PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Killzone 2 out today! Guerrilla Games thanks you.

Hermen Hulst's Avatar + Posted by Hermen Hulst on Feb 27, 2009 // Managing Director, Guerrilla Games

Hey Everyone,

Here at Guerrilla headquarters we have been eagerly anticipating the launch of the Killzone 2. Today is that day. It is a fantastic occasion where we finally put the game in the hands of the people who have been so very supportive and vocal about the game all this time. Thank you for your support! We really hope you will enjoy your time with the game and are looking forward to joining you in online matches. If you see anyone with a ‘GG’ in front of their names, go easy. It’s us.

Hermen Hulst
Managing Director Guerrilla

Killzone2-Packfront

253 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ ccruz1989 on February 28th, 2009 at 1:56 am said:

I pre-ordered but it still isn’t here yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guerrilla let me borrow your copy!

+ DarkNinja81 on February 28th, 2009 at 2:02 am said:

Thank you for putting out a great game. This is certainly on the top of my most favorite game.

+ Onna76_NL on February 28th, 2009 at 2:04 am said:

Gefeliciteerd! Ondanks het feit dat ik het spel zelf niet koop, ben niet zo’n fan van FPS, ben ik ongeloofelijk trots dat een team uit Nederland zo’n titel kan neerknallen ;)

Het is jullie gegund!

This was written in Dutch :-)

+ Barnolde on February 28th, 2009 at 2:26 am said:

No, thank you. This game is the reason for that 52″ 1080p display.

+ gordonguy on February 28th, 2009 at 2:51 am said:

i got out of school today at 2, i immediately went to gamestop to pick this up. got home it was like 230. and i just stopped playing right now. I completed the campaign (WHICH WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and then i did multiplayer for a while. still getting used to the feel of it online though. Anyways thank you sooooooooooo much Guerilla for delivering on this. I have been waiting for this day for 5 years and it was worth it. This is definitely a game of the year contender if not winner. Once again thanx!!!!!! Cant wait for Killzone 3!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

+ leuch19 on February 28th, 2009 at 2:59 am said:

my killzone trophies are not working i beat all the campaign levels but my survivor trophy does not activate great game though!

+ Flanders on February 28th, 2009 at 3:38 am said:

Congrats!

This game shoulda been released last fall instead of Resistance 2, which seriously needed a lot more polishing.

Anyways, I’ll defintately pick this one up sooner or later.

+ Darkos87 on February 28th, 2009 at 4:02 am said:

btw sony sucks so hard at marketing, it’s unbelievable.

+ Neil_young2k5 on February 28th, 2009 at 5:36 am said:

Even living in Bracil with no support from sony and no prospect for an official release I can do to pre-order the game. I will receive in 11 days and paying US$ 105 in the game believe worth it.

I only hope that sony see the difficult to buy the game in Brasil and before criticizing the piracy in the country can at least provide their products for the brasileiros.

+ Yardragon on February 28th, 2009 at 5:37 am said:

Really good game, but yet it is over hyped like most.
The enemy AI is some of the best ever experienced.
The friend AI is the worst ever experienced.
MP looks to be one of the tops out at present.

See up to 1/2 year staying power…

+ Neil_young2k5 on February 28th, 2009 at 5:40 am said:

typing error

Bracil = Brasil

And sorry for my English.

+ KBV1 on February 28th, 2009 at 5:58 am said:

Thank you.. for such an awesome game! I’m lovin’ it!

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on February 28th, 2009 at 6:07 am said:

been playing it constantly since it arrived yesterday, simply is the best FPS of all time! :D thankyou!

+ DKORDEN on February 28th, 2009 at 6:29 am said:

the game is amazing… i played it for 6 hrs and i have already ended the single player mode… played online last night and it blew me away… I M WRECKIN EVERYBODY’s LIFE XD

+ HotnSpys on February 28th, 2009 at 6:34 am said:

this game is amazing!!!
picked it up the first day !but i want splitscreen and coop!!!!!!!!!!!its the biggest thing failing

+ ShadowKingpin on February 28th, 2009 at 7:15 am said:

OMG YES!

+ MaceWisdom on February 28th, 2009 at 8:05 am said:

Congradulations! This game is intense!

+ StonTemplePilot on February 28th, 2009 at 8:40 am said:

Killzone2 > Halo… this is just one of the reasons i am die hard PS3 thanks for such an artwork piece!

+ UniBallOut on February 28th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

Um…why is there no party system? My friends and I can’t play a game together since it is either:
1. Impossible to all join the same game since we all can’t join at the same time and have to collaborate via phone after one or two guys get in, but the third is SOL when the room is filled.
2. Impossible to all be on the same team due to the Autobalance setting.
3. When we do all get to be on the same game and team, the games become unbalanced since everyone will just pick one side. I’ve been on numerous games where it’s 10 on 2, 12 on 4, etc.

Please fix this!!!

+ bob52 on February 28th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

congrats GG :)

+ maxwecomeinpeace on February 28th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

When I was out earlier this evening for a short run I saw the tail lights from a car at the end of the street. I wanted to shoot it. KZ2 is getting to me.

+ timalan42 on February 28th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

Great Game Guerrilla!
I thank you for your hard work and dedication and even though I’m through 2 levels, it is already worth EVERY PENNY (and i would have paid more for it.) haha thanks again

+ MakasuUS on February 28th, 2009 at 11:55 am said:

LOL @ 219… cant wait to get my hands on it.

+ syk1288 on February 28th, 2009 at 11:57 am said:

I’m sorry, I really love the game it’s the best shooter out, but there’s one thing you guy really need to fix.

I don’t understand why shooters come out and they all do the samething.

All shooters come out and forget that Halo 3 has the best party system in history of games, but yet no one realizes that people like the way of online gaming.

Halo is still running with gamebattles today because of it’s great party experience.

Their matchmaking system is outstanding.

I just wish someone would atleast copy off them.

I bet people would be more satisfied.

The only game that came close to Halo 3′s online system is Call of Duty.

I know you guys can do a patch to surpass these games, I know it.

Just please atleast come up to par with bungie’s online system.

Also I’m not a 360 fan, I sold mine about 2 years ago.

So I’m just saying this because it’s the truth.

+ Gafferman on February 28th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Wow. Just finished the game, and it has definitely been one of my better gaming experiences of late. But the game needs more Electricity Gun!

+ Riokogen on February 28th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

I’m having an issue with saving my progress. The auto save works its just an error called 80030001 shows up which prevents the save file from actually working. Also, when I die, the game freezes at a white screen with the auto saving symbol at the top right. Can anyone help me with this or is this something most people are experiencing.

+ TERMINATORvsMTRX on February 28th, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

hell yeah!!! GO KILLZONE!!!

+ casanova122784 on February 28th, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

this game is the shyt eventho theres no co-op still a great game

+ dinkin-flicka on February 28th, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

Awesome game Guerilla! Keep up the great work! Thank you for giving us such an excellent game.

+ Zhi13 on February 28th, 2009 at 6:44 pm said:

Awesome Game!
Enjoying it every bit!
Thank you!

+ Sum1_BetterZenU on February 28th, 2009 at 9:00 pm said:

F’ing blows!!!!! thought it would rival halo 3 or cod4….it’s not even as good as cabela’s big game hunter(i hate hunting games). Maybe with 5 years you could have gotten a few things right? Hopfully you can patch the heck out of it and then it will be worth a look in the bargin bin. Very unimpressed…..can’t wait for modern warfare 2

+ midnightshade on February 28th, 2009 at 9:24 pm said:

Oh please #229, the game rocks, what are you some xbot trolling? Seriously The game straight out rocks!! I love the feel of the weapons, the multiplayer is intense, the singleplayer is epic and fun!! I love the look, the thumpy sound, the control, the wicked sick AI – thats actually challenging without being frustrating, the features, custom sound tracks ftw…great jammin to some old school metal while online. The multiplayer has the same sick graphics as the singleplayer…it’s such a good game. The only thing is it’s got the xbots hating and trolling everywhere…

+ Vash3Gun on February 28th, 2009 at 9:43 pm said:

OMG!!! I’m in love…..
best Graphics, Best System, Best team….
You Guys Rock can’t wait to see what you make next… Maybe KIllzone 3? ^_^

+ stuna1 on February 28th, 2009 at 9:46 pm said:

Just wanted to say excellent game all around GG, and Sony and this for comment 229, I say the post number because your name’s not worth mentioning, get a life or maybe you can borrow mine. Seems like your upset with the wrong crowd, go home and nurse your xbox back to health because I’m sure it’s deathly ill after this.

+ Metaldriver3 on February 28th, 2009 at 9:56 pm said:

#230 and #232, you guys are absolutely right the only peaple talking trash on this blog are x-bots,why couse there tired of there “HALO’S” and there aging “GEARS” i mean this game is a masterpice,the graffics are second only to “METAL GEAR SOLID-4″ in my opinion,try playing this game online and u’ll actualy need some skill to compete against others,point is “KILLZONE” ROCKS halo sucks,call of duty is ok.

+ Metaldriver3 on February 28th, 2009 at 10:14 pm said:

In my haste i kinda misspelled some words which are the following-(people)- (masterpiece)-(graphics)-that is all,thank you.

+ eRic0095 on March 1st, 2009 at 1:36 am said:

frikin insane game. didnt disappoint, excellent graphics and gameplay. cinematics were insane. At least 30 “OMG DID U SEE THAT!!!” moments. 10/10

+ speedy463 on March 1st, 2009 at 4:34 am said:

Just wanted to say thank you GG for bringing me this a.w.s.o.m.e game onto my PS3. Its taken my time away from my PC and its actually a really good thing!

+ jorge_giorgi on March 1st, 2009 at 4:44 am said:

awesome game…

+ SpecialKiller911 on March 1st, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

i love this game… but the camera control is hard when u try close quarter combat..

+ Confucius89 on March 1st, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

Great game, online can get a little unbalanced when all the high ranking players are on one side, but I love the fact that there is no lag and I’ve been disconnected from a multiplayer game yet.
I’m playing through the single player on veteran, and it is extremely intense.
Thank u GG and sony for such an awesome game.

+ Torment74 on March 1st, 2009 at 9:58 am said:

Hmmmm, im still playing through Killzone 2 and Im loving it but best FPS ever??? Not even close. If I had to point out some negatives it would be a real lack of variety in the enviroments, enemiy types and all the weapons kinda feel the same. Dont get me wrong its a great game and i can understand why people are excited as its a FPS for the PS3 only. Id give it a solid 7 so far.

+ joebenclark on March 1st, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

Your Welcome.

+ mindstorm07 on March 1st, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

OMG!!! This game is fantastic honestly havent been able to put it down yet!!

+ Erdie on March 1st, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

I’m still getting used to the controls (I’m still used to R2′s!) but it’s great! Thanks, guys!

+ CUTSC3N3 on March 1st, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

best FPS to date. i am sol glad to be able to play this game.

+ LUGOVES on March 2nd, 2009 at 6:34 am said:

Awesome Game! Since its a little early to complain, please don’t consider this as such, but the Killzone.com site is frequently bogged down by the plethora of people trying to utilize it. As one of the few titles that integrates the API into a 3rd party website and a very robust stat tracking/tournament template I really think that Guerrilla should follow up on what is being done to support the site overall and perhaps make it available here on the blog. I’ll of course follow on twitter/forums/FB but I think the success of these methods will set the standard of online MP FPS tournament/clan integration. Getting the info out to the most people quickly might dissuade frustration. Thanks.

+ wyldekat on March 2nd, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

this was the greatest day ever!!!!!!!!!

+ country_boy1 on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

KillZone2 realy sucks ass if they could make more games like CALL OF DUTY 4 MODERN WAREFARE that would be better Ihate being on teams if it was simpeler to find a game online and not have teams i might like it better, but nothing beats callofduty4

+ stuna1 on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

@ country_boy1, hillbilly jim, whatever you go by these days. First learn how to spell, because from what just read you’re not even on a 3rd grade level. Second when you start making a better game or, any game for that matter then someone might want to hear what you have to say. So why don’t you go bale some hay and, when you’re done ride off into the sunset on your tractor, YEE HAW!!!!!

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6