PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The Most Realistic Baseball Game Ever Hits Store Shelves Today

Troy Mack's Avatar + Posted by Troy Mack on Mar 03, 2009 // Product Manager, MLB 10 The Show

If you’re a baseball fan, you don’t want to miss Opening Day on PlayStation. From Road To The Show to Franchise Mode to Online Leagues, there is something for everyone in MLB 09 The Show. Regardless of which PlayStation is your platform of choice, the MLB franchise dubbed “best sports game of the year” for the last two seasons hits PS3, PS2 and PSP today in the bid for a three-peat. So get yourself some peanuts and Cracker Jack and take yourself out to the ballgame.

But if tutorials, trailers and a downloadable demo didn’t clinch it for you, here is a peek at what reviewers are saying:

Welcome to the show – now PLAY BALL!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ D-Squad3 on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:00 pm said:

Awesome for baseball fans.

+ Ftwrthtx on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

I’ll be picking this up once I need a break from Killzone 2.

+ D-Squad3 on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

Why can’t we have a basketball game looking like this?

+ XBLACKMAMBAX on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

This game is the fckin TRUTH

+ Hpedni on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

I’m definitely a basketball/football guy, but I’m picking this up. I wish you guys would develop a football game. Damn you ea :(

+ T3mpr1x on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

I’ll be receiving a review copy of the PSP version soon, expect to see a full review on (the new and improved :) ) http://playstationlifestyle.net soon!

+ swissmr on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

ummmm where is the Playstation Eye support? you cant blame disc room its Bluray for gosh sake. Oddly the ps2 version included it?

How can I make my team without using my household pets faces and my girlfriends body parts as player faces??
epic fail

Troy Mack's Avatar

+ Troy Mack on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

The dev team is working on this. But it\’s not quite as simple as including the EyeToy support from PS2. The EyeToy does a very nice job of capturing an image for the PS2 version which is then rendered and incorporated into player model specs. However, the player models in the PS3 version of the game capitalize on head-scanned along with frontal and profile reference images. Once these assets are combined, you have exceptional 3D player model faces. The dev team is working on a solution which would match the level detail via the PSEye that PS3 gamers have become accustomed to in the franchise.

+ ElBadBoi on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

Is it true EA that you guys are going to make a NEW system with all your guys exclusives? and about this game WOW its incredible is their going to be headset compatible?

+ Hpedni on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

This isn’t EA.

+ Skier1017 on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

haha @ 8

+ jazzyrider on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

Realistic? C’mon – give us a break. The players and stadiums look real and with some great details but look at the players outfit when they slide. Look – no dirt or grass stains? Thats like earlier car racing games that didn’t show damage. And the area where they did slide– again, no signs of grass or dirt even touched.

Anyway, yea the game looks great with the exception of details stated. I’ll probably rent it because I like baseball.

+ KivrinL on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

I’m not a sports fan. Haven’t played a sports game on a console since a few times back in the Genesis days.

And I think I am going to die of exhaustion from playing Killzone 2 non-stop online since it was released last week.

But the demo for this game was so F-ing amazing that I may buy it just for the hell of it.

+ BlindMango on March 3rd, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

looks great, nice job with this game Sony.

+ Jeigh on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:00 pm said:

It may be an annual release franchise, but I still consider this a credit to the system. Be proud.

+ Dehshizknight on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

I saw some commercials of this beast on TV. Looks great.

We need the NBA series to be this good!

+ kofilaate74 on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

I read an article that stated that users can use the ps3 eye to create a player, is this true?

+ iComet on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

Excellent!
Hope this game sells well… :)

+ Ostaf on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

Is it just more or does this not look very good?

I don’t know why but the graphics of this game don’t really look that great.

Maybe its just my computer.

Troy Mack's Avatar

+ Troy Mack on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

May be the computer. May be the monitor. But either way – if you want to see HD, check out the videos or the demo on the PSN. Or you can see them a bunch of them in HD here as well:

+ DGKid on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

they stated this incorrectly
they are not sports game of the year, nhl 08 was
and i highly doubt this will beat nhl 09 or 10

+ lakaiHIGH on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

that is for sure! MLB 09 is taking the baseball video game industry by storm. all features packed into this game are insane! its pure eye candy. can’t believe you guys have come sooo far in such a short period of time. congrats on all your success!

cheers,
Lh

+ CrashSpyro on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

I found a great review here: http://www.gamer20.com/gamehub/mlb-09-the-show-ps3/review/1506

+ APaz on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

I’m not that much of a baseball fan but I just might have to pick this up because of how realistic it looks.

+ enkill on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

Even curling is more exciting then baseball….

Troy Mack's Avatar

+ Troy Mack on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:49 pm said:

If you\’re concerned about your excitement level – you can always fast-forward your career from AB to AB in Road to the Show.

+ Dibbz on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

What’s the music at the beginning?

+ lilbuddy on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

Buying it. I sold my last one 3 months ago and I’ve been dying for this to come out….thx

+ INTVGene on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

I picked it up and I’m loving it. RTTS is great!

+ jqtaxpayer on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

The Show is definitely THE console baseball game these days. 09 will work its way into my collection eventually… especially since Petroia’s on the cover. GO SOX!

+ jakinov on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

YOu guys should try and get rid of the 5GB install for MLB 10…it’s a huge turn off. Ask Naughty Dog and others for the tricks.

Use streaming techniques and duplicate your assets. ~ Betheda/ Naughty Dog

Troy Mack's Avatar

+ Troy Mack on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:52 pm said:

That was a conservative estimate. The actual install requirement is less than half that.

+ Thrasher20 on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:21 pm said:

I seen the trailers of this game, and WOW it looks so good. Though I am not a big baseball fan but MLB The Show made me think twice.

+ stallyon84 on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

so for your comment earlier is MLB 09 for ps3 going to get support for PSEYE or is that just for FUTURE games??

Troy Mack's Avatar

+ Troy Mack on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

Looking at it for the future. MLB 09 is complete and will not support the PSEye.

+ skynidas on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:33 pm said:

IGN review is out guys: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/959/959003p1.html

The game got an 8.7, excellent score, congrats guys!!

+ Marauderxt on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

HOME RUN DERBY>>DOES IT HAVE IT?

+ ShadyDa1NOnly on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

I been playing RTTS all day. Cant wait for opening day for the Yankees=]. GO YANKEES!!!=D

+ lowhonor on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

you guys should have picked a better looking stadium for the trailer

+ acerazer1 on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

Mine is in the mail! The anticipation is killing me. Damn you amazon, I should have never preordered!

+ acerazer1 on March 3rd, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

P.S. That trailer really rocks, best sports trailer in recent memory. And there’s a reason this gets best sports game year after year, highly recommended for every sports fan out there. Even if you’re not the biggest of baseball fans.

+ Brooklyn625 on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

Excellent job Sony. Absolutely stunning sports game.

I do have a guestion. Will you be releasing any DLC via the PSN?(Like some themes or World Baseball Classic add-on)

Once again, great job. Love the batter walk up music customization feature!

Troy Mack's Avatar

+ Troy Mack on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

Perfect segue into the DLC this week that kicks off this week: Beginning this week, along the MLB 09 The Show theme for your PS3 or your PSP, you\’ll be able to download themes for your favorite MLB teams. Each week through the MLB Opening Day will introduce a new set of teams.

+ MaximusPaynicus on March 3rd, 2009 at 6:45 pm said:

A.) Thanks for yet another great game. B.) Thanks for the review copy of said game. C.) I stand by my statement that this is the single best baseball sim ever released.

-JW

Troy Mack's Avatar

+ Troy Mack on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

On behalf of the dev team, you\’re absolutely welcome. Thanks for the compliments.

+ Gomez81 on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

are the saved replays suppose to look crappy?? because on my tv, they do. it only saves res at 640x

Troy Mack's Avatar

+ Troy Mack on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

Are you playing in HD?

+ liketoski on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

Awesome but I agree that the graphics don’t look that great. I’m gonna get it and the 2K baseball game sucks, but I think the lighting for the graphics is a little too high to make it really realistic. It’s that or lower graphic games have a darker color to everything.

Troy Mack's Avatar

+ Troy Mack on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:19 pm said:

Again, playing in HD? If you and Gomez81 aren\’t, you really ought to take a gander at this thing in that environment. Stunning. But don\’t take my word for it: confirm for yourself in the boards, forums and reviews. And if you\’re tv won\’t support HD, maybe try your computer at GameTrailers.com

+ jaybiv on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:23 pm said:

This game is awesome! Great jobs guys. Love the attention to details, i.e. accurate out-of-town scorboards, fans walking around the park and the time of day changes.

But I have to agree with #39, the saved replays look horrible.

+ hvy20 on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

Wish football games would look like this

+ Snake–Eyez on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

The graphics look amazing i don’t know what you guys are talking about.

+ xeno3d on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:45 pm said:

Man, I have been waiting for this gave form months now. I picked it up today and am completely blown away. Thanks for making such an awesome game!

+ xeno3d on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:45 pm said:

Yeah.. disregard the typos in my above post..

+ swissmr on March 3rd, 2009 at 7:54 pm said:

Troy,
You ten year sony anniversary is coming up!! are they gonna give you a watch?…seems like just yesturday.
Go Toreros!! ah the old days…remember that party in 89 when we had to talk the cop out of arresting us.

+ sandule on March 3rd, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

Troy, first off all let me say that I love this game and consider it to be the best baseball title of all time. Cudos to the dev team.
Secondly, I would like to state that as a baseball fanatic living in Australia, it is very frustrating not having the game released here. I play in the Australian leagues and there are so many people who would buy a ps3 if this game was released here.
Thirdly, is there a development email where we can make comments for MLB 10. I have played baseball all year round my whole life and have played pro and semi-pro ball in the US, Europe and now Australia. I have noticed a few minor details that I think would cement MLB the show’s place at the top of all sports titles. Thanks again for listening and thanks again for a great game.

+ Poopypirate on March 3rd, 2009 at 8:09 pm said:

This is the best ball game around

+ cLOLe on March 3rd, 2009 at 8:19 pm said:

I hope the developers aren’t taking some of these kiddies too seriously. The game is great. I’m one of the few people that understand a game like The Show can’t simply add everything in one foul swoop in a season. And I look forward to the additions of 2010, 2011, 2012 and so on until we (developers included) have the complete game we’re all dying for.

So far it’s great, the online play is pretty solid. (Though playing in real stadiums still seems laggy, especially the new Yankee Stadium {though I’m willing to chalk that up to ‘new game/new servers’ for a couple weeks}). It’s realistic enough that my timing is screwed up, since the pacing is different from 08.

But otherwise it’s great, a lot of little subtleties that are amazing.

Plus it’s terribly fun to do the full laid-out dives with infielders after they’ve already caught the ball. :D

My one complaint is the voice chat in 09. L3 is a terrible choice for a button to use. But otherwise, awesome.

+ kimbo3 on March 3rd, 2009 at 8:47 pm said:

anyone have any idea when the new rosters will be out or are they already?
not having varitek with my red sox is killing me!!

PAGE 1 2 3 4