PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PATAPON 2: It’s Pata-Pata-Pata-ON!!!!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar + Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Feb 27, 2009 // Producer

Dear peoples of the PlayStation Blog, RSS subscribers, Twitterers and beyond –

It brings me great pleasure to inform you that yesterday marked the anniversary of a very special day in Patapon history…P-DAY.

It was a year ago (plus one day) that millions of spear-wielding, music-loving, monster-fighting, stew-making, desert-crossing, drum-beating Eyeballs invaded homes across America with their hypnotic mind-altering songs. It was on that day that the skies darkened with spears and arrows; it was this day that Zigoton blood saturated the earth. Many Patapon’s fell during the great battle for Earthend… and those who survived… well you know how the story ends.

So to honor this great and momentous holiday, this Day of days, we here at SCEA feel that its only fair to officially announce that the tribal drums of war have started to beat once again… the dark hour of dance-battle is upon us…

Patapon 2 is in the horizon! Oh-Yeah!

The team has worked hard to create a sequel worthy for all the Pata-Fans out there. We doubled the missions you play, amped up the number of bosses, added more Patapon troops, and revamped the Patapon evolution system to Darwinian levels.

Oh, and we added Multiplayer. WOO-HOO!!!

I know you all must have millions of questions, so know this: in the coming weeks we will be posting more Patapon 2 features, screenshots and gameplay videos and other sweet Pata-news right here on this Pata-channel. Fun news like…

PATAPONS ARE INVADING LITTLEBIGPLANET!

Patapons

So get excited and mark your calendars! No longer will you have to resort to Kittens to pass the time cause we got more great things to come as we all march to launch!

PAGE 1 2

+ Thrasher20 on February 27th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

Costumes look cute :)

+ aluraune on February 27th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

What a great trailer: dramatic and suspenseful with the cute little voices. The blog post pretty much sums up the first game, and it looks like we have much more to look forward to. “Hypnotic mind-altering songs” indeed.

+ easyaspie00 on February 27th, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

Ahaha, I’m definitely getting those Patapon SackBoy costumes.

I’m not going to watch the trailer, as I am yet to get the first one and I don’t want to know anything about the second till I finish the first.

But Patapon will probably be the first game I get when I buy my PSP, which should be soon.

Hooray for 2D Games!!!! :D

+ lakaiHIGH on February 27th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

i can only hope that when LBP drops for the PSP this fall that it will be supported with the same kind of dlc that its bigger brother has been getting…

peace,
Lh

+ MiiAmigo on February 27th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

Oh yes… I’m also hoping for Mm to put out a Patapon Pack for LBP. Similiar to the Metal Gear Pack please.

+ Midgetguy on February 27th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

COOL! I especially like the LBP costumes!!!! lol They’re cool!

+ Korlithiel on February 27th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

So still no pause button as I’ve heard, such a shame since the game has so much potential to make for an amazing portable game only to be forced to play at home.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 27th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

I just suspend my PSP if I really need to stop my game. I lose my Fever, but I get a bathroom break. :)

+ Berae on February 27th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Patapon 2 will be amazing!! the first was great!

+ NativeCain on February 27th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

lolx..that trailer gave me chills.
Can’t wait..

+ MakaiOokami on February 27th, 2009 at 3:31 pm said:

2 requests…

1. A Patapon PSN title. You know online matches, low price tag, trophies, that sort of stuff.

2. Patapon 2 on PSN. I’d rather have the digital copies of the PSP titles. Makes it easier to play on the go if you don’t have to swap or cary other UMDs

+ Vengeful-Chaos on February 27th, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

great i love all things patapon!1!

+ Big_Hawk97 on February 27th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

Just Awesome!

+ Chaos_Bladez on February 27th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

Damn! Why did all of this have to happen when my PSP breaks! :(

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on February 27th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Yeehaw! I can’t wait for May 5th now. I absolutely loved Patapon 1. The music is stuck in my head forever until the magical gnomes under my bed figure out a way to steal it while I sleep :P

Really looking forward to the updates coming in the next few weeks.

+ acertainkid on February 27th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

Patapon was my all time favorite psp game. Spent about 90 hours on it. Will it be priced $20 like the first one.

+ Lerkero on February 27th, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

I demand a demo (even though I will probly buy anyways).

+ Jackal888 on February 27th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

Pataponderous that you tease us with Patapon2 and give us a date that is so far away. I am going to play the original all over again. I wish to complete the journey to Earthend.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 27th, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

that is why it is called a \”tease\” trailer my friend. :)

You shall continue you journey to Earthend soon enough! More info to come!

+ poisonedsodapop on February 27th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

Those multiplayer links tricked me lol.

+ TRIX_BOL on February 27th, 2009 at 6:46 pm said:

When are we expecting to get this awesome PATAPON Sackboy in the PlayStation Store?

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 27th, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

Be on the look out for the weekly Sack-it-to-Me posts on the blog. Details to come!

+ gold5225 on February 27th, 2009 at 8:57 pm said:

So You are confirming a Patapon Sackboy For the PSP version of Little Big planet like the Buzz Sackboy for the PSP Little Big planet?

+ gold5225 on February 27th, 2009 at 9:00 pm said:

Because clearly when you look at this sackboy compared to other sackboy’s you can tell it is modeled differently and for a PSP version of the game which would make sense seeing as Patapon is a PSP game.

+ jncasanova on February 27th, 2009 at 10:05 pm said:

I want to purchase Patapon and Patapon 2 from the playstation store!!!

+ blindrocket on February 27th, 2009 at 11:06 pm said:

We need a 720p Patapon game for the PS3! Put it on the Playstation Store for some easy money. :)

+ JPMCH on February 28th, 2009 at 5:23 am said:

Chris

We will see a Patapon version for the Ps3?

+ EvoAnubis on February 28th, 2009 at 7:55 am said:

PATAPON KICKS ASS!

Yes! I seriously can’t wait for this game . . . and I want it on PSN too. Damn a disk; I want to be able to play Patapon 2 no matter what UMD is in the drive.

+ PullusPardusUS on February 28th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

Can you attack with that sword ? >.>
that would make more cool levels xD

+ animepanda on March 1st, 2009 at 1:05 am said:

DON DON DON DON DON!!!

heck yes! can’t wait~ ^___^

+ coyo19 on March 6th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

Patapon invading Little Big Planet….
Hmm….

Make a Patapon avatar.

Can’t wait for the game

+ jeuxclic on March 11th, 2009 at 5:42 am said:

You could play it for free (flash game) : http://www.jeuxclic.com/jeux.php?id=14073

+ coyo19 on March 11th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

What do you think

+ nickster268 on March 22nd, 2009 at 8:47 am said:

I plan to ask my Japanese cousin to get me the japanese version because
1. I can read japanese