PS4-Watch_Dogs

LocoRoco 2: Get Loco on Facebook and More!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar + Posted by Chuck Lacson on Mar 03, 2009 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Even with LocoRoco 2 now available for everyone at stores, we wanted to make sure you knew about all the great fun things you still have access to!

LocoRoco DEMO is Available!
First of all if you still haven’t gotten LocoRoco 2 because you want to try it out first, be sure you roll to the PSP Store to grab the demo. Then you’ll find out what all the buzz is about!

LocoRoco PSP Demo

Check out what USA TODAY just said – “this is a game that makes you feel good” – 5 Stars (out of 5).

More Ways to keep your PSP and PS3 Loco!
For those of you haven’t kept up with the crazy shower of free LocoRoco content on the PS Store you might have missed this new theme for both your PSP and PS3!!

LocoRoco 2 PS3 Theme
“It’s big…it’s yellow…it’s all Loco”

You Can Still Win Loco Prizes!
For those of you who still haven’t signed up for the “Don’t Worry, Get Loco!” sweepstakes…all I have to say is..”What are you waiting for?!”

It’s FREE! It’s Easy! and best of all you can win these –

Locoroco stress reliever toy Locoroco stress reliever toy Locoroco stress reliever toy

(ok…its the same thing I know…but you get my point.)

Just go to the sweepstakes page and get your chance to win! (Remember – You can enter once everyday to increase your chances!)

FUN STUFF at LocoRoco.com
LocoRoco.com certainly has a ton of stuff for every LocoRoco fan.

LocoRoco 2 Fans

For those of you who have already bought LocoRoco 2, and you need some help, be sure to check out the Fan section for some helpful Hints and Tips!

LocoRoco 2 Facebook Fanpage

If you use Facebook you can get embed a LocoRoco Calendar to spice up your FB page.

LocoRoco 2 High Score

There is also a fun (and challenging) flash game that you can play and post your high score. My personal best is 71570 so consider this my official challenge to you to beat it. :)

I want to take this time to thank all of your support and Loco-love we’ve seen on the comments. Great games like LocoRoco 2 are only possible through passionate fans like yourself!

This won’t be the end of the LocoRoco posting tho. Our boy Tsubasa is already prepping a some sweet walkthroughs for you LocoRoco 2 players who are looking to score 100%!

Keep on the lookout!

+ Zezzler on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:07 am said:

I wish Canadians could win too. :(

Oh well ill be sure to pick up this great game!

+ rAdIOhEad73 on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:07 am said:

nice news.
P.D: where is everyone? I guess people are still sleeping…

+ Destiny89 on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:21 am said:

@1
what do you mean wish if Canadian could win it? im Canadian and i want it .. but i cant get in the website O_o

+ Axecution on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:24 am said:

ha. I want one. >.>

+ Gorvi on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:38 am said:

The contest link seems to be broken now. I’ve been entering every day but the link from my favorites and on this page isn’t working anymore as of today.

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

Hi All! Sorry about the technical difficulties. Of course when I do a post, the link goes down. (Just my luck)

+ Zezzler on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:40 am said:

@3 I ment that i wish i could enter, but i am canadian. so i cant enter, and therefore not win.
sorry for not being clear, im just so sad i cant win :(

+ Korbei83 on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:44 am said:

Is that just a double-bagged balloon filled with silly puddy or sand?

Hmmmm.. Perhaps some Loco Homebrew is in order.

Ooops.. I mentioned the ‘H’ word didnt I?

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

I believe its\’ ground up corn husks…100% biodegradable! Even the balloon if you can believe it. See even the LocoRoco can be Green…while still being yellow. :)

+ eaferrari24 on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:46 am said:

umm… i have a bookmark to the link of the contest and when i go to it i get an error that says “We’re sorry. We were unable to process your request. Please try again.”

even following your link (which sends to same url) gives same error

looks like a recent error cause it worked last night for me.

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

Trying to fix now. Sorry for the trouble.

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

Site is live again my friends! Enter away!

+ Ramage on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:07 am said:

I’ve already managed to complete the mui mui house, find all locos, and beat the game. Still looking for more stickers on occasion though. My only complaint is that the unlocks for completing the mui mui house were pretty lame…I was expecting something a little better…and the screen savers seemed pretty cheap too. None of that matters though because the game was awesome either way. Thanks for the new game and trust me I’ve been punchin in my name every day since that contest started.

+ Tsubasa Inaba on March 3rd, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

Thanks for praising the game, but aww..

>the screen savers seemed pretty cheap

This was painful…
    Please keep in mind that all of us on the project review blog posts. The artwork team spend a good amount of time planning and creating these…

It hurts to see comments like this..

+ candiria on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:16 am said:

LocoRoco has always been great!

+ feedDUNK_All on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:30 am said:

Error on the link!

+ CitizenInsane27 on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:49 am said:

Already bought and beat LocoRoco2, it was amazing, much more interesting than the first I must say. The variety of the levels and mini games were excellent and fun all the way through, but now I’m making my second run through for all the MuiMui.

Trust me, PSP needed this game, can’t turn it down for $20!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on March 3rd, 2009 at 11:54 am said:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:51 am said:

Wish this was open to Mexico also

+ Slipping_halo on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:54 am said:

Interesting how the pic of the theme points to the system update icon…..dropping a hint are we? Maybe a new firmware update soon?

+ Vex_Doppel on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:57 am said:

I want one of those Loco Roco stress balls.
I think I’ll just make my own though. Yellow balloon, sand, and paintmarkers.

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

Go for it! Be sure to send us a picture tho!

+ Ftwrthtx on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:09 am said:

Thanks for the info

+ Enforcer_X on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:12 am said:

I know this is kind of off topic but kind of releated in that it is a PSP question.
I was just thinking about the GPS adapter for the PSP and was wondering about the status since it was suppose to come out before 2009 state side.
I have been holding off picking up a GPS unit waiting for the PSP adapter so I don’t need to carry additional electronics.

Otherwise I own Loco Roco 2 and it is F’ing awesome!!

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 11:37 am said:

Thanks! Wish I knew about the GPS, I think the last thing I heard is that they were prepping the US software that will support it when it launches. In anycase, I\’m sure the Hardware folks will be posting an update on that when its ready to go.

+ stlthriot on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:15 am said:

Yeah, link broken here, too.

I’ll keep checking to see if it gets fixed during the day.

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 11:38 am said:

I\’ll be sure to let you all know when we do get that sucker working again.

+ leetfoo on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:57 am said:

LocoRoco 2 is great. Once again my PSP has been completely taken over by my kids.

By the way, why have a contest whose grand prize is locoroco 2 but doesn’t reward until a month after the release… Who wants locoroco but hasn’t bought it by then?

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 11:41 am said:

To be honest, I think the Loco-fans care more about the stress-ball or the pen since you can\’t really get it anywhere else. For example, there were less than 500 stress-balls made, so its a very limited edition item.

A free PSP-3000 and Cell Phone doesn\’t hurt either for peeps who don\’t have a PSP and want to get Loco themselves. :)

+ StalkingSilence on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:58 am said:

Played the demo this morning on the metro.

+ DaShugsta09 on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

If it’s ever released on PSN, consider it bought.

+ Trieloth on March 3rd, 2009 at 8:10 am said:

Humm isnt that loco thing just a balloon filled with flour? Anyhow cool game for a good price.

+ CitizenInsane27 on March 3rd, 2009 at 8:13 am said:

Oh, can I also suggest that you market this game? I have yet to see any commercials for a such a great product at such a low price! ADVERTISE SONY! DO IT!

+ Tsubasa Inaba on March 3rd, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

Yeah! DO IT!!!

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:29 pm said:

we are! If you roll on IGN you might catch some of our lovely banner ads showcasing our sweet editor\’s choice award. :)

+ tretle on March 3rd, 2009 at 8:22 am said:

Great work on the trophy integration Jeff and the guys. Be sure to let us know whether your division expands with translators to finally give us Europeans a proper site :D

+ gooch-getta on March 3rd, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

How about a version for the ps3????

+ Blkant on March 3rd, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

Man I want that loco roco squeezey, but I never win these drawings :’(

Its so cute :(

+ mywhitenoise on March 3rd, 2009 at 9:04 am said:

I want one of those! But I hate Facebook and refuse to make an account.

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

if you use Bebo, we have one for that site as well. :)

+ Sla-Mori on March 3rd, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

Will we ever see this game on the PlayStation 3?

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

We always pass the request on to the team! :)

+ AceOfSpades725 on March 3rd, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

The link was down for the contest yesterday when I tried signing up, has it been fixed? Oh and btw I tried the demo, fun stuff! Can’t wait to hear the results of the contest!

+ Reinheart on March 3rd, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

the link is broken…

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

It\’s been fixed! :)

+ twooh on March 3rd, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

We can win two balloons (one inside the other) filled with moon sand? Looks cool.

*Jumps in the RX7 and goes to craft store*

+ Tsubasa Inaba on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

Nice ride! :-) < RX-7

+ lakaiHIGH on March 3rd, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

as soon as i finish up with KZ2 i promise i’ll get this guys! gotta support my lil PSP. and Loco Roco of course! is this gonna be downloadable anytime soon? id rather keep it on the memory stick and seeing as how rumors are bouncing all around the interwebs these past few days about the next PSP losing the UMD reader i figure it couldn’t hurt.

thanks,
Lh

+ Xuchilbara on March 3rd, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

The sweepstakes link is broken

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

I know, I\’m getting the duct tape out to fix asap!

+ Jiminy_Cricket on March 3rd, 2009 at 11:35 am said:

“100% biodegradable! Even the balloon if you can believe it.”
But really… Who’d want to throw these little relics away?!
It’s a shame I can’t enter the sweepstakes (New Zealand resident) but even more of a shame that these things can’t be purchased. I remember the days when the PS site had a merchandise store.

+ mhenderson83 on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

A Mui Mui figure/plush/whatever would be a nice collectible as well. Those little guys are awesome too…

These games are sweet – been a fan since day 1.

Any chance we’ll see downloadable expansions for Loco Roco 2? Additional levels, etc.? I’d pay more for some extra “stuff” as the game is already a steal.

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 12:34 pm said:

Thanks for the support! Not sure if we\’ll see downloadable levels in the future.

Tsubasa- You want to chime in?

+ jipmg on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

Release it on the PS STORE and I will buy it day one!

+ Ramage on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

Tsubasa,

Sorry to have offended anyone…I just feel that for quality delivered in the game I was expecting a bit more when I downloaded them. Maybe it’s just my computer? For me the screen saver was a bit choppy. I do appreciate the effort on it though.

+ Ramage on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

@36
That was my initial stance…but I didn’t hold out for more than a day. I was really hoping to see this as a DL so I would always have access to the loco even if I forgot my UMD case at home.

+ xwing_5 on March 3rd, 2009 at 1:16 pm said:

Loved the 1st one. This one looks to be even better!!!

+ Thrasher20 on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

Nice layout. I yet need to play the demo for this game, and then we can all get LOCO!!

+ PullusPardusUS on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

man , i always wanted to see what the buzz is happening on the PSP 3000 homespace, they said there is a locoroco corner and it got them jumping around ?
is this coming out on US homespace or is it US is allergic to colors?

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

You gotta have color. Haven\’t heard the verdict, but we think its a no brainer. We will be sure to ping the HOME team.

+ sNsKid on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

Facebook users beware.

+ mrkapawutzis on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

I love Locoroco 2. It’s the epitome of a perfect sequel (take everything that worked about the first one and add features that enhance the formula). I’ve already beaten but I keep playing it in order to get all the unlockables. Oh, and I can’t wait for the walkthrough. Any idea when it will be ready?

+ Chuck Lacson on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

Tsubasa is working hard on that now, he should be posting something soon. Good luck till then!

+ Gumbydunzeeto on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

So what exactly *are* the reasons for making these contests U.S. only?

If you advertise a contest, and don’t want complaints about it being U.S. only, there should be specific Sony blogs for different countries.

Tired of being excluded.

+ krae_man on March 3rd, 2009 at 10:21 pm said:

I’m getting annoyed with all the question marks I’m running into. I want to go everywhere I find and not have to wait till I learn the skill needed later.

That really ticked me off in the demo. Why did you create a demo level with areas that you couldn’t access?

+ Vex_Doppel on March 3rd, 2009 at 11:08 pm said:

Where do I send the pics?

+ sadnoob on March 28th, 2009 at 9:33 pm said:

Can someone help me PLEASE I NEED IT BAD!! i am havign trouble logging into Playstation netowrk.. i am using a wired connection this is what happens when i test connection:::::
Obtain ip address___ Succeeded
Internet connection___ Succeeded
Playstation Network___ Failed
what do i do!? i miss PSN i miss my PS3 experience i miss CoD!!! and LBP!! HELLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE! IM BEGGING YOU!