Paragon

Feb 27

Feb 27

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again. Here’s your weekly update of the new movies and TV shows available on PlayStation Network. Have a great weekend, everyone!

This week we’ve added the following new HD videos:

HD

• 24 Season 7
  • American Dad Season 4
  • Xam’d: Lost Memories | Season 2
  • Girl With a Pearl Earring
  • College Rated & Unrated
  • RockNRolla
  • Pride and Glory
  • Damages Season 2
  • Lair of the White Worm
  • Traitor

And the following feature films:

Movies:

• Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco
  • Island in the Sky
  • Open Range
  • The History Boys
  • Till Human Voices Wake Us
  • Uncommon Valor

And new video content from the following television series:

TV

• Nip Tuck Season 4
  • Sealab 2021 Season 3
  • Shuffle Season 1
  • The Drinky Crow Show Season 1
  • Smallville Season 8
  • Supernatural Season 4

And finally, here are our top 10 HD and non-HD movie and TV downloads for the week:

Top Movies

1. Body of Lies
    2. Pineapple Express
    3. Hulk Vs.
    4. College (Unrated)
    5. Quarantine
    6. Saw V (Unrated)
    7. Choke
    8. Eagle Eye
    9. My Best Friend’s Girl (Unrated)
    10. Resident Evil: Degeneration

Top HD Movies

1. Body of Lies
    2. Pineapple Express
    3. Eagle Eye
    4. Hulk Vs.
    5. Saw V (Unrated)
    6. Resident Evil: Degeneration
    7. Hit and Run
    8. My Best Friend’s Girl (Unrated)
    9. College (Unrated)
    10. RocknRolla

Top TV Episodes

1. Family Guy Season 7 “Oceans 3 1/2”
    2. Important Things with Demetri Martin Season 1 “Timing”
    3. The Simpsons Season 20 “Take My Life Please”
    4. Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory Season 1 “Get With Your Power Animal”
    5. Important Things with Demetri Martin Season 1 “Power”
    6. MTV’s Nitro Circus Season 1 “Nitro Summer Games”
    7. Watchmen Motion Comic Season 1 “Chapter One”
    8. Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory Season 1 “Extreme Timmy!”
    9. Afro Samurai Season 1 “Revenge”
    10. Family Guy Season 7 “The Man With Two Brians”

Top HD TV Episodes

1. 24 Season 7 “Day: 4:00PM – 5:00PM”
    2. Burn Notice Season 2 “Truth and Reconciliation”
    3. The Unit Season 4 “The Last Nazi”
    4. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 3:00PM – 4:00PM”
    5. The Beast Season 1 “Hothead”
    6. Bones Season 4 “The Princess & The Pear”
    7. American Dad Season 4 “Stan Time”
    8. Sons of Anarchy Season 1 “Pilot”
    9.24 Season 7 “Day 7: 10:00AM – 11:00AM”
    10. 24 Season 7 “Day 7: 2:00PM – 3:00PM”

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Errod88 said:

February 27th, 5:17 am

I hope this comes to australia woot
first comment

coppi6976 said:

February 27th, 5:20 am

nice update!!!!!

btz said:

February 27th, 5:30 am

1/5…

bandoors_ksa said:

February 27th, 5:31 am

nice i hope to see the video store in other Reagen :(

TheUsedVersion said:

February 27th, 5:39 am

Could someone please answer when Qore annual subscribers are going to receive their Syphon Filter voucher? I’ve been an annual subscriber since Episode 1 and have never had any problems before. Could you at the very least direct me to someone who can help me with this situation? Others have tried calling Sony Customer Support with no avail. Please tell me who to contact to resolve this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention in regard to this matter.

**I apologize for voicing my issue here but I have no other avenue to turn to since Sony Customer Support is unable to help any of the subscribers afflicted with this issue.**

JKC31 said:

February 27th, 5:48 am

I have no space left for movies. I have to upgrade my HDD. I had to Delete all of my game utilities to hold my PSN games. I know I can delete the PSN games I don’t play often and download again, but it takes the fun out of it. I rather install the Disk game over:P. Anyone know of a huge HDD that will work?

MeanMrMustard said:

February 27th, 5:49 am

MORE METALOCALYPSE EPISODES!!!! DETHKLOK RULES! I LOVE YOU, MURDERFACE!!!!!

TheUsedVersion said:

February 27th, 6:07 am

@ JKC31

Any of these will work. Just make sure you get a 2.5″ hard drive instead of a 3.5″ HDD. Also, go for at least 7200 RPMs which all of the ones listed on the page I linked to are. There is a 320GB HDD on there thats only $79.99 which is a good deal.

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

February 27th, 6:15 am

Are we ever getting the Music Zone I saw you guys announce last year???

Please keep bringing INDIE movies!

NoLaws said:

February 27th, 6:17 am

give us an update on the Canadian’s situation!!! come on!

morris1129 said:

February 27th, 6:22 am

@5 I already got my code you should have gotten yours by now.

browntown said:

February 27th, 6:24 am

When is this coming to Canada! Any time soon? i would love to rent some hd movies if they are around 6 dollars.

PMW said:

February 27th, 6:29 am

It’s about time we had this service in Europe, what happened to Vidzone too?

Debille said:

February 27th, 6:34 am

@9

I agree someone at SONY should put its pants grab a good dose of courrage and tell Canadians AND other territories when willi we have access to the video store . This has become ridiculous to see comments week after week but never have a replie from SONY . Even if you dont know yet let us know , we just want an update on the situation damn it .

Debille said:

February 27th, 6:49 am

@6

You can buy a seagate Momentus 2.5 inch HDD . I have a 250GB HDD in my PS3 and i dont regret the 120 bucks i spent and its easy to install . Dont forget to backup your system BEFORE you change the HDD oh and clean the stuff you can install easily like games cuz it will take forever to copy ….

Vengeful-Chaos said:

February 27th, 6:53 am

Can we please have more than one download and a standard price of 9.99 for all movies? Come on compete with itunes you know you wanna.

GamerMoney said:

February 27th, 6:57 am

….I still see no boondocks for adult swim…oh and having afro samurai resurrectiom up there would be nice

Destiny89 said:

February 27th, 7:01 am

is this coming to Canada or not? i just need an answer .. yes or no??
come on :(

Ftwrthtx said:

February 27th, 7:02 am

Thanks for the update

tonhamp said:

February 27th, 7:03 am

Can anyone tell me if the Yoda download for SCIV is still available for purchase? If so post a link I can’t find it on the site.

Thanks!

TheUsedVersion said:

February 27th, 7:03 am

@11 morris1129

Most have received their vouchers but there are still many who haven’t. Its ridiculous that Sony CS doesn’t have the authority to handle situations like this. Who else is the customer supposed to contact?

I’ve never had a problem getting my vouchers before. My ISP doesn’t have a spam filter on their email so I know it wasn’t a case of the email getting stopped by a spam filter. They just didn’t send it to me and plenty of others which is evident by the posts on the Playstation.com Qore forums.

KSPRAYDAD said:

February 27th, 7:08 am

Yet another week when a Senior Manger of a SONY department…having DIRECT contact with her customers on a forum…chooses to once again ignore her customers’ requests to comment on the re-downloading problems/issues.

Please Ms. Chen, as a Senior Manager with direct content to your clients a little repartee would be appropriate don’t you think?

1/5

@#6 any 2.5″ SATA I or II drive will do. I personally went with WD Scorpio but it doesn’t really matter.

coastermaniac said:

February 27th, 7:15 am

lol. the usual awesome update, the usual 12 year-olds complaining to Sony about whatever country they’re in’s crappy copyright laws, the usual morons rating the post 1/5 because people tailgate…

keep these posts coming Grace! I can always use a good laugh and these comments provide them in spades…

KSPRAYDAD said:

February 27th, 7:21 am

@22…

Have you had to send in your PS3 for repairs?

For those that have this unfortunate event happen it would be awesome to loose all your paid movie content right?

StalkingSilence said:

February 27th, 7:29 am

What is “College Unrated” if not a movie?

Jeigh said:

February 27th, 7:49 am

Beverly Hills Ninja FTW. :P

May Chris Farley rest in peace.

Mattieboy21 said:

February 27th, 8:02 am

Update School Rumble Season 2 Anime! so i can purchase the last 13 episodes!! Also add Negima Seasons 1 and 2

MiltonMafia said:

February 27th, 8:08 am

@14

Did the same thing. Very easy to install. There was a video on IGN that helped with it though. Backed up the ps3 harddrive to my ipod because my external usb harddrive I had wasn’t recognized.

@22
You must be American, otherwise you wouldn’t say that. By the way I’m 31, where’s are Canadian content. How about an eta. Let me guess, annoucment at E3?

Superfish324 said:

February 27th, 8:22 am

and the UK video service is coming when….?

Debille said:

February 27th, 8:32 am

@22

I agree the update is really good but without the video store its totaly useless so people are not acting like 12 years old when they rate it 1/5 we cant use it anyway .

hahnster99 said:

February 27th, 8:37 am

When are we going to see more networks on PSN like NBC or CBS?

Benjamin23 said:

February 27th, 8:52 am

Hey hey hey just to kick things off got killzone 2 kicks ass!
second is just a quick question to when the uk is gona get the video store please reply if you a spare minute away from your ps3

Vash_Nightmare said:

February 27th, 8:53 am

Please add “advance search” feature in the video store where we can search movies by year, actor, etc

Mike_Feith said:

February 27th, 8:53 am

Canada use your head if you keep giving it 1/5 its gonna show nobody likes it or that canada doesnt like it in particular then they will either pull the service or it just wont come to you seeing as how you always give 1/5 just because you dont got it, how childish. Think about that though.

LongTallnUgly said:

February 27th, 8:54 am

why would anyone buy a movie download? I can see renting it but buying seems pointless especially when we all have blu ray players.Or is it just me?

Onna76_NL said:

February 27th, 9:08 am

OH… MY… GOD!! You’ve 24 for download??? Nnnnnniiiiiiiiiihhhhhh… *getting grazy*.

Grace, do you have any idea when other countries are going to get the Video Channel? Don’t hear anything from our buddy Reeves or from others about that.

mikedo2007 said:

February 27th, 9:17 am

@ 21

I agree with you on that one. We also need more anime like from VIZ (Bleach, Naruto uncut), and Bandai (Gundam, Code Geass) and ADV Film (bunch of mecha anime).

Can we add Manswers and 1000 ways to die on the video store??

Gumbydunzeeto said:

February 27th, 9:22 am

What happened to Blu-Ray?

Onna76_NL said:

February 27th, 9:28 am

I’m gonna put this down in a few blog posts, I’m so excited. Yakuza 3 sold 232.000 (you read that right) on its first day in Japan?! Sony is still alive and kicking in Japan! Now bring on those RPG’s stupids! *Pointing at SCEJ*

xaos said:

February 27th, 9:35 am

Some of these movies have definitely been up for at least a couple weeks; glitch in the list?

Emadeowa said:

February 27th, 9:45 am

When do us Canadians get this awesome video store????? Damn I would gladly spend my cash there as i do in the PSN Store

stri said:

February 27th, 10:13 am

Bring this to CANADA!!!

I mean, C’mon! wars don’t have this much red tape…

ChainClutch said:

February 27th, 10:43 am

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

Frostquake said:

February 27th, 11:55 am

Question???

Why do I have to take my Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 8GB Magic Gate Mark 2 Card out of my PS3 memory slot, put it in my PSP, to transfer a movie to the memory stick? Why can I not transfer the movie directly to the Memory Stick in the PS3 Memory slot without taking it out?
What am I doing wrong?
psn:frostquake

Kxpuc said:

February 27th, 12:09 pm

@TheUsedVersion
i got mine days ago so no clue what’s the hold up

Jetup said:

February 27th, 1:30 pm

Yay, Beverly Hills Ninja? -_-
Owell I got my free Mtv episodes :)

Thrasher20 said:

February 27th, 2:12 pm

Looking great store updater!

But too bad I will be busy playing Killzone 2 ;)

Korlithiel said:

February 27th, 3:16 pm

Still no access to this content straight from my PSP, and the only other viable option is to buy a PS3 since the media manager software blows so woefully.

MidnightBlues said:

February 27th, 5:49 pm

Oh my god you guys still refuse to add that part 2 episode of its always sunny in philidelphia…it has been missing and for some reason you refuse to complete the simple task of making this episode available….its like you guys dont even look at the store after you put it up….how could you miss the fact that episode 13 is completely effing missing??! and it just HAD to be a 2 part episode so you can make us fork out the cash for episode 1 and then leave us hanging in the wind waiting (for months!) for part 2….

…..sigh

TheTemples said:

February 27th, 7:57 pm

HOW HOW HOW, are they still releasing Xam’d?
It finished. Seriously, fix it…

PAGE 1 2