Paragon

Feb 25

Feb 25

PlayStation Home Weekly: Warhawk Game Launching Event, New Street Fighter IV Virtual Items Announced

Locust_Star's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Home Community Manager

Hey Homelings,

Locust_Star here giving you a quick heads up about some rad going ons that will be going down in-world this week. As you may or may not know, Warhawk is getting its own game space in PlayStation Home on Thursday, February 26th. This space is a great example of the next level in Home’s development – boasting serious interactive features from tactical furniture to game launching. So on opening day we’re inviting you all out to the new space to meet new people, strategize your next attack (using the interactive sand table), launch into the game, and commence the carnage.

This event will run from dawn to dawn, so when you get out of work, class, or a well-deserved nap be sure to log in and meet up with old clan members and new teammates alike. You might even see me in there kicking some Eucadian butt (or Chernovan, depending on my mood). Look for a video walkthrough of the Warhawk Command Center with Dylan Jobe tomorrow morning!

Ryu and Ken in PlayStation Home

If you were not yet aware, Capcom’s newly-released Street Fighter IV is tightly integrated with Home, offering unlockable virtual items when users perform certain actions in the game. To help you keep up with the Joneses, we’ll be dropping some hot new Street Fighter IV gear – specifically Chun Li, Ryu, Guile, and Ken costumes. So make sure you grab your favorite (and your second favorite) character’s attire if you want to hit the scene looking your sharpest. It’s a surefire way to get the attention of your fellow community members.

See you in Home!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Ftwrthtx said:

February 25th, 3:47 pm

Will the Warhawk tables be private or will everyone be able to see what is being planned?

Locust_Star's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

February 25th, 5:33 pm

The Host controls the table, and everyone engaged in the game with the Host (we last tested with 16 players) will be able to access the sand table and see what is being planned.

ILOVEPLASTATION3 said:

February 25th, 3:48 pm

No fair…I am still waiting for my refurb ps3. :( Guess I got to wait.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

February 25th, 3:54 pm

Please have AMBIENCE MUSIC on the Warhawk Home Space, nothing worse than deafening silence like in the Gamer’s Lounge and Far Cry 2. AMBIENCE MUSIC is a must to any Home Space.

Game Launching should be persistent, if I go from the Central Plaza to the Warhawk Home space to the mall to the Uncharted Home Space looking for more players, I shouldn’t lose the Game launching that I already started.

Locust_Star's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

February 25th, 5:33 pm

There absolutely is ambient sound/music in the space.

evilman278 said:

February 25th, 3:55 pm

=D

lakaiHIGH said:

February 25th, 4:00 pm

sounds tight! thanks for the reminder. i really wish more games supported game launching through home. i’d be in there more often if it did.

peace,
Lh

Locust_Star's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

February 25th, 4:41 pm

Many more games will support game launching in the near future, so don\’t despair. Remember, we\’re only in our infancy. This is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

adz2k7 said:

February 25th, 4:00 pm

Europe tomorrow? Or should we be expecting to get left out of yet another Home space and more content?

-Ad-

PACMAN_07 said:

February 25th, 4:06 pm

how much is the streetfighter gear going to be

Locust_Star's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

February 25th, 5:58 pm

.99 per piece

d3br34k5 said:

February 25th, 4:08 pm

Although it was the first time I`ve logged into Home for over a month, I liked the Saiko shirt I unlocked by using Dan online. I`m not sure if it unlocks through using him in online battles or just by using him in general, but the shirt is pretty cool.

If Sony would re-introduce public voice communication and somehow make my NHL 09 clubhouse worth visiting with my team (a whiteboard I can write on, that sandbox in the Warhawk space would work well), I might log in more frequently.

It`s really not much use to me currently but i`m looking forward to at least checking out the improvements.

Locust_Star's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

February 25th, 4:45 pm

We\’re exploring our possibilities with voice chat features and like many things that were once in Home – be they in closed or open beta – we sometimes will temporarily remove features in order to expand or improve upon them. Similarly, the clubhouses are a work-in-progress and the dev teams are always stepping up the game in regards to private areas. If you have an idea, please be sure to keep this feedback flowing by posting in the official Home forums. We DO take user\’s ideas and implement them.

Darth-Krayt said:

February 25th, 4:08 pm

OK, so I’m not a huge fan of this particular new, but it’s still nice you’re expanding.

I bought Warhawk on it’s release day, I enjoyed it for a week until others started getting good. It wasn’t fun to me after everyone knew the tricks. Ut I sold the BT headset that came with it to my buddies girl for $40, and I traded in the game for $30, so I made 10 bucks for renting it, which wasn’t to bad ,non? So aside from any mini-games I don’t care about the Warhawk space, but I’m VERY excited for the EA space for the Texas Hold ’em. Please hurry witrh that one. Poker in Home is going to be awesome.

As for the SF4 costumes, I’m personally not a fan of the “good” characters in Street Fighter. So I won’t buy any of these, but if you guys release a Bison, or Vega skin, they’d be the 1st things in Home I’d actually consider worth money.

Speaking of money, the reason I don’t buy anything in Home is the stuff is kind of rediculously priced. I love home, don’t get me wrong. But it’s just too much for just some lame clothes for your avatar. 50 cents to 1.99? that’s crazy. Shirits and panats shouuld be lie 10-25 cents, whole skins 50 cents (ninja/santa)-$2(official).

Zezzler said:

February 25th, 4:09 pm

Always good to see Home is getting updated. I hope its a weekly thing from now on, just like the PSN Store.

Keep up the awesome work and some Canadian Contests would be greatly appreciated. :P

Skater_Ricky said:

February 25th, 4:10 pm

Thank you Locust_Star for the Good news

Any word on Upcomming Rooms like Resistance and RE5 room?

Not to Mention the Socom Room

Are they Working Hard on them??

Thanks again… and PS L_S i send you a Private message back about the other days Message back.

Have fun and enjoy Warhawk.. Hope to see you in there.. since i had the game from the first day :D

Seen alot of good changes and i need to dust off the cover and give it a go agian :D

Locust_Star's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

February 25th, 5:35 pm

\”Are they working hard on them?\” Absolutely. We\’re not releasing dates on these rooms at this time but, suffice to say, they are right around the corner.

headwing45 said:

February 25th, 4:12 pm

Thank you for the update, im really looking forward to the other game spaces along with this one, i hope the Resistance and Resident evil 5 space come soon!

Any Killzone content comming to home?

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

February 25th, 4:12 pm

Hey I was in the new gamer space the day that you told us to be in there either as ninja’s or dressed in all black. I was in there all day until I saw you. Where is my free SOCOM and Warhawk Vouchers? That’s what was promised.

Otherwise this is a much needed update to Home but how are we to strategize with new and old people if there is NO VOICE CHAT? My psn list is full so I can’t add anyone new and I don’t wish to delete anyone now. How are we to really interact and plan without that communication aspect? Hmm?

Locust_Star's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

February 25th, 4:51 pm

We\’ve concluded the fulfillment process for the Ninjas event. However, we\’re not above the off-mistake. PM me on the forums with the username associated with your avatar at the time of the contest. We have a comprehensive, 100% accurate list of all the winners, and trackings on all the vouchers.

Darth-Krayt said:

February 25th, 4:15 pm

Oh, also, can you say if custom sountracks will ever be availible for use while in Home? That’s one of the few things I don’t like about home. I’d MUCH rather be listening to Coast to Coast or Howard Stern while in Home than that horrible elevator music, lol. I’m laughing on the outside, but I’m totally serious on the inside.

kingmeazly said:

February 25th, 4:23 pm

awesome new, i love home it was a GREAT idea, can you tell me when the next big thing for home is?

Locust_Star's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

February 25th, 5:41 pm

I can tell you where to go for the next big announcement, but you\’re already here!

trav54 said:

February 25th, 4:23 pm

Wonder if all the SF Home costumes people will download will only be Kens…like SF IV online. I kid, I kid…a little.

mafecto said:

February 25th, 4:24 pm

Warhawk is some of the most fun I’ve ever had with a game. There. I said it. It’s f’ing fantastic, even after playing every day for the past year and a half. Suffice it to say, I will be checking out the Home space. Cheers!

onisat said:

February 25th, 4:33 pm

Hey thanks for the heads up, oh yea and when will the stuff store get content?

Locust_Star's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

February 25th, 4:48 pm

There will be more content in the store tomorrow as well, but you\’ll have to go there and check it out for yourself…

Zookey said:

February 25th, 4:47 pm

Cool cool–might have to get back into Warhawk over this :-)

gooch-getta said:

February 25th, 4:51 pm

Home is so boring… Wow lets play the same bowling and buy crap for my avatar. Make it fun and have more things to do. Have a money system or something. I mean games don’t even support it.. Make developers support it or something. Why use home? There really is no reason to even use it.

Capt-Fury- said:

February 25th, 4:52 pm

hey locust, whos the guy in your avatar?

GGCAN said:

February 25th, 4:59 pm

Thanks for the heads up Locust_Star.

Read about this on a few other blogs, but there’s so many rumors lately…until I see it on this blog, you kind of take it with a grain of salt.

Keep the Home updates coming !

jiggyteddy said:

February 25th, 5:10 pm

Thanks for the update Locust.

Just saw this on the official forum.

BTW… hey sup eric!

bball230 said:

February 25th, 5:12 pm

Thanks for the good news… “playstation home weekly” does this mean u guys will be bringing us updates weekly( each 1 week?)

most importantly a more streamlined launch into home.. it just takes too long to launch the app. and i dont want to have to click “connect” after already starting the app.

Also heres a GREAT idea.. when we load into a space.. say central plaza.. can ALL the other areas load in background (favorites first) so that the loading times for each space are slim to none.

trophy room (shown at a previous e3)
Sports area room (shown at a previous e3)
video/ music streaming.

my predicitions:
new spaces/ content will be realesed every 2 weeks for a while..IT SHOULD BE EVERY WEEK THOUGH

EternalMovement said:

February 25th, 5:14 pm

Will the Eu being seeing the update tomorrow? Thanks

DropD said:

February 25th, 5:15 pm

Does KZ2 have anything like this planned?

JKar275 said:

February 25th, 5:19 pm

I’m glad to finally see that the Warhawk game space will finally launch after all the waiting that my buddies & I have done. Please have it set up so that we don’t have to wait in long lines to use the sandbox feature! There is nothing more frustrating than finding out that you have to wait in line in Home after a long day of waiting in lines at the checkout line at the supermarket, bank, post office, etc.

GamerMoney said:

February 25th, 5:20 pm

I hope y’all don’t release the in-game clothes and put them on sale

Locust_Star's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

February 25th, 6:02 pm

No worries. The SFIV unlockable items are not for sale.

will_orz said:

February 25th, 5:35 pm

DO WANT CHUN-LI. Does it come out this week?

Barackobama_09 said:

February 25th, 5:37 pm

good news! but what can u do in the space because i want more games in home and im waiting for my kz2 clothes

ChaosJay said:

February 25th, 5:39 pm

Is there any chance of letting sub-accounts into home? I made my account when I was still under 18, and I’ve already earned a lot of stuff for home under that account. Last time I contacted Sony, they said I had to make a whole new account :\

Barackobama_09 said:

February 25th, 5:40 pm

nice

XxC-losxX said:

February 25th, 5:43 pm

OMG! Even though this was pretty late..I love it. Love Warhawk. I can officially go on home with my account tomorrow cuz I turn 16!!!
Great News =)

dwight123 said:

February 25th, 5:51 pm

Is this the offical launch of ALL game launching?great update though!

Locust_Star's Avatar

Locust_Star said:

February 25th, 6:00 pm

Sorry but no. Game launching has to be developed on a game-by-game basis.

juicypoot said:

February 25th, 5:52 pm

So is there ever gonna be a Killzone2 space? I sure hope so.

cbeyond said:

February 25th, 5:59 pm

Will Jess make an appearance in the Warhawk space?

Fausk said:

February 25th, 6:08 pm

So I’m guessing the Watchmen stuff is going to be for Europe Home only. That’s too bad.

FredNation said:

February 25th, 6:15 pm

Well thanks for the update. Also when will we have the EA Game Space and also about the 10-screen theater, is it going to be exactly like the UK version or better? Because I know that in the UK version you cannot walk in side the theater where they have the screen, but you can walk around in the lobby.

Thanks:FredNation

willacuz said:

February 25th, 6:25 pm

“Locust_Star replied on February 25, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Sorry but no. Game launching has to be developed on a game-by-game basis.”

You’re kidding me right? Game Launching was at least loading up the game and returning you to HOME in the beta. At least that way your group of people launched the game, yes you still had to setup the online portion of it.But it was better than nothing. Just like we had to phone each other to link up when we didn’t have xmb access, we find a way. It was better than just launching Warhawk.

Seeing as how Sony doesn’t force developers to do anything, I’m guessing only first party games will ever be launched from home, and maybe a capcom one. You guys really need to work on communication instead of the baiting/waiting game. If Game launching had to be done by the developer, the community should have known this. No one would be asking if we knew the features have to be done by the developers, because we know it wont happen.but but wait.. its a open beta! So yeah.. tip of the iceberg.

flipm725 said:

February 25th, 6:25 pm

Hey Locust_Star, where did you get your avatar? Does that mean we’ll be getting new avatars soon?

Blkant said:

February 25th, 6:35 pm

Isn’t it pretty late to just now have the warhawk room up? It just seems to me that everything is taking way to much time and to be blunt, as much as I liked the home idea, its not offering much. I even noticed that the japanese home looks more elegant with more artistic like settings. Perhaps I’m being to pessimistic, but given the fact that that home still has very little to offer, what with the red bull race being the only real functional room, home has given me the impression of a dud. Many promises and yet its as if it was abandoned shortly after completion. Perhaps its a lack of communication of what is being done on home, but it feels as though home is quite “dead” or abandoned :/ Maybe you could shed some light on this?

Delriach said:

February 25th, 6:36 pm

I want that Chun-Li costume…

That and just longer hair would be nice. For males that is.

j5f8k said:

February 25th, 6:38 pm

GREAT!!!! Ive been waiting for the Warhawk room for sooooo long!!! Hey L_S it there ever going to be a Skate 2 room?

EvoAnubis said:

February 25th, 6:42 pm

Sounds good, LS. Think I’ll come out of retirement for this one. I KNOW my brother is going to love this; Warhawk is all he plays. and he has more games than even I do.

Can’t wait to see it, and can’t wait to see what’s next. Catch you later!

TheHater2 said:

February 25th, 6:42 pm

When will be able to stream video and music from our Harddrives in your apartments? Those features were promise to us when Home was announce and have yet to be implemented in HOME. Your competitor has already implemented the ability to stream movies in the New Xbox Experience (as usual MS rip their competitor off). Why is it taking so long or were those just empty promise just to hype HOME into something it not or ever will be? Just give us a time table for when you expect at least one of these features to be in HOME. Weeks? Months? Years? Or NEVER?
And please don’t beat around the bushes and just give a straight answer.

JDot4 said:

February 25th, 6:45 pm

Will the games launch from Home be on the official servers as ranked games? War Hawk is a great time and I can’t wait to see how the Home interaction will change the dynamics. Keep the updates coming!

remanutd5 said:

February 25th, 6:52 pm

wow the best online experience i’ve had on my ps3 thus far is getting a home space??? im there tomorrow for sure

TheHater2 said:

February 25th, 6:53 pm

@39 Blkant
Home have a lot of empty promises that have yet to be fulfill. Where is the trophy rooms, stream both music and movies from your HDD in your apartment. Hell HOME don’t even have mic support already. Why can’t Sony just implement a system in which you can report individuals that scream at or annoying others? After a set number of reports that individual Playstation 3 IP Address and User name is banned from using their mic in HOME. You don’t have to ban them, just remove their ability to speak to others in public areas.
That why I don’t go on HOME anymore. When there was the ability to use the mic, me and friends would just walk around home or play some games while chatting to each other. Now we don’t even use Home anymore and just chat in a regular chat room on the PSN.

SillyHatMafia said:

February 25th, 7:04 pm

Awesome! i just want more games to support home/game launching, but its a beta, so i can’t complain really.

Besides, i’ll be to busy playing Killzone 2 to worry about gamelaunching from home TO killzone 2 :P

Midgetguy said:

February 25th, 7:06 pm

Cool! I like hearing news about Home expanding! This really is the start of more and more developers taking Home seriously, and creating spaces to keep players coming back for more! I think that by the end of March, Home should have something for everyone! :)

PAGE 1 2