Minecraft PS4

Warhawk Command Center Goes Live in PlayStation Home Today!

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Feb 26, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

A couple days ago I visited with Incognito studio director Dylan Jobe (you know him well) about the Warhawk space that launches today in PlayStation Home. Dylan was nice enough to walk us through the Warhawk Command Center, and specifically through the Sand Table where you can lay out strategies for all Warhawk maps. It’s all really slick, and Dylan goes into some great detail about how it all works.

Also, starting today you can purchase Warhawk for $19.99 on the PlayStation Store (that’s $10 off!) for two weeks, ending on March 11. Individual Warhawk Booster packs are dropping down to $4.99, and the Booster Combo (all three individual Booster packs) drops to $9.99. But remember, the special Warhawk pricing ends on March 11, so be quick about it!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Zezzler on February 26th, 2009 at 5:12 am said:

Awesome!! I love that there are so many [soon to be] developers making awsome game spaces and lots of involvement with home! I hope there will some contests like the ninja one for us CANADIANS in the future! Thankz

+ JordanBlack68 on February 26th, 2009 at 5:16 am said:

Good support from developers, i like!

+ salistical on February 26th, 2009 at 5:17 am said:

Sweet price drop!

+ Darkdragon2 on February 26th, 2009 at 5:30 am said:

Nice. Is there any other new thing for Warhawk

+ BigBoss712 on February 26th, 2009 at 5:34 am said:

That looks pretty nice, might go back and play some warhawk.

+ ScribeTheTaru on February 26th, 2009 at 5:35 am said:

Can give us all an official word on whether or not any new expansions or patches are being planned for Warhawk?

+ Jeigh on February 26th, 2009 at 5:36 am said:

THAT is impressive. I don’t really play Warhawk all that much, but I’m definitely going to check out that area anyway. My thanks to the developers. :)

+ Blkant on February 26th, 2009 at 5:38 am said:

Can you tell us what your next work of genius is going to be dylan :)

+ mixedkidbx on February 26th, 2009 at 5:39 am said:

lol it went live a few hours ago :P

+ Blkant on February 26th, 2009 at 5:41 am said:

Also I’d like to point out that Warhawk was one of the first to get a platinum, was the first PSN game with a platinum, was the first game with in-game music, and now its the first with ACTUAL use in home. Kudos Dylan, Kudos :D

+ axeblade07 on February 26th, 2009 at 5:45 am said:

This looks realy cool. Can’t wait to check it out later today. Thanks for the continued support of Warhawk. I have a question for Dylan. It was mentioned back a while ago from one of the R2 developers that there is a new firmware coming up that wil allow multiple PSN logins on a single PS3 for when your playing split screen multiplayer online. Just hoping you guys are going to implement that into Warhawk. I like to play 4 player split screen with friends when they come over. They all have PSN accounts but only one of us can login at a time so we all share the trophies/badges and share the stats/rankings under the one Login. I would love the ability to have each of us login to our own accounts and play split screen. That would be cool.

+ THATAIDE on February 26th, 2009 at 5:46 am said:

So, part of Incognito’s team has still being working on Warhawk (fixes, booster packs, updates, Home related stuff), but what else has Incognito being doing? Any new games coming soon?

Incognito and Insomniac are the kings of PSN, the only games that lasted long like a Halo game on PSN are Warhawk and Resistance!

+ Korbei83 on February 26th, 2009 at 5:50 am said:

ARGH! I just bought Warhawk used for my brother’s birthday LAST WEEK for $20 plus shipping!

DAMYU!

+ drdre74 on February 26th, 2009 at 5:51 am said:

cool beans. Where are the trophy rooms that were shown when this was first shown?

+ echogridlock on February 26th, 2009 at 5:52 am said:

I was one of the first to log in to the new space this morning and it looks nice. Some ideas… Leader Boards, I don’t just want to know whos on top, I would like to know where I rank with my friends. Clan rankings. It would be cool if every one in a given clan combined their scores towords their clan, then see where their clan ranks on the boards. Sand Map. Elevation would be nice. When using a 2d drawing its hard to explain to someone to take a hill or lay mines in a tunnel. Im not saying the maps should be 3d (although it would be cool) but perhaps some little bumps and hills. It would be nice while in the warhawk space to have something to wear that tells others my rank in warhawk. Thank You. I LOVE THIS GAME! More add ons please.

+ Aggie_CEO on February 26th, 2009 at 6:01 am said:

Well this is nice and all but what good will the planning do if ANYONE walking by can see it??

wouldnt it make MORE sense to have a “War Room” attached to your house??? that way only invited people could see it

+ Gringo234 on February 26th, 2009 at 6:03 am said:

Sounds great, and I haven’t bought Warhawk but you know Killzone 2 is coming out today and tomorrow (depends where you live at). Sorry I’ll be too busy with Killzone 2.

+ sravan on February 26th, 2009 at 6:03 am said:

How many inches TV is that? 32″?

+ Daigen on February 26th, 2009 at 6:04 am said:

This looks so slick. I’ve been holding off getting the booster packs, will probably get those today.

Wishlist: Able to install the retail (BluRay) version to harddrive so I can play without the disc. I think I would play Warhawk more if I could just jump into games without disc swapping. I would even pay $5-10 to exchange/upgrade my retail copy for the DLC version!

+ hammerman84 on February 26th, 2009 at 6:06 am said:

I think he should sit a little farther away from the TV, bad for the eyes!

+ Coramoor_ on February 26th, 2009 at 6:09 am said:

very cool , that 10 dollar booster deal is tempting, we’ll see i guess, great job on the room

+ Enforcer_X on February 26th, 2009 at 6:09 am said:

EPIC!
This will rock can’t wait to check it out!

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on February 26th, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

YOU GUYS ROCK AND SET THE BAR HIGH FOR EVERYONE ELSE. Oh Dylan you have set the standard for developers keeping a game going and listening to fans. Thank You for being TRUE!

+ xBerserker on February 26th, 2009 at 6:27 am said:

I’m amazed how your the only ones to really support Home! ::: cough, cough, Killzone 2 ::: Keep up the great work guys!

+ Obi_Al_Kenobi on February 26th, 2009 at 6:30 am said:

I have to ask a question.

If you are on the virtual map with 5 of your friends and you want to launch Warwawk from you PDA.

Is there an option for team up in the actual game with the fiends you was in the virtual map?

+ loadstone007 on February 26th, 2009 at 6:34 am said:

Great update, thanks!
I have two requests though:
1. Please improve Home servers – too many disconnections and problems logging in.
2. More game spaces! Killzone 2, Resistance 2 etc. Keep ‘em coming, with a goal of having a game space at its launch date.

+ transclowing on February 26th, 2009 at 6:36 am said:

about time, now I have a reason to get in PS HOME… see you soon in WH home or the battlefield

Great news Dylan, yeah a beard might be nice, the avatar looks almost like you except for a few ….. you know what I mean… what are you and team working on? I asked you a few months ago if you wanted to join my clan, the offer is still up…

+ mafecto on February 26th, 2009 at 6:36 am said:

Dylan, thank you for creating one of the funnest games I have ever played.

+ Link01 on February 26th, 2009 at 6:36 am said:

Killzone 2 apparently confirmed Home support…. nobody quiet knows what yet though..

But thanks you guys for the great support… wish this came earlier… rather the night that Killzone 2 comes out and right after Street Fighter came out…..

and please… let us know if your expanding Warhawk more or working on something new ;)

+ StalkingSilence on February 26th, 2009 at 6:36 am said:

Wow pricing limbo – how low can you go.
In all seriousness, this game is a PS3 staple if you haven’t purchased it. The demo won’t even do it justice as it’s meant to be played online. You are doing yourself a dis-service if you haven’t given it a chance.

+ transclowing on February 26th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

Crap I wanted to ask, can we have a all combined booster pack game? Sure has been asked before.

+ mafecto on February 26th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

Oh, one more thing. Dylan, are you Ambient Warfare? Just curious…

+ StalkingSilence on February 26th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

Also, Chris/Dylan,
What’s this about a pay-for-membership Warhawk clubhouse that will contain more features including voicechat? Any more detail? [story from Joystiq]

+ lakaiHIGH on February 26th, 2009 at 6:41 am said:

sounds good to me. can’t wait to get in there and see how it is.

thanks,
Lh

+ ketzler on February 26th, 2009 at 6:42 am said:

Good to know there adding More content to Playstation Home. It looks amazing and I can’t wait to jump in!

Now all we need is a Killzone 2 Home Space haha. :)

+ FreakerUK on February 26th, 2009 at 6:42 am said:

Awesome !! is this coming to the Euro home today also ?
kudos on the discount, although i already own everything, i have some friends still on the fence (repeated beatings to the head about how amazing warhawk is doesnt seem to cut it, perhaps the price drop will) Is the price drop a US store offer only ?

+ CURTROCK on February 26th, 2009 at 6:44 am said:

Awesome Dylan……please check out the BEST WARHAWK CLAN SITE EVER !!!!!!!!!

Its a testament to how much we love WARHAWK…Thanks again for making the BEST GAME EVER……(we want more boosters!) wink

+ NEJI64 on February 26th, 2009 at 6:46 am said:

Chris what happen to being able to game launch into a game of Warhawk Home.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on February 26th, 2009 at 8:50 am said:

Jump to about 5:10 in the video, and there\’s your answer.

+ willxcore on February 26th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

Warhawk is probably the best game of this generation. Glad to see the developers working so closely with Sony to incorporate new features. Even if I don’t ever actually use Home anymore. I might have to reinstall it just for this and what might come of it in the future. Even though there already is Warhawk game-launching, I think the game space would be cool to check out at least once or twice. It would also be cool for people to be like “where are the land mines on ____ map?”, someone could point it out on the sand map.

My clan and I sometimes have a hard time getting onto the same server due to Warhawk not updating where a player is in the menu list (whether under buddies or clan members) so game launching might actually prove useful.

+ lbmanuel1 on February 26th, 2009 at 6:58 am said:

warhawk is my favorite online game ever… i am so addicted to this i was so dissapointed when i couldn’t get into the beta so long ago.. i think if i had i would have bought it day 1 but i got in towards december of that year. i don’t regret it, have all the expansions.. this makes me want to play the game even more.. gonna check it out right now… i really hope maybe one day there will be a warhawk 2 or some sort of single player expansion with a campaign… maybe with some co-op… :)

+ eaferrari24 on February 26th, 2009 at 6:58 am said:

that space looks epic!

btw i love how he says “internets”… i gotta start using that word lol

+ nickjd331 on February 26th, 2009 at 7:01 am said:

Absolutely great game, amazing support since launch, now the home space.

I can’t say how impressed I am with Dylan and Incognito. I cannot wait to hear about any other new information on warhawk or your next game.

+ Jssom on February 26th, 2009 at 7:01 am said:

Just wanted to say, you Dylan Jobe and the guys at Incognito are the best developers this gen in terms of supporting their game even after launch for along time ( criterion games with Burnout Paradise come after you ).

Thank you for your awesome work and I’ll be buying the PSN version this week even though I have the retailer version just to support your work.

Jssom from Kuwait

+ TheZed88 on February 26th, 2009 at 7:05 am said:

I’ve been holding off on buying the booster packs for just such a price drop! Time to smash and grap.

+ Mobius_124 on February 26th, 2009 at 7:21 am said:

Warwawk is awesome, cant wait to see the new Homespace. but I do have a few questions though:

will we ever see splitscreen multiple login for warhawk in the future so my friends can keep their stats on the PSN? cause that would be awesome! I heard Insomniac is doing it for Resistance 2 soon…

+ Rommel on February 26th, 2009 at 7:24 am said:

Thank you DYLAN and Thank you SONY for making Warhawk the BEST GAME EVER!

Thank you for the support you give to the game, and thank you for the expansions and servers.

However, I hope you read this message because there have been some server-side issues with Warhawks, mainly Network Errors and Freezes. If the Sony team is finished with HOME, could you please fix them?

Thanks again for the fantastic game! I plan on playing it for at least 2 more years.

+ CPU1 on February 26th, 2009 at 7:28 am said:

Great Update
But is that link for Incognito right?

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on February 26th, 2009 at 8:59 am said:

You are definitely correct. It\’s updated now.

+ Vinnie_FIN on February 26th, 2009 at 7:31 am said:

Why European Home-users don’t have Warhawk-space at all?
We will get it only after our Store updated?

Save the day and tell the only good news for Warhawk-space and when updates coming in Europe.

P.S
Pardon my bad English. :)

+ bigblack404 on February 26th, 2009 at 7:34 am said:

Even though I don’t play Warhawk at all anymore, I might have to get back into it. The pricing on those booster packs is very tempting to me. 10 bucks is a steal. That and MGS4 for 30 bucks in March are both steals. I will buy a 20 dollar PSN card first since it’s for a limited time only. Thank you Incog, I’m getting back into Warhawk now.

+ Rommel on February 26th, 2009 at 7:36 am said:

BY THE WAY, where is our hint/code Dylan!?

PAGE 1 2 3