PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Helghast in HD – Killzone 2 Ads Hit TV

Scott Steinberg's Avatar + Posted by Scott Steinberg on Feb 19, 2009 // VP of Product Marketing

Thank you all for your support and confidence in Killzone 2. Its debut starts a relentless flood of AAA exclusives on the PlayStation 3 – a line up that I consider to be our strongest yet. And I am confident this game will inspire many of you who’ve been waiting for the right time to buy a PS3. It is a true testament to what “Only on PlayStation” means.

We’re excited the promise of Killzone 2 has been realized and has exceeded expectations due to the tireless efforts and dedication of Guerrilla Games. I can’t thank the development team enough for remaining true to the vision and producing one of the most impressive games in recent memory – on any platform. The pre-order numbers only reinforce your great enthusiasm for the game and we’re pleased the game reviews show the same.

A group of us flew out to meet with the development team in late 2008 for a product meeting – we had an idea for a fresh way to promote the game. It was to bring the incredible detail in Killzone 2 to life by showcasing the game’s technology – only made possible by the power of the PS3.

The idea for the commercial centered on telling the story of war on Helghan – up close and very personal and to use the game’s engine to show it. No voodoo, no heavy metal soundtrack: just the true representation of the in-game graphics. The team at Guerrilla embraced the concept and we were on a production rollercoaster ride that produced a piece that will be broadcasted across several networks starting tomorrow. You’ll get the chance to see it here for the first time:

We’ll also have the digital version available on the PlayStation Network later today.

At the risk of stating the obvious – the Killzone 2 engine is phenomenally powerful. To offer you some insight into the technology behind this game, we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette on the PlayStation Network coming in March. You’ll be able to control the camera and hear director commentary on how the production was completed using only the game’s technology. The project codename is “Killzone in 4-D” – hope you can check it out.

Thanks again for keeping the faith – it means a lot to the team here at PlayStation. Enjoy playing Killzone 2 on February 27th !!

[UPDATE: you can now stream the Killzone 2 ad in HD over at G4, or download it from the PlayStation Store!]

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ Gringo234 on February 21st, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

Not sure if it’s been said already, but this should have a super bowl ad.

+ Gorkinlot on February 21st, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

This is the marketing that Sony needs start pumping more like this out!

+ phinnv8 on February 21st, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

Awesome ads, I hope there is no lag in the controls like the demo.

+ pwnual on February 21st, 2009 at 10:39 pm said:

Looks awesome been waiting five years!

+ trav54 on February 21st, 2009 at 11:37 pm said:

Just awesome!

+ JonRON2000 on February 22nd, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

did anyone else notice how it saying Killzone 2: War. Perfected at the end is a slap in the face to Halo: Combat Evolved lol

+ JamesM5150 on February 23rd, 2009 at 10:32 pm said:

that is the most badass game comercial ever

+ mrironmonkey on February 25th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

I’m a film editor in Burbank and I got to say I am so pleased with what you guys have done with the franchise! I’ve been a fan since the day I saw the article about Killzone in the Playstation magazine in 2003. I’ve followed it ever since, I never cared what any of the reviews the first one got, because the game had a vision that I completely fell in love with. I knew with the right hardware that it could be brought to life and put other FPS’s to shame.

Congratulations on all your success and I hope to see more from Guerrilla in the future!

+ Modster79 on February 25th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

that looks an awesome ad :p

the one here in the UK is cool too…with Visari shouting out some of his epic lines ;)

+ DRAVIN369 on February 26th, 2009 at 4:17 am said:

CAN’T BLOODY WAIT ANY LONGER.I’m off to bed for a couple of hours because tomorrow is going to be a very long day and night.I just removed my demo from PS because it’s nearly time for the real thing.Loved it by the way.Sweet dreams.

+ henicide on March 13th, 2009 at 6:42 pm said:

Man brilliant ad, would been even better if it was longer but its a about time you guys started advertising more man, all I see is 360 adverts and wii in the UK, so many good games out on ps3 but ppl aint seeing them.

PAGE 1 4 5 6