PS4 - Transistor

Second Killzone 2 Live Chat Coming this Wednesday

TJ Consunji's Avatar + Posted by TJ Consunji on Feb 23, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager

Killzone 2 commercial

Hello All!

Back by popular demand (and we do mean “demand”), Guerrilla Games will be staying up late in Amsterdam this coming Wednesday, February 25th, to participate in a second in-Blog live chat & sharing more info on Killzone 2.

If you missed our last live chat, Guerrilla’s Seb Downie took on your questions live, ranging from topics such as Killzone.com, multiplayer ribbons, and unsolicited marriage proposals. You can re-live the session here. With thousands (!) of you participating in the chat, it’s no surprise that many questions were left unanswered. That’s why Jan-Bart Van Beek and Geert Donker will be back this Wednesday at noon Pacific/3pm Eastern for another hour of Killzone 2 mayhem.

Make sure to tune in a bit early for the topic (we’re staying more focused this time, a fan request), and we’ll see you then!

PAGE 1 2

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on February 23rd, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

I’ll be here for THAT CHAT, I have a very CHOICE question for our dear friend and beloved developer Seb Downey…<.<

+ BZKlint on February 23rd, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

I wish that shot was uploaded in 1920×1080… So I could use it for my moniter. :)

+ e-WrEcK- on February 23rd, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

OK, I honestly have a very legitimate question, and if I am not present to ask this, someone else will need to ask this because I believe it to be important. Or the moderator needs to address this question.

Q: Regarding the voice chat within squad and factions. Now what I understand is that it is an open mic within the squad, so that the other 3 members in your squad can hear you.

Now the question I have is that, since you can chat with your squad, are you able to chat with other squads or just players that aren’t in squads? With squads being open chat, would there be a button to push down to open up a chat to everyone else?

Because my focus is that if you’ve got more than 3 other friends for a squad or 4, players even in a large clan as well want to be able to communicate with everyone.

continued in next post….

+ e-WrEcK- on February 23rd, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

Now the benefits of a squad are important to have so you can focus on several other guys’ health and what not. But if we are not able to chat with other squads or faction mates, it doesn’t make sense for our team members to not be in squads to chat with everyone to get our objective done.

Does that make sense? Well if the guys from Guerrilla can answer, that would be really helpful to know what we can do about squad chat, faction chat or chatting with other squads.

+ Blazebrova on February 23rd, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

Excellente!

+ Midgetguy on February 23rd, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

COOL! Hopefully I’ll be able to catch this one! lol These live chats are great ideas! I’d love to see more of them from a large variety of developers!

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on February 23rd, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

Hey BZKlint I made a 1920×1080 resize for you. here it is:http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v701/SooperGooman/?action=view&current=hellgastCustom-1.jpg

+ gooch-getta on February 23rd, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

I hate how sony sees one game and is dependent on that. Do this with other dev’s and other games. Maybe you will see a difference….

Why use killzone as your free way to sell systems? Many people have no idea what that game is were i am from.

+ Asshandler on February 23rd, 2009 at 6:45 pm said:

I was here for the entire first one, even showed up early… and not one single comment or question I asked about the game was posted, while discussion about beer and other trivial crap was posted over and over.

So yeah, I’m sure you’ll understand when I skip this one entirely.

+ Yanky on February 23rd, 2009 at 6:50 pm said:

This games going to be sick, getting it as soon as it comes out, hopefully a little earlier with my pre-order. I’ll have to read this discussion later on, as I got an early exam on Thursday :P, oh well.

+ lakaiHIGH on February 23rd, 2009 at 6:57 pm said:

back by popular demand! i love it. thanks for thinking of the fans. if i can ill try and make this one cuz i missed the last. ive got a couple nail biting questions that i gotta have answered b4 friday. i just can’t believe deployment is a mere 4 days away.

peace,
Lh

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on February 23rd, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

My question and Seb’s answer will solely determine if I EVER buy another GG product.

+ lebron_accel on February 23rd, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

4 more days baby!
um im gonna b at school, but wut time will it be here in alberta, canad?

+ lebron_accel on February 23rd, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

My question will be, wats guirella game’s next project? probably killzone 3?

+ liketoski on February 23rd, 2009 at 7:27 pm said:

Will co-op be DLC? Please oh PLEASE I beg you to ask that PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Jok3r_iz_Serious on February 23rd, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

KILLZONE 2 IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH CANT WAIT TO PWN ALL U NOOBS IN IT!!!!!!!!

+ stennex on February 23rd, 2009 at 7:38 pm said:

There should be a video chat in the online multiplayer of KZ2. It would be really great. Also will we be able to post videos on youtube for killshots or etc?

+ Mafia717 on February 23rd, 2009 at 7:38 pm said:

Hahaha Amsterdam, im suprised they can make a good game when there blazed all the time. Its 420 all day long their

+ gold5225 on February 23rd, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

Sweet Ill try to be at this one!

+ gold5225 on February 23rd, 2009 at 7:56 pm said:

@66 Thats why the game is soo awesome and inventive they want to be imersed into it as if its another World and demention lol. :)

But Really Killzone 2 is gonna be awesome.

+ Vergil3690 on February 23rd, 2009 at 8:21 pm said:

OOH, got my question already!

Will Killzone 2 make me a better person? haha

+ Jakal_ on February 23rd, 2009 at 10:34 pm said:

Cannot wait! Hoping my questions will get through this time.

I have a lot more game development oriented questions to ask but I’m also curious as to if players will be able to watch/save replays of online matches. I suppose I could wait 2 more days for the game to finally be released to find out but this question is eating away at my brain.
Also, curious about reporting glitches and the players abusing them and if replays are indeed a functionality in the game; whether or not players will be able to send them and use them as solid proof of a commited offense.

Little Big Planet has, by far, the most practical & easy to use way to report offensive content. Glitching is a whole other matter however, and especially in a shooter of any kind. Competitive shooters are too fast paced to be able to take a screenshot or sometimes a screenshot cannot reveal things that a replay can.

I’m really hoping that Killzone 2 has this functionality and if not then I hope they’re looking to implement it in the future.

+ acmilanboy on February 23rd, 2009 at 11:34 pm said:

I hope my questions are displayed , “DLC”

+ TheHater2 on February 24th, 2009 at 4:19 am said:

@Jeff
No that question wasn’t answer :(
That was the only question he had and was the only question he was sending in and it didn’t get answer. I was also sending in that question to help him out.

+ acmilanboy on February 24th, 2009 at 5:30 am said:

I want to talk with GOW devs and especially the game we know hardly about, MAG!!

+ mafecto on February 24th, 2009 at 6:11 am said:

I wish MY name was Geert Donker…

+ x3x1x on February 24th, 2009 at 7:12 am said:

Lets hope that we get some good questions this time. I found the last chat to be pretty underwhelming.

+ ReefrRulz on February 24th, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

I just want to know if Guerrila didn’t utilize a game install because of people complaining about them? I would rather have the option to install game data to relieve the “hitches” from streaming off the BD. I found them very annoying in the demo. other than that it was great and left me wanting to play more.

+ VAndrew on February 24th, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

Wow, I feel dumb for not seeing the time

+ zeke2040 on February 24th, 2009 at 8:59 am said:

well i’ve played the demo and didn’t like it as much, it look beautiful, but i’m kinda getting sick of shooter really, so many out there… i might pick this up when the DLC for co-op come in , other wise i’ll wait till the game is only 20 bucks…

+ SOLID_WOOD on February 24th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

The only thing I would like to know is if there are any plans to implement a CUSTOM control scheme (at least for multiplayer) I absolutely cannot get used to L2 as crouch and that is the only option available in the demo.

I just don’t understand the logic of having control presets. Why not just let the player customize the controls to their preference?

+ DTS_MAN on February 24th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

Well i tried the demo but nope FPS just make me dizzy…..roll on uncharted 2. what wimp i am.

:-)

+ ADR143 on February 24th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

yay!

+ KayinAngel on February 24th, 2009 at 3:19 pm said:

question: Why don’t devs allow mouse and keyboard support on console first person shooters to attract the pc gamers ?

+ Violater on February 24th, 2009 at 3:29 pm said:

Jeff why don’t u guys release the game already?

+ AhmedEvil on February 24th, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

i have tons of questions

+ SlaveSpawn on February 24th, 2009 at 8:17 pm said:

I don’t see the point really since the game releases the 25th (euro)- 27th (US)& all r questions will be answered.

About the only thing left to ask about Now is DLC & ???

+ xRMXx on February 24th, 2009 at 8:27 pm said:

can i please play the killzone 2 online beta? I love the demo and would like to try the online multiplayer.

+ Liquid-PSN on February 24th, 2009 at 8:47 pm said:

PLEASE SOMEONE ASK IF THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF FREE FOR ALL AS A PATCH OR DLC! because im in the school at that time..

+ Threat555 on February 24th, 2009 at 10:23 pm said:

Will Kz2 have any PS Eye uses?

like how it is used on burnout.

+ A-RONAMY on February 24th, 2009 at 11:40 pm said:

crazy….crazy….crazy….

+ kimi_maro30 on February 25th, 2009 at 6:27 am said:

nice

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on February 25th, 2009 at 8:21 am said:

If Seb APOLOGIZES to me today on the live chat, I will forgive him for his mistake and I’ll buy this game, until then I’m a no sale.

Seb knows what he did wrong, I was trying to keep His PSP Killzone Liberation Online Beta for us Beta Testers but he read my post wrong, jumped to conclusions and lashed out at me on the Beta forums. In the process turning the forums against me and having me booted from the G.A.P. of which I was a member for 6 years.

So if Seb wants (I know one person may not count) me to continue to BUY GG games and support them, well he knows what he has to do. I’m sorry for being so angry and also acting like a jerk in the past, so now it’s your turn to apologize Seb.

+ jamescox1 on February 25th, 2009 at 8:32 am said:

Where is the link to go to the Q & A, cause I wanna know if there going to release a patch to do custom Controls (yes i know this subject has been discussed for awhile now, buti am handicapped and have limited use with my right hand, I want to be able to fire with L1 or L2)

+ nabokovfan87 on February 25th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

2 questions, the first is more important.

please ask him about custom control schemes, modifying sensitivity, etc…. is there any plans to get feedback and enhance things in the first patch?

going from pc to ps3 is tough, i wish games would let me use my kb/m already!

playing as engineer, with the auto sentry, do the sentry kills count as your own ala team fortress 2?

+ Asshandler on February 25th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

A small group of friends and I will be playing Killzone 2, but it would be nice to have a group as active as possible, so if anyone around here is interested in joining up with us, please head on over to our site (othersi.com), and jump into the KZ2 thread to let us know you are interested.

Just looking for some friendly, easygoing folks that want to play for fun. Most of us have wives, kids and/or full-time jobs, so we’re not going to be some diehard group that wants to win tournaments and stuff.

Just want to have some fun. If that appeals to you, feel free to come join us. :)

Thanks guys.

+ HorizonShadow on February 25th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

Ahah, I guess I’ll actually be able to attend this one. I’ll hop back on in a half hour and shoot some questions.

+ HorizonShadow on February 25th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

@93

Not buying the game isn’t going to affect GG at all, They’ve already outsold R2, haha.

PAGE 1 2