PS4-Watch_Dogs

Picking up Your Copy of Killzone 2 Soon? Snap a Pic!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 26, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

The time is almost upon us – in just a few precious hours, North American gamers will begin picking up and playing their copies of Killzone 2. In order to fully mark this occasion (probably the last time you’ll be outside for a few weeks), we encourage you to take a photo of yourself picking up the game. We know a *lot* of you pre-ordered the game, so we’ve started a collection on the PlayStation.Blog Facebook page. Just upload your pic(s) to the gallery and tag them with “kz2″ – you’ll need to ‘Fan’ the page first – and let us know you’ve joined the Helghan invasion!

As a bit of extra incentive we’ll be randomly giving out Killzone 2 Strategy Guides from BradyGames (we’ll select the lucky photogs a week from today).

Killzone 2 Strategy Guide from BradyGames

We took a few Killzone 2 pics around the office today to get things started. So share your experience – and enjoy the game!

Picking up Killzone 2 Picking up Killzone 2 Picking up Killzone 2

PAGE 1 2 3

+ mywhitenoise on February 26th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

Hate to sound like a typical gaming nerd, but that chick is hot.

+ sNsKid on February 26th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Do you guys use facebook for everything? I don’t have a facebook account and nothing is going to make me get one.
I’ll be getting K2 and not snapping any pictures.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2009 at 1:27 pm said:

Well, you\’ve got to play to win. Enjoy the game though.

+ TheHater2 on February 26th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

I been searching for about 4 hours for a Copy of Killzone 2 in NYC today and I finally got one :) Going to eat some food first before I start playing all night long.

+ The_Punisher111 on February 26th, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

Cant wait for KZ2!

+ feedDUNK_All on February 26th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

Been waiting for this for a lloonngg time. Will post pict for sure!!!

+ DMPrince on February 26th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Would but Gamestop cancelled Midnight Launch.

+ dehumanizer_666 on February 26th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

sounds great but i don’t have a facebook account.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

It\’s free to join.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 26th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

As much as I would love to post a picture of my self holding the game that is taking a precious minute or two away from Killzone and we can’t have that now can we.

+ Zookey on February 26th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

Oh! Let’s hope the local Play N Trade (where I reserved a bunch of games in a GameStop protest) doesn’t get the KZ2 copy I pre-ordered 3 days late like SF4 hehe! Weird enough, Fallout 3 last year and Prinny this year came on launch day so 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.

+ Neil on February 26th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

This time tomorrow.

+ Scodo_Thope on February 26th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

Game Slop, don’t waste your money!

No Facebook!

:P

+ AKGermany on February 26th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

I’m not into Facebook either, so I wouldn’t register.

+ Ftwrthtx on February 26th, 2009 at 1:21 pm said:

I won’t be able to pick up my copy until 10 AM PST tomorrow. That sucks!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

That\’s fine, do it then – we\’re not picking winners for a week.

+ depward on February 26th, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

What would be cool was if you asked everyone to use a particular Flickr tag if they don’t want to use Facebook…

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

Hmm, maybe next time, but you\’ve got to join that too. FB has more users than Flickr, so we did that.

+ jedi_webslinger on February 26th, 2009 at 1:30 pm said:

really can’t wait for this… especially i have friends in europe who are playing since the 20th

+ Jeigh on February 26th, 2009 at 1:30 pm said:

Hurray for communal experience-sharings! Unfortunately, I will not be joining in on the fun for a number of reasons, one being a moral stance against community-based website fads such as Facebook. Have fun though.

+ Capt-Fury- on February 26th, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

I know Chris is the one in the yellow shirt but who are the other 2?

She needs to hang around the blog more

;)

+ tearsofash on February 26th, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

Isn’t this game already out?

+ SalMoriarty on February 26th, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

why not set up a flickr photo pool?

+ saintaqua on February 26th, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

Some stores like GS and EB forbid photography on the premises. ;_;

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

Out front? Exercise your constitutional rights!

+ Scodo_Thope on February 26th, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

To clarify:

The Game Stop is Slop for canceling the midnight release.

KZ2, looks awesome!

+ jayyy91 on February 26th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

I’m not liking this Facebook thing. I rather have everything in one place:

ON THIS BLOG!

+ QCVic on February 26th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

Well I still have an active facebook account. So I`ll post a pic when my copy from Amazon comes in

+ lcmnick on February 26th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

KZ2 got delivered today!

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff…when are you going to post the feedback from the ps blog survey??

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2009 at 1:48 pm said:

We\’re still combing through it. The multiple choice stuff is easy, the write ins take *forever*.

I finally feel bad for my teachers. Grading tests SUCKS, lol.

+ Violater on February 26th, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

For the love of (insert deity of your choice) why wont u guys just allow retailers to sell the game today?????

+ ne4ious on February 26th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

can’t wait to play this and kick some Helghan Arse!

+ Skater_Ricky on February 26th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

My Gamestop is having a Midnight Launch :D

Springfield, MO if you live around that Area

Across from the Mall :D

Hope to Get in on the Action in the Photo Shots :D

Facebook you will have to give me my Password because im sure i forgot it haha!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

I\’ll want to see the pics!

+ JoE5005 on February 26th, 2009 at 1:42 pm said:

My GameStop isn’t doing a midnight release :(

+ Snuter on February 26th, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

I assume that by “randomly” you mean excluding all those delightful Canadians that participate on this US blog due to the fact that the Canadian site is totally neglected.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2009 at 1:48 pm said:

Nope, Canadians included. I wanna see a Maple Leaf in this gallery!

+ ImBakinBacon on February 26th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

Sounds good. We just click add photo where the other “cool” photos are right?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

Yup!

Sarcasm noted!

+ Maze13 on February 26th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

Hey i got my copy right now and i got a facebook account,the bad thing is that my camera is broken.:(

+ DuckWC on February 26th, 2009 at 1:46 pm said:

It could be fun, but no Facebook account and I won’t get one!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

I think I\’ve found the only dozen people in the country *not* on Facebook.

Oh, and my mom.

+ Kodros on February 26th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

I’ll snap a picture of the UPS guy dropping off a coffin for my PS3 that broke after 1.5 years. Yes I’m bitter.

+ Demonic_Zhen on February 26th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

Will do PSB!

+ ManaKnight on February 26th, 2009 at 1:48 pm said:

I’m definitely posting my picture after the game tomorrow. ;)

+ jayyy91 on February 26th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

Hey Jeff,

Where’s your picture?

+ EddyxMob on February 26th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

Midnight Launch at Gamestop
lol

hehe

12 am my copy
EST

+ CrystalX3D on February 26th, 2009 at 1:53 pm said:

I would snap a pic, but Amazon tells me I won’t be getting Killzone2 until march 11, AT THE EARLIEST! WTF!? Don’t do any more preorder deals through Amazon, okay? They sux

+ gooch-getta on February 26th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

Seriously, like why hype this game up so so so much. It seems like the blog is nothing but psn games and killzone.

Why not updates on the ps3, and other games out there as well as ps3 news. When will sony stop being lazy and fix socom and actually update the firmware so it can have features xbox has?

+ Maze13 on February 26th, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

You know i think i rather start playing the game right now than take pictures.

+ supersaiyan500 on February 26th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

I have 1 question: Will You guys ONLY Do this for a week? Because I only have 50$ and I will need 10 bucks plus the tax. Please tell me if it ain’t for just next week…

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

Sorry, this event is just for this week. You can still upload the photos later, but I wanted to have a bit of an extra bonus for those who preordered/got the game in the first week. We\’ll do the drawing and contact winners next Friday.

+ Zezzler on February 26th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

KZ2 is a must but for the ps3, i’m just kinda disapointed that there is no Co-op. :(

Hopefully it will come in a patch or DLC or something.

+ E_12 on February 26th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

One of the rare occasions I am happy to live in Germany: I have my copy already since yesterday, and been playing the campaign like mad! Currently I’m on the Train Mission…
Great work in this Game – Gameplay and Graphics are amazing. Looking forward to trying the Online Mode as soon as have finished the Campaign!

+ Delriach on February 26th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

Wish you guys were giving PixelJunk Monsters shirts :(

+ CitizenInsane27 on February 26th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

I perused your set of pictures on there and left some comments. I would totally enter in the contest or whatever, but my PS3 was one of those fancy pants 60GB launch units that unfortunately, did not have the greatest of Blu-Ray drives :( so it cannot play the masterpiece of shootery that is Killzone 2. Maybe I’ll pick it up this spring after I can hopefully afford to get her fixed. Til then, enjoy the game people!

+ Pound_lb003 on February 26th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

No offence, but I am only secretly a geek…

Ahh, who am I kidding, I’ll see if I can post a picture.

By the way, being in the UK, I don’t by ANY means expect a strategy guide, but I’ll join in if I can! NeoGAF already has quitw a few pickup photos.

+ Tr3p1dat10n on February 26th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

So, think many stores will have extra copies? I was unable to preorder but this game is definitely on my WANTWANTWANT list. Good thing I live in a smaller town, I hope.

+ Draicus on February 26th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

I guess I’ll finally have to succumb to peer pressure and sign up for Facebook. -_-

If we snap the pictures after we get home, do they still count? I might send my wife after my copy so I don’t have to wait until after work to pick it up.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 26th, 2009 at 3:29 pm said:

Yes, they all count. We want to capture the joy and anticipation of getting to play KZ2!

+ eghostx80 on February 26th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

as much as i love the idea, im not gonna post in facebook, specially since they changed their TOS…. that was a bad move from them… anyway, can’t wait to pick one up. :)

See you guys online.

+ Thwip on February 26th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

Going out tonight after work to see if I can find some lesser know “mom and pop” type retailer who will sell me a copy tonight…I’ll have a pic’y on FB as soon as I get it.

PS – Jeff; where is the info on that PSP title you tweeted about?

PAGE 1 2 3