PS4-Watch_Dogs

Killzone.com Live Q&A with Guerrilla Games

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 18, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Thanks for joining us for our first ever live chat!

Producer Seb Downie is standing by at Guerrilla Games in lovely Amsterdam to answer your questions on Killzone.com, Killzone 2, Belgian beers, and Glasgow Rangers.

Seb has been with the Killzone franchise since the beginning, serving as Lead tester on Killzone 1, Shellshock ‘Nam 67 and Killzone Liberation and then QA Manager on Killzone 2.

The chat will begin at noon Pacific/3pm Eastern/9pm CET. Please note that all comments will be moderated, so be please patient after entering a question.

UPDATE: Thanks to all that participated – and there were many thousands of you! Let us know what you thought, and we’ll try to do more of these.

+ BZKlint on February 18th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

Can someone reading this who can actually ask question ask why some of us can’t???

+ chriscowboyd on February 18th, 2009 at 12:43 pm said:

Will the player be able to control the flying drone in the multiplayer portion of the game? Also, will the vehicles in single player be available in multiplayer?

+ KazooBoy on February 18th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

Man I am soooo tired of all my friends downing me for owning a PS3, always throwing out the 360′s big titles. I cannot wait to shove it in their stunned faces with Killzone 2. Let me express my supreme gratitude to everyone at Guerilla for creating such a phenomenal game.

+ dh4645 on February 18th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

yeah they must be screening out the dumb/duplicate comments. i guess it makes it cleaner

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 18th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

You\’re exactly right. If we let everything through, it\’d be completely unreadable. Imagine IMing 10,000 people at once.

My head hurts.

+ Griffins22 on February 18th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

Oh my God. You’re kidding right Jeff? We have so many good questions but instead of getting an answer we have to hear Seb’s reaction to Bobby B’s marraige propsal? This sucks.

+ Sancor on February 18th, 2009 at 12:46 pm said:

2 Relevant Questions, non answer.
1) Any plans to release some type of DVD movie with all the “behind the scenes” of killzone 2, like a longer interview than the 40 minutes the devs did for “gamekings”?

2) Any plans to make this type of live chats with the other devs, to talk about Killzone non technical issueS? like with Roy Postma, Jan-Bart van Deek and Hermen Hulst?

+ KillerBread on February 18th, 2009 at 12:47 pm said:

chat dont work fix it or delay it because sony like doing that

+ dh4645 on February 18th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

this live chat sucks…i know it’s their first one, but come on now…lets get a move on

+ Tagan55 on February 18th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

wow non of my comments appear

+ Sancor on February 18th, 2009 at 12:48 pm said:

Exactly what Griffins22 said.
Way to go Jeff, that’s why SONY is loosing money, not listening to their customers and addressing “not relevant” issues.

+ dh4645 on February 18th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

“Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: We’ve got 10 minutes more to go here with Seb – he’s currently typing away feverishly to catch up with the torrent of questions coming in!”

i dont see any feverish typing…i see one answer every few minutes…is this seb person watching opera at the same time as this live chat?

+ Hullucinate on February 18th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

ugh my questio isnt getting answered ): ‘will the valor points be used in the same way MGO uses their points? like a in game shop to buy hats and other crap’

+ Sancor on February 18th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

Relevant Questions here!!
If there are two clan “officers” connected to the game, who is able to take decisions such as play or not play a match, bet value points, or do they both are able to manage the clan while connected at the same time?

+ NAJC on February 18th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

Hello, great job on Killzone 2, the best looking game to date and I’m sure the gameplay will match it. A sure contender for Game of the Year. My question is, can we expect dlc post-launch, when and what will it comprise of? Thanks, keep up the good work!

+ TheHater2 on February 18th, 2009 at 12:53 pm said:

If a person I shot get revive by a medic, do I still get the kill?

+ Jakal_ on February 18th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

Will players have the ability to watch and save video replays of online multiplayer matches?

+ mendezgato on February 18th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

is it me or he’s only answering to Jeff’s questions!!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 18th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

I was copying and pasting the questions from you guys – they blew in so quickly, that was the only way to save them.

+ SlaveSpawn on February 18th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

Epic failure !!!

Can u tell me about the feature cause I’m to lazy to look them up Seb ?

Hows it compare to CoD, Halo, R2 & Doom ?

lol so sad….

+ BZKlint on February 18th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

“Are there any femal hleghast ? Will we ever get to see one ?”

Seriously?

+ Hullucinate on February 18th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

well its offical this chat sucks not one good question popped up..maybe like one but thats it

+ Milereb on February 18th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

I really hope to see this kind of chat more. I think it’s an amazing addition to the blog. Would be even cooler if it was somehow incorporated into Home though. But anyway. Cool!

+ DrPirate on February 18th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

Lame questions. Seriously. Asking about beer? If he’ll marry you? Asking redundant questions (It was asked three or four times whether the website will be like Halo 3 or Myresistance), are you people just that retarded? Honestly?

+ dh4645 on February 18th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

jeff is like 30 questions behind…gay

+ Tagan55 on February 18th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

come on co-op dlc everyone wants to know!

+ Hullucinate on February 18th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

really? i mean come one pick out the good questions not this crap

+ KillerBread on February 18th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

will there be a mode like the zombie thing in cod waw

+ jimfear on February 18th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

i just checked at coveritlive.com and there is about 1,615 readers nao

+ Hullucinate on February 18th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

Tell us about the Custom Soundtrack feature. Will Killzone 2 have it?
it just gets worse and worse

+ Gringo234 on February 18th, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

I like how they let a question like this pass “Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: [userfriendly] When will you add an option on your website for us Canadians? I’m forced to choose the American flag :(”

And all this “amazing, cool game, will you mary me Seb” stuff Get asked but no real questions like “How often will we see downloadable content for the game?”

+ Playa7970 on February 18th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

OMG this was dumb

+ BZKlint on February 18th, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

Last Q: “Can we expect Guerrilla Games to continue to support their game after release and continue giving the fans the best game possible?”

Seriously?!?

Of course the answer is YES!
What about something we don’t know?!?

+ Fusion_ID on February 18th, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

not a single one of my questions showed up….I felt like they were big questions too, not the normal Custom Soundtrack and stuff but whatever. Cool things

+ Griffins22 on February 18th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

Well the last question wasn’t too bad, but everything else was terrible. Asking to marry Seb, what kind of beer he likes, how Killzone compares to CoD. And there was some many answers that had been confirmed for months. What a waste of time.

+ Razgriz1Ace on February 18th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

Jeff, why didnt my comments appered in the live chat?

+ Zookey on February 18th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

Epic. Win. Good job Jeff and Seb!

+ kenshinhimurasz on February 18th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

lol read the info they said not all comments will be posted but mine did :D

+ arnout182 on February 18th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

god wow 50% offtopic

+ GraffitiSkies on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Next time post more of the well thoguht out posts we got off topic

+ StalkingSilence on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Hey jeff, that went really smoothly. I can’t install any plugins at work, and have an old browser, so nice work choosing that app – it seemed to be compatible for everyone.

+ TheHater2 on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

I got my question answer, but I was trying to help a friend get his question answer.

+ Sarah-hiMe on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Legacyofassassins.com

Thier hosting Alnighters on Killzone 2 :D

+ Enigma777 on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

aww… none of my questions got answered! Bt still I learned a couple of new things! Keep it up Jeff

+ Ephemeris on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Very Informative.

+ NJLurch87 on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

none of my questions showed up :(

+ Raptors138 on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Hey, quick question, why couldn’t some of us post on the live chat?

+ EddyxMob on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

We need more of this

The Chat was Awesome

Thanks seb and sony

+ JBruno on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

nice chat, good new feature for the blog.

+ Spartancloud on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Great job guys, that was awesome. And I got my question answered, not the budget one but at least the mute one. Keep up the good work, and I would like to know how many comments did you guys receive in total?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 18th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Too many to count – but it was something like 10 or 15 questions PER SECOND!

So we tried to grab Q\’s as they came in, and then Seb got to work.

+ Eightsix on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

That was pretty awesome. Just wish it lasted longer and some of my questions got posted lol.

+ warezIbanez on February 18th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Thanks Jeff and Seb; I still have a few questions regarding map layouts and expansions…