LittleBigPlanet 3

Viewing your PlayStation Trophies on PlayStation.com

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Mar 02, 2009 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Back in November we introduced the ability to sign in to PlayStation.com using your PlayStation Network login credentials. Currently you can see your online ID, your avatar, and view your friend list. You also have the ability to get your Portable ID for use on forums and social networking sites.

Trophies1

If you haven’t already signed in to PlayStation.com using your PSN ID, you’re definitely going to want to tomorrow (sign in here). When we introduced PlayStation Trophies last year we promised we would be extending the feature to the web. We are near ready to release our first phase which will allow you to view your PlayStation Trophies on PlayStation.com with all of the details you can see on your PS3. Later this year, we’ll enhance these features giving you the ability to compare and sort trophies in new ways.

Here’s what you’ll see when we go live tomorrow:

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 9

+ norm01 on March 2nd, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

Great work and I can’t wait. Are there plans to incorporate features like displaying trophies and games that I’ve been playing from the PSN ID into other social networking sites like Facebook? It’s a nice way to market the PSN into non-PSN minded folks from my (Facebook) Friends List.

+ jdizzle84 on March 2nd, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

This is a much needed feature. Great job Sony.

Hopefully the 3D trophies are implemented in Home soon. I think that would make loads and loads of PS3 users log into Home.

+ PhoenixP3K on March 2nd, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

Good additions, just the other I wanted to check out my trophies, but didn’t have access to the TV just yet. Next step, HOME integration where I can show off my tropies.

+ Skv007 on March 2nd, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

The best news i’ve heard in months ^^
Great job guys!

+ DeathroW22 on March 2nd, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

Trophies on the PSN cards, next step!?

SCEE say on eu.playstation.com’s portable ID creation page that trophies will be available soon on the cards, so yeah, lets hope we get em soon! :D

+ Marrone04 on March 2nd, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

Sweet. Any word on psp trophies? An integration between pc, ps3 and psp would be awesome.

+ MakasuUS on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

Any thoughts on making an API available for sites to build up free hype and community around the playstation 3 brand?

+ Bloody_Marcel on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:00 pm said:

Is it possible to check friends trophies or just yours?

+ Ehahneli-13 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

Nice, just need to add them to our portable ID’s now. Also, PSP games should get trophies.

+ Ackers11 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:01 pm said:

Sorry this is a bit of a moan;
could i just say that the trophies are too slow to load up…. when i look on someones gamer card (or whatever its called) it takes forever and im just seing arrows rotate in circles for ages…….then i finally give up.

moan over

Its great that your updating the site, ill check it out tomorrow! :-)

+ SyphonFilter- on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:03 pm said:

I think another good thing is to be able to search for PSN’s on the site. Then we can just search for people and see their trophies,etc

+ Dante2021 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

It’s about time but good work anyway … 3D trophies and this new Firmware update wich gives in-game chat (i hope so that’s true not only a funny joke ) and that’s all I need for today

+ SteveLV702 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

What I would like to see is a Developer API for the PSN.. XBox has one and so for the iPhone and the Android phone company 1337pwn.com has app that lets you see your friends list and whos online playing what game from your Mobile Phone… They want to make one for iPhone and Android for us with PSN but you guys dont have a API so they can’t do. it… so um please please please get one…

+ jipmg on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

thats nice

+ Crotin on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:08 pm said:

One step closer to supreme pwnage

+ jazzyrider on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

So what’s Phase 2?

BTW, will there be an avatar or signature of some kind for forums where we can see a trophy summary, ie levels and number of trophies?

+ PACMAN_07 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

can we view this with the ps3 browser and the last time i check out the website i couldt log in with my psn id using my ps3 browser. the new features look good jeff cant wait to check it out tomorrow

+ Buddyleej on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

How about a official worldwide leaderboard for the trophies.

+ SirTrigalot on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

Awesome. I was so tired of clicking through all my trophies on PS3 trophies and playfire. Great work as always guys. The forum gamercard is going to be great when ya’ll release it too! *hint hint*

+ Lethal_Visionz on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

Great job guys!, glad to see your finally catching up to the competitor. cant wait to see what features come next, hopefully its a redesigned portable id!

+ Sly-Ripper on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

Jeff, is there any way that external sites can use the PSN login API? Or is that for PS owned sites? Also, any word on an API for a users trophy data?

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

Not at this time, no.

+ supafuzz on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

Sweet.

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

thanks you i’ve been waiting for this for a long time

+ Thrasher20 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

Yayuh! Best news this month! Keep up the great work SCE!

+ Capt-Fury- on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

IMO the portable should list trophy level and last games played…which is more important than random trophies you just got.

also, release an API so third party websites can use this information. Its free publicity and it has work rather well for the other company.

+ jeffbax on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

How about a way to edit your friends list? Right now, I have to write names down from my computer, and then type them in on the PS3… it would be much more convenient to just do this on the computer as well.

+ ManaKnight on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

Definitely awesome news. Looking forward to comparing trophies with others in the future also. :)

I also hope to see trophies on the portable ID cards one day.

+ Seiven on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

WOOT!

…that is all

+ madtyger on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

Yes finally! Now I don’t have to use those other sites anymore!

+ WhiteWolfDK on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

Really looking forward to the day when we will be able to link live to our PSN ID Cards and everyone can see them-

Will make the job of weeding out cheaters on the leaderboards at sites like Playfire a lot easier :)

//WhiteWolf

+ Stoffinator on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

Looks very cool. Can’t wait to see it.

+ MGSROCKS1 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:25 pm said:

Hey Jeff, I have a couple of questions for ya:

1) When will we be able to send messages through us.playstation.com? It sucks because Xbox.com lets you send messages to people on your friend’s list and I would love it if I can send messages to my PSN friends if I don’t have my PS3 with me when I’m traveling.

2) Are you guys going to add voice messaging soon in a firmware update?

3) Can you please improve your phone customer service? I called them yesterday about my Duel Shock 3 controller and they were very impolite.

Thanks Jeff for actually taking the time to reply to our comments and questions. I wish if more people on the blog responded to our comments.

+ X-CageRage-X on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

Looks great, but I want the ability to link accounts, because I’m 60% with R2 trophies and its on my old account. :(

+ Jazzagers on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

Any chance that trophies for PSP are in the pipeline?

+ Gambit07 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

Hope the next phase includes, a trophy ranking system, to see our position compared to everyone else, I wonder who’s in 1st place…

+ xXCrazyFishXx on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:30 pm said:

Awesome! No if only you would add trophies for the PSP…

+ BenderUnit22 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

That’s great. I really hope eventually there’ll be an API to make trophy cards that automatically update.

+ bushisprez on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:32 pm said:

yeah!!! finally I guess…. :/

+ quiclynx39 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

this is sweet, i wonder if eventually the new PSP will have trophies of its own that tie in to the total trophy count

+ Gekidami on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

Hope you guys make all this viewable, along with the most recently played games on a card we can put in our sigs for the rest of the internet to see. Right now its not really of much use till thats doable.

+ Leweegibo on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

oh wow, being an Aussie and only using the au.playstation.com site(very rarely due to content, or lack thereof) i was never aware we could even look at our profiles on our PC’s, let alone soon to be able to check trophies, great stuff!!!
…So any idea why the AU site is so many leagues behind (no PSN sign in), fat lazy Aussies to blame or what!??

+ oGGe45 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

Very good news! :D

+ bigdaddyjane on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

COOL

+ Gr00v3r06 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

Looks very nice. I can’t wait to look at what I’m missing on the web. I really can’t wait to be able to compare trophies of my friends and really look up anyone.

Also please work on messaging. I would really like to send my PSN friends messages through the web browser.

+ DaxMontana on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

This feels a bit like the new Photo browser:

a new way to do something I never do.

But for those people who care about their meaningless trophies, I suppose this is a good feature.

+ mywhitenoise on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

Jeff, do you know if there’s any chance that older games will be patched to have trophies?
I know Konami responded in some blog posts that they are looking into patching MGS4, thats the one I want most. But I’d also love the skill points from Ratchet and Resistance to be converted to trophies (Insomniac is stubborn on this one), as well as Heavenly Sword, Hot Shots Golf, Disgaea, and Valkyria Chronicles…especially the last 2 since I bought them but havent played them because Im hoping for a patch.

+ DJKim0701 on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

to Konami & Kojima: MGS4 NEEDS Trophies.

Many hardcore gamers WANTED to patch MGS4’s trophies, PLEASE???? Trophies are very interesting for me!! Please patch MGS4 trohpies!!!!

+ SS_keyblade on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:42 pm said:

Hey jeff, I’m wondering if we’ll be able to have gamercards to use as signatures soon you know that updates our games recently played and shows our trophies level. hopefully you can answer this :) as always keep up the good work.

+ VixDiesel on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

Can I just say…

It’s about time.

+ Caemgen on March 2nd, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

Pretty cool! Thank you for the nice update. I’m looking forward to comparing trophies with my PSN Friends and send/receive messages in PC-browser too (very nice to have this feature someday, when I’m at work or out of town).

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 9