PS4-The Order

Humbled, Honored and Hooray’ing all day!!! LittleBigPlanet AIAS awards recap!

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Feb 20, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

For those that may have missed it, LittleBigPlanet was a big hit last night at the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences’ 12th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards in Las Vegas. In addition to winning the Overall Game of the Year category, we were also honored with some incredible awards including:

• Console Game of the Year
  • Family Game of the Year
  • Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction
  • Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
  • Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering
  • Outstanding Innovation in Gaming

And to cap it off, SackBoy picked up the eight award for Outstanding Character Performance.

So on behalf of us here at Sony and the Molecules, a sincere ‘thank you’ to all the endless and incredible support of our LittleBigPlanet community and fans. This game is as much yours as it is ours.

In addition to being honored by AIAS, we were truly flattered that Beat Crusaders used our beloved SackBoy for their Phantom Planet music video. Check it out!

105 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Ftwrthtx on February 20th, 2009 at 5:04 pm said:

Congrats on all of the awards.

Well Deserved!

+ TheHater2 on February 20th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

How about you guys celebrate by give us some free contents and tell us when the Final Fantasy and Killzone contents are coming to LittleBigPlanet :)

+ Carnivius_Prime on February 20th, 2009 at 5:09 pm said:

Yup, well deserved. Great game and great character too.

+ Erratic_E on February 20th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

awesome achievements all around ……… congrats

+ jimmy903 on February 20th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

Very nice, hats off to everyone involved. Myself and my wife loved this game.

+ XxC-losxX on February 20th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

You guys deserve it :) LBP was a great game and OMG Sackboy’s invade our world in the video :O Awesome!
Btw, when will we see the Killzone 2 stuff on lbp? They told us “soon,” so then now its “soon soon?” :)

+ Raacky on February 20th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

dude i dont own this game and have played it a little but thank you media molecule!!! you guys are one of the best things to happen to the ps3, if not the best at the moment!! Will be buying lbp soon hopefully!

+ Violater on February 20th, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

Well deserved, congrats.
beer time

+ Midgetguy on February 20th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

That’s SO exciting!!!!

Congratulations on recieving all of those amazing awards! (You guys have to be breaking some sort of record now… right?) And, now LBP in a music video?!!?!?

It sounds to me like LittleBig Planet is becoming a cultural phenomenon as opposed to “just a game”…

+ PharmBoY044 on February 20th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

This game could never get enough praise and recognition.
This is just an amazing game.

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on February 20th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

Congrats!!! With a song video after your game, I think you guys are fully assured that you rock! :)

+ lcmnick on February 20th, 2009 at 5:31 pm said:

Great stuff.

A nice amount of blog updates today…keep it going!

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on February 20th, 2009 at 5:31 pm said:

Also, with all the greatness this game has, you should create a “short” show with these little guys and give them voices. I sure would watch it and am sure it would be funny. ;)

+ ClinToN on February 20th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

Big congrats guys and gals of MM. You deserve it.

+ Ejsponge61 on February 20th, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

Nice to see underdogs getting all of these awards

+ tearsofash on February 20th, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

Beat Crusaders rock.

+ easyaspie00 on February 20th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

Nice! Good job MM, I think everyone can agree when I say, you guys definitely earned it. I was just playing LBP a few hours ago, this game is too much! :D

+ VenomXv on February 20th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

Congratulations to this game on the awards.

Are the 2.7 firmware rumors true?

+ remanutd5 on February 20th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

Big congrats MM and sony, you guys deserve it.

+ LukaX23 on February 20th, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

What VenomXv said.

+ MidnightBlues on February 20th, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

littlebig planet desrves everything it gets!

best game ever…….no kidding

+ Shin-Ra on February 20th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

Standing ovation to Mm and SCE for their hard work and creativity.

+ ruibing on February 20th, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

Wow I was so surprised to see Beat Crusaders, is there anything LBP can’t do?

+ Webby181 on February 20th, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

Congratulations, Mm and Sony, on a job well done. :)

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on February 20th, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

congratz MM i (heart) LBP and DLC

+ Jeigh on February 20th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Something for the entire PlayStation Nation to be proud of. Just wish the sales reflected that pride to such an extreme degree.

On a similar front, I’m surprised to say that I was wrong about releasing those KZ2 reviews so early on. I figured it would make it old news by the time it came out, but it’s now one week away and I am sufficiently hyped for my copy to arrive. Go ahead and throw this on the stack of instances in which the fans perhaps didn’t know what they were talking about. Kudos, Mark et al.

+ MavSkipper on February 20th, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

Beat Crusaders rocks.

Oh and so does LBP. :p

+ mrbigshot58 on February 20th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

nice job

+ EyeAmmMcLovin on February 20th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

Congrats!! Now can somebody please tell me if they are going to make a Ratchet costume for this game? I seriously would pay whatever for it.

+ Dave18901 on February 20th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

This song should be put on LittleBigPlanet, oh and congratulations media molecule

+ trustter on February 20th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

Thanks Sony and MM for bringing this wicked game to us.

Congratulations!

+ lakaiHIGH on February 20th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

congratulations awesome work! i love this game sooooo much. really a masterpiece. thanks for GOTY 2008 MM.

peace,
Lh

+ king_kOng48 on February 20th, 2009 at 6:56 pm said:

AWSOME lol they desrveit

+ poisonedsodapop on February 20th, 2009 at 6:57 pm said:

Wow awesome that Beat Crusaders used the iconic Sackboy for their video. And congrats on all the awards!

+ Charliesdad on February 20th, 2009 at 7:24 pm said:

Awesome! Congratulations on the well deserved honors! Loved the video as well…just thinking…any chance of getting the instruments and band masks as free DLC? Song too? I know, I ask a lot.

+ liketoski on February 20th, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

You guys had this coming from the first day you unvieled Little Big Planet I knew this game would be good and I got it 3 days early from gamestop for that reason and I was right! :)

+ kaoskrayola on February 20th, 2009 at 7:32 pm said:

Congrats on the awards, they are well deserved.

+ DrBingogh on February 20th, 2009 at 7:51 pm said:

Tip of the hat gents! Well deserved indeed!

+ nokedimyo on February 20th, 2009 at 8:11 pm said:

Little Big Planet is a masterpiece that I will never get sick of playing.

+ acerazer1 on February 20th, 2009 at 8:23 pm said:

What an incredibly creative music video.

+ Cancer-fish on February 20th, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

so, ‘game of the year’ award that actually meant something, and it goes to LBP? dare I say, I’m not surprised and neither should you.

+ nervog on February 20th, 2009 at 8:39 pm said:

I love Beat Crusaders I just wish I had the time to play LBP.

+ Squamden on February 20th, 2009 at 8:40 pm said:

Congratulations! I watched the awards on IGN, and I think we can all agree that LittleBigPlanet definitely deserves the honors.

+ EddyxMob on February 20th, 2009 at 8:49 pm said:

awesome video and congrats

+ Arexia on February 20th, 2009 at 8:57 pm said:

Congratulations! I played LittleBigPlanet on my brother’s PS3 and fell in love with it instantly! Since I don’t have a PS3 (yet), I’ll have to wait unless any plans for LBP on the PSP are unveiled. Again, congrats, y’all deserve it :)

+ starBlinky01 on February 20th, 2009 at 9:02 pm said:

can you guys please make a daily best levels. Its pointless the way it is now.

Okay its not pointless, but the same levels will be there forever, its never going to change, so once you play them all, thats it forever, you have to resort back to the old ways of finding levels.

+ saintaqua on February 20th, 2009 at 9:03 pm said:

Even though all those other sites chose GTA as GOTY, I knew LBP was due more honors. It is far more deserving of the award than any other game last year.
Keep the great games coming MM!!

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 20th, 2009 at 9:03 pm said:

Congrats on sacking the AIAS awards, well deserved for MM and Sony!

See what I did there^?

+ reson8er on February 20th, 2009 at 9:14 pm said:

A banner day for Media Molecule and PlayStation.

My sincere congratulations!