PS4-Watch_Dogs

SingStore Update: Britney, MGMT, Vanilla Ice

Aaron Orsak's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Orsak on Feb 27, 2009 // US Producer

Good news for all you Britney Spears fans! A Britney Spears song pack has been added to the North American SingStore featuring five chart-topping hits from her ten-year career. Currently available for $6.99, the song pack includes the following tracks:

Britney Spears - coming to SingStar

• (You Drive Me) Crazy
  • Born To Make You Happy
  • I Love Rock n’ Roll
  • Oops! I Did It Again
  • Stronger

In addition to the Britney Spears song pack, 18 new songs have been added to the SingStore. Here’s a highlight of songs that went live in the recent update:

• MGMT – ‘Youth’
  • Vanilla Ice – ‘Ice Ice Baby’
  • Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder – ‘Ebony & Ivory’
  • Dizzee Rascal feat. Calvin Harris – ‘Dance Wiv Me’

We’ve got a lot in the pipeline for the SingStar franchise in the months ahead. Please stay tuned for new releases and updates in the coming weeks.

61 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ KingSmashy on February 27th, 2009 at 5:13 pm said:

Britney is still HOTT!

+ Johnnieabraham on February 27th, 2009 at 5:15 pm said:

Kind of random post. Still not enough going on in Singstore for me to shell out the money to buy it. I think it’s a good game just not enough.

+ GamerMoney on February 27th, 2009 at 5:15 pm said:

ice ice baby…lol i miss the 90′s though i prefer ninja rap…liking those vanilla ice songs are something i’m guilty of…oh and it’s in no way because of the lyrics lol

+ GamerMoney on February 27th, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

on a side note…i thought britney was hot when i was 11yrs old in 5th grade…she had just turned 18 lol

+ jipmg on February 27th, 2009 at 5:19 pm said:

If only you guys would bring the singstore to the ps store, so that everyone could buy it

+ Jackal888 on February 27th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

Aaron, I know there are lots of issues with music and rights.I love SingStar but wish it had better songs. Most of the groups and songs are aimed towards European crowds and ’80′s music.I want R&B/ Hip-Hop and Soul music. You have a great rap meter which is fun, but hardly used. My friends and I love to play but we are wishing for better music.

+ Harry190 on February 27th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

Any word on Singstar Volume 3 for North America please. Just so to know whether to import or not.

Is trophy support really coming this year too?

Thanks.

+ saintaqua on February 27th, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

It’s about time you guys update us on the SingStore!! Please do so more often, I am a huge fan of Sing Star and want it to get even better.

+ Thrasher20 on February 27th, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

I’m sold on Vanilla!

+ Jeigh on February 27th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Hate to break it to Jackal888, but the game’s biggest fanbase is IN Europe. That the game would cater to them should not be such a big surprise, though I’m not sure I like your implication that Americans are inherently prone to Rap, seeing as I love my Pop, Rock, Instrumentals, Classical, Electronica, Alternative, etc. alongside my Rap. And the latter is actually the smallest genre I own. Let’s not start throwing around stereotypes, mm-kay?

Britney Spears… I liked her first album, but things just kept going downhill, with the occasional bumps along the way.

+ ivedoneyourmom on February 27th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

If any of you Developers/Song Choosers of Singstar are paying attention to the comments in this log, I have a couple of ideas… SingStar seems like it could be a PSN title, put it on the hard disk of the PS3, it’s kind of a hassle to swap in disks for singstar. While I don’t have a copy myself, I do have LBP, and find it tedious to put in the disk all the time just to check what new stuff is on there.

Also how about giving customers a chance to voice what songs/artists we want you to get, maybe polls, or something. Personally I am not interested in the game unless you were to get some J-Pop, because I can go out to any bar here to do american songs with my friends, but it’s a 45 minute drive to the nearest Japanese Karaoke bar.

Once again, don’t have a copy, but will buy one if you release J-pop

+ Zookey on February 27th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

I wonder if the CD-insert for her greatest hits includes a pic of her shaved bald—IMO that is by FAR her greatest hit LOL!

+ KivrinL on February 27th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

Would have been nice to cut and paste the list of 18 songs for everyone to see.

Is there a way to turn off the vocal track or do you always have to sing along with it in Singstar?

I agree that the selection is minimal. Especially for a franchise that has been around so long.

Are there plans for some sort of Singstar integration with Home? Karaoke Space? Or Singstar Space with the videos from the top rated user videos being streamed?

+ MidnightBlues on February 27th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

people listen to Britney Spears?!?! LOL that is sooo funny I cant believe people would pay money for that crap…..actually I cant believe they consider that crap to be music at all!!!…..LOL

+ Jon_Mclane on February 27th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

You guys should add blood red summer by coheed & cambria

+ DMPrince on February 27th, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

Need some songs from her new album Circus.

+ NoRRis_012 on February 27th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

2 of those songs of hers are lame. where’s Toxic? or songs from Blackout or Circus?

+ NightHawk17 on February 27th, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

Great game but you guys gotta update more frequently, also when are we getting those trophies?

+ TRIX_BOL on February 27th, 2009 at 6:36 pm said:

Aaron, could you tell us if SingStar will already have trophy-enabled by this summer?

+ Ankh-Morpork on February 27th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

Is it a possibility there will ever be Japanese songs on the store?

+ Asshandler on February 27th, 2009 at 6:42 pm said:

It’s about time Singstar started getting some PS Blog time. Please keep me posted whenever new updates are live each week, I always use this blog for that sort of thing.

+ KSPRAYDAD on February 27th, 2009 at 6:45 pm said:

My girls like Singstar but being 12 means they don’t know 80′s music or Euro music…there isn’t alot of choice for them which is too bad because Daddy has money to spend on them if wanted…

Why is it that RB and GH can get current musicians but SS cant?

+ jimfear on February 27th, 2009 at 6:57 pm said:

hahaha wow vanilla ice =P

+ erico316ecw on February 27th, 2009 at 6:59 pm said:

okay this is more American like i agreed with #11 we should have a place to voice what songs we want

+ SyphonFilter- on February 27th, 2009 at 7:31 pm said:

I love Britney spears,those songs of hers are good choices.

+ saintaqua on February 27th, 2009 at 7:34 pm said:

I really think SingStar it’s self should be free for every PS3 user and people pay only for song dl’s.

+ TakiFuGu on February 27th, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

Wireless Mics and Trophy support. That’s all I ask.

+ Dehshizknight on February 27th, 2009 at 7:59 pm said:

Man, this is another game I really want to get. All that I ask is for more hip-hop and rap music.

+ the_beazt on February 27th, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

DEPECHE MODE SONGS PLEASE!!!!!! and Gorillaz’s Song D.A.R.E.

+ Jon_Mclane on February 27th, 2009 at 8:13 pm said:

@17
Toxic is on Singstar Volume 1

+ Solofire on February 27th, 2009 at 8:31 pm said:

Please keep us informed! This should be a regular post that lists EVERY NEW SONG and is made EVERY TIME the Singstore is updated. I hate having to search the forums for this info!

+ Jackal888 on February 27th, 2009 at 8:36 pm said:

@ Jeigh, I know not all American’s listen to is R&B, Hip-Hop and Soul. I love Rock and Pop also. Its just that the game has not pushed enough content for fans of these genres. It is sad that even with all the artists and music that SONY/BMG owns Singstar has such a sad catalog for America.
As for your argument that it is more popular in Europe. So is Buzz!, yet the North American game has questions that cater to US population.

+ ManaKnight on February 27th, 2009 at 8:48 pm said:

So happy to hear about the Brittney Spears songpack. :D That just made my day.

Also, I’m interested to hear about a U.S. release on:
Wireless Mics
SingStar Queen (Please bring the PS3 version stateside)
SingStar Volume 3 U.S. (Really want to sing to Michael Jackson “Billie Jean”)

Thanks for keeping us updated Aaron. It would be nice if you could post on the PS Blog keeping us SingStar fans tuned. :D

+ Bug42 on February 27th, 2009 at 8:54 pm said:

Please, Please bring Depeche Mode to the states!

+ linebeginstoblur on February 27th, 2009 at 9:02 pm said:

I totally agree with #34. You guys said that “Enjoy the Silence” and “Shake the Disease” would be on the US SingStore at launch. Not only were they not there at launch, but they never appeared. They’re not the only songs, though, that never made it to the States. Sorry, guys, but this is why I just can’t really take SingStar seriously anymore. I feel like America’s getting a worse version. I mostly do my singing DLC via Rock Band because of this.

+ linebeginstoblur on February 27th, 2009 at 9:06 pm said:

Also, I really want to hear more about trophies. It was said that there would be trophies for the SingStar series on the PS3, but I’m just about convinced lately that it was just someone casually mentioning it, knowing it would make people happy, thinking they could get away with not actually doing it. Same with Bionic Commando Rearmed.

I know you guys deserve much more credit than that, and I’d like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I don’t like it when people say they’re doing something “soon,” and then half a year goes by without them even mentioning it again. Even if you find excuses to keep delaying it, at least keep us updated and make us think that they are actually coming. And if they’re not, tell us already.

+ Confucius89 on February 27th, 2009 at 9:54 pm said:

Britney Spears should never be on any playstation product.
EVER

+ JoeDuke4 on February 27th, 2009 at 9:57 pm said:

You guys need to add more classics, and all the tracks from “Amped” and “80s”!!
PLease!

+ Ftwrthtx on February 27th, 2009 at 10:19 pm said:

We really need alot more current hits.

+ wallbc01 on February 27th, 2009 at 11:30 pm said:

any chance we can get some songs from recent years instead of 80s and 90s music every week? prob not because you dont seem to care about the community and do not regularly keep us up to date on whats coming

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on February 28th, 2009 at 1:12 am said:

Too late, I gave up on this game last year after months of terrible online content. Wish I’d never bought it in the first place.

+ mazda21 on February 28th, 2009 at 1:53 am said:

are u guys ever going to come out with a spanish sing star game with music like salsa, merengue, and reggaeton.

+ Carnivius_Prime on February 28th, 2009 at 1:57 am said:

Pass on this, but someone mentioned Singstar Queen? As in the actual band Queen with Freddie Mercury? Now that I’d be interested. Queen have a massive catalogue of great songs to sing along to. I remember back when I used to drink, a nice night of drunken Queen karaoke that ended with a long rendition of We Are The Champions the whole pub joined in with.

+ corpocannibal on February 28th, 2009 at 3:33 am said:

Oh jolly good. What a star. Playback on the “live” shows ´cause she “can´t sing and dance at the same time”.

Fake Star would be the correct term for this.

+ Flanders on February 28th, 2009 at 3:37 am said:

Wait….you mean you guys are still supporting PS3 Singstar?

From the complete lack of updates and information I figured Singstar was dead. The game itself is in major need of fixing and support. I gave up trying to buy songs from the Singstore as it was taking literally hours to download a song. Horrible, terrible support for this game in the US.

+ biffsmack on February 28th, 2009 at 5:36 am said:

What about singstar Queen?

+ Elsa on February 28th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

yeah… any confirmation on when Singstar Queen (or Queen song packs) will be made available in North America?? (including Canada!!!!!)

+ Shacojin on February 28th, 2009 at 9:40 am said:

I LOVE Singstar, but I wish there was more R&B and HipHop and Rap (REAL RAP). Bring me some Linkin Park too…. preferably the song “FROM THE INSIDE”!!

+ lokashnow on February 28th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

#34- get the game from http://www.game.co.uk, that is where we imported it from.

I would love to know about Singstar Queen for PS3 and wireless mics.

More frequent store updates would be nice as well!

+ StalkingSilence on February 28th, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

Looking forward to all the new stuff for SingStar. This and Buzz! are my favorite games.

Also, should Chris Brown songs be removed from SingStar? http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/02/27/opinion-should-chris-brown-be-removed-from-singstar/

PAGE 1 2