PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Killzone.com Live Q&A with Guerrilla Games

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 18, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Thanks for joining us for our first ever live chat!

Producer Seb Downie is standing by at Guerrilla Games in lovely Amsterdam to answer your questions on Killzone.com, Killzone 2, Belgian beers, and Glasgow Rangers.

Seb has been with the Killzone franchise since the beginning, serving as Lead tester on Killzone 1, Shellshock ‘Nam 67 and Killzone Liberation and then QA Manager on Killzone 2.

The chat will begin at noon Pacific/3pm Eastern/9pm CET. Please note that all comments will be moderated, so be please patient after entering a question.

UPDATE: Thanks to all that participated – and there were many thousands of you! Let us know what you thought, and we’ll try to do more of these.

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ katsuo7171 on February 18th, 2009 at 2:26 pm said:

MAN the PS3 is becoming too over rated. Playstation and SCEA you d=guys are violating my first ammenfment rights(Freedom of speech, press, and religion) Now I say just let the questions flow so that we at least get the gratitude of actually seeing our questions, instead of seeing the usual fanboy suck ups saying WOOT KILLZONE, or SEB WILL YOU MARRY ME without even knowing how he looks like.

+ D-Money85 on February 18th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

@251

If that were true do you think that your post would still be up. Man just calm down. Jeff is only human and this the first time this has been done. So of course he wasn’t going to be able to get everyones question.

This is a learning experience for everyone so how about you stay tuned until next time for another live chat and see what happens then.

+ GhaSper_- on February 18th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

So we’ll only be aloud to use our custom songs online only but can’t earn to use them in single player after beating it once or on every difficulty.

+ ADR143 on February 18th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

yay!

+ OnslaughtCometh on February 18th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

Thanks for replying to my comment. I did read through the chat even before I posted my comment. What I meant was, I started reading the chat late, so I wanted to scroll through the chat before I tried to post a question, to verify that it hadn’t been asked yet. So, while the chat is still going on, if possible, try to see if you can make it fully viewable without being pulled back to the latest comment being posted.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 18th, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

Ah, I think it\’s a limitation of the platform.

Also, nice icon!

+ OscarSeymourEsq on February 18th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Will custom matches on this game be hosted by the player (like R6V2) or will they be hosted by dedicated servers (like R:FoM & R2)?

Also will there be a custom game browser like R:FoM?

I asked these in the chat, neither appeared : (

+ Arje on February 18th, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

Hey Jeff, will you be making a clan and what would be the requirements for someone to join it?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 18th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

Ha, unlikely – I\’ll probably just join someone else\’s.

+ KING_KHALED on February 18th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

WOOOHOO!!!
This was awesome!! Couldn’t make it had a class at that time. I’m pumped now that I know of the MP modes & MP XMB music!!!!

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!

+ gordonguy on February 18th, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

thats kool. really looking towards this game ever since that E3 2005 trailer. I pre-ordered it back in november. CANT WAIT!!!!!

+ Liquid-PSN on February 18th, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

[DELETED] U GUERRILLA! 5 YEARS AND NO DEATHMATCH!!!!!

+ starBlinky01 on February 18th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

wow this was great!! I never got my question through, but I really like this idea of asking questions to the developers.

Also I have a suggestion that would help people get their message through. Maybe if there was a top window that would only show the question and replied answer of the dev, then on the bottom window we could freely type our questions instantly, and Jeff could pick out the ones for him to answer.

I dont know.. that might not work, but for a first time event, this was really good!! I hope you guys mean to improve this idea though to get more peoples questions through, even if they arent answered I kinda want to see my question on the board.

Great job guys.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 18th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

Well in the background, we do see everything that\’s typed – problem is, *so* many questions are asked, it\’s impossible to read all of them in the time, let alone answer them all. We did the best we could – and that\’s pretty much where it nets out.

+ bLAz3d_EAST99 on February 18th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

why doesnt sony push voice chat for psn? this is one of the reasons why XBL would of been better for kz2.

where are the commercials?? nobody except hardcore gamers know about this game.

sony should hire someone like me to do the marketing.

+ Enforcer_X on February 18th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

I thought the chat was good but maybe required more people to monitor questions coming in? I felt that most if not all the questions had been answered before I was really looking for some new Q&A’s

I mean I already knew there was no cover in online I knew the game modes.

Anyway it was the first time and I thought it went well and I look forward to more live chats to come!
Thanks Jeff and Seb!

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on February 18th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

Just finished reading the Q/A. It was pretty good. Pretty well done. A lot of good questions got asked and yeah, it really felt like it should have lasted longer from what I read. Still very hyped for the game…even though I won’t be able to get it on day one ;.;

Anywho, hope we can have more of these Q/As going for games like God of War III, Uncharted 2, White Knight Chronicles, etc.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 18th, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

Yup, that\’s the plan! Maybe even another KZ one next week.

+ Enforcer_X on February 18th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

LOL @ 261
Yeah, you do marketing talking about how KZ would be better on XBL? You’re already fired!

+ Enforcer_X on February 18th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

@121

PURE GENIUS!
YES HOME!
I would LOVE to see something like this in Home, although I was at work for this chat and was able to particpate from there and would not be able to if I needed my PS3.

But I like the Home idea for sure! a nice Home setting to ask questions and get responses that would be fun!
PSBlog needs a space in Home!

+ DaxMontana on February 18th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

What? No more computer generated images of rifles that you try to pass off as real?

Disappointing.

+ Clixster on February 18th, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

Id say nice work on this chat session, hopefully itll be better next time you guys do one. I though it was pretty cool. It does kinda stink that not all the good question got answered, but hey theres always next time, or wait till we get the game and test it out ourselves.

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on February 18th, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

Yay! Glad to hear there’ll be more of these and possibly another KZ2 one, especially since I missed this one.

+ EvoAnubis on February 18th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

Dammit. Sorry I couldn’t make it.

+ EvoAnubis on February 18th, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

LMAO! Just read through it, and all I have to say is……BEYOND!!!!

+ KillerBread on February 18th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

i think we should get the best 20 questions then he can answer them because the live idea was good but it did not answewer many questions

+ PoisonDart on February 18th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

can’t wait for this game, next week baby…woot!!!

+ lebron_accel on February 18th, 2009 at 6:57 pm said:

This might be a stupid question, but will there be Killzone 3? perhaps we’ll find out on E3?(the game is not even out yet lol!)

+ Blazebrova on February 18th, 2009 at 7:19 pm said:

I liked this method of communication. I didnt even know you were having the chat earlier today, but it was real cool to be able to come here and read through the whole thing. Nice idea Jeff!

+ DylanMMc on February 18th, 2009 at 8:16 pm said:

im kind of pissed about the no hardcore mode since that is all i play on COD4

+ imamathwiz on February 18th, 2009 at 10:08 pm said:

Is their anyway to get it so that if you do this again you can just be on your ps3 instead of a computer.

+ deans1986 on February 18th, 2009 at 10:23 pm said:

I enjoyed it…didnt get any of my questions answered but like Jeff said when you have tons coming in its hard to read them all. Maybe next time they can get Jeff some help.

+ Caemgen on February 18th, 2009 at 11:10 pm said:

Thank you for this. I’m hoping for more chats like this! Maybe with the guys from Naughty Dog? Asside from Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 is the game I’m looking forward to the most!

+ teekomeeko on February 19th, 2009 at 12:00 am said:

Ugh missed this cuz I had to work. I still can’t believe how many features this multiplayer has. It’s just about every feature I liked about every FPS game I liked and then some new stuff just for kicks.

+ xenorevlis on February 19th, 2009 at 12:53 am said:

So where is our commercial? Surely you have something to show us here, considering parts of Europe and South America already have commercials…

Here, just take and copy this 1 minute trailer I put together. Obviously not “copy” but look at the pacing. Include your marketing requirements like all legal notices, SCE titles, etc. but give people actual GAME FOOTAGE and make it exciting :)

The God of War III trailer was absolutely brilliant. Obviously you cannot duplicate the build up in 15, 30, or 60 second spots but the way they implicated the action was gorgeous!

+ xenorevlis on February 19th, 2009 at 12:55 am said:

Here is the link to my 60 second “mini trailer”.

I’ll come up to Foster City with marketing talent I’ve met over the past few years if your European marketing firm releases more artsy videos that completely alienate gamers interested in seeing THE GAMES.

+ HenryHSH on February 19th, 2009 at 1:54 am said:

I don’t know about “Cover it Live”, but you guys need to put a time limit on questions per-user. Say 1 message per-user every 5 minutes.

If they don’t have an option for that in the Writer Console, if not, then it’s going to be hell every time you have a live chat. Unless you use a different software. ;)

+ HenryHSH on February 19th, 2009 at 1:55 am said:

^ I hate making typos. :(

+ Midgetguy on February 19th, 2009 at 7:48 am said:

I REALLY like the idea of the live chat thing, but it would be EXTREMELY nice of you guys to have the live chat scheduled for a time that I’m NOT in school! lol

I was bummed out to find out that I’d be getting home a little after the live chat ended… :(

But, other than that, this chat seemed cool! It’s a GREAT thing seeing developers talk one on one… or thousands on one (lol) with their fans!

And yes, we need to do this again… I’m thinking a live chat with Naughty Dog would be SWEET!

+ SALMANM11 on February 19th, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

hey sony do you think i can a kz2 code for the demo?? plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Pebbz_16 on February 19th, 2009 at 8:57 pm said:

Dude that was awesome. BTW Jeff there is a rumor going around about firmware 2.7. Heres the link http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172880 Are the features listed true?

+ MartB64 on February 20th, 2009 at 6:00 am said:

Great idea to have this Q&A, but I think maybe more time alloted to this next time would make it a little better. Yes, I know time is money, but information is power.

Seriously great job, maybe next time I’ll be able to make it for the live session.

+ ArtConest on February 24th, 2009 at 5:35 am said:

I DONT LIKE THE AIM SYSTEM IN THIS GAME, I AM NOT GOIN TO GET THIS GAME,I AM GOIN TO WAIT 4 COD MW 2

PAGE 1 4 5 6