PS4-Infamous

PATAPON 2: It’s Pata-Pata-Pata-ON!!!!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar + Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Feb 27, 2009 // Producer

Dear peoples of the PlayStation Blog, RSS subscribers, Twitterers and beyond –

It brings me great pleasure to inform you that yesterday marked the anniversary of a very special day in Patapon history…P-DAY.

It was a year ago (plus one day) that millions of spear-wielding, music-loving, monster-fighting, stew-making, desert-crossing, drum-beating Eyeballs invaded homes across America with their hypnotic mind-altering songs. It was on that day that the skies darkened with spears and arrows; it was this day that Zigoton blood saturated the earth. Many Patapon’s fell during the great battle for Earthend… and those who survived… well you know how the story ends.

So to honor this great and momentous holiday, this Day of days, we here at SCEA feel that its only fair to officially announce that the tribal drums of war have started to beat once again… the dark hour of dance-battle is upon us…

Patapon 2 is in the horizon! Oh-Yeah!

The team has worked hard to create a sequel worthy for all the Pata-Fans out there. We doubled the missions you play, amped up the number of bosses, added more Patapon troops, and revamped the Patapon evolution system to Darwinian levels.

Oh, and we added Multiplayer. WOO-HOO!!!

I know you all must have millions of questions, so know this: in the coming weeks we will be posting more Patapon 2 features, screenshots and gameplay videos and other sweet Pata-news right here on this Pata-channel. Fun news like…

PATAPONS ARE INVADING LITTLEBIGPLANET!

Patapons

So get excited and mark your calendars! No longer will you have to resort to Kittens to pass the time cause we got more great things to come as we all march to launch!

PAGE 1 2

+ haran_elessar on February 27th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

Very nice post…the link for multiplayer is a timeless classic…it always delivers.

The games looks great, the idea of multiplayer sounds very nice. I’m looking forward to this game. More people need to play this.

when will we have our Patapon toys? I mean LBP costumes are surely nice but real toys…that would rock.

+ haran_elessar on February 27th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

I’m trying to follow your advice and mark my calendar…but it’s pretty hard considering you didn’t give us a date. Where should I start marking? I don’t want to waste my pen…

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 27th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

Watch the Trailer! :)

Patapon 2 hits stores May 5th, 2009!

There- no pen wasting!

+ Carnivius_Prime on February 27th, 2009 at 9:42 am said:

Can’t say I enjoyed playing Patapon that much but it was interesting. Certainly I’d want the costume for Sackboy though.

+ haran_elessar on February 27th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

ooops sorry…didn’t watch the video…I’m at class right…shouldn’t be here actually…

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 27th, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

lol…sorry, Chris should have just put it on the post.

+ Enforcer_X on February 27th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

YES PATAPON LBP and PATAPON 2!
Is there a way I can have Sony setup an automatic payroll deduction from my paycheck for all this INCREDIBLE CONTENT?

+ TwinDad on February 27th, 2009 at 9:47 am said:

Yessssssssssssssssssssss. Patapons are invading LBP. I do like the cross game costumes in LBP.

+ KingSmashy on February 27th, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

Costume is epic. Loved the 1st game. Day-1 buy for this one.

+ Zookey on February 27th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

LOL AWESOME! I love the Sackboy :-)

+ depward on February 27th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

Great! I really enjoyed Patapon 1 so I’m looking forward to this..

+ Gorvi on February 27th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

Awesome, the first game was quite enjoyable. Any chance that we’ll get the Ad Hoc Party for PS3 that’s out in Japan to allow multiplayer tunneling for the game?

+ kasumakuma on February 27th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

@ 2 If you watch the embedded video it says that Patapon 2 is out 5/5/09.

I have a question though, will the army that we worked so hard on making in the previous game be transferable or are we going to have to rebuild?

+ mywhitenoise on February 27th, 2009 at 10:00 am said:

Chris,
Sorry for being off topic, but are you going to add trophies to Hot Shots Golf?

+ depward on February 27th, 2009 at 10:01 am said:

@ #2 -

I’m guessing you didn’t watch the video…

5-5-09

+ Letters2Kay on February 27th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

Awesome! I regrettably couldn’t get into Patapon, but LittleBigPlanet costumes are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck with your launch! I hope it’s another PSP success story- and at $20, how could it not be? :)

+ Schitthammer on February 27th, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Love it!

Please, see if we can get an HD Patapon game made for PSN. I want those drum beats to shake the hell out of the home theatre!

+ GoldenGotGame on February 27th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

Nice! I still need to finish the first Patapon, but I’m definitely looking forward to part 2. And the Patapon Sacks are sick. Already bought.

+ freemantim on February 27th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Can’t wait for the Sackboy costumes!

+ DrBingogh on February 27th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Need to finish the 1st one but I love the PSP support I’m seeing.

+ CrystalX3D on February 27th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Is the multiplayer going to be online or just ad hoc?
Also, what’s the price going to be?

+ KatanaStrikes on February 27th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Really cool thanks.

BTW what’s the update with more PSN Avatars please?

It can’t be that hard can it?

Can we have Patapon ones? More Killzone, some Sackboys? Or just any will do at this point.

*sigh*

Seriously, what’s the hold up guys?

+ UNCyrus on February 27th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

The sackboy is amazing… I may have to break down and purchase him

+ Gumbydunzeeto on February 27th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

I enjoyed the first one, I am buying this one.

*Thank you* for putting this on a disc, the way it should be.

+ usjvc on February 27th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

Could you please release on the PSN a pack regrouping Patapon + Patapon2, at a reduced price of course. I keep hearing about patapon, but i still have not got a PSP. I might eventually get one..i’ll see.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 27th, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

any friends that have a PSP? Ask them to download the Patapon 1 demo so you can see what the fuss is about. :)

+ t-p-m2 on February 27th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Day 1 purchase for sure! I totally loved the first one. I also agreed that I’d love to see a PS3 version.

Are we going to have the same songs to move/attack/etc. as the first or are they going to be tottaly new?

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on February 27th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

Yes, the classic commands will follow the same patter… and we\’ve thrown in a couple of new ones in there to mix it up a bit.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on February 27th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

please, make that sackboy free

+ ketzler on February 27th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

Looks pretty cool … though I have no clue what it is about or how the story goes.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 27th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

Here\’s a quick synopsis-

An oppressed tribe calls on their legendary god, \”the Mighty One\”, (that would be you)to help them defeat their enemies and lead them to the promised land of their ancestors, Earthend. You sign an oath to protect them and lead them by using the beat of your war drums to command their actions.

Patapon One followed their rise from a knocked-around tribe, to a powerful army. Patapon 2 will continue the tribes journey to the promised land.

Hope that helps!

+ lowhonor on February 27th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

thats one intense patapon trailer

+ Ftwrthtx on February 27th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

Loved the first one. Can’t wait til 5-5-09!

Now, back to Killzone 2!

+ Swedgen on February 27th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

I’m just here to echo the wants for a PSN Patapon title.

+ december_32nd on February 27th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

FEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVAAAAAAAAA!

+ madtyger on February 27th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Woohoo! I love Patapon so I’m very excited about the sequel and the LBP DLC.

+ jqtaxpayer on February 27th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

This will make the missus very, very happy.

And yes, a PSN Patapon would be fantastic… or even a retail PS3 Patapon. And no, I’m not going to buy another PSP to play the old one on my TV — nice try, Chris! ;-)

+ Mobius_124 on February 27th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

Patapon= A Mans Game LOL

+ banok on February 27th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

will there be a PsP bundled with the game because mine broke, it would be nice to have like the japanese version

@ 11 i’m pretty sure your patapon army from the previous game is transferable

+ evildude683 on February 27th, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

Oh man, I’ve been waiting for this game for the longest time, is the one last games I need to complete my very small game collection…

Great game they should really consider making a PS3 version that runs on glorious 1080p and 5.1 ;)

+ guitain on February 27th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

I want a PSP again! =(

Multiplayer = YAY!

Patapon in PSP is going to be my favourite costume EVARRR!

+ guitain on February 27th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

Sorry… Patapon in LBP =P

Damn you, missing edit button!!!

+ Vex_Doppel on February 27th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

YES!! I love patapon. I love Little Big Planet. So do we get the costumes if we get the game or do you just purchase the costumes?
I want another MGS type download for LPB.
I don’t know if I can do this but here’s a link to my Flash. Some PSP and PS3 shout-outs for LBP and Patapon.

+ Rhez on February 27th, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

I loved the first Patapon, can’t wait to play Patapon 2. Still I would like to see a Patapon prequel. The ancient history in the intro movie sounded really interesting. And yes like many here I think it would be neat to have a PS3 Patapon. But I’ll be happy to have a little Patapon on LBP.

Earthend or Bust!

+ leetfoo on February 27th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

Yay, Yay, Yipee, Yay
Yay, Yay, Yipee, Yay
Yay, Yipee, Yipee, Yipee
Clap, Clap, Clap, Yipee

-Foo

+ Kxpuc on February 27th, 2009 at 12:11 pm said:

Sacka Sacka Sackapon

+ FoolKiller79 on February 27th, 2009 at 12:15 pm said:

Sweet! I love Patapon and have been looking forward to this. Giving me LBP sackboys to boot? Very nice.

Now, where can I get Patapon swag? A shirt or cap with the artistic designs would be pretty sweet.

I have one problem: Patapon 2 means new fights with the wife as I put on headphones and play in seclusion so that the noises of the house would not throw off my beat and ruin my FEVER!!!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on February 27th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

Or you could just give her a late Valentine\’s Day gift (ie. her own PSP and her own copy of Patapon2). MULTIPLAYER!!!

+ nokedimyo on February 27th, 2009 at 12:24 pm said:

Pata Pata Pata Pon!

+ Doctor_Z_ on February 27th, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

Cool, looking forward tho this game. $20 right?

Also the PSP needs a bit more love, but those other PS3 games incoming to the PSP should make this year a good one.

+ Agriel on February 27th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

omg those are the coolest looking sackboys yet lol I love it

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on February 27th, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

We need a PATAPON for PS3!!

Make it happen Chris! Please pretty please!

=]

+ Jetup on February 27th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

Pata-Pata-Pata-Sackboy!!!
Sweet.

Price for costume?

+ AKGermany on February 27th, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

Awesome Chris, your strategy posts on Patapon 1 were among my favorite blog posts on here, especially the list/graphic with the rare Patpons. Do you have something similar planned for the sequel ?

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on February 27th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Thanks AKG! You can expect to see us back here quite often, keeping youz guyz well informed on all things Patapon 2.

+ icarus69 on February 27th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

Oh My Kami!! It´s so awesome to finally get some confirmation on this game, but in May!!

Well, you better compensate us PataFans by releasing the first game on PSS.

ALso, I’m expecting some “Level Kit” to go with the Patapon Costume ;)

Amazing game as always!

+ BigPoppaB on February 27th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

you should release it on PSN as well… surely this wouldnt be too difficult of that time consuming.

I dont have a PSP, or plan on getting one any time soon (i dont really have the downtime, and when i do id rather just play PS3).. Do it.

PAGE 1 2