PS4 - Transistor

Warning: Helghast Invasion of Home imminent

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 15, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Killzone Helghast

Fortunately, the Helghast won’t be armed with STA-52 Light Assault Rifles (per se), but with demo codes for Killzone 2.

So if you don’t already have access (by pre-ordering), just jump into Home tonight starting at about 6pm Pacific (9pm Eastern) and keep an eye out for the Helghast soldiers. When you find one, work up the courage and… just ask. If they’ve got any left, they’ll direct message you with the demo key.

Then you can punch that code into the PlayStation Store (upper right corner), download the demo, and repay the Helghan emissary by… invading their planet. Oh well.

219 Comments

+ CrusherX on February 15th, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

I live in NZ, so I have this already..will the NPCs be wearing the promotional Home gear available from pre-ordering through Amazon?

+ Hop_On_Pop on February 15th, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

come on home! im waiting!!!

+ Invisibleman306 on February 15th, 2009 at 7:07 pm said:

Itsa load of bull on sonys part.

+ jimfear on February 15th, 2009 at 7:10 pm said:

another failure from Sony

+ Invisibleman306 on February 15th, 2009 at 7:11 pm said:

Epic FAIL!!!!!!

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 15th, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

Well I guess I missed them I went to all locations and didn’t see anything. Thanks anywho quite nice to have the chance at getting a demo through Home.

+ BenjiSwangs on February 15th, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

I’ve been in for about 35 minutes and seen nothing. I hope they just open it up to everyone who was in Home. Sounded like is was going to be cool but turned out lame

+ Invisibleman306 on February 15th, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

To get people to visit Home. Been Running around for an hour looking for this guy and no show. Just you have to wait til it comes out. At least the UK got it, Oh joy…sarcasm. Only way to get us to visit Home nice ploy Sony. FAIL!!!

+ Midgetguy on February 15th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

I’ve already played the demo excessively, but this is a GREAT idea for promoting the game to people who might not of heard of it…

Are we going to see more Killzone 2 themed events in Home before or even after the games release?

+ Zookey on February 15th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

Cool that you guys are doing this–although in the future please try not to make a demo a pre-order bonus exclusively at one place–stuff like HOME clothes or exclusive/timed exclusive DLC are more appreciated hehe.

+ sumpunk on February 15th, 2009 at 7:18 pm said:

what a cool idea!
i’ve already got my demo and its awesome. but, great work guys. now all we need is for KZ2 to be able to launch from home when it’s released ;) along with a few dozen others…

+ Ishtastic on February 15th, 2009 at 7:19 pm said:

still no sign of them.

helghast o helghast were for art thou helghast…refuse thy sony and refuse thy game…demo code demo code etc etc

+ Schnacky on February 15th, 2009 at 7:24 pm said:

Found one in the Gamers Lounge.. out of codes

+ Invisibleman306 on February 15th, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

yeah right.

+ JuanDHexen on February 15th, 2009 at 7:27 pm said:

I should apply for a job at Sony’s marketing department because I believe no one works there.

+ MrBeatdown on February 15th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

How many of these people are there? I’ve been on Home for over an hour looking in every space and I have yet to find one.

Very disappointing.

+ Invisibleman306 on February 15th, 2009 at 7:30 pm said:

There’s none cause Jeff Rubenstein is dead wrong on Helgans being on Home

+ Invisibleman306 on February 15th, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

“In the upcoming (just 12 days away!) Killzone 2, the ISA forces lead an assault of the planet Helghan. But that doesn’t mean the Helghast are on the defensive. In fact, my intel tells me that the Helghast forces are en route to PlayStation Home today.”

No, they didn’t cause, the ISA killed them before they arrived. Your intel was wrong!!

+ Ishtastic on February 15th, 2009 at 7:40 pm said:

well, how many codes are there to begin with?

+ EvoAnubis on February 15th, 2009 at 7:40 pm said:

“Wheres your proof for that? Why are you again here with no proof,eh?”

Proof? Burden of prof is on you, not me; you’re the one that made the absurd statement.

But, just to show what a nice guy I am:

When something is going on in the world of PlayStation Home, they tell us. When we have issues, they listen and respond. They are Home community managers, and what they do, and do very well, is manage the community. Us.

I’ve proved my point. Now prove yours, Chuckles.

+ EvoAnubis on February 15th, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

BTW, those of you who didn’t get codes, you have two options.

Option One: Make a EU or a UK account and get it from there.

Option Two: Wait until the day before the game launches, and d/l it from the US Store.

Okay, I lied, you have 3 options, but the third one doesn’t really solve anything.

Option Three: Whine and cry about it here and complain that “Home ssuxxorz11!!11″ while gamers like me sit back and laugh you.

+ Barackobama8 on February 15th, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

killzone guy is in cafe i found him not lieing

+ evildesi on February 15th, 2009 at 7:50 pm said:

what cafe?

+ Erniejpan on February 15th, 2009 at 7:50 pm said:

No ads on North America? haven’t seen none :(

+ Barackobama8 on February 15th, 2009 at 7:51 pm said:

killzone guy named MARHAWK

+ j78h on February 15th, 2009 at 7:51 pm said:

i have a problem,one of the guys gave me a code,but a while back i changed e-mail address and i hav’nt received anything scince then.i think i have a resistance beta in there to,but oh well i have resistance now and pre ordered killzone,but i would like to play what everybody else is playing any help would be appreciated thx.

+ MidnightBlues on February 15th, 2009 at 7:52 pm said:

oh well its fine you can get the demo easily if you have half a brain on your heads….

with that said I managed to get a demo and the game is awesome…

itjust confirmed what I already knew…this game effing rocks!

+ Invisibleman306 on February 15th, 2009 at 7:54 pm said:

Where?

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on February 15th, 2009 at 7:56 pm said:

I noticed this too late ;.;

Oh well. Maybe next time

+ GuitarrassDeAmor on February 15th, 2009 at 8:05 pm said:

There were no Helghast on tonight guys…what the heck? I have the demo but just wanted to see them!

+ Tha_Prophet on February 15th, 2009 at 8:06 pm said:

yeah, I haven’t seen one

+ Barackobama8 on February 15th, 2009 at 8:08 pm said:

Marwahk2 is in the bowling alley

+ supafuzz on February 15th, 2009 at 8:11 pm said:

At 8:30pm EST I found TWO Helghast in the Redbull game space. The first Helghast was out of codes, but the second came through for me.

+ Invisibleman306 on February 15th, 2009 at 8:11 pm said:

your a frackin liar

+ KZ2obssesedTM24 on February 15th, 2009 at 8:12 pm said:

i know a thousand ppl have said this already but just make a Euro account to download and play the demo free

+ MrBeatdown on February 15th, 2009 at 8:15 pm said:

Two hours searching through Home for a handful of Helghast that may or may not have beta codes. Boy was that fun. Thanks Sony. This was a much better idea than giving us the demo so we could all try it before we put money down for it.

+ Barackobama8 on February 15th, 2009 at 8:17 pm said:

who wants my code?

+ Ryno300 on February 15th, 2009 at 8:18 pm said:

ME

+ Ryno300 on February 15th, 2009 at 8:19 pm said:

o plz iv been looking for nearly 2 and a half hours now

+ Ryno300 on February 15th, 2009 at 8:21 pm said:

no sorry man havent gotten one yet

+ j78h on February 15th, 2009 at 8:23 pm said:

i just want to receive e-mails from sony again .i even changed the address on ps3 ,i hav’nt received one in months when i used to get them all the time.

+ cristian_daniel on February 15th, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

This sucks, i didn’t find the soldiers, and i walked everywhere. Sony… Always disappointing gamers

+ Ryno300 on February 15th, 2009 at 8:33 pm said:

i know how ya feel cristian

+ cristian_daniel on February 15th, 2009 at 8:34 pm said:

Thanks man

+ Ryno300 on February 15th, 2009 at 8:35 pm said:

its not worth a playstation card though

+ SLICK_T on February 15th, 2009 at 8:54 pm said:

Sony if you guys would add LEADERBOARDS to the Bowling on “HOME” you would get more users wanting to jump on “HOME”. I have been yelling this for weeks on end and STILL you guys haven’t said a DA*N thing about leaderboards for bowling on home. I mean what is the hold up? I haven’t been back on home in almost a month and I spent over 20 bucks on Home already and I as well as many others deserve a Answer of some sort? This is pretty sad you guys week in and week out say come on HOME and you get these free clothes or this and that just to have more users on home to boost your products or chances of people buying crap from home. Add Bowling leaderboards and we all will have REASON to be on Home to thrive for a Good score in the leaderboards.

Oh!! almost forgot. You also need to add a feature to home so we know EVERY SINGLE game we have played in bowling and a Average of what we bowl so we can see how we are doing. Also make the leaderboards more than just the top 10 in that aircraft game on Home. Just top 10 and we have no Idea where we stand if were outside the top 10. We want STATS to look at what we want and do on home. Thank you and does anyone else here agree of my ideas and rants to the HOME TEAM!

+ SLICK_T on February 15th, 2009 at 8:57 pm said:

Bowling LEADERBOARDS AND STATS ON HOME PLEASE!

+ ADR143 on February 15th, 2009 at 8:57 pm said:

i want this game out already!

+ SLICK_T on February 15th, 2009 at 9:01 pm said:

Oh and for you wanting to play KZ2 demo without getting tricked to go on home to a place with NO BOWLING LEADERBOARDS then just make a UK account and download the demo for FREE. Oh and by the way Killzone 2 isn’t all its hyped to be. The graphic’s are the same as any other Call of Duty 4 or 5 game THE SAME. I see NO CHANGES for the better if the graphic’s in Killzone 2. Sony stop hyping these games cause it looks and plays like crap to me SORRY! Just the truth of what I see. I go for graphic’s in games and that game in Graphic’s is the same as BEFORE no BETTER! I’m out! PEACE!

+ Maluraq on February 15th, 2009 at 9:01 pm said:

@SLICK_T agreed about leader boards although I noticed there’s now a leader board on the flight game from Red Bull. Much appreciated.