Feb 27

PATAPON 2: It’s Pata-Pata-Pata-ON!!!!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Feb 27, 2009 // Producer

Dear peoples of the PlayStation Blog, RSS subscribers, Twitterers and beyond –

It brings me great pleasure to inform you that yesterday marked the anniversary of a very special day in Patapon history…P-DAY.

It was a year ago (plus one day) that millions of spear-wielding, music-loving, monster-fighting, stew-making, desert-crossing, drum-beating Eyeballs invaded homes across America with their hypnotic mind-altering songs. It was on that day that the skies darkened with spears and arrows; it was this day that Zigoton blood saturated the earth. Many Patapon’s fell during the great battle for Earthend… and those who survived… well you know how the story ends.

So to honor this great and momentous holiday, this Day of days, we here at SCEA feel that its only fair to officially announce that the tribal drums of war have started to beat once again… the dark hour of dance-battle is upon us…

Patapon 2 is in the horizon! Oh-Yeah!

The team has worked hard to create a sequel worthy for all the Pata-Fans out there. We doubled the missions you play, amped up the number of bosses, added more Patapon troops, and revamped the Patapon evolution system to Darwinian levels.

Oh, and we added Multiplayer. WOO-HOO!!!

I know you all must have millions of questions, so know this: in the coming weeks we will be posting more Patapon 2 features, screenshots and gameplay videos and other sweet Pata-news right here on this Pata-channel. Fun news like…

So get excited and mark your calendars! No longer will you have to resort to Kittens to pass the time cause we got more great things to come as we all march to launch!

PAGE 1 2

+ depward on February 27th, 2009 at 10:01 am said:

@ #2 –

I’m guessing you didn’t watch the video…

+ Letters2Kay on February 27th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

Awesome! I regrettably couldn’t get into Patapon, but LittleBigPlanet costumes are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck with your launch! I hope it’s another PSP success story- and at $20, how could it not be? :)

+ Schitthammer on February 27th, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Love it!

Please, see if we can get an HD Patapon game made for PSN. I want those drum beats to shake the hell out of the home theatre!

+ GoldenGotGame on February 27th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

Nice! I still need to finish the first Patapon, but I’m definitely looking forward to part 2. And the Patapon Sacks are sick. Already bought.

+ freemantim on February 27th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Can’t wait for the Sackboy costumes!

+ DrBingogh on February 27th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Need to finish the 1st one but I love the PSP support I’m seeing.

+ CrystalX3D on February 27th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Is the multiplayer going to be online or just ad hoc?
Also, what’s the price going to be?

+ KatanaStrikes on February 27th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Really cool thanks.

BTW what’s the update with more PSN Avatars please?

It can’t be that hard can it?

Can we have Patapon ones? More Killzone, some Sackboys? Or just any will do at this point.

Seriously, what’s the hold up guys?

+ UNCyrus on February 27th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

The sackboy is amazing… I may have to break down and purchase him

+ Gumbydunzeeto on February 27th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

I enjoyed the first one, I am buying this one.

*Thank you* for putting this on a disc, the way it should be.

+ usjvc on February 27th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

Could you please release on the PSN a pack regrouping Patapon + Patapon2, at a reduced price of course. I keep hearing about patapon, but i still have not got a PSP. I might eventually get one..i’ll see.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 27th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

any friends that have a PSP? Ask them to download the Patapon 1 demo so you can see what the fuss is about. :)

+ t-p-m2 on February 27th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Day 1 purchase for sure! I totally loved the first one. I also agreed that I’d love to see a PS3 version.

Are we going to have the same songs to move/attack/etc. as the first or are they going to be tottaly new?

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on February 27th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

Yes, the classic commands will follow the same patter… and we\’ve thrown in a couple of new ones in there to mix it up a bit.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on February 27th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

please, make that sackboy free

+ ketzler on February 27th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

Looks pretty cool … though I have no clue what it is about or how the story goes.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 27th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

Here\’s a quick synopsis-

An oppressed tribe calls on their legendary god, \”the Mighty One\”, (that would be you)to help them defeat their enemies and lead them to the promised land of their ancestors, Earthend. You sign an oath to protect them and lead them by using the beat of your war drums to command their actions.

Patapon One followed their rise from a knocked-around tribe, to a powerful army. Patapon 2 will continue the tribes journey to the promised land.

Hope that helps!

+ lowhonor on February 27th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

thats one intense patapon trailer

+ Ftwrthtx on February 27th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

Loved the first one. Can’t wait til 5-5-09!

Now, back to Killzone 2!

+ Swedgen on February 27th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

I’m just here to echo the wants for a PSN Patapon title.

+ december_32nd on February 27th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

+ madtyger on February 27th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Woohoo! I love Patapon so I’m very excited about the sequel and the LBP DLC.

+ jqtaxpayer on February 27th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

This will make the missus very, very happy.

And yes, a PSN Patapon would be fantastic… or even a retail PS3 Patapon. And no, I’m not going to buy another PSP to play the old one on my TV — nice try, Chris! ;-)

+ Mobius_124 on February 27th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

Patapon= A Mans Game LOL

+ banok on February 27th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

will there be a PsP bundled with the game because mine broke, it would be nice to have like the japanese version

@ 11 i’m pretty sure your patapon army from the previous game is transferable

+ evildude683 on February 27th, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

Oh man, I’ve been waiting for this game for the longest time, is the one last games I need to complete my very small game collection…

Great game they should really consider making a PS3 version that runs on glorious 1080p and 5.1 ;)

+ guitain on February 27th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

I want a PSP again! =(

Multiplayer = YAY!

Patapon in PSP is going to be my favourite costume EVARRR!

+ guitain on February 27th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

Sorry… Patapon in LBP =P

Damn you, missing edit button!!!

+ Vex_Doppel on February 27th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

YES!! I love patapon. I love Little Big Planet. So do we get the costumes if we get the game or do you just purchase the costumes?
I want another MGS type download for LPB.
I don’t know if I can do this but here’s a link to my Flash. Some PSP and PS3 shout-outs for LBP and Patapon.

+ Rhez on February 27th, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

I loved the first Patapon, can’t wait to play Patapon 2. Still I would like to see a Patapon prequel. The ancient history in the intro movie sounded really interesting. And yes like many here I think it would be neat to have a PS3 Patapon. But I’ll be happy to have a little Patapon on LBP.

Earthend or Bust!

+ leetfoo on February 27th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

Yay, Yay, Yipee, Yay
Yay, Yay, Yipee, Yay
Yay, Yipee, Yipee, Yipee
Clap, Clap, Clap, Yipee

+ Kxpuc on February 27th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Sacka Sacka Sackapon

+ FoolKiller79 on February 27th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

Sweet! I love Patapon and have been looking forward to this. Giving me LBP sackboys to boot? Very nice.

Now, where can I get Patapon swag? A shirt or cap with the artistic designs would be pretty sweet.

I have one problem: Patapon 2 means new fights with the wife as I put on headphones and play in seclusion so that the noises of the house would not throw off my beat and ruin my FEVER!!!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on February 27th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

Or you could just give her a late Valentine\’s Day gift (ie. her own PSP and her own copy of Patapon2). MULTIPLAYER!!!

+ nokedimyo on February 27th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said: