God of War

Feb 16

Feb 16

This Week in Killzone 2 (and more demo codes)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

I hope those of you in the US are enjoying your President’s Day Holiday, (assuming you get the day off). When we get back into the office tomorrow, we’ll be amping up our Killzone 2 coverage, featuring a look inside the new Killzone.com, live chats with developer Guerrilla Games, and even a contest or two.

From reading the comments, we gathered that some of you weren’t able to track down a Helghast soldier in Home yesterday to request a Killzone 2 demo code. Fortunately, I was able to get ahold of a few (hundred) more to distribute via our PlayStation Twitter account.

If you’re already following our account, all you’ve got to do is send us an “@reply” and ask. We’ll direct message you the code when we get into the office tomorrow (Tuesday, Pacific time).

If you’re new to Twitter, or haven’t yet joined, I suppose we owe you a bit of an explanation. To get our attention, just type “@sonyplaystation” into a Tweet and ask for the demo (see pic below as an example).

PlayStation.Blog Twitter Account

You’ll also need to be following us, or we can’t send you a direct message with the demo code. This part’s easy – just click on “Follow” underneath our logo in the upper right corner of the page.

PlayStation.Blog Twitter Account

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend, and we’ll see you tomorrow!

UPDATE: Thanks for all the KZ tweets, we’ve definitely gotten all that we can handle. Just about to start sending out codes. . .

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

Moosehole said:

February 16th, 2:19 pm

Who cares? Just make a EU account like everyone else already did and we can get the KZ2 demo no strings attached without having to beg.

Major01 said:

February 16th, 2:24 pm

Pretty cool though i dont really understand what all this twitter stuff is about.

NightHawk17 said:

February 16th, 2:25 pm

Where’s the advertisement at? We need commercials and more guys or else people who don’t surf the web won’t know about this awesome game

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 16th, 2:28 pm

We\’ll show it to you this week, deal?

INFECTED503 said:

February 16th, 2:25 pm

I don’t see them asking to beg, I see them asking to send one reply on twitter but ok.

Thanks Jeff and Sony! Not everyone wants to scam the system and not everyone has Gamestops close by. So this is a great way to spread more codes around! Great work!

jbullfrog23 said:

February 16th, 2:28 pm

Thanks Jeff! I hope you still have some left.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 16th, 2:33 pm

The tweets are coming in very quickly, but I\’ve got 3-400 of them. We\’ll start sending out tomorrow morning, but if you already @replied us, you\’re as good as guaranteed.

lilbuddy said:

February 16th, 2:31 pm

Thx Jeff!

LB

ghamdikh1 said:

February 16th, 2:31 pm

@ALL

Thinks for the update Jeff but you no what i don’t need these codas because i already have the game, i got it today from my local store

note : i live in Saudi Arabia

i really feel sorry for you gays that you have to wait for 11 days to get your hands on this jem any way her some of the cool staff the you can expect from the game when you get your copy.

* 1 player.

*HDD:52MB Minimum.

*Sixaxis Motion sensitive.

*Dual Shock 3 Vibration Function.

*HD 720P.

*Network Players:2-32

*in game custom sound track.

*Trophies

*In-game internet browser:KILLZONE.COM

TheHater2 said:

February 16th, 2:32 pm

hay Jeff, I didn’t receive my Qore code to download the game for the PSP from the latest episode of Qore. I been a Qore subscriber since August by the way.

KUSHman666 said:

February 16th, 2:33 pm

sweet thx for keeping us updated :-) bout to play some loco roco 2 FTW

TerryVSL said:

February 16th, 2:34 pm

This is really silly.

Whoever is running the Killzone 2 marketing and PR is blowing it.

The demo should have been up in the US store for everyone to download.

The Hellghast in Home should have been giving away stuff for you avatars and/or personal space.

You had to have known that mass numbers of people would waste their time running around Home for hours trying to find the Helghast soliders and never see them and then go say how lame it was.

A Killzone 2 Home Space should be up and running already – even if it is just the first version. All you have to do is take geometry and materials from the actual game and slap together some sort of KZ2ish Space with some images and videos of the game running.

The game is stupidly being released on a Friday meaning you don’t want to preorder it from sites like Amazon because you end up having to wait until the middle of the next week even with paying for next day shipping.

And there sure as hell better be a flood of TV and other media ads for KZ2 at the one week to point.

Grintoth said:

February 16th, 2:34 pm

Cool! I should probably make a twitter account

MegadethAndy said:

February 16th, 2:35 pm

Most of the time the USA gets updates etc first.
I’m surprised that every other place other than USA has gotten this demo as a PSN download.

I can see it (the full version) being a hard game though, i hope we can map our own controls in the full version, as i’m so used to the Resistance 2 layout (i.e run, aim).

Sk8boyP said:

February 16th, 2:35 pm

I haven’t seen ANY commercials yet, what happened to the KILLZONE 2 promotions?

jbullfrog23 said:

February 16th, 2:36 pm

Jeff, between getting me a code and having Sly as your avatar, you are very high on my list of cool people. Thanks!

jipmg said:

February 16th, 2:36 pm

It would be so AWSOME, if you guys could release KILLZONE LIBERATION (psp) on the U.S playstation store, because I really want the game, but cant find it in stores.

troyhw said:

February 16th, 2:36 pm

Thanks Awaiting Invite

OMG-GUYS said:

February 16th, 2:37 pm

im in love with killzone 2, too bad there is no cross game chat, it would be amazing to chat with my friends while playing the single player campaign =(

KSPRAYDAD said:

February 16th, 2:37 pm

Just made a twitter account against my will to get that code Jeff.

Congrats on the back slap in Flower…what input did you have in the game?

Cheers.

Midgetguy said:

February 16th, 2:40 pm

I’ve already got the demo, but it’s GREAT that you’re giving away even more! Thanks Jeff! Your support for us consumers is IMMACULATE!

MiltonZep said:

February 16th, 2:42 pm

@10 You are absolutely right. I hated the fact that I had to make an alt acct just to play a demo. I mean, for a game, maybe. Sony needs to step their marketing game up.

Zezzler said:

February 16th, 2:43 pm

I just made a Twitter account… I’ve never used one before so i really hope i did it right. I hope the demo is as awesome as the full game looks!

Hey Jeff, I’ve never really seen anyone ask before, but what is your PSN account? I’m sorry to have asked if you don’t want to say.

cLOLe said:

February 16th, 2:45 pm

I have no idea how this twitter thing works. I think I’ve sent one, though. So hopefully I have, and hopefully I get one!

skater2 said:

February 16th, 2:46 pm

Hey, Jeff! I’ve got a question, why are the links always mest up on the PlayStation.blog? Like this: http://deadlyassassins.mypages4u.com/PSB.jpg

Thanks, gets kind of annoying!

STMaraj said:

February 16th, 2:46 pm

Us Canadians that live in Ontario also get today off because today is Family Day.

KSPRAYDAD said:

February 16th, 2:48 pm

@24…

SOME of us did…Federal Govt employees..for instance, did not.

gooch-getta said:

February 16th, 2:48 pm

Or we could not play these stupid PlayStation games and just make a UK PlayStation account and download it off the store!

Were is our in game chat, and voice messages, and Mandatory XMB in game invites for dev’s, as well as an updated messaging system and friend invite system.

Thrasher20 said:

February 16th, 2:52 pm

I cannot wait for Killzone 2!!

The Helghast are near… hide your wife and kids!

KSPRAYDAD said:

February 16th, 2:52 pm

@26….can’t you point to where SONY said you would be getting those?

willacuz said:

February 16th, 2:53 pm

Free code for whoever wants one.

LGDK-RPB4-FCDG

Caemgen said:

February 16th, 2:54 pm

I’m starting to notice that with each day passing by, friends buying a PS3, nice games coming out, my Xbox 360 stays untouched.

I think I’ll sell it, eventually, if only the communication functionalities on the PS3/PSN would be a bit better! Heck, I’d even pay for it!

Me and my friend all bought the official headset, so we can voicechat properly during online games. We noticed, however, that with Call of Duty: World at War the VOIP-quality was pretty bad.
That’s weird, because in LittleBigPlanet it’s crystal clear. Is there some sort of limitation put on the ammount of KhZ in COD:WoW?

Anyway, it does happen pretty often that (with the limited party and invite-functionality of some games) we want to chat through XMB, to discuss server-options, or just to talk about the weather… no matter what game we’re playing, or what website we’re visiting. Surely, the XMB and PS3 are powerful enough to do this! .. Right? I mean.. I hope so! :(

Caemgen said:

February 16th, 2:54 pm

I also hope the Killzone 2 party/invite/join-system will be good, just like in LBP.
Why don’t you guys create something that works the same in every game, through XMB, so we can invite/join people? Or make the one that is used in games like Soul Calibur IV and BattleField: BC mandatory. That works pretty well, because you can’t miss the messages.

Speaking of messages, by the way: Could you add the option of a noticication-sound when receiving a message, please?

I read in a reaction to a comment that you guys actually KNOW we want cross game-chat badly. That’s a relief!
So, any word on when it’ll be available? If it ever will be.

@ Jeff: Could you PLEASE be so kind to reply to my message(s)

SEVIREDgamer said:

February 16th, 2:57 pm

My goodness Jeff, this all great but really where are the TV ads for this gem. a game like this needs media coverage like oprah and bill gates had a Baby. Can we get a preview and some spillage on how much of a blitz the TV’s are gonna get for KZ2? please… Pretty PLEAASE!!!!!

T3mpr1x said:

February 16th, 3:00 pm

@10 (Terry), Amazon is guaranteeing delivery by the street date, so there is no difference in when you receive your pre-order, unless you count the few hours’ difference for the delivery guy to show up… Though I do agree that there should be a KZ2 Home Space, it should be really simple to set up.

willacuz said:

February 16th, 3:01 pm

One more, hurry hurry..

JDGA-JABE-MLCN

Many people did the EU thing and dont need the codes, so ask your friends.

KZ2 rules guys it really does.

tearsofash said:

February 16th, 3:07 pm

Finally, using twitter like a modern company does! {hugs}

AceOfSpades725 said:

February 16th, 3:12 pm

alright! cool way to use twitter! I just sent in my reply! thanks Jeff!

BZKlint said:

February 16th, 3:15 pm

Made an EU account, so I don’t need a code. For such a big game, it should have been free on the US store too.

And like #10 (TerryVSL) said, the commercials had better start appearing soon so that people will know about and want this game. (And none of those weird live action ones like with R2. People with DVRs will just fast forward straight through them unless you stuff them with in-game or CG action…)

JPMCH said:

February 16th, 3:17 pm

Jeff please check mine please I really want one of those codes my Twitter user is “Jeanus” please, please, please, please!!!

TerryVSL said:

February 16th, 3:22 pm

“Amazon is guaranteeing delivery by the street date”

Very cool, a week or two ago they didn’t have that delivery option.

TailsTheCat said:

February 16th, 3:24 pm

Bad game. Clayfighter through quicksand.

Violater said:

February 16th, 3:27 pm

Jeff.
Why not just release the game early?

JohnALegend said:

February 16th, 3:28 pm

I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!! .. i created a account n i am following ! how do i send and @ reply!!!??

Blkant said:

February 16th, 3:29 pm

Hi Jeff!

Berae said:

February 16th, 3:30 pm

That is nice for those who didnt pre order yet.
Will you give some Killzone 2 Home costume? That would be sweat, i wish i had one

Vengeful-Chaos said:

February 16th, 3:31 pm

There’s a 10 second KillZone 2 TV ad on ThreeSpeech.

As much as I would like to get a demo code I am not joining twitter last nights search was enough of a hassle.

StonTemplePilot said:

February 16th, 3:33 pm

Can anyone say how i will be sent this code, will it be via Email or do i need to log in and check mail on my PS3? i do hope i recieve one but if i do not i am still gonna buy it… SONY you rock!

JamesL007 said:

February 16th, 3:33 pm

This is sweet, they are really trying to give everyone a chance to play this game.

I hope I too get into the action, I know I could not find a soldier last night in home at all. So maybe the Twitter thing plans out a little better then.

The2ndMessiah said:

February 16th, 3:40 pm

Awsome! Another chance to get a code hopefully this time ill be able to get one since I was unable to find a Helghast on home, ANYWHERE! KZ2 FTW! =)

PAGE 1 2 3 4