PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Feb 19, 2009 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the weekly PlayStation Store update.

It’s week two of the “PSN Spring Fever” section of the PlayStation Store, featuring games, trailers, and themes available for download! Headlining this week are Zuma and Noby Noby Boy!

Downloadable Games

Noby Noby Boy ($4.99)
Push the boundaries of your imagination in the latest game from the creator of the Katamari Damacy series! Control the main character, BOY, to play, stretch and interact with objects and characters in surreal worlds!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 360 MB

Zuma ($9.99)
Discover the ancient secrets of Zuma! Now available on the PlayStation Network, experience the game that will have you on the edge of your seat from start to finish! Choose Adventure mode to explore a series of temples or Gauntlet mode to challenge your skills! With dazzling colors and levels in 1080p, Zuma will excite and mystify you!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 19 MB

Add-on Game Content

LittleBigPlanet WipeOut Mini-Pack ($2.99)
New costumes and stickers to spread some love in LittleBigPlanet!
File size: 1.04 MB

High Velocity Bowling: Patches Pack Two (free)
It’s time to bowl – High Velocity style! Add this free downloadable Trick Shot Pack to your High Velocity Bowling selection, and get another opportunity for a gold star and some of those tough patches.
File size: 100 KMB

Street Fighter IV Brawler Costume Pack ($3.99)
The Brawler Costume Pack includes all-new alternate costumes for Street Fighter IV’s hand-to-hand high-powered combatants: Abel, E.Honda, El Fuerte, Rufus, and Zangief. More than just color changes, these five costumes allow you to dress up and customize your fighters for all to see. See El Fuerte in a chef’s outfit, E.Honda in classic attire and Zangief in a truly Capcom classic outfit.
File size: 116 KB

Skate 2 Dyrdek’s Fantasy Plaza Pack ($4.99)
Skate the inspiration for the new show Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory, including the surrounding area located in downtown LA.
File size: 252 MB

NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja STORM Pack 9 (free)
Download Storm Pack 7 and unleash the legendary Sound Ninja Jirobo as your support character in battle. The Storm Pack 7 also contains new Ultimate Mission to engage!
File size: 100 KB

Mirror’s Edge Pure Time Trials Map Pack ($9.99)
Mirror’s Edge gameplay distilled down to its purest form and its purest vision in nine races across seven all-new and totally redesigned Time Trial maps. No cops, no guns, no city. Pure aesthetics, agility and flow that will challenge any runner.
File size: 134 MB

Burnout Paradise

• Burnout Paradise Time Savers Pack ($4.99)
  • Pressed for time? Love the cars? Want to have them all NOW? This one’s for you.
    File size: 100 KB

• Carson GT Nighthawk ($1.99)
  • Developed in secret, the GT Nighthawk shouldn’t exist. Denied by the Government, disowned by Carson, the GT Nighthawk is the ultimate super pursuit vehicle.
    File size: 100 KB

• Hunter Calvary Bootlegger ($1.99)
  • This custom Cavalry is made especially for those who live on the wrong side of the law.
    File size: 100 KB

• Hunter Manhattan Spirit ($1.99)
  • This converted Manhattan station wagon might not be the fastest or fleetest car in Paradise City, but one thing’s for sure – people will definitely know what’s hit them.
    File size: 100 KB

• Jansen 88 Special ($3.99)
  • This classic 1980′s styled silver sports car is based on the fan-favorite Jansen P12, but we’ve made a few very interesting modifications.
    File size: 100 KB

• Burnout Paradise Legendary Cars Collection ($7.99)
  • Get all 4 of the Legendary Cars in one great collection. This represents fantastic value over buying these cars individually.
    File size: 100 KB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Wasted Again” – Turbonegro ($1.99)
  • “Black Sunshine” – White Zombie ($1.99)
  • “More Human Than Human” – White Zombie ($1.99)

File sizes: 24 MB – 36 MB

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• “Jet” by Wings ($1.99)
  • “Junior’s Farm” by Wings ($1.99)
  • “Hi, Hi, Hi” by Wings ($1.99)
  • Wings Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Junior’s Farm”, “Hi, Hi, Hi”, and “Jet” by Wings. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

File sizes: 34 MB – 44 MB (singles), 119 MB (track pack)

Game Demos (free)

Afro Samurai Demo
Discover why Blood is Beautiful in this prelude to Afro Samurai. Take control of Afro as he searches for Justice, his Father’s killer. Break your enemy’s guard with the brute force of the combo system, then learn to focus, and send them to the grave with precision and style. Take an arm, take a leg or take a life; the choice is yours.
ESRB Rated M
File size: 452 MB

Zuma Demo
Discover the ancient secrets of Zuma! Now available on the PlayStation Network, experience the game that will have you on the edge of your seat from start to finish! Try the demo and play Adventure mode to explore a series of temples!! With dazzling colors and levels in 1080p, Zuma will excite and mystify you!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 19 MB

Game Videos (free)

Killzone 2 first look
File size: 26 MB (HD) 42 MB (1080)

MLB 09 The Show – Mets Stadium

File size: 34 MB (HD)

FIFA 09 Ultimate Team Intro Video
File size: 67 MB (HD)

Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition Trailer
File size: 70 MB (HD)

Resident Evil 5 Trailer 2009
File size: 127 (HD), 224 MB (1080)

Watchmen: The End is Nigh Video

Scotty Lago
File size: 215 MB (1080)

SNB Slope SLOMO
File size: 172 MB (1080)

Style in SNB Pipe
File size: 160 MB (1080)

TV, Movie, and Blu-ray Trailers (free)

GameTrailersTV: PlayStation Network Announcement
File size: 29 MB

Frozen River Trailer
File size: 91 MB (HD), 120 MB (1080)

Quarantine Trailer
File size: 100 MB (HD), 138 MB (1080)

Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist Trailer
File size: 112 MB (HD), 152 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes (free)

Zuma Theme
File size: 4.64 MB

LocoRoco 2
File Size: 1.09 MB

PS3 Wallpaper (free)

Watchmen: The End if Nigh Wallpaper (x2)
File size: 47 KB (SD), 350 KB (1080)

Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition Tsunami Tank
File size: 262 KB (SD), 999 KB (1080)

Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition Apocalypse Tank Wallpaper
File size: 227 KB (SD), 829KB (1080)

Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition Cryocopter Wallpaper
File size: 229 KB (SD), 950 KB (1080)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Game Demos (free)

* LocoRoco 2 Demo (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 69 MB

Game Videos (free)

* Resistance Connect Educational Video (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 20 MB

PSP Themes (free)

* LocoRoco 2 (also available from PS3 storefront)
File Size: 150 KB

177 Comments

+ Jezer29 on February 19th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

Time saver pack for Burnout???? Wow.. :/

+ MaceWisdom on February 19th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

Great Update!

+ Thrasher20 on February 19th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

Sexy update!

+ xenorevlis on February 19th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

@ WestSiide

Go look at the Killzone 2 posts on this blog. They have said many times the demo will be out February 26. I agree it should have been out already, but GameStop made a deal with them and it meant some money for Sony (which they currently need).

As for PSone classics – we need to get our voice heard by SCEJ, since they’re the ones who work on the emulator (and generally thats the culprit for games being unreleased). I would love to play so many classic PSone titles that never made their way to me.

As for SFIV, I’d be down if I had it. Waiting for GameFly to send me the game, since I couldn’t justify $60 for it right now. However, you should try Noby Noby Boy. It’s weird, it’s confusing, but it’s REALLY FUN. Just pure, childish randomness. I’ve already made a couple videos and sent some friends messages written on Noby Noby Boy himself! :D

+ candiria on February 19th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

this update was intense. i’m still aiming to pick up flower eventually. noby noby boy looks interesting too (but why?). whoever is responsible for the LocoRoco 2 theme(s), thank you. i dig ‘em all.

+ Azured_Scorpio on February 19th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

Oh good an Afro Samurai demo, I’ve been thinking into buying this game, but also been a little skeptic about it, hopefully the demo will help be make my final decision. And regarding Noby Noby Boy… I’ll get it since I dont’ have any Katamari Damacy for PS3! :P It looks fun. (…and weird, I like weird).

+ AkmGamer on February 19th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Its a pretty good update this week, I’m thinking of getting Noby Noby Boy and the White Zombie Rock Band songs.

+ Azured_Scorpio on February 19th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

BTW Einhander should be released as a PSOne classic, and Oddworld: Abe’s Odyssey too.

+ THATAIDE on February 19th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

Zuma costs U$ 5.00 on the 360, it’s not fair to charge double the price for a two years late conversion…
I bought Bejewled 2 U$ 9.99, it’s fair since it costs the same on the 360, but Zuma doesn’t, so I think I won’t buy it!

And please please pleeeeaaaseee give us some more PSOne classics!

+ libregkd_117 on February 19th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

@TakiFuGU

“Whatever happened to just playing the game to unlock the costumes?”

SF has never had unlockable costumes <<;

But nevertheless, I agree that paying more extra costumes is completely pointless.

+ Bildo818 on February 19th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

HAHAHAH I said I would not buy Noby Noby…I posted numerous times! HA!

But that was with a $9.99 assumption. I see what you did there PSN. You want me to support you no matter what.

Thats OK though…and for that $4.99 surprise, I will also pick up Zuma! :-)

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on February 19th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

i got all the burnout stuff

+ TheGuardianFID on February 19th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

Great update guys, let’s see:

LBP DLC: SOLD

BURNOUT PARADISE DLC: SOLD

STREET FIGHTER IV DLC: SOLD

NARUTO DLC: SOL… OH IT’S FREE, SOLD LOL, OK I THINK YOU GET THE POINT!!! :P :D

+ xenorevlis on February 19th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

This is probably one of my most favorite PlayStation Store updates in ages. Honestly, Noby Noby Boy has pulled me out of this horrible depressive state I was in earlier.

+ Skater_Ricky on February 19th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

Sweet Update :D

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on February 19th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

I remember when all this used to come in a black disc inside of a magazine. Oh how the times they are a changing. Nice update. Afro Samurai will be a given purchase along with noby and mabye fuma.

+ Hohlraum on February 19th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

zuma looks really horrible guys. i can’t believe you didn’t make them re-render all the bitmap graphics. bejeweled 2 looks really good. but zuma is very poor.

+ Vegaz on February 19th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

I’d have bought the Skate 2 park,NobyNoby Boy and the 88 Special if my PS3 wasn’t broken and not getting fixed. Also would’ve bought SF IV but had to get that on 360 instead obviously.

+ scorpio182 on February 19th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

Wicked update!!!!

+ WestSiide on February 19th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

Might give NNB a try…

+ VincentVendetta on February 19th, 2009 at 5:31 pm said:

Noby Noby Boy: What in the…

+ redknight4 on February 19th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

———————————————
@VivaGardner
you haven’t seen the price for the pc versions of their games. How would you like to have to pay $20 usd for the ps3 version of zuma or bejewled 2 I’m glad thay broke down and allowed it to be sold for $10 usd.
———————————————

I’m surpised how low priced noby noby boy is though I could have waited til march to get a psn card oh well I might get lumines or bejewled 2.

+ acerazer1 on February 19th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

Wow, this is one the largest (and best) updates in recent memory, thanks Grace.

I’m getting sick and tired of people complaining about prices though, if the prices of these games bother you enough to have to whine about them here, don’t buy the freakin thing, no one is holding a gun to your head. It’s not going to change overnight, no matter how much you complain. Wait 6 months, the price might go down. But probably not.

+ LordChocoSlime on February 19th, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

Unfortunately, I’m not a fan of LocoRoco or Resistance so this week’s PSP update doesn’t interest me at all. I was hoping for a U.S. version of that Prinny demo instead. Oh well, thanks for the update nonetheless.

+ SPOOKULA209 on February 19th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

why didnt we get the resistance retribution demo, man that sucks

+ QCVic on February 19th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

Pretty cool update.

+ VivaGardner on February 19th, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

@120….

I own almost all of the PopCap games on PC……. They are over-priced on the computer as well.

I still think they are rather pricey since they aren’t original games. They are just being ported over to the PS3 which really shouldn’t be a very tough job considering that these games are rather simple.

+ MidnightBlues on February 19th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

so…I am now awaiting the video update…hopefully you add part of its always sunny….that two parter has been bugging me i want to know what happens!

+ Korlithiel on February 19th, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

Thanks for a demo this week, hope to see more stuff for the PSP soon.

+ DMeisterJ on February 19th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

No PS1 games. No surprise.

+ Tseska_922 on February 19th, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

good update but zuma too much expensive (T_T)

+ crumahara on February 19th, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

Huge update today! I’m downloading Noby Noby Boy, and picked up Street Fighter IV today. What a good day for games!

+ Midgetguy on February 19th, 2009 at 7:24 pm said:

This was a GREAT update! I’m happy about my purchase of Noby Noby Boy… It’s EXTREMELY confusing and very… well, weird. But, it’s great fun nonetheless!

It has MANY AWESOME features… Like in-game screenshots, youtube functionality, and even displaying messages sent by friends on your BOY. This game is full of little tricks and whatnot to keep players busy, and the more people who play it around the world, the more levels the game will have! (Players contribute to the games progression for EVERYONE!) Right now we can play levels on Earth, but we’re on our way to the Moon!

+ Topher07 on February 19th, 2009 at 7:34 pm said:

I am incredibly dissapointed with Zuma and Sony should be ashamed for allowing this game to be released on the PSN. It is obvious all PopCap did was port the game from one of their infinite ports and it is equally obvious that they put zero effort into brining Zuma to the PS3. While boating 1080p resolution, the game stays at 4:3 aspect ratio using graphic bars on the sides, jaggend staircase 2D graphics, obvious upscale from a lower resolution and zero effort into any visual effects.
I expected the PSN version of Zuma to look better then an iPod/iPhone version, and yet it does not.
Also at $9.99 this is a joke compared to games like Flower which boasts better graphics, gameplay and production value then Zuma.
Seriously, Sony should be ashamed for offering us this crap. PopCap should be ashamed for putting zero effort into the PSN port of Zuma.

+ SpiritThief on February 19th, 2009 at 8:02 pm said:

Just admit to us that you guys aren’t doing PS1 classics alredy.

I thought there was suppose to be more in 2009. Two months and nothing?

I hope its taking so long b/c they are required to have trophies now

+ SilverPR on February 19th, 2009 at 8:13 pm said:

I thought that the Street Fighter VI Championship pack was gonna hit this week. Well in any case this week was a great one for DLC. I wonder who is the lady on the hood at the end of the Resident Evil 5 trailer (Im getting for some weird reason some Jill flashbacks)

+ sNsKid on February 19th, 2009 at 8:29 pm said:

I wasn’t going to buy Noby Noby Boy, but it’s only 5 bucks and it’s a cute game. lol
I’m going to go buy it after I watch my shows.

SFIV is an amazing value at $60 and I want to get the costumes, but the brawler pack is for characters I don’t even use. My fav character is Vega (claw) and his alternate costume looks so very bad!! D:
I’m thinking I’ll just wait until April or later and get the costume bundle.

I was lol’ing at myself when I realized the “FIGHT” logo is from Final Fight. When you add Zangief’s ‘Haggar’ costume in the mix it’s even more apparent.

+ sNsKid on February 19th, 2009 at 8:30 pm said:

@137 I think it’s Jill since she is “dead.”

+ Brosive on February 19th, 2009 at 8:38 pm said:

Nice update. Oh hey, I saw that new Beat Crusaders video with the LittleBigPlanet stuff. You should seriously put that video on the US PSN.

+ WARRIOR_4_JC on February 19th, 2009 at 8:50 pm said:

I am new to the PS3, but this is a great way to know what is going on and the info you give really gives me an idea what the PS3 has to offer. So Thanks for the continue updates,I sure appericate them.

+ Chez83 on February 19th, 2009 at 9:11 pm said:

Most Def! Big Update for 09 keep em ccoming!

+ Lil_Mermaid_Girl on February 19th, 2009 at 9:42 pm said:

I got Noby Noby Boy. I like it. It’s fun. I wonder at how much total stretching globally it will be until Girl gets enough so a new planet unlocks. Isn’t that what is supposed to happen? Anyways, I like it, it’s fun and different.

+ Lil_Mermaid_Girl on February 19th, 2009 at 9:45 pm said:

Oh, and at #50, I agree the Popcap games are too expensive. $4.99 or $5.99 would be great, I can’t really justify buying a $10 puzzle game, even if Bejeweled 2 was $7.99 I might get it. $10 just seems a little too pricey for those types of games. Piyotama was great at just $3, fun little puzzle game (Sony you should add trophies to it, everyone will pick it up at that price for the trophies), and Go Puzzle was good too at it’s cost. I also don’t see how Lumines can charge $15. I like Piyotama and Go Puzzle more and they are cheaper.

+ Beastly-thingy on February 19th, 2009 at 9:56 pm said:

Will Tomb raider 1 ever be available on Playstation store? That would be realy cooooool!!!!!

+ IIIKAGEIII on February 19th, 2009 at 11:08 pm said:

i just listened to jeff on the podcast beyond. patapon 2 sounds awesome.. when will this be playable on psn?
i have a psp but i only use it when i go on holidays etc.

+ gutfer on February 20th, 2009 at 1:17 am said:

10 bucks for zuma is…embarrasing. And not the first time it happens for a tiny game/pack/addon to be overpriced. Where did your marketing team studied? Would you rather have 10 buyers for 10$ then 100 for 5$?

+ HerbertFortoon on February 20th, 2009 at 2:01 am said:

Just a quick question.

How can each car for Burnout be 100kb, and the whole car pack also be 100kb? I guess it doesn’t really matter, but I couldn’t just let it go unsaid.

+ Turnip on February 20th, 2009 at 3:33 am said:

@TheZed88

I am glad they released the unlock pack, I previously beat the game on disc when I gave it to a friend of mine, I had unlocked everything, when they announced that they would be releasing the game as HDD based I got nostalgic and I purchased the game, which to my dismay did not accept my save data. I had to replay the whole game. Which is fun, but let me say here that I suck at the damn stunt runs, it was a struggle the first time around and I still hadn’t gotten to them I’ve been ignoring them to be honest, I will pay for the unlock, it doesn’t take away from the challenge as you still have to beat everything to get the final license. Which I will do bu now I get all my cars back. :)

+ bsm1 on February 20th, 2009 at 3:52 am said: