PS4-Infamous

Killzone 2 Live Q&A #2 with Guerrilla Games

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 25, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

It’s time again for what’s quickly becoming a weekly tradition – a one-hour live chat with our good friends in Guerrilla Games. Starting at noon Pacific/3pm Eastern, Jan-Bart Van Beek and Geert Donker will be joining us live from Amsterdam. They worked on the Killzone 2 TV spot that was revealed last week using KZ2′s game engine. They’re on hand to answer questions about anything you saw in that ad and the recently announced “4-D” PS3 app, where you’ll be able to take a closer look into the world revealed in the ad.

UPDATE: Thanks everyone for joining – we hope you got your questions answered. Also, we know you had lots of multiplayer questions and other stuff – they weren’t ignored, it was just outside the scope of this particular chat. We’re already looking into addressing those – maybe with another chat :-)

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Craazy on February 25th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

Only like 20 questions I asked got ignored…..not bad

+ Crotin on February 25th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

lol joker, Andre Issa’s was ok, but the others that slipped through…sigh*

+ Sancor on February 25th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

Hope we get another livechat, where we are able to ask about other things not ADs related!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 25th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

You may get your wish. That\’s what they were working on most recently (that and the distinctive art style) so many of the questions asked were outside of their specialty.

+ Jeigh on February 25th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

Missed it by four damn minutes… Ah, this cruel, cruel world.

+ TheGuardianFID on February 25th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

Great Chat, none of my questions got through but it’s all good, it was much better this time around, more focused, great job guys!!! :D

+ White-Sharingan on February 25th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

LOL @ marry me requests too xDDD epic

+ hvy20 on February 25th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

that was cool

+ EvoAnubis on February 25th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

That was fun. This REALLY needs to be a weekly thing with different dev teams.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 25th, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

I like what you\’re thinking. I\’m thinking it too.

+ Jakal_ on February 25th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Some questions were getting redundant but it was overall better than the first chat. Great job Jeff! I’m so glad that one of my many questions finally got through!

+ Ackers11 on February 25th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

YES MA COMMENT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!

+ The_Punisher111 on February 25th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

ISA vs Helghan whos gunna pwn? obvious answer would be Helghan! FTW

+ Sancor on February 25th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

We need more time to do this chats, and another place to post the questions, something like, we write down here the questions and in the chat just go the selected ones and answers.
No comments.

+ NaijaBoy22 on February 25th, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

this was bs all they talked about was 4-d ad….

+ Thrasher20 on February 25th, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

I completely missed it once again, oh well! I will be purchasing this wonderful video game we call Killzone 2 first day on the market!

+ DropD on February 25th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

speaking to developers is great, thanks for making it happen and don’t stop.

+ Cobra1 on February 25th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

You guys did a much better job this time around! Great job!

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 25th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

No more live chats please, Jeff you told me specifically to come back to the next chat (this one) and ask my question yet I did several times and nothing.

+ Sancor on February 25th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

Thanks Jeff for replying!

+ ColonelSeitan on February 25th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

Hey Jeff-

I think you guys should warn users beforehand that their comments in the live chat might not go through because of volume/moderation. I’ve tried posting to both of the chats and my questions never go through…it’s a bit frustrating. Thanks guys, it was still great getting to hear from the GG gang.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 25th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

Right, we\’ll be more clear next time.

+ BZKlint on February 25th, 2009 at 1:27 pm said:

Just left a comment on David Jaffe’s blog asking if he’d consider doing a live Q&A on here for God of War III :)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 25th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

Ha, thanks! Of course he\’s not directly working on the game…

+ BZKlint on February 25th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

Though you guys probably have the ability to just call him :(

+ Pinto55 on February 25th, 2009 at 1:30 pm said:

This chat was an excelent idea!

+ decimalator on February 25th, 2009 at 1:30 pm said:

@BZKlint

Maybe if he were directing. :-)

Great chat!

+ Enforcer_X on February 25th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

I NEED that replica rifle!

+ Delriach on February 25th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

Damn, second time you did this with me having class at the same time.

*shakes fist*

+ peevmyster on February 25th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

I like the interactive chats, when it’s about the game. Definately would like to live chat with the MLB 09 guys. and Uncharted 2. and MAG.

+ Ciscorucinski on February 25th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

Hi Jeff.

My question that I asked during the live chat, I believe, was in the scope of Jan-Bart Van Beek and Geert Donker’s knowledge (and maybe yours). It dealt specifically about the app, and what will be available to play.

Will the interactive ad (PS3 app) revolve around only the content that we seen in the TV spot ad, or will we be able to perform other “scenes”?

Maybe this is in your scope of knowledge, Jeff?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 25th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

We must\’ve not seen that one (the questions scroll by very quickly). It\’s just of the ad.

+ Jakal_ on February 25th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

David Jaffe isn’t involved with God of War III. His thoughts however, on it belong on his blog.

Outside of more chats with Guerrilla Devs, I’d like to chat with a dev from Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog. What am I saying… the list doesn’t stop there, a chat with the Sony Santa Monica studio and the developers behind Heavy Rain (don’t quite remember the name) would be an ingenius feat as well! Even some 3rd party multiplatform devs would be nice.

Another idea to consider Jeff, while it may be far more daunting that a live chat, a Playstation.Blog weekly podcast would be great. A special guest every week and listener questions/comments would be phenomenal! You’ve obviously got talent, seeing as how you appeared on the IGN podcast, and I really need to replace the void in my life after 1UP.com died and is now an undead zombie.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 25th, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

Ha, it\’s being very strongly considered – we\’re still poring through the survey results to come up with the right formats/content.

+ afrosheen on February 25th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

Can these guys have someone make a Killzone anime or a series of shorts that flesh out the history of the conflict? I’d love some back story.

+ Gringo234 on February 25th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

I want a Killzone novel.

+ hife on February 25th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

Well, I missed it again, but I love that y’all (yeah I know, I’m from Texas)are doing this.

+ Ciscorucinski on February 25th, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I should have stated that my message was not going through the filter, hence the reason why it was not seen.

I am glad that this is not going to be dependent on having the disc which will allow more individuals to see for themselves what Killzone 2 is all about; however, this App would become a “longer-lasting” experience if there where different possibilities beyond the commercial.

I am looking forward to the PS3 App even without the possibilities that I mentioned earlier, and future Live Question and Answer sessions.

Great job to Jan-Bart Van Beek, Geert Donker, and all others affiliated with the TV spot ad, PS3 App, Guerrilla Games, and the Live Question and Answer session.

+ penetration1 on February 25th, 2009 at 2:29 pm said:

hey jeff rubenstein
can you bold the questions that are being answered (like the first live chat)? i dont want to read questions that are not going to be answered.

+ trustter on February 25th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

Hi Jeff!

Thanks for bringing the chat to the blog.
I think it will be a good start for many other cool things.

This chat should be definitely way more often.

Here some things we can do to help the Devs to get something more closer to what the players are expecting for their games.

- Have some beta for people who participate the blog very often. So we can be good testers at the initial stage of a game.

- To make the chat more organized, maybe have couple key features to talk about. It can be visual, multiplayer, game play, level design etc.
- Have more prize stuff maybe even a visit at some studio.

Just some ideas.

+ TwiztedR3DHead on February 25th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

nice cant wait to get ps3 back

+ lebron_accel on February 25th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

oh grats, i missed it again! had 2 go to school. is there any chance that a Q&A would b weekends, saturday?

+ Heartsbane on February 25th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

It’s over? That Timezone Converter lied to me! :P

Can’t wait until Friday!

+ BZKlint on February 25th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

@ Jeff

Heh, yeah I just figured that out from his response :(

I wasn’t sure if he was or not, but I know know :P

+ acmilanboy on February 25th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

Hey Jeff, a quickie……do you think the announcement of 2.7 firmware for PS3 is closeby?

+ Anthony805 on February 25th, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

2 more days can’t frickin wait. Add me if this is a day one purchase for you.

+ TFHAppo on February 25th, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

Sorry for all the multiplayer questions, Jeff. >.<

is there anyways we can get one where our questions aren’t watched like that? I mean, you can trust us, right? (Yeah right, LOL)

+ Jon_Mclane on February 25th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

you gotta get travis williams on, he’s a funny guy and I haven’t seen him on the blog in a long time

+ Enigma777 on February 25th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

W00T! My question got asked… but I meant the 4D commercial… when will that be out?

+ JoeDuke4 on February 25th, 2009 at 9:36 pm said:

Killzone 2 is freakin awesome!

+ Liquid-PSN on February 26th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

what? they only [DELETED] talk about the damn commercial!

+ DominicanNinja on March 1st, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

GG i hope you guys fix the server problems. i absolutely love the game but i keep getting annoyed when i play a 20 minute match and dont get any points for it. some of those time i play it’ll say due to a server issue my points arent recorded. so i just wasted my time playing bcuz i didnt get any exp for it.ive played atleast 40 games and i guarantee u 20 of those match i didnt gone no exp and its really frustrating when that happens. please fix this problem

+ saneroner on March 2nd, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

the game is great i only have a couple of concerns with it.
1. why is it or why does it take so much ammo to kill a person unless its a head shot?

PAGE 1 2 3