PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Second Killzone 2 Live Chat Coming this Wednesday

TJ Consunji's Avatar + Posted by TJ Consunji on Feb 23, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager

Killzone 2 commercial

Hello All!

Back by popular demand (and we do mean “demand”), Guerrilla Games will be staying up late in Amsterdam this coming Wednesday, February 25th, to participate in a second in-Blog live chat & sharing more info on Killzone 2.

If you missed our last live chat, Guerrilla’s Seb Downie took on your questions live, ranging from topics such as Killzone.com, multiplayer ribbons, and unsolicited marriage proposals. You can re-live the session here. With thousands (!) of you participating in the chat, it’s no surprise that many questions were left unanswered. That’s why Jan-Bart Van Beek and Geert Donker will be back this Wednesday at noon Pacific/3pm Eastern for another hour of Killzone 2 mayhem.

Make sure to tune in a bit early for the topic (we’re staying more focused this time, a fan request), and we’ll see you then!

PAGE 1 2

+ DirtyDee on February 23rd, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

Awesome!!

+ Pop7up on February 23rd, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

AWESOME!!

+ Pop7up on February 23rd, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

omg are you serious? we said the same thing… at the same time… wow.

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 23rd, 2009 at 8:13 pm said:

jinx!

Seriously, that\’s a little weird, lol.

+ Elite_Pyro on February 23rd, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Sweet, I might get my question off this time :D

+ Slipping_halo on February 23rd, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Good stuff, but I have a question, if you said that the questions were flooding the screen last time, well now everyone knows that do you think they are going to flood even more??

My question for the live chat was that I was wondering if it took 5 years to make this game, are they going to think about license it out for other companies to use? Or was it a one time go?

+ TerryVSL on February 23rd, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Killzone 2 Home Support?

KZ2 costumes in the stores for people who didn’t pre-order from Amazon?

KZ2 Home Space?

KZ2 Home launching on Friday?

KZ2 Home support for clan clubhouses?

Can we have screen captures from clan matches up on the walls of our clubhouses?

Can we have replays of clan matches in our clubhouses?

Live top clan match streaming onto public screens in Home?

Leaderboards to follow the top clans inside of Home?

+ PirateThom on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

1+2 – Hivemind. :P

Live chats are always good, hopefully people will understand how a live chat works and not get annoyed when their question isn’t asked.

+ smokey_vols on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

Only 4 more day :)

+ Slipping_halo on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

oops I meant to license the game engine out, sorry about that!!

+ hvy20 on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

Do this more often with other developers…

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 23rd, 2009 at 8:14 pm said:

Already in the works :-)

+ TheHater2 on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

sweet. I hope my friend question get answer because I would really like to know also. Maybe you guys can help him out now.
His question was:
If you shoot someone and a medic comes and revive them do you still get he Kill?

Can you guys please help him out by answering it. I am use a lot more people would like to know also

TJ Consunji's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 23rd, 2009 at 8:15 pm said:

You know, I specifically remember that question coming through, and I thought we had gotten to that, but I guess not. I believe the answer is \’yes, you get the kill\’, but we\’ll find that out for you.

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

thanks gurilla games :)

+ Microshock on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

Cool!I had a question about re-mappable controls and that should still be an option, but i just didnt mess around with other control schemes and now i found a really good one

STANDARD 1 is the one i use.

+ Axecution on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

@6

Don’t think anybody really cares… I’ll care once it’s default in all games.

+ TakiFuGu on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

What’s up with the new PSN logo chime? I really don’t like it at all. Sounds like you guys are really copying X box Live’s chime.
For those of you that doesn’t know what I’m talking about. Take a look at the new The Making of Killzone 2 videos.

+ trustter on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

Coop in the future please. More maps and why not a coop package just like Resistance 2.

:D

+ Enigma777 on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

Sweet! This time I’ll keep spamming my questions till they get answered… not send it it once and then wait politely… :D

+ Ftwrthtx on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

I can’t wait for this game!

+ Dragonzblaze on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

cool now mayb i can get answers killzone 2 home support game launching etc

+ kingmeazly on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

awesome, my question is will there be vehicles online?

+ jimfear on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

unsolicited marriage proposals

Hahahahahahaha epic!

+ Enigma777 on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

@20: I can answer that for ya: Not right now, but maybe in a downloadable form later on…

+ TerryVSL on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

“cool now mayb i can get answers killzone 2 home support game launching etc”

Yep, the greatest FPS in history deserves the greatest Home support.

You log into Home. Jump to your clan’s club house. The club house is decked out with screenshots of your favorites KZ2 games. Perhaps there is a custom KZ2 clan space to buy instead of the default one. Video clips of your matches are streaming on video screens on the walls. There is a Warhawk strategy room type setup where everyone in the clan get together around and voice chat strategy before jumping into matches.

Clans can invite rival clans over to their club house and jump into and out of matches after talking [DELETED] about how many valor points to bet on. After the match everyone from both clans return to the same clubhouse.

Top clan matches have someone in spectator mode watching the games and streaming live video of it to huge public screens inside of Home where everyone can gather around and watch the games unfold. It could be a weekly event with a announcer calling the matches over the live video. Complete with clan leaderboards right there so everyone knows how many valor points are at stake and the relative standings of the clans participating.

+ Alclay on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

I’ll definantly be here for the Live Chat just like last week.

Isn’t Jan-Bart Van Beek the Art Director for Killzone 2?… I think he is b/c I remember seeing his name in a “Making of KZ2 video”. I’m not sure who the other guy is though and his role while working on KZ2.

Looking forward to the chat! I think It would be nice to get Steven Ter Hiede, Herman Hulst, Arjan Brussee or Mathijs De Jonge in a future Live Chat.

+ Thrasher20 on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

Can’t wait for the game already!

+ ts23245 on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

That last chat was very fun. I enjoyed it allot. That hour flew by fast.

+ ajpfeif on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

Cool.
I thought the chat was great.
But can you guys screen a bunch of the
“OMG Killzone 2 is awesome!!!” comments so actual questions can be posted?
(Its also kind of annoying reading something 50X that we all already know)

+ Skater_Ricky on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

To bad ill be at work working then :(

but i will check the Questions that were said and answers to them :D

Have Fun Guys in the Live Chat!

+ Blackfire17 on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

Nice!

+ Gringo234 on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

Hopefully my questions would get answer, even if they aren’t asked by me.

+ Carl-G on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

4 DAYS TO GO :P Well for me in the U.K anyway ;)

+ sealcalito12 on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:43 pm said:

Nice, everything Killzone 2 related is always good. An amazing game that I love to know more about.
I can’t wait until friday…

+ MirThps on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

Neat.

+ DNAgent on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

I’m sure all the IMPORTANT questions will be answered in this live chat. I’m really looking forward to knowing the answers to questions like these…

“What’s your favorite food?! LOLZ!”

“Do you like scary movies?”

“Wanna play a little game?”

Then the REAL questions will be ignored because i’m sure they will be flooded with questions and they can only pick the top questions people want to hear like stuff NOT relating to Killzone 2 in any way.

+ TwinTurboJosh on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

So when is SCEA going to start marketing this game? It’s out in 4 days and I’ve only seen the TV ad once, during a UFC fight. It was pretty sad since both the GTA4 DLC and The House of the Dead game for Wii were each shown about half a dozen times during that same fight.

Pretty sad; my most anticipated game in the last 8 months and it’s going to get destroyed in Feb/March NPDs because nobody knows about the damn game.

+ Cobra1 on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

Although good to hear, I certainly hope you’ve got a plan this time… Beer and marriage proposals notwithstanding, you could do a much better job feeding GOOD questions to the team. Please don’t waste their time or ours this week!

Thanks. I look forward to the event.

+ villevalorox on February 23rd, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

#1Will we see new weapons to come in DLC?

#2Will you be able to invite friends into games from the XMB like RE5?

#3What kind of support are we going to see with home day 1?

I really can not wait any longer for this gaem I’m so excited for it. :D

+ willacuz on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

Asking GG if KZ2 is 1080p – No
Asking about the Cover system in Multiplayer – no
Asking about the Knife in Multiplayer – No
Asking about Co-Op- No
Asking about other games – No

please just let the fans ask some new questions here..

+ I_OU_a-Beatn on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:19 pm said:

“Well, this is exactly what the doctor ordered. I just want to demand that FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS that are found here and other online resources are ignored for new questions and information.”

How about the:

“Since you could ______ in COD4, can you do it in Kz2?”

+ VAndrew on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

I hope I can make it. I have college until 4:30. Any time set yet?

+ Zookey on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

There were seriously thousands? it was a lot of fun either way glad you guys are doin’ it again!

+ spleendingo on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

@39

Read the whole article above. The time is plainly there.

Noon (Pacific)
3:00 p.m. (Eastern)

Looking forward to it! :)

+ TheHater2 on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

OMG, three more days until Killzone 2.

My list of things I need to do or don’t do when I get killzone 2.
Energy Drinks: CHECK
Snacks: CHECK
Turn Phone off:
Sleep 20+ Hours Thursday:
Weekend Free: CHECK

+ Dehshizknight on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

Live chat Wednesday

PSNation Kyle Shubel interview Thursday

KILLZONE 2 FRIDAY!!!

+ mendezgato on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:36 pm said:

if you can’t wait untill friday for kill zone 2 (like me)check out killzonewebgame .com

+ mendezgato on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

there is no space but if i put it together it would have to sit there waiting for moderation

+ mendezgato on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

KILLZONEWEBGAME.COM it’s fun and is from sony

+ DropD on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

thanks for the information, K2 looks like a great game. :-)

+ Jeigh on February 23rd, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

Ah, dammit. I’m glad there’s going to be another session, but at noon I’ll be on a bus. I don’t suppose we could postpone it an hour or so just for me…? =P

+ Griffins22 on February 23rd, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

This is good news. But please, PLEASE, do not post useless questions. I understand you were getting tons of questions. But do you have any idea how it feels to have your good question ignored and seeing questions like “What’s your favorite beer”, “Will you marry me” being posted. It’s frustrating.

PAGE 1 2