pm said:

jeff lied to us :(

+ Kenshin71 on February 15th, 2009 at 6:49 pm said:

No-one cares about Home. Home won’t sell the game. 12 days to release and the advertising for KZ2 has been non-existent. Lame.

+ Ryno300 on February 15th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

arg i looked around central plaza for an hour nd ddnt even find the guy let alone a code

+ Akibara12 on February 15th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

Nice! I hope everyone will get to enjoy the demo before the game comes out. Hopefully this will prepare people to get used to the controls.

+ MidnightBlues on February 15th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

WOW cool! killzone 2 is gonna be one epic release….now if you guys manage to release some killzone 2 lbp dlc at the same time you might just mess around and take all my money…..come on make it happen! killzone 2 lbp dlc would just be icing on the cake! its been rumored…make it so!

+ Barackobama8 on February 15th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

as number 100 can i have the killzone 2 clothes 4 ps home free?

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 15th, 2009 at 6:56 pm said:

Hmm wonder if I go on Home right now will there be any helghast on.

+ Nuvalo on February 15th, 2009 at 6:57 pm said:

None yet, natives are getting restless :)

+ MidnightBlues on February 15th, 2009 at 7:01 pm said:

daaang it …. I was like 45 minutes late….home is vacant of said soldiers… godamn it…

+ Invisibleman306 on February 15th, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

Helgan soliders never showed up.

+ jimfear on February 15th, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

yout not late… there was not hellgast soldier on home…